• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Language Barrier in Music

Oh and I need to get in on this German music thing, it's a great language. I'd also like to find some good Russian music since I have a massive hardon for it too. I've only found the anthem, some techno and a pop music video about Putin so-far.

Hmmm German music I listen to. Rammstein mainly, with a tiny bit of Dschinghis Khan and Oomph!.

Russian music... I listen to the Red Army Choir. =D

Vladimir Putin's LJ said:
I don't get the hype of Japanese pop music and personally find all of what I've heard pretty shitty
Me too. I'm not really into jpop. Or kpop. Kpop is worse.

Well, don't call me out on it, but I think Asian music rules. I suspect my opinion is biased because I'm Chinese, though. ^_^ There's always terrible stuff, but I rather enjoy it in general. Certainly could think of a lot more Asian artists I like than other continents. =P

I used to really hate modern Chinese music, but now I think it's alright.

There's one singer I like from Thailand that I have a feeling all of you would hate. >.>

Hmm... I've listened to more than enough Vietnamese pop in my time, that'll drive people crazy.

I have also listened to Cambodian music, but not enough to form a good opinion.

Russian music... I listen to the Red Army Choir. =D
Good taste, Comrade.

My dad, however, refuses to watch some foreign films because he doesn't want to have to read subtitles. I think that's pretty dumb personally because some films that aren't in English happen to be really good. :3
My dad refuses to watch any film without subtitles, although that's mainly because English is a second language for him.

I'd also like to find some good Russian music since I have a massive hardon for it too. I've only found the anthem, some techno and a pop music video about Putin so-far.

My best friend has a real obsession with Vitas, a Russian opera singer who's very good, but not my kind of thing. He can hit freakishly high notes and makes very peculiar noises. But, uh, I thought I'd suggest him.

German/Swedish music is good.

I sometimes prefer the non-english stuff, especially Rammstein.

Heyyy, Vitas is awesome.

I love Gackt and Miyavi. Jpop makes me smile. :) I also love foreign translations of English songs, like the Beatles' "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" and "She Loves You" in German and the Phantom of the Opera in Chinese and French are all awesome as fuck. :D

And who can forget the numa numa song? :3

Music in other languages is as awesome as English~

GAAAAAAACKT

MIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVI

I LOVE MIYAVI

Miyavi Miyavi Miiiiyavi-sama... I have Miyavi lyrics in my sig D:

*w*

I'd also like to find some good Russian music since I have a massive hardon for it too. I've only found the anthem, some techno and a pop music video about Putin so-far.

Are you interested in folk music? I've found a group called "Misha and Natasha from Russia" that do great versions of Russian folk songs.

This page also has a nice collection of Russian songs. If you're interested in unusual songs, there are two other groups I could reccomend.

As Dannichu said, looking for Disney songs in other languages is absolutely addicting (I have a playlist of "I won't say I'm in love" in 30 languages :P). It's lots of fun to see how the lyrics change and stuff.

I absolutely can't listen to anything I don't understand the words to. Coincidentally, my favorite band has semi-good diction (this is like the best you can get with rock.) Also don't care much for instrumental-only stuff.

However, if it's hilarious, I can dig it. Like a capella covers of "Hit Me Baby One More Time" in German. (Wiseguys.)

Additionally, when I know the lyrics to a song I liked before and don't like them, I slowly stop listening to the song.

Hehe, reminds me of that verse from BNL's Testing, 1, 2, 3;

She got a new apartment
It's out on the escarpment
And in her glove compartment
Are my songs
She hasn't even heard them
Since she found out what the words meant
She decided she preferred them
All wrong

It's happened to me more times than I can count. I used to like I Need a Hero (dunno if that's the actual title, but yeah), especially the Shrek 2 version, but when I actually listened to the lyrics (instead of privately raving to how bouncy it was), it's actually the most female-disempowering song ever.

I absolutely can't listen to anything I don't understand the words to. Coincidentally, my favorite band has semi-good diction (this is like the best you can get with rock.) Also don't care much for instrumental-only stuff.
So you only care about music for the lyrics? That is very unfortunate.

Back
Top Bottom