• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Just Plain Mafia [TOWN WIN]

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
Innocent Roles Assigned:

Healer
Miller
Inspector
Jack of All Trades
Lovers 1&2
Unlyncher

Other:

Alien

All PMs have been sent. Begin Night 0.

The sun set over the small town.

48 hours for night actions.

Last edited:
Re: Just Plain Mafia [Night 0]

All night actions received!

Begin Day 1.

As the sun rose over the small town the sound of police sirens blared, waking the citizens early in the morning.

A few went to Memorial Park to see what had happened. They police had blocked off the road leading to the park, but they were too late in stopping the news from getting out. News vans, both local and from the cities were lining up along the path, eager reporters stretching their necks as they tried to get a better view.

In Rusty's Diner a few of the early birds had their eyes glued to the small television screen, their breakfasts getting cold as they watched the news report live from the park. The news woman's shrill voice echoed in the quiet diner, "Early this morning in New Hope, just inside Mason County the bodies of two young teenagers were found in the town's Memorial Park. Police have just released the names of the victims, local students Wargle and Windydragon were found dead this morning. Police have yet to provide further information on these deaths, nor any description of the murderer..."

Wargle is dead. Innocent
Windydragon is dead. Innocent.

Re: Just Plain Mafia [Day 1]

Best case scenario is that they were the Lovers.
Worst case scenario is that they were the Cop and Jack.

Either way sucks, because two Townies died.

EDIT: Unless the Mafia have two kills per night, one of them was the Jack.

Well, we've got three mafia, assuming no double-ups on the innocent roles and no "other" alinements. The implication was that the Jack was innocent, but it could have been them targeting a random person (although that would be dumb, and I don't think any of us are rube enough for that). It was probably lovers. Other than that, I got nothing. Due to the small size of this game, I'd encourage the inspector or the jack to speak up as soon as they get someone.

It specifically states that there's an other--alien, to be exact.

Okay, so! I need to start... actually participating... It may be important that Wargle and Windy were lovers (possible that it was a jack and a mafia!kill but really) outside of "they were lovers"; it gives us a hint on how Phantom's determining roles. Maybe she thought that they worked best in a group?

To be honest I have no idea what to work off of my role and everyone else's.

Wait a second.....

7 innocent roles + 1 Alien = 8 known roles
9 Players + 8 known = 1 Mafia??

Well this should be an easy game.

Huh. That really is innocent-heavy. Taking that into account, to LS99's point it's possible the mafia (what's the singular form of mafia? Mafium, maybe?) does actually have two kills per night to balance it. I guess we'll see tomorrow. Lovers is probably the most likely, though.

If I was feeling motivated I might go through some of all our past games, see if I could get any insight into how Phantom chose roles. I'm not feeling motivated enough for that, but does anyone have any thoughts?

And do you think we should just go for abstain today if no leads turn up? That's usually the safest bet.

Wait, there might be two Mafia. Because doesn't one lover generally choose the other? Meaning "Lovers 1&2" is actually one role, giving us a total of 6 known innocents, 1 alien, and 2 mafia.

Wait, there might be two Mafia. Because doesn't one lover generally choose the other? Meaning "Lovers 1&2" is actually one role, giving us a total of 6 known innocents, 1 alien, and 2 mafia.

These Lovers seem to be more of a fixed pair, but I agree, one of them could be Mafia- although it /is/ listed in the Innocents list, so they could also be both Townies....

Man, opinions sure do change fast at 6:28 in the morning.

While I'm on the topic of lynching someone, I vote DarkAura

... Er. We weren't on the topic of lynching someone, you just sort of started it up and double posted? That seems rather abrupt and forced to me, but.

I would think the lovers are a fixed pair as well--if I had just one lover, I would say "lover". I don't really see where "1 & 2" would come from.

Ah, I didn't mean to imply the lovers were mafia, I meant to imply that there was only one, and that one chose a random townie. I agree, the wording implies they are a fixed pair, but there's no guarantee.

I agree about the lynching of someone. And, to be fair, Mr. Moon said "while I'm on the subject of lynching someone". Probably didn't want to edit the previous post, but forgot to nominate someone in it. That said, it is suspicious. How long is our day?

I was on the topic of lynching someone, and someone told me editing posts in mafia was suspicious. Thus the dp.

^did he just vote for himself? :P

I kind of doubt Mr. Moon is mafia. Or at least, if he is, we're getting majorly duped by Phantom, because I doubt she would initially tell a player they didn't have enough experience to join and then assign them mafia.

That's true... if that's the case we'd better hope "Lover 2" didn't have an important role ^^;,

Mr. Moon, do you want to explain why DA? It wouldn't be any good if we lynched someone important this early and I do think it's a bit suspicious when one is so eager to lynch on the first day.

I get bored easily, and I'm tired of seeing all the living people are doing. So I voted for the first living person on the list. Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom