• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Let's Play shrapnel

Vladimir Putin's LJ

your blood flows through my veins
shrapnel is a free game by Adam Cadre, and it has won several XYZZY Awards and are generally quite popular online. While shrapnel isn't something one can very easily make hi-larious comments on, I thought it might be fun to play it together. I've finished the game without using a guide, but I'm sure it exists and I press you not to look it up because it's going to be much better to tear our hair out together in pure 'what in god's name'-ery.

Since it's text-based, I'll be posting the updates in quotes with just typed in text. Mods, please do move this thread to some other board if it's innapropriate to have it here, I'm just creating it in the Miscellaneous forum because my previous Sims 2 LP (on the fence about making a super quick version I can finish) remained here all its sad life.

Seeing as it's purely text-based, I'll be putting my posts in normal format under quotes with your ideas. If we progress, I'll ignore all other suggestions and move on to the next bit. If your sentence doesn't make a command turn up, I'll type in an approximation.

So, without further ado:
You are standing west *You have died* of a white house with *You have died* a boarded front door. *You have died*
shrapnel by adam cadre.

West of the house
You are standing west of a white house with a boarded front door.

You blink. Boarded? You came all this way and the door is boarded?

Is this supposed to be some sort of game?

I try to pry the boards off the door(?)
Pull boards
You accomplish nothing.

(just for some insight on where the hell we are)
Look
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door. Towering Carolina pines loom all around this clearing, silhouetted in the dusk; it will soon be night.

It occurs to you that you have no memory at all of how you got here.

(note that you can move to the north, the south, the west and the east)

GOD I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME TO DEATH. just saying.
*highfive*
*brograbs*

Whoa ok we get it jesus vplj.

North.

or whichever way it is that lets you around the house, I forget, it was touchy about that.

Whoa ok we get it jesus vplj.

North.

or whichever way it is that lets you around the house, I forget, it was touchy about that.
Computer hates me. That fucker.

North
You walk around to the north side of the house...

...but before you can take more than a few steps, a trio of frenzied attack dogs comes bursting out from behind the house and tears you to pieces.

***You have died***

Would you like to RESTART, RESTORE a saved game, or QUIT?
Restart

West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door. Towering Carolina pines loom all around this clearing, silhouetted in the dusk; it will soon be night.

Three snarling attack dogs fight one another over the remains of your corpse.

You shoulda given us the option to restart restore or quit. That's a huge part of it ... ~~~~

Hey, where can I get this game? oh and since I'm here, If nothing dangerous is visible, then move East too (after all ... We don't have anything to lose)

You shoulda given us the option to restart restore or quit. That's a huge part of it ... ~~~~
Will do.

I am looking east of the house.
East
There's no way to enter the house from here -- the door is boarded shut.

And if we go first north and then east:
North
You are standing to the north of a white house. There is no door here, and all the windows are boarded. To the north a narrow path winds through the trees.

East
You walk around to the back of the house...

You are behind the white house, where husks of the other buildings on the estate stand: the stables, carriage house, outhouse, niggers' quarters, all are just collapsed heaps of weathered wood now. The house itself stands to the west, the back door slightly ajar.

--
I can go back to just east without going north, of course. Say the word.

Hey, where can I get this game? oh and since I'm here, If nothing dangerous is visible, then move East too (after all ... We don't have anything to lose)
I was going to link it when we were done, but here it is if you want to play along: Here's a link. Don't read the reviews unless you want to spoil it for yourself.

....Walk west?

I entered the house in the actual game so I know what happens when you do so >:)

West
You open the back door and step inside...

...and are immediately blown back out the door by a shotgun blast that rips a gaping hole through your chest.

***You have died***

Would you like to RESTART, RESTORE a saved game, or QUIT?

Oops... I forgot that "west" was the same as "enter house" Actually, I didn't know that in the first place, but...

let's restart.

Restart
You are behind the white house, where husks of the other buildings on the estate stand: the stables, carriage house, outhouse, niggers' quarters, all are just collapsed heaps of weathered wood now. The house itself stands to the west, the back door hanging from the doorframe by one hinge.

Your corpse lies sprawled on an expanse of blood-stained grass, a gaping hole through its torso.

Run the hell away, whoever owned this house is batshit.

Umm. Look at the outhouse? A few of the games I've played have something hidden in an outhouse.

Run the hell away, whoever owned this house is batshit.

Umm. Look at the outhouse? A few of the games I've played have something hidden in an outhouse.
Look at outhouse
These heaps of wood are all that is left of what was once a small village of secondary buildings. Splintery, weathered, rotten wood. It's not good lumber -- hell, it isn't even decent firewood.

Back
Top Bottom