• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If you had to play a game forever, what would it be?

Muse

It would have to be long-lasting, continually fun and make you not want to kill yourself. So as Pokemon Battle Revolution goes against all those things... Super Mario World.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl? There's a lot of stuff to do, you have many choices, and stuff like that. I've only played a handful of games, so otherwise I could possible think of Super Mario Galaxy or Super Paper Mario.

The problem with Super Mario Galaxy is that when you run through the game for the first time you rush so quickly trying to unlock everything, you miss the stunning moments of the title. I would also like a Grand Theft Auto game or Spore (even though i'ce never played it, because it seems something I would'nt get bored of.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

But really. I can play this game for like, hours on end. By myself. Brawl mode only. Not trying to achieve anything. Just playing. Do you know how many times I've heard Meta Knight's little "Victory... Is my destiny..." speech?

I think I need psychiatric treatment, how 'bout you?

There are a few candidates here... Ranked in order of infinite replay value...:

Warcraft III w/ The Frozen Throne: I tried to play this game forever a few years ago. It ended up consuming almost three-quarters of my day. Yeah, I played this game to an unhealthy level. Even if you don't like the standard gameplay, there is literally a custom map for everyone. From omnipresent TDs to the ever popular DotA: Allstars to DoBRP, my all-time favorite map. (where you can spawn units and buildings whenever and whereever, and manupulate them in almost any way imaginable. as the name of the map implies, one roleplays with others on it. i'm sure a lot of people here would love it.) Sure, folks online can (and will) piss you off, but I'm used to it.

Victoria: An Empire Under the Sun w/ Revolutions expansion pack: The most continuously fun game recently for me, it takes a while to finish a game, and it's frustrating but not that frustrating. Plus mods extend it's life.

Europa Universalis II: Well I had a lot of fun with it, dumped in countless hours, and it takes so long to finish a game I've really only completed a game once. Frustrating? Not that frustrating. Again, mods add replay value.

Europa Universalis III w/ Napoleon's Ambition and In Nomine: A lot of fun, but more frustrating than it's predecessor. Takes slightly less time to finish a game, but I have yet to finish one anyway. More more more mods!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Bleh, it's like a guilty pleasure whenever I head over to my friend's house.

I think PC games trump console games in such a contest because of modability.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Echoing damn near everyone else here, but seriously. It's got tons of replayability, it's crazy fun, what the hell more do I want.

Hulk Ultimate Destruction - Even more stuffsmashing than Brawl. Just gets boring quicker.

Pokemon Battle Revolution - Well, if I can do WiFi, that is. And being able to pop onto Diamond and EV train/breed/trade for new Pokemon would be even better.

Kirby Super Star Ultra - oh my god arena moooooodes =D helper to hero is awesome fun. I mean I like Kirby as much as the next person but seriously how awesome is it to wipe bosses with something like Plasma Wisp or Waddle Doo.

Super Mario 64 DS (speaking of which I'll go play it now), Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, Animal Crossing: City Folk, Mario Kart Wii, or something along those lines.

Kirby Super Star Ultra - oh my god arena moooooodes =D helper to hero is awesome fun. I mean I like Kirby as much as the next person but seriously how awesome is it to wipe bosses with something like Plasma Wisp or Waddle Doo.

Bah, real men use Waddle Dee and Poppy Bros. Jr.

Me? Tough choice. Kirby Super Star Ultra, SSBB, SSBM(Debug Menu), SSB, Warcraft 2, and Pokemon R/B are all prime candidates. Maybe through in Brawl +, though I doubt most people here know about it. (Check the Smash Boards.)

Do you mean 'forever' as in, sit infront of the game and play from now until you die? If so, it would have to be something online where you can talk to others, otherwise you'd go insane.

I'd go with world of warcraft, because i've been playing it for about 4 years, and 2.5 of those 4 years I spent zorbed out infront of the screen, playing 12-15 hours a day 7 days a week with no social life, (or any sort of life at all for that matter).

SSBB is fun and all... but it gets extremely boring after at least an hour. I'd go insane if I had to play that forever. (despite how good I am) ,,>D

If you meant that we live normally, but only get to play one video game for the rest of our life, maybe Diablo II or Resident evil (GC).

Pokemon Ruby, easy. I've already got 600+ hours on my game :D

Tales of Symphonia's up there, too, especially if I can play it in multiplayer.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed if I had all the cheats on. Or Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon with all the cheats. Such mindless destruction :3.

Tales of Symphonia. I'd spend my time trying to get everyone as my soulmate. And trying to master playing as everyone. xD

The World Ends With You is also up there; let's see if I can get all my pins mastered~

Back
Top Bottom