• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Is Cannibalism That Wrong?

Alexi

The Religion section is now a joke
First, I want to say this is a serious thread. I'm not trying to be funny.

Now, would you eat another human being? I mean, let's say you didn't kill the person you are going to eat, they just died by natural causes. Would you eat them? Let's exclude extreme circumstances, like you are stranded with no food, and this person is all there is.

No way in fucking hell.

I've read so much about cannibalism and watched as many documentaries as I can find about it and still just ... no way.

Last edited:
...You are asking people with computers (and as such, people who grew up with this activity always being shown as disgusting and taboo) if they would eat another human being?

Well, this is not going to last long >.> Heck, I am a voreaphile, and even I am saying no

EDIT: kaia, they said EXCLUDING extreme circumstances

Heck, I am a voreaphile, and even I am saying no

ditto

Apparently eating other humans isn't particularly healthy? And it's not like there's a reason to, seeing as how there's a supermarket full of probably better-tasting meat just down the street.

gross I don't like to be reminded that I am nomming animal flesh thanks

turn it into a burger for me and maybe we'll talk

Hell no. I don't like animal meat.

...who would want to eat something that died of natural causes anyway?

Would you like one of Mrs Lovett's meat pies~?

... On a more serious note, no. Human flesh is really gross even if it's cooked. D: I'm sure I'd find something else to eat even if I were that hungry.

ditto

Apparently eating other humans isn't particularly healthy?

I remember hearing that it caused brain disease but after rechecking Wikipedia -
"According to the original research, genetic markers commonly found in modern humans all over the world suggest that today many people carry a gene that evolved as protection against brain diseases that can be spread by consuming human brains"

D:

Still, I'm pretty sure it is bad for you somehow.

Let's exclude extreme circumstances, like you are stranded with no food, and this person is all there is.

You phrased that sentence strangely. Did you mean to write "exclude"?

No, but I'm not a cannibal. I woudn't eat a human. I like animal meat. And even then there is a limit on age. Animal meat is tough by the time an animal is ten. Can you imagine human meat. I probably even if I was starving coudn't chew threw human flesh. I would rather dig up worms, and eat insects before I get to that stage.

That's really sick. I mean REALLY gross. I wouldn't even eat a human if I were starving to death. That's just how I am I guess. It makes me think of very gory and vile things related to the human body.

In extreme circumstances, yes, but seeing as we're not talking about those... no. Why would I a) want to eat something that died of "natural causes" [be those reasons age or illness] and b) there's, um, other sources of food.

As for what's "wrong" with cannibalism... well, I guess two consenting adults can do whatever they want. I don't care if you eat people as long as you don't eat me.

Look, I had a nosebleed that lasted four hours once, and for two of them, the blood was not leaving my nose but rather running down the back of my throat. The human body can't take that much blood being digested, so I ended up vomiting violently for a very long time.

So it's not really a possibility, the human body can't digest very much of itself.

Back
Top Bottom