• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

LET'S PLAY SUIKODEN; FUCK YEAH GS4

Re: LET'S PLAY GENSOU SUIKODEN I & II

19.5, actually. The .5 is Gremio. He's still listed on the tablet, but his name's greyed out. Also I went through and tallied up stars I'm missing and I could remember them all!

I got distracted with writing fanfic for NaNoWriMo. But then I realised that instead of freaking out about what I write next, I could just work on my LP and count that as part of my NaNo! Yeah. That totally works.

LAST TIME: TAKE THAT, NECLORD. Also, Viktor's gone for a while.

PART 22; ADVENTURES OF ... TED???

STATS:
- STARS RECRUITED: 88.5 + Fuma + Kreutz + Milia + Rubi = 92.5 / 108
- Game Overs: 1 total
- BOCCHAAA~~~N: Gremio: 75.5, Pahn: 8, Cleo: 14, other: 4, total: 101.5
- TALENTED MILITARY SURGEON: Mathiu: 2, everyone else: 2, 4 total
- Bathrooms: 0

NEXT TIME: The Black Dragon Orchid and the third ingredient!

Last edited:

Thanks for catching typos, Clover! Felt like polishing off the arc, not least because I'm counting each update as 2k words.

LAST TIME: Ted didn't die, so he fixed it with suicide by True Rune. Sorry, ☆☆☆☆☆☆, no hard feelings.

PART 23; SUP FUTCH

STATS:
- STARS RECRUITED: 92.5 + Futch + Joshua + Clive + Taggart + Leon + Mace + Pesmerga + Crowley = 100.5 / 108
- TALENTED MILITARY SURGEON: Mathiu: 2, everyone else: 2 + 1, 5 total

NEXT TIME: Training manoeuvres and the fine art of getting Viktor back!

Last edited:

LAST TIME: Rocks fall, Futch's dragon dies. Viktor has been kidnapped!

PART 24; THERE IS ALWAYS TIME FOR BREAKFAST

STATS:
- STARS RECRUITED: 100.5 + Griffith + Warren + Kasim + Maximilian + Sancho + Vincent = 106.5 / 108
- TALENTED MILITARY SURGEON: Mathiu: 2, everyone else: 3, 5 total

NEXT TIME: The last of the six -- er, five, since Georg ran off -- great generals, the last star of destiny, and ☆☆☆☆☆☆'s terrible terrible family dynamics! Also, the conclusion of the spy subplot! I am three updates from the end. Holy shit.

Last edited:

LAST TIME: Moravia!

PART 25

STATS:
- STARS RECRUITED: 106.5 + Sonya = 107.5 / 108
- BOCCHAAA~~~N: Gremio: 75.5, Pahn: 8, Cleo: 14 + 1 = 15, other: 4, total: 102.5
- TALENTED MILITARY SURGEON: Mathiu: 2, everyone else: 3 + 1, 6 total

NEXT TIME: THE FINAL BATTLE and the invasion of Gregminster! I might actually finish the game off next update; we'll see how long it ends up.

Last edited:

Nice doublepost bro

Anyway, I'M SO EXCITED
CAN'T WAIT FOR I TO FINISH SO WE CAN START II

Yeah, I'm looking forward to starting a II playthrough, too. Gotta find out how to cheat so I can do Clive Quest, though. Have you been thinking about what we'll name Riou?

LAST TIME: Shasarazade, Sonya, and the final star!

PART 26

AND FINALLY, PART 27

STATS:
- STARS RECRUITED: IDK MY BFF GREMIO
- BOCCHAAA~~~N: Gremio: 75.5 + 2 = 77.5, Pahn: 8, Cleo: 15, other: 4, total: 104.5
- TALENTED MILITARY SURGEON: Mathiu: 2, everyone else: 4 + 1, 7 total

NEXT TIME: Beginning of Suikoden II! What do we name Riou?

Last edited:

2x Doublepost Combo!

His name shall be..... ££££££

Or Euro or something *shrug*

Re: LET'S PLAY GENSUI I + II -- SUIKODEN I COMPLETE

answer is always ******

also, was the euro even a thing when this game was out?

NAME HIM ◄▲►◄▲►!

Or ♥♥♥♥♥♥ just because.

Gooooooooood morning, everyone! As you might have noticed, we are now up to Suikoden II! That ... feels like it took a while, but actually I think I got through it pretty quickly given how doing a let's play tripled my play time and meant I couldn't just skim through the bits I dislike. Also given that I got distracted halfway through in order to play through IV, Rhapsodia, and III. ... Twice, in Rhapsodia's case.

This is the opening movie! Please watch it; it's awesome. Apparently they got the Warsaw Philharmonic to do the music? idk, Higashino Miki is probably my favourite video game composer.

I may actually switch emulators for this; I really want to be able to proceed frame by frame for a bunch of this since II has very detailed sprite animations.
sles0244210100111213708.png
But first, what do we name the protag? It'll be commented on at least once if Tir and Riou have the same name, so that's a thought. I think Gremio thinks it's weird? I'm not sure; I've only played through II twice, once with Tir and Riou and once with ティル and リオウ. But I've heard it gets remarked upon. Espeon might know; I think he named both tenkai after himself. But yeah, Tir shows up in II. He's pretty impressively gamebreaking if you have him in your party. It's beautiful.

dramacd.jpg

Riou is the one who looks like Tir, Jowy is the blond, Nanami is the girl, Mukumuku is the flying squirrel.
triocover.png

Riou is a silent protagonist, more or less, though he does have quite a lot of lines. Most of them have to do with not being able to believe that his boyfriend might have made bad decisions. (The rest are him hoping his sister will stop being herself.)

Jowy, pronounced Joey but spelled stupidly because this is Suikoden II and SuikoII's translation makes SuikoI's look like a work of art, I am not even kidding, is Riou's boyfriend. Riou's very clingy boyfriend who makes very bad decisions. But don't worry, no matter how many times Jowy tries to kill people, he will always be Riou's best friend.

Sadly, he does not wear shorts.

Nanami is Riou's older sister! They know she's older even though they were orphaned at a young age and adopted by some old man named Genkaku because when they argue over who's the older sibling, Nanami is louder. That means she won, you see. (The nunchuck to the head also means she won. She's a very straightforward person, is Nanami.) Nanami is at least as annoying as Gremio and also similarly endearing. Don't let her cook, though. She thinks sea-salt ice cream is a good idea.

1nanami.png

1nanamistew.png
(Images both from Suikogaiden I.)

I'm going to have to do a bit more prep for this LP since I don't have all of the portrait sprites as separate files already. :/ And the whole ... switching emulators ... thing. So you have a day or two to work out what we're naming Riou.

Oh, and the soundtrack. You might want to find it zipped somewhere; it's kind of large. Four discs kind of large. And the soundtrack for II is much better than the one for I! Though I do love the soundtrack for I. ... I wonder if Higashino Miki did the ones in I I particularly like; she did some of the composing but wasn't in charge of the whole thing for suikoI. Suiko II, it's all hers, afaik.

Last edited:

This has been fun to read! and I had some questions to ask but I forget them and should be doing other things, so hopefully I will remember soon! This next one should be awesome, I love the way you do LPs :D

I remember you saying that you sort of liked empty spaces for Penis Castle's name before, but I forget whether you said that was impossible or you just preferred Penis in the end? Because if not then totally spaces for this Riou guy's name.

Also, Kirkis's faceplate seems to have borked out in the last few posts, just fyi.

also I just realized that Kamandol's face reminds me of Shelley de Killer but no big deal

Yeah, see, everything's on imageshack so a few things tend to not work at any given point in time. The link's fine; it's just that particular imageshack server is down. There's an image next to where I said all the unkillables were standing, too, that doesn't currently work.

Not that I don't like your suggestions or anything, because I do, but I was talking to Espeon and he suggested Odessa and I am giggling forever. It is beautiful in many ways.

LAST TIME: ROCKS FALL, FLIKTOR DIE. OR DID THEY???

YOU KNOW THE DRILL

STATS:
- PEOPLE WITH FACES MET: Odessa, Jowy Atreides (THE SPICE MUST FLOW), Rowd, Luca Blight
- Jowy Points: On one hand, he told Odessa to jump off a cliff 108 * 4 times and still didn't accept his refusal. On the other, at least they held hands while jumping off the cliff. So I guess he's at a -2 for now. (-5 for jumping off a cliff, +2 for trying to prevent their imminent Death By Luca, +1 for hand holding.)
- Game Overs: 0 total

NEXT TIME: Jumping off cliffs is a really stupid idea, guys. Don't do it.

Last edited:

LAST TIME: RIOU AND JOWY JUMPED OFF A CLIFF LIKE SMART PEOPLE.

Huh, I got it to be in colour like 300 exp before I did last time! Wonder what that's about. (Link is to my save state.

WOW, IS THAT ... IS THAT A LINK IN PLACE OF THE UPDATE REMAINING HERE ???

STATS:
- PEOPLE WITH FACES MET: Viktor, Flik, Pohl, Barbara, Leona, Tuta, Gengen, Millie, Rina, Eilie, Bolgan
- Jowy Points: -2 + 3 for coming to my rescue ♥ = 1

NEXT TIME: Failed escape attempt fallout, the circus, and blowjobs. I'm not even kidding.

Last edited:

Flik hitting Odessa is funny beyond words, haha. I look forwards to seeing more.

LAST TIME: Being Fliktor's prisoner kind of sucks but not really.

PART 03; YOU KNOW THE DRILL

STATS:
- PEOPLE WITH FACES MET: No one new today, I think!
- Jowy Points: 1 + 3 for figuring out how to escape + 1 for being good with rope [nudge nudge] - 5 for trying to light Fliktor's house on fire = 0

NEXT TIME: Kyaro town! Gee, I sure hope Captain Rowd hasn't said anything bad about us while we were gone!

Last edited:

I do remember having my emulator crash at one of the cutscenes. I think it was the one which happens later in Ryube. Also, having reread one of the previous entries about naming Riou and Tir the same, it is true that Gremio will react to the name being the same. I can't remember what he says exactly and it isn't that important or significant to anything ever so it's not like it matters.

LAST TIME: FUCK YOU FLIKTOR WE DO WHAT WE WANT [FIST SHAKE]

PART 04 YADA FUCKING YADA

STATS:
- PEOPLE WITH FACES MET: Mukumuku, Nanami, Jillia
- Jowy Points: ... I don't feel like tallying them right now.

NEXT TIME: I SURE LIKED BEING FLIKTOR'S PRISONER. LET'S DO THIS SOME MORE!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom