• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Languages

Ew, Welsh. I used to learn it but I've forgotten nearly everything I knew. I've been studying French since I was eleven (but the first five years don't really count because we didn't learn anrything really) and I obviously speak German.

At some point in my life I'd like to be fluent in Welsh. French is probably going to be my second language, though. Hoping to do a degree using French, so.

I speak

English (My name is IcySapphire)-mother tongue
Spanish (Me llamo IcySapphire)-studied this for five years
Japanese (Watashi wa IcySapphire desu)-very basic conversational level

I speak English, obviously, but other than that, only my first language, Swedish...

I studied Spanish for three years, but...

English.

Studying lots of Japanese every night, I know quite a bit of grammar, I hope to completely know it by sometime, I really want to speak it fluently. :3

If we're talking fluency, just English and Bullshit.

EDIT: Andyay ofyay oursecay Igpay Atinlay.

I learned French and German for five and four years respectively, but packed them in for GCSE. Much as I liked them I was finding it harder and harder to grasp it all. I don't think I ever got the hang of forming the past tense in French ^^;

As for languages I know a few words/phrases in, lots.

English is, obviously, my first language. I also speak fluent Irish Gaelic and I've been learning Spanish since September.

I once attempted to learn French. Didn't go so well. What an understatement! My self-taught Internet-using attempt at learning French was absolutely awful!
I'd probably be best off learning Spanish, and my best friend is slowly learning Swahili. I've heard Swahili isn't the hardest thing to learn, and once attempted to string together a sentence ('I will shower immediately'), but I don't know about grammar.
Anyhow, Japanese seems appealing but I don't think so. ^_^

English is it.
I remember nothing of the Latin and Spanish that I took in middle school, though.
Ugh I'd die to know French.

I don't speak any languages.
NONE. >:|

Okay I speak English, because that's what I'm using to type this sentence. I speak passable amounts of French (je suis une tigre blanc will come in handy one day) and a little bit of Spanish (¡vete a tomar por el culo! will always be helpful). And maybe two words of Scottish Gaelic.

English fluently

Some French, but I've forgotten a lot of it
A little German, but I've forgotten even more of that

I know odd words in Welsh, but I couldn't actually use it because I know the things you see on signs

Oh! Oh! 你好! 我是你爸爸!

Hi, I'm your dad. How strange, I never knew...

I'm Chinese so of course I know Chinese.
I live in an English country so of course I know English.
I want to learn Japanese. It seems similar to Chinese so it probably wouldn't be as hard for me as someone who only spoke English.

I speak English fluently. I'm learning French in school, but I think I'm better writing it than speaking it. I'd like to learn other languages, but I'm not sure what.

I speak English but I'm learning Spanish. I think I'm getting pretty good at it. I can understand small snippets in paragraphs online. I can speak in full sentences without using a translator.

My mom let me install a language disk on my computer. I plan to use it to learn Italian. I want to live there someday.

Hilariously bad French (I got an A at GCSE, but my accent is appalling), and the tiniest amount of Japanese.

Back
Top Bottom