• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I'm vaguely interested in metal but I don't really know where to start

How is it stereotyping when I know there to be tundra in Sweden?

there's tundra in norway too but why aren't you calling norway out

or finland
or russia
or canada
or the united states

plus obviously by and large not all of sweden is tundra

silly generalisation innit

That's the only one I've heard tbh (the new one) and it is pretty damn wicked. Dunno how it compares to the others.

ah
I have a few songs from their debut, I have all of Chapters From A Vale Forlorn, and all of Northwind. All great albums~ check them out

also since this has turned into like a metal recommendation thread, do you know of anything similar to Unexpect?

while I'm at it, have you heard Immortal's Sons of Northern Darkness? I really like Beyond the North Waves and I was wondering if you knew any bands that played particularly like that. but that's a wildly random question so I'm not really expecting an answer

guys guys guys

what is THE #1 all time greatest most hardcore rockin' awesome virtuoso-tastic metal album that I should get first, before any other album?

and I don't mean "what is the greatest classic of the genre", just to clear that up

ADVANCE AND VANQUISH

RUST IN PEACE

actually I have no idea as that's going to vary greatly from person to person @_@

If you like Unexpect, give Diablo Swing Orchestra a try. Stolen Babies, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Unexpect, and DSO are all very similar.

I've been meaning to listen to SGM, but I keep forgetting the name hurr. Also I have Stolen Babies, but it's not quite as "We all have schizophrenia" as Unexpect.

in my personal opinion, Northwind from Falconer is a near perfect album.

take my advice with a grain of salt though

oh god I'm listening to Disturbed and I actually sort of like it @__@ someone smack me

Is it sad that I actually like their cover of "Land of Confusion" by Genesis better than the original?

And don't bring up the In Flames cover. Way to mutilate the song, guys. If it weren't for the title, I wouldn't have known it was even a cover.

You've lost me.
I mean, you could say there's tundra in Sweden - or that there are sad people in Norway, or that there are Danes who can talk without puking, or that there are Finnish who don't love koskenkorva and salmiakki... but nobody's going to take you seriously!

How is it stereotyping when I know there to be tundra in Sweden?
"Rawr rawr rawr"... No one understands you, she-bear!

Zeta there is no clear-cut awesome metal masterpiece. I guess it's like a Slayer record for some people, and it's a fucking Opeth record for other people.

Blackwater Park by Opeth is a good place to start.

Also, in addition to what Retsu mentioned, Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Dog Fashion Disco, Dillinger Escape Plan...

Back
Top Bottom