• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Is there going to be a Generation V?

Do you think there will be Generation V?

• Yes

Votes: 117 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 9.3%

• Total voters
It wasn't like each generation actually had to trump the last, either. Mew was special because it had all the other pokemons' DNA, which let it learn any machine move. Compared to that Celebi and Jirachi weren't much, gameplay-wise.

*pops into thread*

Looking at the Pokémon that they have in Generation IV, I'm not sure if they'll find that much more original Pokémon to create. Frankly, if there's that much Pokémon that evolve from previous generation Pokémon, they can't have much more original ideas after those (But they are the only unoriginal ones, in my mind. The new families are just fine), and that's a sign that if there's a new generation coming out, it won't be coming out anytime soon.

But, there is no denying that they'll come through again with more Pokémon, so I guess my answer is yes and no.

There might be, but it would be far into the future from now.
I mean, they have to come up with new pokemon, suitable starters, gym leaders, your rival...It's all so much, and they can't just make a game like FR or LG, however awesome they were, because people would expect more than that.

I love the idea of more generations and changes to the rules (Or new things that you can do, types, etc.).

It opens up more possibilities to be creative with your team setup, battle tactics and gameplay in general. I like being totally in charge of what I'm playing. XD

Last edited:
Nintendo will probably keep pumping out new Pokemon games (and remakes) until the EMP wipes all electronics out. (Sorry, paranoia.) However, what they should do is make a game where you can go to ALL of the reigons. Unfortunately, the more generations come out, the harder this will become. All we can do is hope...

It seems Game Freak has set up a good place to do whatever they wish. While they have seemingly the most important legendaries made, there are still mysteries that may be explained in future generations. For example, the ??? type which Arceus has included in the game's code.

Remember back at the beginning of the game, Professor Rowan said that in the world at least 90% of Pokemon were somehow linked by an evolution. Excluding Manaphy and Phione, there are exactly 72 pokemon not linked by an evolution, which makes about 85.4% that are as of now.

And remember, we have to let Shellos and Gastrodon see different forms.:grin:

Nintendo have millions of fans who can come up with original ideas for sometimes hundreds of fake Pokémon by themselves, so I'd highly doubt NINTENDO would run out of ideas. The only thing that would run out is the interest of the fans if the formula is kept the same all the time, but I highly doubt that would happen as well.

So for the record, yes there will be a Generation V

I didn't say they'd do, I said that since the fans can come up with so many ideas Nintendo shouldn't have a problem getting ideas.

Looking at the Pokémon that they have in Generation IV, I'm not sure if they'll find that much more original Pokémon to create. Frankly, if there's that much Pokémon that evolve from previous generation Pokémon, they can't have much more original ideas after those (But they are the only unoriginal ones, in my mind. The new families are just fine), and that's a sign that if there's a new generation coming out, it won't be coming out anytime soon.

I always thought that they added all those evolutions just to get them out of the way, since Gens 1 and 2 had a lot of useless non-evolvers...

But yeah, there will be a Gen V, and to be honest, I'm looking forward to it. The pokemon designs improved greatly between Hoenn and Sinnoh, IMO.

I doubt there won't be a Gneration V, even though I don't want one to come along. To me Generation IV was a pretty big letdown in terms of pre-evos and evolutions. The others were nice but some of them also fell flat. Hopefully they'll make more games but not necessarily new Pokémon.

Nintendo won't be stopping here, and they shouldn't. There are too many type combos that need to be made (Fire/Grass, Bug/Dark, Dragon/Bug, etc.), plenty of legendary ideas still out there (Like a Bug-type legendary or a legendary that's based on love,) and there are too many concepts that still need to be brought into canon (i.e. a Dark-type gym, more Wi-Fi features, etc.) All I can really not look forward to is if they repeat the exact same plot again and again.

Last edited:
Yes, there will be. Pokemon has been around for at least 10 years, and with each new series of games came a new generation of Pokemon. So, it's not likely that the developers will skip this generation.

Do I want more Pokemon? Not really. Maybe some more evolutions and pre-evolutions to tie up loose ends, but other than that, no.

Something that I thought of:

If Arceus IS the ultimate Pokemon, isn't it possible for them to move him to the end of the Pokedex each generation (E.G. He is #612 instead of #493 in Generation 5)?

They HAVE thrown fans surprises before *Laughs at people who said Giratina wouldn't be the Platinum Mascot due to requiring the National Dex to be registered in D/P*

I think Nintendo should start using some of their fans' ideas. The number of fanmade Pokémon has to vastly outnumber the "real" ones. It would keep the torch of the series lit for years to come, and it would never end, until Nintendo decides to end it, which is not now.

Also we need a male Kangaskhan because Pokémon nature is pretty f***ed up right now.

Last edited:
If Arceus IS the ultimate Pokemon, isn't it possible for them to move him to the end of the Pokedex each generation (E.G. He is #612 instead of #493 in Generation 5)?

This is unnecessary. As someone (I think Kratos) said earlier in the thread, Pokémon are not listed in the Dex in order of importance (If that was so, why are things like Magikarp and Feebas not right at the start?), rather in the order they were discovered by humans.

Back
Top Bottom