• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lady Gaga

My favourites on Born This Way are probably 'Marry the Night', 'Fashion of His Love', 'Scheiße', 'Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)' and 'Americano'.

Still don't like 'Judas' or 'Born This Way'. :(

Born This Way (predictably) debuted at #1 in the UK with 215,000 copies sold in the biggest first-week sales all year and it outsold the rest of the top 10, while The Fame rose to #7 in its 124th week. In addition, Gaga has 14 songs in the top 200 right now, with 10 being from Born This Way.

#200- Alejandro
#172- Black Jesus
#171- Telephone
#150- The Queen
#140- Fashion of his love
#136- Schiesse
#126- Bad Romance
#112- Marry The Night
#97- Poker Face
#89- You and I
#68- Hair
#18- The Edge of Glory
#17- Born This Way
#9- Judas

Predictable success, but I hope it's the #2 seller of the whole year in the UK, seeing as 21 easily has the top slot locked in already. In the US it could end up surpassing 21 overall, and will surely be one of the top 3 of the year.

So I like Born this Way, Government Hooker, Judas, Sheisse, Americano, Black Jesus, Highway Unicorn, and You and I. A lot of the other tracks are rather... forgettable. I think she could have cut down a few and gotten a much more solid album. The Fame did take me a few listens to like and I like almost every song on there, and The Fame Monster has the rare distinction of being one of the few albums (although technically it's an extension but idc) where I love every song on it. It's very solid pop and I love it so much <3

I feel like Born This Way could have been much better if she hadn't gone for 17 tracks... still, perhaps I'll need to listen to it a few times to appreciate it. It did take me like fifteen repeats of The Fame to really appreciate it.

After a listen through Born This Way from beginning to end, I say's it's severely lacking in the RedOne department. That being said, Scheiße is the best song on the album. RedOne always produces her best songs and this time is no exception.

here are the top pop singers from what i think

Carrie underwood
Katy Perry
Lady Gaga
someone else
someone else
someone else
someone else
someone else
someone else x 100
then miley cyrus *shudder*

Having listened to Born This Way...it's alright. It's nowhere near as good as The Fame or The Fame Monster and I'm pretty sure I can tell why. The production values just aren't there. Compare The Fame, with its sleek, polished sound, to Born This Way and the most obvious difference is that more of the latter went in with the rough edges still on.

From what I can hear, GaGa has gotten too much creative control and no one in her entourage is willing to shoot down her bad ideas or tell her that what she's producing isn't reaching the level of perfection that she can reach.

TES, I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. I think Born This Way is a hell of a lot better than The Fame, and arguably better than The Fame Monster. In fact, it feels more like an amalgam of the two. It has Fame's brighter side with songs like "Born This Way", "Hair", "Highway Unicorn", "Bad Kids", and "The Edge of Glory"; and it has Fame Monster's darker side with "Marry The Night", "Government Hooker", "Judas" (basically a copy of "Bad Romance"), "Schiesse", and "Electric Chapel".

But yeah, just my opinion.

I think Born This Way is a hell of a lot better than The Fame,

I can see this.

and arguably better than The Fame Monster.

D:

In fact, it feels more like an amalgam of the two. It has Fame's brighter side with songs like "Born This Way", "Hair", "Highway Unicorn", "Bad Kids", and "The Edge of Glory"; and it has Fame Monster's darker side with "Marry The Night", "Government Hooker", "Judas" (basically a copy of "Bad Romance"), "Schiesse", and "Electric Chapel".

This one makes sense to me.

The best things Born This Way has running for it in competition with The Fame and The Fame Monster are "Heavy Metal Lover," "Judas," and "Scheiße." The album itself is really amazing, but those three are the big massive standouts. They kick everything elses' asses up, down, and around the corner. But as a whole, 17 song album, Born This Way is a good bit better than The Fame. The Fame, in my opinion, was more immediately catchy and a slightly more cohesive album, but the production (although more polished) was somewhat inferior to Born This Way's, especially to that of Born This Way's more dance-influenced tracks. Also, The Fame was just about money and sex and sequins, aside from "Brown Eyes," whereas Born This Way's major underlying meanings involve self-acceptence and anti-discrimination and such. However, BOTH of those albums are nothing compared to The Fame Monster. The Fame Monster was an absolute masterpiece on the scale of Springsteen's Born To Run or Jackson's Thriller. Unfortunately I doubt Gaga will ever achieve that level of greatness again, but at least we have it. Also, I'm pretty sure it's near-perfection is the result of it being quite short and having no room for terrible filler junk.

Anyway, I love The Fame and I really love Born This Way, but Born This Way just misses The Fame Monster's level. Possible reasons: RedOne produced 50% of The Fame Monster, and TFM has "Monster."

The best things Born This Way has running for it in competition with The Fame and The Fame Monster are "Heavy Metal Lover," "Judas," and "Scheiße." The album itself is really amazing, but those three are the big massive standouts. They kick everything elses' asses up, down, and around the corner. But as a whole, 17 song album, Born This Way is a good bit better than The Fame. The Fame, in my opinion, was more immediately catchy and a slightly more cohesive album, but the production (although more polished) was somewhat inferior to Born This Way's, especially to that of Born This Way's more dance-influenced tracks. Also, The Fame was just about money and sex and sequins, aside from "Brown Eyes," whereas Born This Way's major underlying meanings involve self-acceptence and anti-discrimination and such. However, BOTH of those albums are nothing compared to The Fame Monster. The Fame Monster was an absolute masterpiece on the scale of Springsteen's Born To Run or Jackson's Thriller. Unfortunately I doubt Gaga will ever achieve that level of greatness again, but at least we have it. Also, I'm pretty sure it's near-perfection is the result of it being quite short and having no room for terrible filler junk.

Anyway, I love The Fame and I really love Born This Way, but Born This Way just misses The Fame Monster's level. Possible reasons: RedOne produced 50% of The Fame Monster, and TFM has "Monster."

I think you're my new BFF :3

Yeah, TFM and BTW are pretty much on the same level for me. I mean, on the one hand, BTW is a lot more fleshed out than TFM, but TFM makes up for it with pure awesomeness. Both have two songs I consider sub-par ("Telephone", "Teeth"; "Americano", "Edge of Glory"). So, they're both great electropop albums, I love them both, and it's hard to say which one's better.

Also, yes, "Monster" is probably my favorite Gaga song. :D

Yeah, TFM and BTW are pretty much on the same level for me. I mean, on the one hand, BTW is a lot more fleshed out than TFM, but TFM makes up for it with pure awesomeness. Both have two songs I consider sub-par ("Telephone", "Teeth"; "Americano", "Edge of Glory"). So, they're both great electropop albums, I love them both, and it's hard to say which one's better.

I think BTW is more fleshed out simply due to having twice as many songs. I think it also shows a broader range of styles. However, the music and instrumentation on TFM was just amazing and her songwriting was at its best, imo. Interestingly, Telephone was, for quite a long time, my favorite song but as of October I haven't really liked it nearly as much. I like Teeth WAY more than I used to, but it's still not one of my favorites. And how do you not love TEOG? ;.; Sure it's not the best but it's like one of the top... 7 tracks on the album? Maybe top 10 at the least?

I think you're my new BFF :3

Also, yes, "Monster" is probably my favorite Gaga song. :D

These two quotes fit quite nicely together :DD

And how do you not love TEOG? ;.; Sure it's not the best but it's like one of the top... 7 tracks on the album? Maybe top 10 at the least?

I dunno, it's not bad, but it's just not on par with the rest of the album, in my opinion.

These two quotes fit quite nicely together :DD

We french kissed on a subway train, he tore my clothes right off, he ate my heart and then he ate my brain :3

I dunno, it's not bad, but it's just not on par with the rest of the album, in my opinion.

Oh great, and the vid just premiered. Massively underwhelming. Almost boring. I think it's kind of good, but out of all her 11 singles, only the Eh Eh video was more boring. As a song though I still love it. :PP

We french kissed on a subway train, he tore my clothes right off, he ate my heart and then he ate my brain :3

Eeeee that's my favorite part of the song <33 Right next to the part at the beginning where she says "he a-a-ate my heart out" but it's the only time she says that in full :3

Oh great, and the vid just premiered. Massively underwhelming. Almost boring. I think it's kind of good, but out of all her 11 singles, only the Eh Eh video was more boring. As a song though I still love it. :PP

I think "underwhelming" is a good description. It's her dancing around an apartment block and a black guy with a saxophone. Not exactly Gaga at her most creative. :( But, the song is actually starting to grow on me in a way...

Back
Top Bottom