• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kam vs Ameroq01

Trying to attract our buddy Mr. Magikarp, eh?

I don't think so. I think we should have some... fun.

Start by hypnotizing this foolish Chikorita. When you have it asleep, use Nightmare (which you get by tutor in XD.) If you've done both of these things, Dream Eater at its health.

Hypnosis ~ Hypnosis/Nightmare ~ Hypnosis/Dream Eater (health)/Nightmare

I love Misdreavus.

.: Kam vs Ameroq01 :: Round Six :.

2 v. 2 Single

Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Field With A Magikarp.

Welcome to F.W.A.M.! It's a basic arena, with a little pond in the middle. There's a Magikarp flopping about in this pool. You can attack this Magikarp, who has 100% HP (but no energy). Of course, this isn't exactly a regular Magikarp.

It is a basic Lv. 19 male Magikarp. You may attack this Magikarp if you wish. However, if it falls below 80% HP, it will suddenly evolve into a Gyarados that will attack a random Pokemon at the end of each action. The Gyarados's moves are chosen by the ref.

magikarp
Magikarp (M) Swift Swim
Health: 83%
Status: “Nah, that didn’t hurt at all. Hey, want to go for a swim sometime?” General ache throughout his body. Slightly cold.
Infatuated @Envy (moderate)
Speed -1

Kam [Oo]
misdreavus
[Envy] Misdreavus (F) Levitate @ Dusk Stone
Health: 63%
Energy: 38%
Hypnosis ~ Hypnosis / Nightmare ~ Hypnosis / Dream Eater / Nightmare
Status: “Is that all you’ve got?” Her entire body is stinging. Rather cold.
Speed -1

Ameroq01 [Oo]
chikorita
Chikorita (F) Overgrow
Health: 70%
Energy: 34%
Attract @Magikarp ~ Nature Power ~ Solarbeam
Status: “You know what? That bubble hurt more than your stupid icy wind, even with the type match-ups! What does that say about you?” Slight headache. Rather cold. Back covered in a dark purple toxin.
Badly Poisoned (4% this round)
Speed -3
Icy Wind mimicked

.: Actions :.

Envy’s eyes glow red and she stares intently at Chikorita, intending Chikorita to notice and return the gaze. Chikorita, though she does glance at Envy a few times, is focused more on the magikarp. Psychic waves ripple through the air uselessly, bouncing off Chikorita’s skull, and she doesn’t so much as yawn. Her eyes droop half-shut, and for a moment Envy thinks she’s managed to get through to the grass-type, but instead Chikorita begins to compliment the magikarp in her cutest voice. She mentions his resistance to that icy wind, how he could so stoically take it, how pretty his bubbles were, the shine of his scales, and then, with a sudden dawning of inspiration, how lonely he must have been, having to stay in that little pond for so long without any company. The magikarp almost falls for her charm, and what he feels is a deep understanding of his tragic past, but how can that be, when he’s already loyal to Envy? There can only be one pokémon for him, and he already knows it’s Envy because those feelings came first. So how…? Of course. Chikorita’s just trying to pull him away from his one true love! He tries to growl, but the sound comes out more like a grunt. Still, Chikorita can hear his anger, so she stops and frowns. How could the magikarp choose Envy over her? That’s just dumb! But there can be no doubt that the magikarp is furious about Chikorita’s attempt at attracting him. With strength that Chikorita still has difficulty believing possible, despite having seen it before, the magikarp thrashes against the ground and leaps into the air. Chikorita’s gaze follows the magikarp impossibly high in the air, then back down and—oh, crap. The magikarp’s body slams into Chikorita’s head, snapping her head back and forcing her forelegs off the ground. The magikarp lands just in front of her, and Chikorita can barely resist the urge to direct her next attack at him instead. Not only did he reject her advances, but then he turned around and attacked her, too? What an insult!

Envy smirks. Although her hypnosis had failed, it turned out to be a good thing. It was worth the frustration of missing so that she could see Chikorita’s shock and nosebleed. But now, this time, there’s no reason for her to miss, so surely she isn’t going to. Her eyes glow red once more, and she emits psychic waves as before. Chikorita ignores it a second time, however, and instead closes her eyes. Her leaf warms with energy, and she draws the power of nature into her leaf. The short grass all around her – should it really be like that, she wonders briefly, but there can be no denying that it is because she can clearly see around her – lends its elemental characteristics, and her leaf glows yellow-green. She spins her glowing leaf and makes as if to hurl it at Envy, but instead a cloud of golden dust blows out of her leaf. Envy doesn’t have the option of just closing her mouth and trying not to breathe; the spores fly through her, and apparently have some reaction with the ethereal gas that makes up Envy. She suddenly finds it hard to move. There’s none of the pain associated with muscle cramps as there might usually be, though – her body simply doesn’t follow her orders as quickly as usual.

The magikarp grunts again, apparently still angry. Envy looks down at him hopefully, wondering if he’s going to attack Chikorita again. Instead, the magikarp throws himself bodily through Envy. He sails through the air and the ghost harmlessly, but Envy still looks at him with surprise. That his expression was anger is unmistakeable, but why would he be angry at her? He should be head over tails in love with her, unless he somehow caught on because of Chikorita’s flirtation.

Chikorita watches this with mixed feelings. She finds it irritating that Envy was unharmed, but at least it looks like the magikarp is starting to see sense. Her reaction to her next orders is decidedly more negative. Solarbeam… with those thick, black clouds in the way… this is going to be extremely annoying. Nonetheless, she raises her leaf and attempts to draw in the limited sunlight that gets through the clouds. The process is slow and tedious, but she does manage to charge a little energy. But her upturned eyes are easy targets for Envy, who flies in Chikorita’s way and stares down. Her eyes glow red, emitting hypnotic waves, and Chikorita is captivated before she can think about it. Her eyes droop shut and she falls to the soaked ground, with the little sunlight in her leaf dissipating harmlessly.

With a last bit of remaining frustration, the magikarp throws himself at Chikorita and thrashes about, hitting her a few times in the process. His attacks are weak, though, as they lack the desperation they’d usually draw power from, and Chikorita doesn’t visibly react or stir.

.: End of Round Six :.

magikarp
Magikarp (M) Swift Swim
Bounce @Chikorita ~ Tackle @Envy ~ Flail @Chikorita
Status: Furious and confused. General ache throughout his body. Slightly cold.
Infatuated @Envy (mild)
Speed -1

Kam [Oo]
misdreavus
Energy: 32%
Hypnosis ~ Hypnosis ~ Hypnosis
Status: Fairly annoyed. Concerned that her effect over the magikarp is wearing off. Her entire body is stinging. Rather cold.
Paralysed (severe)
Speed -1

Ameroq01 [Oo]
chikorita
Chikorita (F) Overgrow
Health: 55%
Energy: 25%
Attract @Magikarp ~ Nature Power (Stun Spore) ~ [asleep]
Status: Sleeping peacefully, despite a slight headache. Very sore face and bleeding nose. Rather cold. Back covered in a dark purple toxin.
Asleep, Badly Poisoned (4% this round, 5% next)
Speed -3
Icy Wind mimicked

Battlefield:
- It is raining (1 more action)
- There is a circle of holes around Chikorita, and several rocks around Envy

Notes:
- Hypnosis missed twice
- The magikarp’s bounce was a critical hit
- Chikorita lost some energy charging up a solarbeam, but fell asleep before she could use it.

Next Round:
Kam attacks
Ameroq01 attacks

Aim for an energy kill like so:

Dream Eater (energy). When Chikorita wakes up, Taunt. If she's awake and is taunted, Chill.

Dream Eater/Taunt/Chill x3

Chikorita don't give up...wake up!
I want you to try to use Ancient power (if you wake up), then try leech seed If your still asleep, use leech seed again. If the first leech seed hits, use grasswhistle.

Ancient Power~Leech Seed~Leech Seed/Grasswhistle

If that post containing just a period is supposed to bump the thread... you could have at least posted an actual sentence asking where Kusari is, or deleted your previous post and reposted it again, as a single punctuation mark is spam. Either way, however, what you should do if your battle hasn't been reffed in a while is PM or visitor message the ref and/or post in the Emergency Ref topic stickied at the top of the board. Bumping the thread, even in complete sentences, is generally frowned upon.

Actually, I'm wondering where Kusari is... I'm trying to get an e-ref, but to no avail. Maybe we could call off the battle? I don't really need any more experience for Envy, so I can quit, but I'm not so sure about Ameroq...

I'm really pissed that whenever I have a battle, the ref goes MIA.

And actually, now that I check again, this covers the period from Ameroq's last post to after you posted in the e-ref topic. I don't know where it's been the last few days, but there was an absence sheet post. People need to remember to check more than the last post of that thread.

I mean, I see that she posted in the absence sheet, but she's still past the DQ time for a reffing.

...Ameroq, do you mind calling the battle off? I don't think this will end for a while.

Alright then.

So, uh, could somebody just post to confirm that the battle is over so I can get Envy evolved?

"She"? >:|

I had several projects due this week, but I should be able to ref this weekend though you'll be last, you gender-pronouning poopface. Still want to end the battle now?

I hate to intrude, as it's really not my business, but Ameroq, Kam agreed to battle with you. If you don't want to stop the battle, just say so. It's not like Kam'll flip out on you or anything as it's your first battle.

You AND Kam have to decide. It's a two-sided decision.

I'm not saying that she has to agree. Since Kusari is back, the battle could continue.

That being said, though, we could always try to start up a second battle if this one ends.

EDIT: I guess we could continue the battle. So, I'll wait for Kusari to post the reffing, and the battle can continue as normal?

.: Kam vs Ameroq01 :: Round Seven :.

2 v. 2 Single

Set

Welcome to F.W.A.M.! It's a basic arena, with a little pond in the middle. There's a Magikarp flopping about in this pool. You can attack this Magikarp, who has 100% HP (but no energy). Of course, this isn't exactly a regular Magikarp.

It is a basic Lv. 19 male Magikarp. You may attack this Magikarp if you wish. However, if it falls below 80% HP, it will suddenly evolve into a Gyarados that will attack a random Pokemon at the end of each action. The Gyarados's moves are chosen by the ref.

magikarp
Magikarp (M) Swift Swim
Status: Furious and confused. General ache throughout his body. Slightly cold.
Infatuated @Envy (mild)
Speed -1

Kam [Oo]
misdreavus
Energy: 32%
Dream Eater / Taunt / Chill ~ Dream Eater / Taunt / Chill ~ Dream Eater / Taunt / Chill
Status: Fairly annoyed. Concerned that her effect over the magikarp is wearing off. Her entire body is stinging. Rather cold.
Paralysed (severe)
Speed -1

Ameroq01 [Oo]
chikorita
Chikorita (F) Overgrow
Health: 55%
Energy: 25%
Ancient Power ~ Leech Seed ~ Leech Seed / Grasswhistle
Status: Sleeping peacefully, despite a slight headache. Very sore face and bleeding nose. Rather cold. Back covered in a dark purple toxin.
Asleep, Badly Poisoned (5% this round)
Speed -3
Icy Wind mimicked

This time, Chikorita dreams of a stadium.

The ground is completely, artificially, flat, made of light brown dirt with few nutrients to speak of. There is white paint on the ground, a rectangle split in two and a large pokéball drawing in the middle. She stands in the audience, on her trainer’s head, in the front row. Around her, people loudly cheer on a meganium as it draws on the bright sunlight – for there is no roof – and heals its various wounds. Opposite the meganium, a battered mismagius floats, looking ill and dizzy. Chikorita adds her voice to the crowd, and they all cheer for the meganium and shout taunts at the mismagius.

Something latches onto the world, and Chikorita can feel it, thin and invasive, like roots digging into the side of a mountain at a grass-type’s command. Something joins her, a vague presence and a shadow over the battle. She looks up to see a dark mist with glowing pink eyes floating where the sun should be. She hears a distant cackle. The pink-eyed mist does something, drawing things into it, though Chikorita can only feel and not see this. The crowd’s voices become quieter, and their mouths move slower. The meganium raises slowly onto its hind legs, and slower still is the power of the brilliant, dimming sun being drawn into her leaf.

Envy pulls out of the dream, giving Chikorita a look of condescending amusement. Yes, indeed, Chikorita could only defeat Envy in her dreams, and what else could that dream mean?

The magikarp watches her. Envy ignores him.

Envy concentrates again, and delves into Chikorita’s mind. Her eyes glow pink, covered with psychic energy that allows her to see the outcome of the battle. A slow-moving beam of light rips through the mismagius and then, very slowly, masses of people stand and roar. Envy latches onto the scenery with psychic power, then draws it into herself, draining away the movement of all the creatures in the dream. Chikorita looks up at Envy, not seeing her clearly. She is the only one that still moves at a respectable speed. All others are too slow to watch, with each action that should take one second using fifteen seconds of dream-time instead. It’s still less than one second outside, but here only perception matters. Envy retreats, returning to her own body with a content smile. Chikorita doesn’t have much time left.

The magikarp watches her. Envy ignores him.

The rain weakens to a light drizzle, then stops. The thick clouds thin and dissipate, becoming nothing but puffs of white in the sky. Chikorita’s eyes slowly open, and she yawns, getting to her feet. Her head pounds, and she’s surprised to find that all of her muscles ache when she moves them. She was not this tired before. When she stands, she sways, and everything seems to be moving. Envy opens her mouth, preparing to skilfully manipulate dark energy, but Chikorita moves faster.

Grass energy gathers into a very small, compact area at the base of her leaf, and a small seed sprouts out of her head. With a toss of her head, the seed flies toward Envy. The physical projectile doesn’t attract Envy’s interest until it lands on her head and shoots out thin green vines that wrap around her body and growing even thinner roots that sink into her head. She shudders, feeling them drain some of her energy, but there is little she can do about it. She instead launches into a series of unoriginal insults Chikorita has heard before, targeting Chikorita and everything Chikorita cares about, with the invisible dark energy twisting her voice to something inviting hatred and anger. Chikorita’s expression shifts and morphs into something more monstrous, full of fury and perhaps a will to kill, if she had the ability.

The magikarp has had enough of watching. He comes to the conclusion easily, that Envy doesn’t care, and he feels his heart break a little. That’s how it is, is it? That cruel manipulator, he sees now, is doing the same to Chikorita as she did to the magikarp. With a jerk of his muscles, he sends himself flying into the misdreavus, breaking a few vines but otherwise passing through her harmlessly. Envy glances down at him without interest. The battle is almost over, she can tell, so the magikarp’s feelings mean nothing to her now.

.: End of Round Seven :.

magikarp
Magikarp (M) Swift Swim
[nothing] ~ [nothing] ~ Tackle @Envy
Status: Angry at Envy for manipulating him. General ache throughout his body. Slightly cold.
Speed -1

Kam [Oo]
misdreavus
Health: 62%
Energy: 26%
Dream Eater ~ Dream Eater ~ Taunt
Status: Fairly annoyed, but feels her delicious win is coming soon. Concerned that her effect over the magikarp is wearing off. Her entire body is stinging. Rather cold.
Leech Seeded (1%/action), Paralysed (severe)
Speed -1

Ameroq01 [Oo]
chikorita
Chikorita (F) Overgrow
Health: 51%
Energy: 4%
[asleep] ~ [asleep] ~ Leech Seed
Status: “You know what? That’s it! No more niceness, no more weak attacks! I’m not hitting you with anything weaker than a razor leaf. It’s an energy ball or leaf storm and it’s going to burn and cut your face off!” Seething, worsened by a slight headache. Very sore face and bleeding nose. Rather cold. Back covered in a dark purple toxin. Swaying and dizzy from exhaustion, but willing to push herself beyond her limits if only to hurt Envy.
Badly Poisoned (5% this round, 6% next), Taunted (3 more actions)
Speed -3
Icy Wind mimicked

Battlefield:
- There is a circle of holes around Chikorita, and several rocks around Envy
- The grass and dirt are slick and wet

Notes:
- The rain faded after the second action
- Chikorita awoke after the second action

Next Round:
Ameroq01 attacks
Kam attacks

Don't worry, there'll be an energy kill.

Just Protect the Giga Drain and then Chill.

Protect ~ Chill ~ Chill

.: Kam vs Ameroq01 :: Round Eight :.

2 v. 2 Single

Set

magikarp
Magikarp (M) Swift Swim
Status: Angry at Envy for manipulating him. General ache throughout his body. Slightly cold.
Speed -1

Kam [Oo]
misdreavus
Health: 62%
Energy: 26%
Protect ~ Chill ~ Chill
Status: Fairly annoyed, but feels her delicious win is coming soon. Her entire body is stinging. Rather cold.
Speed -1

Ameroq01 [Oo]
chikorita
Chikorita (F) Overgrow
Health: 51%
Energy: 4%
Giga Drain ~ Ancient Power ~ Toxic
Status: “Giga drain? Trainer, that won’t hurt enough! It’s not strong! At least—something stronger, at least!” Seething, worsened by a slight headache. Very sore face and bleeding nose. Rather cold. Back covered in a dark purple toxin. Swaying and dizzy from exhaustion, but willing to push herself beyond her limits if only to hurt Envy.
Badly Poisoned (6% this round), Taunted (3 more actions)
Speed -3
Icy Wind mimicked

As calm and confident about her victory as her trainer, Envy cares little for Chikorita’s anger or bloodlust. In fact, it does little more than amuse her. Just to be sure, though, Envy quickly creates a thin shell of energy around her to protect her from any attack. It doesn’t, unfortunately, do anything about the seed already rooted into her gaseous body, but she can prevent further damage and destroy the next opponent more easily this way.

Chikorita doesn’t care much for her trainer’s encouragement, and only focuses on the orders. An attack? Acceptable. But it’s not one that she recognises as her strongest, and frustration bubbles up within her. Still, she can’t think of or decide on any other attack, so she just focuses on reaching out with invisible energy tendrils not unlike Envy’s dream eater and trying to drain Envy’s health. It’s the last of her energy; she can already feel consciousness slipping away. Surely this will work. It must! But nothing happens – it’s like she hits a wall, though she can see nothing. Chikorita screams in frustration, taking a step forward, and a green aura flares around her in an attempt to break through whatever is blocking her. But then Chikorita stumbles and falls, unable to draw the strength to pick herself up off the ground. The darkness slithers in toward the centre of her visual field, and the last thing she hears is a mocking giggle.

.: End of Round Eight :.

magikarp
Magikarp (M) Swift Swim
[nothing]
Status: “Now will you get out of my field?” General ache throughout his body. Slightly cold.
Speed -1

Kam [Oo]
misdreavus
Health: 61%
Energy: 21%
Protect
Status: “Finally.” Her entire body is stinging. Rather cold.
Speed -1

Ameroq01 [Xo]
chikorita
Chikorita (F) Overgrow
Health: 50%
Energy: 0%
Giga Drain
Badly Poisoned (6% this round), Taunted
Speed -3
Icy Wind mimicked

Battlefield:
- There is a circle of holes in one area, and several rocks in one not far from it
- The grass and dirt are slick and wet

Notes:
- Chikorita fainted on the first action

Next Round:
Ameroq01 sends out
Kam attacks
Ameroq01 attacks

Back
Top Bottom