• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

illegitimate offspring mafia [n0]

was this 24 hours, oops.

THIS IS DAY 2.

[rule of most amusing action order applies]

Seems someone figured something was problemful, seems they decided against dealing with it and just pulled out all the divine wrath shenanigans. Wonderful.

Now, we could list the dead, but it would be easier to list the non-dead.

Ah, whatever, Birdy, PenguinAndFriends, Phantom, Wargle, yiran, Zero Moment are dead, from ... lightning, lightning is popular, I guess. Or no, flood. Pest, perhaps?

And then, uh, Great and Powerful Trixie dies, too, oops, not mafia.

And in any case, there is definitely some pest involved in the death of MysticMoon, also not mafia, oops.

And that seems to leave Phantom.

--

As it happens, Phantom happens to be mafia. Also, town. (Things happened, yes, but nobody said there was a replacement.)

Phantom also happens to be, uh, neither dead nor alive, wrt win conditions. (Things happened, yes.)

--

Zero Moment, Vehement Mustelid, MysticMoon, PenguinAndFriends ... should win, all non-town players are dead.

By should, I mean, Wargle, also should win, except neither Birdy nor Wargle (unrelatedly, I think) called me out on horrendous role-writing. Well, uh, doing ridiculous things is expectable, not having a win condition, or having a win condition logically unfulfillable in most cases, less so >||| I didn't figure that out until too late, though, by which I mean, just now; therefore, errata -- insert "Your alignment is as target." and insert "You win if all non-town players are dead.", respectively.

Augmented Second and Phantom, definitely win, though -- only mafia players are alive. (Not all mafia had to be alive -- there aren't any living mafia, oops. There aren't any living players, oops. But hey, win condition is fulfilled, right?)

yiran, too, definitely wins, because hey, there are no living players.

... hm, Birdy and Trixie are non-winners, oops; I thought Trixie won, because Phantom is two factions ... except Phantom isn't alive, oops -- and hey, first one to actually use its open-ended power to directly attempt to win. Pity it didn't work.

I mean really, half of you got powers which would be blank checks if you'd just logick them out.

--

that didn't go well, I didn't manage to contrive an everyone-win with nobody alive, only managed a win for 4/5 of everyone.

but yes, that was a joint town/mafia/third-party win.

"But basically if you sit down and go "would 99 sane people assume X and actually Y is happening" you have to assume you have a bastard role." also this is v. relevant.

Huh? I specifically said "Everyone but me, an innocent, and a mafia dies tonight". Or did I die from someone else's action...?

Insane Deities are now the greatest role in existence and I hope I get to be one again sometime~

My role:

QUANTUM MECHANIC: each night, you may send the name of a player; that player is neither alive nor dead; when the game ends, that player is neither alive nor dead. People die if they are killed. You are never alive nor dead. Every public statement you make is either true or false.

Yeah.

My role:

QUANTUM MECHANIC: each night, you may send the name of a player; that player is neither alive nor dead; when the game ends, that player is neither alive nor dead. People die if they are killed. You are never alive nor dead. Every public statement you make is either true or false.

Yeah.

quantum mechanic? knowing res i would've thought it would have gone with schrödinger's cat

My role:

Yeah.

Goddamnit yiran, I would have won if it weren't for you meddling QUANTUM MECHANIC. ;^;

... another game, perhaps?

what.

ok so i was an innocent child. whoever i targeted at night was innocent...

yes, another please.

res said:
LOVER: on night 0, choose a player; you win if that both you and that player are not dead at the end of the game.

...I actually had a role condition and there was nothing for me to complain about because my role made sense.

Now as for the rest of it, idfk what in the name of giant hairy anglerfish happened.

"But basically if you sit down and go "would 99 sane people assume X and actually Y is happening" you have to assume you have a bastard role." this is my principle in bastard, okay, it has served well.

... So it's over?

I still don't get it, and I had the role list. OTL

:DDD

*ORACLE: each night, you may send a statement; you receive a response indicating if the statement is true or false. You win if all non-town players are dead. Your alignment is town.

*TRUTH DETECTOR: each night, you may send the name of a player; during the following day, the GM will note if each of said player's posts contains at least one true statement. You win if all non-town players are dead. Your alignment is town.

*LOVER: on night 0, choose a player; you win if that both you and that player are not dead at the end of the game. [Your alignment is same as target.]

*QUANTUM MECHANIC: each night, you may send the name of a player; that player is neither alive nor dead; when the game ends, that player is neither alive nor dead. People die if they are killed. You are never alive nor dead. Every public statement you make is either true or false. [You win if there
are no living players.]

WICKED CHILD: once, you may request that the GM publicly states if there is at least one mafia player in a given list; the list is made public. If the DON die, you lose this action and become DON. You win if only mafia players are alive. [Your alignment is mafia.]

*DON: each night, you may send the name of a player; that player dies. You win if only mafia players are alive. [Your alignment is mafia.]

*INSANE DEITY: every night, you send in something; something related to what is sent in happens; if no action is sent in, random gibberish is used instead. You win if there are only two factions remain with living players.

LYING LIAR WHO TELLS LIES: everything you post must be false; if your post contains a true statement, you die; otherwise, if your post contains a statement which is not false, you lose. [You win if all non-town players are dead.] Your alignment is town.

*ORACLE: each night, you may send a statement; you receive a response indicating if the statement is true or false. You win if all non-town players are dead. Your alignment is town.

INNOCENT CHILD: each night, you may send the name of a player; that player's alignment is town. You win if all non-town players are dead. Your alignment is town.

also, since you ununderstand, even with superior information, mission accomplished.

Huh? I specifically said "Everyone but me, an innocent, and a mafia dies tonight". Or did I die from someone else's action...?

Insane Deities are now the greatest role in existence and I hope I get to be one again sometime~

yes. so, phantom seems to have sent no action, so the kill got sent at you. mysticmoon, too, and that got sent at phantom.

so, by rule of most amusing order, your action killed everyone but you (specified) and phantom (last mafia) and mysticmoon (just a random innocent); and then phantom's nightkill offed you, and then at that point, I decided, hey, it's a bastard mafia, I'll just do stupid things and offed mysticmoon per your night 0 action "the span of two nights, a random player that's not me will suffer a harsh disease that nothing can cure, and they'll fall to the ground, dead."

as you've noted, everyone would be very wary of a blank-check role in bastard mafia. that is why I did exactly what your actions specified.

Yeah, a fairly standard game.

eh, no excitement, kind of boring, eh?

My role:

Yeah.

erratum: [You win if there are no living players.], as we know.

i was mafia don
there was NOTHING INTERESTING about it

the mafia faction was just a default, and the interesting was with the interactions between the victory condition. apologies for not giving you interesting things!

quantum mechanic? knowing res i would've thought it would have gone with schrödinger's cat

too much nethack, okay

Goddamnit yiran, I would have won if it weren't for you meddling QUANTUM MECHANIC. ;^;

... another game, perhaps?

I think I've gotten the bastard mod things out of my system by this point.

what.

ok so i was an innocent child. whoever i targeted at night was innocent...

yes, another please.

another does-things-entirely-not-expect, yeah.

...I actually had a role condition and there was nothing for me to complain about because my role made sense.

Now as for the rest of it, idfk what in the name of giant hairy anglerfish happened.

well, per role list, as written, you can only win if you get an alignment attached if you lover an innocent; and you can only win if you get schrödingered if you lover a mafia. otherwise, they'd have to kill you to achieve their win condition and end the game.

tumblr_lmjm4nI9OF1qkibivo1_400.jpg

Well at least my role was horribly broken in a good way.

Back
Top Bottom