• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Requests Open Just like a pop-up!

Some guy w/o a username

has recently misplaced his user title.
Okay. This will be something new, and will hopefully become a fad. I make mouse pointers for Microsoft, tested on windows 98 and xp. I also make xp desktop icons.Notice I would appreciate SLOW business since being homeschooled is even more time-consuming than normal school. I'm not implying I expect to be booming with business, I just want to be one of those one-post-a-day people. Sooo...yeah.

Those who know how to change their mouse pointers skip this part. If you don't know how to change your mouse pointer, I can at least direct you on xp(most windows systems are pretty much the same, though.) (If you can't already tell, my computer uses xp.) (More parentheses!) First, you go to start, and find the control panel. Click on it, and go to Printers and Other Hardware. Click on Mouse. This should open up Mouse Properties. Go to pointers, click browse, and find where you downloaded the pointer. When looking for pointers already on windows, they have schemes you can use in the text box labeled schemes, which are just sets of cursors of the same theme. You can find these cursors individually at C:\WINDOWS\Cursors.

I have no clue on helping you find the ones you downloaded, since I make them and don't have to download.

Those who know how to change Desktop icons, skip this part. For normal icons, just go to the icon on your desktopand right click. Go to properties, and depending on the kind of file, somewhere there will be a button that says change icon. The my computer, my documents, recycle bin, and network icons are different. You just go to control panel again, this time go to appearance and themes, and go to Display. Click on the tab called Desktop, and click customize desktop. You should then click an Icon, and click change icon. In the window that opens up, click browse, and find where you downloaded the ico. file.

Read this! Okay, this means that, although I plan on posting PNG images here, I will Email the requester the actual cursor or icon. So you must have an Email address and there will be attachments in the Email and you will have to download them. When you do so, use Save instead of Open so you can choose where it goes and won't have a hard time looking for it. I recommend saving it in My Documents. Again, these are only for windows, sorry.
Another thing to read. I put this in sprites and pixel art for a reason. I'm just like a spriter, just on a 32x32 scale. This means that my pointers are just moveable images. They can't sense when you move your mouse, and they can't sense when you click. That's your computer's job. I only make the pictures and shapes they take, and more importantly, no matter how much I wish I was, I'M NO COMPUTER WHIZ.

... I probably just chased off any customers right now....like a pop-up or something.

Another thing. The stuff I have up here is .GIF, so it will look gross against a non-white background. The normal cursors, however, won't. (Unless you have an older version of Windows.)

Last edited:
Ahhh...very nice~

So I guess I just ask :)

So a Skitty mouse cursor please. nothing really inparticular, but I don't want a badly resized picture or anything so decent quality but I'm sure that won't be too hard :D

A medium size I suppose...

Oooh! Make me a Shiny zumbreon one! And give it lavender eyes!
Like ES, don't just resixe a pic. Small size.

Replies: Just like a pop-up!

Reply 1: Skitty... mouse? Do you just mean skitty? Or mix it with something? Edit: Oh! I am slow. MOUSE CURSOR. I even would have said it in those same words and I was confused. Sorry about that. Right away.

Reply 2: Is zumbreon just an umbreon?

Reply 3: I'm pretty sure my cursors do, but I don't know about my icons. See, the latest windows I've had is XP. Cursors are quite simple, but icons are wierd and they differ. I used to have a 98. Its icon sizes were 16x16, 32x32, and 64x64. Xp, on the other hand, has sizes of 16x16, 32x32, and 48x48. So, I'm pretty sure they'd work on any Windows system, only the computer might automatically resize them and make them ugly.

Last edited:
Yes. Oh, I just remembered, please tell me if you have a 98 (I did just recently so somebody might) because 98 doesn't do transparency. It just makes it whatever color it looks like on a white background. Gross.

Hmm. This is neat. Does Microsoft pay you a lot? :P
Anyway, can you do the Hourglass ones too? If so, I'd like one with Mario's fireball (from the original Super Mario Bros) spinning. For the mouse + hourglass one, just use the same default one in XP, but with the fireball instead of an hourglass.

1. Is it possible you can do it for a Mac?

2. Is it possible for you to do an animated cursor?

Lucas: lol. No, I just have a program and some of the file types you can save your images as are .cur, .ani, and .ico. That said, yes I do make hourglasses. Okay.

StyliBoy: Having replied to Lucas, unless Mac uses .cur and .ani cursors and .ico icons, I can't do it for Mac. And, yes, I do animated cursors as well.

Well, I'll try it. You think you could make a cursor that is a sky blue ball that pulsates at a medium pace, and it has wings that flap when you move it, and blue dust follows the trail? ((Yes, for all you LoZ fans, I want a Navi cursor, but it's blue, so it's not Navi)) And could you also make one in mossy green and another one in purple? If you can only do one, that's fine

I have no idea what I have.

But anyways, can mine be animated to have it's ears and tail swaying back and forth? Thankz!

StyliBoy: Alright, I'll try. And I'll do the green one and the purple one too, because recoloring's a 'cinch.

Mewtwo: Erk! Alright. I was almost finished, too. The Umbreon was going to fade into nothingness while moving behind the cursor, and then reappear, but I'll do it over. No problem.

meanwhile:
lucariolp1.gif
metaknightgv1.gif

Not actual cursors

Lucas755: I can't figure out how to email the real thing to you. Do I use your MSN?

Last edited:
About that....

I have erred. I am deeply sorry. So, what I meant was, I need DARKARMOUR's email. Sorry about that. But, I can't get Lucas755 either. So, unless I can find out your Email address and where to send it, so I can send it from gmail, I need it PM'd or emailed to me or posted or something. Sorry. All I can attach to a post, PM, or email from here is images. So, Darkarmour, since that is an example only and is in GIF format, you won't be able to use that. I need Email addresses so I can send the actual cursors and icons.

Boy, I sound like a pop-up, or hacker or something.

Back
Top Bottom