• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

LET'S PLAY SUIKODEN; FUCK YEAH GS4

Re: LET'S PLAY GENSUI I + II -- SUIKODEN I COMPLETE

If Nanami doesn't know the concept of an adult conversation with a guard, how do you expect her to have a foursome with Jowy, Riou and Futch? D:!

"What are you doing, huh? Huh? Huh? Riou! TELL ME!!" "... We're ... uh ..." "GO AWAY, NANAMI" "We're kind of busy here, thanks!" "That looks like FUN. LET ME TRY" "[ slightly desperate ] NANAMI GO AWAY" "Nanami, that's a little..." "(... I wonder if Riou's a protective little brother...)" "You know, I talked to Rina yesterday and she said --" "[ HUMS LOUDLY. THIS IS SO NOT RIGHT. ]" "[ ... intrigued... and confused, but mostly intrigued ]" "(Oh, I heard most of that years ago.)"

LAST TIME:

PART 06; MOVED AROUND A BUNCH OF THINGS

STATS:
- PEOPLE WITH FACES MET: Have I counted Pilika? I know I said hi to Pilika before.... Apple, Hanna
- Jowy Points: Damn right you'll hug the traumatised small child!
- Game Overs: 2 total
- Bathrooms: 0

NEXT TIME: INTRODUCING OUR NEW STRATEGIST ... Apple. There is no way this can go wrong. (Luca, I'd like to surrender, buu....)

Last edited:

I feel like people aren't following this that much :'(

LAST TIME: Pigs fall, Pilika's family dies; Apple wanders in to introduce the iStrategist.

PART 07 YADA YADA

STATS:
- PEOPLE WITH FACES MET: Tsai, Kinnison, Shiro, Kiba Windamier
- Jowy Points: He had a lot of lines, but he didn't really do anything. :|a

NEXT TIME: Defending the fort! Our first war battle, maybe?

Last edited:

applejx.gif
: "Somebody? Is somebody there?" ... ONLY APPLE CAN SAVE US ALL
NEXT TIME: INTRODUCING OUR NEW STRATEGIST ... Apple. There is no way this can go wrong. (Luca, I'd like to surrender, buu....)

I actually cracked up at the "ONLY APPLE CAN SAVE US ALL" comment. We all know how awful she is, hahaha.

As for castle names, I can't think of anything particularly witty. Oh well.

Re: LET'S PLAY GENSUI I + II -- NAME MY 幻水II ARMY

Penis pretty much has outlasted its funny value. Flik suggested I go with something pig related, so I bounced puns off him and Clover until I found something I liked. I will proactively assume from your collective groans that I am your new hero.

As it turns out, the remix of Theme of the Advancing Army is Tactics. I haven't gone through to find out what everything else is.

LAST TIME: Viktor mistreats his flamethrowers. Viktor, I thought you liked fire!

PART 08

STATS:
- PEOPLE WITH FACES MET: Solon Jhee, Seed, Culgan
- Jowy Points: :(

NEXT TIME: IDK MY BFF TRUE RUNES.

Last edited:

Turns out I didn't actually get far with this update, either. :|a We'll get to Muse eventually!

LAST TIME: Pohl died and Viktor accidentally fire spears in the boiler.

PART 09

STATS:
- PEOPLE WITH FACES MET: Leknaat
- Jowy Points: BUT I DON'T WANT A TRUE RUNE

NEXT TIME: ... okay, and NOW we'll get to the 'Muse, sort of' bit.

Last edited:

I've had a rough week or two, and this segment annoys me, hence late late late.

LAST TIME: Oh, goody! A true rune! That will make my life much better and not at all give me lots of angst about! I mean, look at Tir! He's doing well, right? ... ... ...

PART 10

STATS:
- PEOPLE WITH FACES MET: Alex, Hilda
- Jowy Points: He's kinda useless huh.

NEXT TIME: Nanami's aMusing antics! Odessa makes like his namesake and flirts ineptly with his staff-wielding dark-type friend on a Moonlit Night!

Last edited:
Re: LET'S PLAY GENSUI I + II

I read too! I'm just too much of a lurker to, you know, actually comment.

See, the thing to remember is that I'm much better about updating if I know people care if I update. If I don't think anyone actually reads it, I don't have motivation! So even if you don't actually have anything to say, I'd appreciate it if you at least went, idk, 'I'm still reading this!' or something.

I'm getting awfully close to the point where I need to actually be concerned with playtime, so the last thing I did was reset playtime back to 00:00:00. The cheat code for that is:
8006AA52 0000
8006AA54 0000
8006AA56 0000
and that works perfectly fine in pcsxr. So yay! The playtime prior to me doing that was 47:52:35, which sounds more than a bit absurd unless you consider that 1. doing an lp at least triples the actual playtime, 2. I play on 2x speed whenever I'm grinding or just want to get Muse to restock faster, and 3. I leave the emulator running while I go off and do other things sometimes. Probably the actual time I've spent on this so far is more like 20 hours, which is still a lot. Typing up junk takes a while, yo!

LAST TIME: WE ARE NOW IN MUSE. HOW LONG DID THAT TAKE? TOO FUCKING LONG, THAT'S HOW LONG.

PART 11
STATS:
- PEOPLE WITH FACES MET: Elza, Clive, Anabelle, Jess
- Jowy Points: Jowy, don't be stupid. This is the worst plan.

NEXT TIME: How many spies does it take to make a pot of tea?

I might actually start on a Suikogaiden interlude between now and then, actually.

Last edited:

OH OH OH OH *raises hand*

Is Luca Blight's true rune........

Noodles? :D
didigetitrightdidigetitrightdidigetitright???

Suikoden II said:
little boy (a tiny-Jowy paletteswap, to be precise): "Hey, hey, hey. Is it really true that the Highland Army is coming? My mommy said they'll come if I don't eat my carrots. Is it true? Is it true?"

I'd never noticed they were a palette swap of tiny-Jowy before! I'm highly amused by this considering "Do you... want my carrots?"

Clearly because Jowy never ate his carrots, the highland army came. Poor Fliktor's base. :(

By the way; I'm still reading this! (Or something.)

I would not be surprised if Luca hates noodles. Also saying Luca's true rune is a bit not accurate; it's more the rune he likes sacrificing shit to. HINT: everyone keeps calling him it.

Hm, actually, I think I'll do the Suikogaiden 1 chapter 2 interlude after we're out of Muse.

LAST TIME: Hi, Anabelle! Anabelle's secretary has decided we need to spy on Highland. It's not as though we've ever had problems with being thought of as Jowston spies or anything. It's certainly not as though the unit we're pretending to be in (which is our actual unit) is almost entirely dead. Holy shit, Jess, this is the worst idea. I kind of adore that everyone agrees it is the worst idea.

PART 12

STATS:
- PEOPLE WITH FACES MET: Huan, Anita, and now we've properly met Jillia.
- Jowy Points: ♥ even if you are stupid!

NEXT TIME: We're fucked, aren't we.

I've decided I'll do the first Suikogaiden interlude once we leave Muse.

Last edited:

PAGE THREE \o/

LAST TIME: SPYING: it's not a good idea. Particularly if your cover story is shitty as hell.

[BGM: none, birds chirping]
sles0244220120007032017.png
Nanami gets pinged as I run onscreen.
nanami.png
: "Oh, you're back! You're back! Over here. Are you okay? I heard a lot of yelling, so I thought they'd captured you."
Odessa walks the rest of the way over to the group.
nanami.png
: "Huh? Where's Jowy? He didn't..........."
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: [walks down and jumps] "There they are! Over here! Hurry!!!"
nanami.png
: "Huh? What? What?"
Odessa backs up slightly and FAITO. Jowy is no longer in my party.
nanami.png
: "Whew.... But, what happened??? Hey, hey, hey, Odessa? Where's Jowy? What happened to him?"
sles0244207000112124603.png

riout.png
: "First we have to get out of here..."
nanami.png
: "Huh? Wait a minute....."
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: [walks in] "Here, here. They're still here!!!"
nanami.png
: [bounce] "Uh oh!"
Fade out as we hightail it.

sles0244207000112124825.png

nanami.png
: "................. Oh no........ Jowy is................."
nanami.png
: "He'll be okay...... yeah, he'll be fine. Jowy always keeps his promises. We'll wait in Muse for him to come back. He may even catch up to us before then.... Right, Odessa?"

[BGM: Let's Climb This Hill]
sles0244207000112130927.png

nanami.png
: "So............. Jowy didn't catch up with us.... What should we do? Should we go see Jess?"

I try walking over to the rune shop to buy more fury runes, but Nanami stops me in front of the inn.
nanami.png
: "Wait a minute, Odessa. I can understand you wanting to rest, but I think we should report to Jess first."
So I walk around and get to the rune shop that way :')
sles0244207000112131305.png
Wow, four water runes and a fury rune.

Jess is not in his room! I try to go over to Anabelle's room instead and an official stops me.
OFFICIAL: "There's an important meeting today. You can't go in."

As I try leaving the building, Nanami stops me.
nanami.png
: "We can't see Jess or Anabelle. What are we going to do? Are Viktor and the others here??"
And now I can leave.

To the inn!
sles0244207000112131842.png
Fliktor are getting drunk, or at least more drunk. I suspect they're not very familiar with sobriety.
flik.gif
: "Odessa. You okay? Leona told us what was going on. We've been very worried."
nanami.png
: [steps closer] "Y.. yeah, I'm okay. But Jowy....."
viktorr.gif
: ? "Yeah, he's not here. What happened to Jowy?"
nanami.png
: "Well you see....."
Fade out.
viktorr.gif
: [storms out of his seat; this makes Nanami nervous] "What!!! So they've captured Jowy?"
nanami.png
: "Huh? Well..... I... I don't know...... Jowy said...... he said he'd follow after us..."
flik.gif
: "What's scaring him going to do? Hey, let's go see Jess and find out exactly what's going on." That should probably be 'scaring them', Flik.
nanami.png
: [nervous] "But Jess wasn't there and we weren't allowed in to see Anabelle...."
viktorr.gif
: "Don't worry. I'll show you a good trick." VIKTOR.
Flik gets out of his seat, though he is much more refined about it than Viktor. Details! Eee.
[ Viktor joins convoy. Flik joins convoy. ]

nanami.png
: "Pilika.... Wait a minute...."
pilika2.png
: "................"

[BGM: Quiet Room. That's the city hall bgm in general.]
OFFICIAL: "What's your business here? Lady Anabelle is preparing for a meeting.........."
VIKTOR RUNS INTO HIM.
OFFICIAL: [bolts into room] "Unfff....... uuuuuhhhh.........."
flik.gif
: [sweatdrop] "Good trick, huh............"
viktorr.gif
: "It's the best way to deal with government workers. Let's go in."

We walk in! Fliktor are leading the way. In Anabelle's room are Fitcher, Jess, and Hauser. Hauser is pretty much the only black guy in the game.
jesst.gif
: ! "What is this!"
[BGM: Sedition]
anabelle0.png
: [walks out from behind her desk and over to Fliktor] "Viktor and Flik. What happened? Why do you look so angry?"
viktorr.gif
: [RUNS OVER TO BE WAY IN JESS'S SPACE 8(] "Hey! You! Is it true that you sent Odessa and Jowy to sneak into the Highland camp!?"
fitcher.gif
: [nervous] "Hold on a minute, don't get so mad......."
jesst.gif
: "Yes, I asked them to do it. Now get your hands off me."
Viktor backs up slightly; Flik steps forward.
flik.gif
: "Anabelle, I don't know you that well, but is the State really in such bad shape that they have to use kids like this as spies?" Ouch.
anabelle0.png
: [turns] "Jess.........................."
jesst.gif
: "I asked them because in order to defeat the Highland Army, we need to know how much provisions they have. Odessa, how much provisions did they have anyway?" You're such a fuckhead.
sles0244207000112134151.png
Odessa would prioritise on the stratergery; Riou would care more about Jowy. :|a
>
riout.png
: "About two weeks worth......."
>>
viktorr.gif
: [turns to Odessa] "You!! Is that all you........"
>
riout.png
: "............................."
>>
nanami.png
: "So you said... about 2 weeks. Right, Odessa?"
nanami.png
: "But the important thing is Jowy... What about Jowy..."
nanami.png
: "Jowy's been captured by Highland. Well, I don't know if he was captured, but he didn't come back. So please, please save Jowy......"
Long pause as Anabelle walks over to the kids.
anabelle0.png
: "Odessa, Nanami, I thank you for getting vital information for us. Furthermore, I apologize for putting you in such danger. But I'm afraid we can't save Jowy. We've got our hands full just protecting the city. Forgive me."
nanami.png
: [nervous] "But, but, but........"
flik.gif
: "Odessa.......... Nanami............ Standing around and talking isn't going to bring Jowy back safe."
jesst.gif
: [steps up] "2 weeks means they're planning a swift assault. Now we can plan our strategy at the Hilltop conference. Thank you, Odessa."
Viktor rams into him; Fitcher jumps.
viktorr.gif
: "Why you!!!!!"
fitcher.gif
: [nervous] "Please, no violence!! No violence!!!"
Viktor looks at Fitcher and steps back.
jesst.gif
: "How dare you, mercenary. We needed information to save Muse! Besides, it's your fault that Lady Anabelle is suffering." What? No, seriously, what? What planet are you ON, Jess?
viktorr.gif
: [HITS HIM AGAIN.] "What!!!!"
anabelle0.png
: "Stop it, Jess!"
flik.gif
: "Enough, Viktor. I guess mercs like us don't have anything to say about what goes on here. Let's go back."
[BGM: none]
viktorr.gif
: [slowly moves away from Jess.] "Damn!!!"
Fade out.

[BGM: Let's Climb This Hill]
Back in the inn...
viktorr.gif
: "I'm sorry...... Odessa. If we had been there....."
nanami.png
: "I wonder if Jowy's...... okay.... I'm sure he's fine. He'll come back." It's not as though Rowd's tried to kill him before or anything.
sles0244220120007135531.png

riout.png
: "It's Jowy. He'll be fine."
nanami.png
: "You're right. Well, I'm going to wait for Jowy out by the gate."
Nanami walks off.
flik.gif
: ".........................."
Fade out.

leona.gif
: "Odessa........... Should you be here? .......... Go and stay with her."

sles0244207000112135907.png
It's sunset. Walking over to join Nanami at the gate....
No music.
nanami.png
: "Hey, Odessa. Jowy's not.... Jowy's not back yet. I'm going to wait a little longer for him. Odessa, why don't you go back to Leona's and rest. If he comes back, I'll tell you."
sles0244207000112140027.png
If at any point you say you go back to Leona's, you ... go back to Leona's and skip the rest of this scene.
riout.png
: "I'll wait with you."
[BGM: Reminiscence ~ Strings Version] Bawww.
nanami.png
: "That would be nice. It'll seem faster that way.... no, I guess not..."
sles0244207000112140429.png

After a while, Nanami looks up at Odessa.
nanami.png
: "It's late..... Odessa, you should go wait at Leona's."
sles0244207000112140820.png

riout.png
: "I'm staying with you."
Nanami looks back down. They wait for a while until Pilika runs over. Nanami stands up.
nanami.png
: "Pilika?"
pilika2.png
: "Huff... huff... huff... huff..."
They walk over to Pilika!
nanami.png
: "Are you okay, Pilika?"
pilika2.png
: "Waaaahhhh......"
nanami.png
: "It'll be okay, honey. Jowy will come back."
pilika2.png
: "............................"
sles0244207000112141143.png
Far away, remember~ far away, you and me~ the innocence, we were so free~ memories in sepia~ far away, so pure~ there is always a place in my heart~
riout.png
: "He'll come back. He promised..."
pilika2.png
: "....................."
sles0244207000112141331.png
Nanami and Pilika sit down.
Waiting for a while.
nanami.png
: "Hey, hey. Do you remember the time you got lost in Lude Woods." ... He got lost in Lewd Woods. Really? Really?
nanami.png
: "While Grandpa Genkaku was out looking for you, Jowy and I waited just like this. You came back and I know Jowy is going to too."
Long pause.
nanami.png
: [looks up] "I think you should wait at Leona's after all. You'll catch cold."
sles0244220120007141659.png

riout.png
: "I'm waiting with you."
nanami.png
: "Why won't you ever listen to what your big sister tells you? .................. We'll wait a little longer."
Long pause.
nanami.png
: "Well, to finish the story.... While we were waiting for Odessa just like this, do you know what Jowy did... ha ha. He cried the whole time." Jowy cried the whole time Riou was lost in Lewd Woods. I don't. I don't ... need to make comments here, do I...
nanami.png
: "Can you believe it? Our Jowy crying just like a little baby... Hey, this conversation is our little secret, okay? I promised Jowy I would never tell a soul."
Long pause.
sles0244207000112142134.png
... during which, Pilika falls asleep.
pilika2.png
: "ZZZZZZZZZ.........."
nanami.png
: [looks over at Pilika and blinks twice] "Looks like Pilika was pretty tired. It's late, Jowy." I'm not Jowy.
More waiting.
nanami.png
: "Hey.... Odessa. You know what I think?.... When Jowy comes back, let's go far away from here....." Oh, Nanami.
Nanami stands up and is super pinged! Pilika has sleep bubbles and her eyes are still half-lidded.
nanami.png
: "!!!!!!!!"
[BGM: Heart-Softening Music 1]
sles0244207000112142438.png
Jowy spots us and runs over!
sles0244207000112142440.png
We run too!
sles0244207000112142441.png
Nanami hugs him.
sles0244207000112142442.png
So does Pilika.
jowy.png
: "Odessa......... Nanami.......... You waited for me........"
nanami.png
: "You came back! You really came back!!!"
jowy.png
: "Odessa..... Nanami........ I kept my promise......."
sles0244207000112142910.png
I'll be nice because it keeps Jowy from apologising.
riout.png
: "Welcome home."
jowy.png
: "Thanks.... Odessa.... It's nice....... Having people to wait for you...."
pilika2.png
jowy.png
: "Pilika waited too..... Thanks......."
Fade out.

[BGM: Beautiful Morning]
sles0244207000112143148.png
Oh, huh, I got the boys' and girls' rooms mixed up.
nanami.png
: [walks in] "Hey! How long are you two gonna sleep?"
jowy.png
: [rolls over.] "Uh....... Nanami......... a little longer...... You know...... I...... hate...... mornings....." Jowy/punctuation otp.
nanami.png
: "C'mon.... I know it was rough, but it's already been a week. Snap out of it!"
Odessa gets out of bed, and after a moment, so does Jowy.
nanami.png
: "C'mon. C'mon. Let's go."
jowy.png
: "Let's go?..... where?"
nanami.png
: "Something's about to start at Jowston Hill. People have come here from all over the place. Is it a festival? Maybe something like that. C'mon. Let's go see." It certainly can't be politicking.
jowy.png
: "Oh well...... Shall we go, Odessa?"
Nanami and Jowy join the party! Wow Jowy has nice stat growth.

leona.gif
: [nervous] "Don't worry..... I'll take care of this girl, so go and have fun. You can get to Jowston Hill from the northwest part of town."
If you haven't yet, it'd be a good idea to remove everything from Jowy......

The Jowy palette-swap now says, "Hey! Hey! It'll be okay, right? I ate all my carrots so the Highland Army wouldn't come."

sles0244207000112144428.png
Hi, Viktor!
viktorr.gif
: "Oh, are you here for the view too?"
jowy.png
: "Viktor, what is this?"
viktorr.gif
: "Eh? It's a meeting of the leaders of the City-State of Jowston. This is Jowston Hill, so they call this the Hilltop Conference. Leaders of the 5 State cities, Muse, South Window, Greenhill, the Matilda Knights and.... oh I forget. Anyway, it should be interesting." ... Viktor, the six Jowston city-states are Muse, Southwind, Greenhill, Matilda, Two River, and Tinto. I can forgive you forgetting about Tinto because they're stupid and Two River because they're like the Great Forest region in Toran except worse, but you should at least remember how many they are.
nanami.png
: "Interesting?"
viktorr.gif
: "It's okay, don't worry. You can get in if you stick with me. You should see it, it'll be something to tell your grandkids, I'm sure." Assuming Gorudo doesn't kill her first.
Viktor joins convoy.
sles0244207000112145038.png

GUARD: "Only concerned parties are allowed past this point."
viktorr.gif
: "I'm Viktor, mercenary leader under contract by Muse City. The others are with me. Let us in."
GUARD: "Wait a minute. Show me some proof of identity."
viktorr.gif
: "Hey, you don't recognize my face? My face is my proof of identity."
GUARD: "Sorry, but I can't let you in."
viktorr.gif
: "What....?!"
flik.gif
: [walks over] "Hope you're not planning on using your 'good trick' again."
viktorr.gif
: "Who's this?..."
GUARD: [ping!] "Oh! Y... you're.... Are you really Sir Flik?" HAHAHA it's because he's hot isn't it
flik.gif
: "Eh? Yes, but....."
GUARD: [nervous] "You're the mercenary soldier.... the one... the one they call.... 'Flik of the Blue Lightning'..."
flik.gif
GUARD: "Please, please go in."
viktorr.gif
: "How come they don't know my face, but they know your face?"
flik.gif
: [sweatdrop] "How should I know?" Oh, Flik, someday you will notice that there are people other than Viktor and Odessa who want you out of your pants.
[ Flik joins convoy ]
Fade out.

[BGM: The Confederation Forever]
sles0244207000112145914.png
And now you know what the inside of the building looks like.
sles0244207000112150009.png
Pan over the room...
MAN IN BLUE: "... Mayor of Muse City, Lady Anabelle......"
Anabelle and Jess walk in.
viktorr.gif
: "We're going to do our sightseeing over there."
sles0244207000112150111.png
We start heading down to the tables, but some jerk runs into Nanami!
gorudo.png
: "Out of the way, girl!" Fuck off!
Nanami steps out of the way and bounces as Gorudo walks off! The knight in red (Camus) stops next to her; the knight in blue (Miklotov) follows Gorudo until he notices either that Nanami's pissed or Camus isn't following.
nanami.png
: "You creep. What are you doing?"
camus.gif
: "Pardon us, my lady. I believe he was but overeager. May we have your forgiveness?" ... Camus ...
nanami.png
: "No... I mean, yes....."
miklotov.png
: "What are you doing, Camus?"
camus.gif
: "Just doing my job as a knight. Got a problem?"
nanami.png
: "Ah, ah.. it's... it's... it's okay."
camus.gif
: "That is good. Well, please excuse me."
miklotov.png
: "Let's hurry, Camus. It's also a knight's job to be on time." Oh, Miklotov.
Camus and Miklotov walk off.
nanami.png
: "Hey! Hey! Odessa, Jowy, did you here? He called me 'lady'!!" This makes more sense in Japanese; she's impressed by him calling her ojousama.
jowy.png
BLUE GUY: "Leader of the Matilda Knights and the White Knights, Lord Gorudo!!!"
flik.gif
: "Hey, here we go."
sles0244207000112151027.png
They go sit in the chairs on the bottom. Our party's on the left table; Viktor and Flik are sitting next to a blonde woman on the right table. Notice the giant army of clones.
BLUE GUY: "Representative General of Two River City, Lord Makai!!!"
BLUE GUY: "Acting Mayor of Greenhill City, Lady Teresa!!!!" HAHA TERESA RATES MORE BANGS.
BLUE GUY: "Mayor of Tinto City, Lord Gustav!!!"
BLUE GUY: "Mayor of South Window City, Lord Granmeyer!!!"
BLUE GUY: "Commander of the Muse City Forces, Lord Hauser!!!" Does Hauser, like, get lines ever.
sles0244207000112151101.png
Pan over to the mayors! Clockwise, they're Anabelle (with Jess), Gorudo (with Miklotov and Camus), Makai (I guess Ridley and ... guh, I forget her name, Chaco's aunt ... are busy; either that or Jowston has some major anti-nonhuman issues they need to get over), Gustav, Hauser, Teresa Wisemail (with Shin), and Granmeyer. I like the flags, though Southwind's looks like a target marker.
The music stops.
anabelle0.png
: "In accordance with the Jowston State Agreement, I hereby begin the Hilltop Conference."
jesst.gif
: "The Highland Army is massed at our border. They have only 2 weeks provisions with them. We believe they'll attack soon." Well, one week, now, if Nanami's mention is right.
makai.png
: "Wait a moment. Aren't they still in compliance with the peace agreement?" Sigh, Makai.
jesst.gif
: "The Highland Army has already invaded the eastern part of Muse and burned several villages to the ground along the way."
gorudo.png
: "As for that, didn't Highland reply that that was a 'trick by mountain bandits'?" Oh Gorudo.
granmeyer.png
: "Do you really believe that Viktor's mercenary army could be crushed by a group of mountain bandits?" Dude, you're trying logic against the Jowston mayors.
hauser.gif
: "You can't deny that the Highland Army is massed at the border. It is a fact, and this represents a threat to the City-State." Wow, you have a line. ... Are his eyes just entirely white. What the fuck.
gustav.png
: "The Highland Army has approached the border before and they've never truly attacked. Why should this be any different?" Meanwhile, Gustav has no eyes. Reminds me of Mathiu a little. ... Though as mayor of Tinto, Gustav is contractually obligated to hate Scarlet Moon's -- well, the Toran Republic's now, but still -- guts.
teresa.gif
: "The commander of the Highland Army has changed from Agares Blight to his son, Prince Luca Blight. That's why things are different." Oh, Teresa. You and your logic.
gorudo.png
: "Oh? So you can't pay your annual rice offering for 3 years, but your mouth still works fine I see." ... What the fuck?
teresa.gif
: "How dare you...."
gorudo.png
: "It is just as Lord Gustav said, they'll run at the first sign of battle. I'm certainly not going to expend my knights for this." I'm not sure Camus and Miklotov would agree.
makai.png
: "The people of Two River are also tired from many battles...." Well, maybe Two River should stop being at war with Two River; have you considered that?
Long pause.
anabelle0.png
: "Luca Blight is more demon than man. If he breaks through Muse's defenses, the State will be in shambles. In the name of our mutual oath, I order you to provide troops to protect Muse City, capital city of the City-State Jowston." ... Congrats Anabelle.
gustav.png
: "I'm not afraid of your threats. What good is it if I protect Muse and my people, the people of Tinto, starve?" ... your economy is entirely mining. If there's no Muse, who do you plan on trading with.
granmeyer.png
: "That's an order in the name of the State. You should watch how you speak, Lord Gustav."
A MUSE SOLDIER: "Excuse me." [walks in and over to Jess, then leaves]
jesst.gif
: "I have news to report. The Highland Army has slaughtered our border guards and they're reportedly headed for Muse." Nice timing, there.
granmeyer.png
: "What!!!"
gorudo.png
: "It appears they were serious."
anabelle0.png
: "You all heard. I'm ordering all of you to gather your armies."
gorudo.png
: "Hmmm........"
Fade out.

[BGM: The Confederation Forever]
viktorr.gif
: "Okay, let's go back."

When I step out of the building ...
viktorr.gif
: "So that was pretty interesting, huh?"
nanami.png
: "You thinks so?????? Looked like just a bunch of old men talking to me." But Teresa and Anabelle!
viktorr.gif
: "Ha ha ha ha ha ha. I guess you're right. Man, I'm tired out from just sitting in there. Let's head to Leona's place."
jowy.png

I try stepping out of the city, but Viktor stops me.
viktorr.gif
: "Let's head over to Leona's and have a drink first, eh."
flik.gif
: "As usual, that's all you ever think about."
viktorr.gif
: "How can you say that?"

I step into the inn and Leona's talking to the innkeeper behind the bar and two maids in the kitchen are with Pilika and Anabelle and Apple are next to the stairs.
viktorr.gif
: "Hey, what a surprise. I was watching the meeting too. It was rough, but you did well."
anabelle0.png
: "Well, just part of my job. Nobody's giving full cooperation, but nobody wants anyone destroyed by Highland either."
viktorr.gif
: "So what is it? You didn't come here to make small talk."
anabelle0.png
: "Viktor, I need you to somehow slow down the Highland Army. It will take 7 days to gather all of the State forces. But the Highland Army will arrive here in 5 days. 2 days would be enough. Please just buy us 2 days."
applejx.gif
: "2 days.... We battle outside Muse, and maybe bloody their noses a little. Yeah, I think I can buy you 2 days."
viktorr.gif
: "You'll never change. You ask for crazy things like they're nothing. The idea of us alone trying to stop that Luca Blight...."
anabelle0.png
: "I'm counting on you, Viktor. Also, we'll be expecting reinforcements from the Matilda Knights to arrive early." Haha yeah right.
flik.gif
: "Well if it's just slowing them down, I think I can handle it."
anabelle0.png
: "Thanks, handsome."
viktorr.gif
: "Well err... hey, that's my job.... Plus if it's a request from a fine lady like you, I could never refuse."
flik.gif
jowy.png
: [steps up to Anabelle] "Ummm......... Please let us fight with you."
anabelle0.png
: [moves closer to the group] "Jowy, Odessa.... It was wrong of me to get you guys involved in this whole mess. Forgive me. But you don't need to do any more than you already have. This is a problem for us adults." blah blah blah
jowy.png
: "No... we want to fight. We'll help you slow down the Highland Army.... Odessa, you'll fight too, won't you?"
sles0244207000112154047.png

riout.png
: "Well I....."
jowy.png
: "Odessa, please."
sles0244207000112154209.png
I like that the options changed.
riout.png
jowy.png
: "Fight...... with me........ Odessa......... That Luca Blight.........."
sles0244207000112154209.png

riout.png
jowy.png
: "Please..... Odessa...... I want to make sure......" Repeat to infinity.
riout.png
: ".......... okay."
anabelle0.png
: "Odessa, Jowy, Nanami. .... Don't get yourself killed. When the battle is over, come back and visit me. I'll tell you all about Master Genkaku." Oh foreshadowing.
nanami.png
: "Okay.... Yes, yes!"
anabelle0.png
: "Well, I've got to get back. Viktor, do a good job for us. I know you will."
viktorr.gif
: "Yeah, well you're right."
Fade out.

---

RANDOM AS HELL DETOUR. I did this before heading back to Muse to wait for Jowy, but you can do this pretty much any time after first going to Muse after the fort's burned down.
[BGM: The King's March]
sles0244207000112125403.png
At the Mercenary Fortress, Templeton is pissed. SuikoII insists on calling him Templton, but unlike with Touta and Joey, the non-stupid spelling actually gets used in-series, so I'm going to call him Templeton anyway.
templeton.gif
: "What's wrong? I just want to take a little look inside!!"
HIGHLANDERS: "What are you talking about!? Buzz off before you get hurt!!!"
templeton.gif
: [walks up to them] "I told you. I'm just trying to fix my map!"
HIGHLANDERS: [pissed] "Get the hell out of here!!!"
templeton.gif
: [kicks one; there is an approprihttp://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8338/sles0244207000112125403.pngate sound effect and the kicked soldier goes !] "Harumph!..."
SOLDIER: "!!!!!!!" [bounces as Templeton bolts] "Hey you!! Leave me alone!!!"

Templeton stops next to where Odessa is hiding in the shade.
templeton.gif
: "I swear, people around here have really got an attitude. Hey! Who are you guys?"
Fade out. We're now in the entrance to the Mercenary Fort area, far away from the soldiers.
templeton.gif
: "You guys got kicked out of here? Jeez what a pain.... So much stuff going on... I gotta keep changing my map." I still like his introduction in I: "My god, this is terrible! I wish they wouldn't do such things! Now I'll have to change the maps." Best reaction to genocide.
sles0244207000112130005.png

riout.png
: "Map?" Can you make me one to find my ass?
templeton.gif
: "Oh. I'm Templton, a cartographer. I'm correcting my map of this area, but I'm really having a hard time. Sorry, but I'm sort of in a rush. Maybe I'll see you again."

[BGM: Requiem of Grief]
sles0244207000112130315.png
In what used to be Toto...
templeton.gif
: "This... this.... this is horrible........ I thought I'd seen everything, but this....." ... is nothing next to them burning down the elf village, asshole.
templeton.gif
: [pinged, turns to party] "So... so the Highland Army did this?"
sles0244207000112130431.png

riout.png
: "Yeah........"
templeton.gif
: "You said before that you were thrown out of that fort. Are you fighting the Highland Army?" Dude, you're 14. Why is this the second army you're joining?
sles0244207000112130610.png

riout.png
: "That's right."
templeton.gif
: "Really?.... In that case, I'll fight with you. I can't let them ruin everything I've gone to the trouble of mapping." Something is wrong in your head, kid.
Templeton joined the group!
templeton.gif
: "Here, I've got something for you. With this, you won't get lost no matter where you go. Okay, I'm going to look around some. I'll meet you later. Bye."
[ You got Suiko Map ]
Fade out.

STATS:
- PEOPLE WITH FACES MET: Templ(e)ton, Gorudo, Makai, Camus, Miklotov, Teresa, Shin (well, he didn't say anything), Hauser (first line!), Gustav, Granmeyer
- Jowy Points:

NEXT TIME: THE INVASION OF MUSE.

Last edited:

Since you guys haven't been commenting, I've been trying to get PCSX2 to work! I haven't figured out how to screencap yet, but I've gotten up to the name entry screen for SuikoIII-V, which is an awesome sign.

LAST TIME: Jowy's return! Politicking! Highland's invading! Further politicking!

[BGM: none; birds chirping]
We are IN THE INN as it's morning.
nanami.png
: "Hey! Hey! Wake up Odessa and Jowy!! Everyone's meeting outside."
We both get out of bed at the same time! Weird.
jowy.png
: "I'm already awake, Nanami. Actually, I couldn't sleep......"

sles0244220120009001200.png
Pretty small everyone. Also, note where Pilika is.
applejx.gif
: "The Highland Army advance forces are close. If we can beat them, we'll have done our job."
viktorr.gif
: "Our job isn't to defeat the entire Highland Army. If we can slow them down, it'll be enough. But remember, if we don't protect Muse and it falls to Highland, it's all over. So give it all you've got!"
flik.gif
: "Everyone, gird yourselves for battle. We'll go when preparations are complete." Haha, he said gird.

flik.gif
: "Hey, don't be so nervous."
applejx.gif
: "Be careful, Odessa."
viktorr.gif
: "Hey, are you all ready?"
sles0244209000112001554.png

riout.png
: "Not yet."
viktorr.gif
: "Okay, but don't forget anything. You've got to eat, too."
Just because, I make sure I get another Fury Rune. Just got rid of six and a half hours logged, at least three of which were idling.

viktorr.gif
: "Hey, are you all ready?"
riout.png
: "Yes."
viktorr.gif
: "Good, we're just about ready."

[BGM: War]
sles0244220120009002243.png

applejx.gif
: "I can see the Highland Army's advance troops."
solonjhee.png
: "It's that guy, Viktor, again!!! This time I'll kick his ass!" ... Kay.
viktorr.gif
: "Don't worry. All we've got to do is slow them down."
applejx.gif
: "If we can defeat Solon Jhee's unit or buy enough time, they should retreat."
[ Start Battle ]
Flik and Viktor move on their own. Viktor's our standard bearer.
applejx.gif
: "Odessa, are you used to command yet? We've given you two State reinforcement units to command. Good luck."
Viktor's unit (Viktor, Apple, Tuta) has 9 ATT 9 DEF; Flik's (+ Hanna and Tsai) is 10 ATT 7 DEF; mine is 6 ATT 8 DEF; and the state troops are 5 ATT 4 DEF. And Apple keeps yelling at me. Asshole.
The green unit in the middle is Gilbert.
... Huh, Jowy's Black Sword isn't usable. Just his Critical skill.
TURN OVER
viktorr.gif
: "Hey, Flik, See someone you recognize?"
flik.gif
: "Gilbert is it?..... I can't believe he's working for Highland." ... Does Zexen get along with Highland?
applejx.gif
: "Do you.... know him? If only you could get him to switch sides..." THIS IS THE ONLY TIME IN THE GAME YOU CAN RECRUIT GILBERT. Gotta damage him. ... And keep him from dying. It's a pain in the ass.
Haha, hurt Gilbert instantly.
viktorr.gif
: "You've lost your touch!"
gilbert.gif
: "Why you worthless..... Grrr.........."
flik.gif
: "How about it, Gilbert? Why don't you join our side? A proud warrior like you shouldn't take money from a scum like Luca Blight!!!"
Pause.
gilbert.gif
: "I guess this.... is fate..."
Pause.
gilbert.gif
: "Okay, I'll do it."
Gilbert turns around 8D
HIGHLAND ARMY: "Lord Jhee!!! The mercenaries!!!"
solonjhee.png
: "Gilbert!!! You dare betray us!!!!"
gilbert.gif
: "Sorry. I'll send you a refund."

Three knight units on teleport in!
miklotov.png
: "I am Miklotov, Captain of the Blue Knights of Matilda. I'm here to assist Sir Viktor of Muse."
Aaaand I use my single Bright Shield casting to heal Gilbert, which is slightly wasteful but last time I played he died four battles in a row, so.
Miklotov is beating the shit out of Highland. Gilbert is getting the shit beaten out of him by Culgan. Oh, huh, the knight units aren't all the same colour: there's Miklotov's blue knight unit and two white knight units.
Flik just got the crap beaten out of him by Seed.
flik.gif
: "I wasn't supposed to die here!!!" Contrary to what it sounds like, that's his 'safe retreat' message. He can't die afaik, but if he could, he'd go "Urgh... Odessa, I'm coming..." Does that make you sad? It sure makes me sad.

Camus teleports in! Camus's knight unit is red, fittingly.
camus.gif
: "Miklotov, Commander Gorudo orders us to withdraw our forces immediately." What the fuck?
miklotov.png
: "What are you saying, Camus!! Our knights should turn our backs on the enemy and run?!!!"
camus.gif
: "It's a knight's duty to follow the orders of his liege lord. Have you forgotten your oath?" His orders are stupid. Therefore Miklotov never actually heard them.
miklotov.png
: "Damn.............."
The Matilda Knights leave! Fucking Matilda.
flik.gif
: "What's the matter with them!! They're not going to defend Muse!!!!" Of course not. That would make sense.
viktorr.gif
: "It looks like someone is up to some nasty tricks here. If Muse falls, next it'll be your necks on the line...."
jowy.png
: ". . . . . . . . . . . ." Jowy thinks this is really stupid and he is right.

solonjhee.png
: "Ha. Today was just a greeting. Tomorrow, your head will be decorating the walls of this city!" Pleasant.
flik.gif
: "Well try it, if you've got the guts."

[BGM: Victory ~ Staff Roll, I think]
applejx.gif
: "Somehow..... we managed to slow them down."
... and. it froze. Trying again!

applejx.gif
: "Lord Odessa, if your unit is damaged, move it back to the village. Units on top of towns or castles have their damage repaired."
gilbert.gif
: "That's it. Fall back." ... well, at least this time he didn't die.
I like that Seed and Culgan actively avoid engaging Odessa's unit. Our stats are shitty and usually they go for the weaker units, but we're kids so.
THERE, didn't freeze this time.

We are now back in the inn.
viktorr.gif
: "You all fought well. Now everyone get some rest."
Fade out.

sles0244220120009005842.png
Nanami's in my room
sles0244220120009005846.png
And Jowy's in Nanami's, lurking in the corner.
jowy.png
: "......................"
nanami.png
: "Hey, Odessa.... Can I tell you something?
sles0244220120009151128.png

riout.png
: "Sure."
nanami.png
: "Thanks...."
nanami.png
: "Well...... Odessa....... About this battle, do you...."
nanami.png
: "No.... forget about it. There's no choice, I guess... We have to protect ourselves.... Goodnight, Odessa."
sles0244220120009151329.png
Pan over to Jowy talking to a very familiar looking ninja!
jowy.png
: "...... tell them just like that."
KAGE: "I understand. It will be just as you order."
And Kage fades out.
pilika2.png
: [walks in] "...............?"
jowy.png
: "Pilika............ Don't worry...... .... it's just the wind." Oh you're not being suspicious at ALL.
pilika2.png
: ".................."
jowy.png
: "Pilika, hurry and get to sleep." You're in her room, dumbass.
Pilika walks over to the bed on the left.
jowy.png
: "I............ I hope I'm taking the right path." If you have to ask, the answer is no.

Fade out.
[BGM: none; birds chirping]
Odessa and Jowy are in their beds. Nanami walks in.
nanami.png
: "Okay, it's morning. Everyone's waiting downstairs."
We get out of bed!
jowy.png
: "Good morning, Odessa."

We walk downstairs and pan over to Viktor and Flik drinking! As they do. Leona is behind the bar; Pilika is where she usually is between the bar and the stairs.
viktorr.gif
: "Oh, Odessa and Jowy, you're both awake."
nanami.png
: [bounce] "I'm here too."
viktorr.gif
: "Oh? Sorry, sorry. You're going to see Anabelle today, aren't you? Tell her what a great job I did, okay."
nanami.png
: "Who did a great job???"
flik.gif
: "Ha ha ha ha ha. That's right. Anyway, don't go outside of the city. The Highland Army is all around."
jowy.png
: "Okay, let's go, Odessa. Don't you want to hear about Master Genkaku?"
Fade out.

leona.gif
: "Listen. Don't become the type of adult who drinks all night and sleeps all morning, okay." Yeah, because the sort that drinks all night and drinks all morning -- FLIKTOR -- is much better.
I'm pretty sure this is the last chance for fury runes so I'm getting one more. Clear out Jowy's inventory if you haven't yet. Blah blah Warsaw Philharmonic doing super dramatic opening theme; I don't really like the SuikoII opening.

Man that took AGES, wtf.

Okay! TO PLOT!

Once in the town hall...
nanami.png
: "Lady Anabelle....... I wonder what she knows about Grandpa Genkaku?"

A WOMAN IN JESS'S OFFICE: "All I do is file forms, take out forms and re-file forms all day long. What a job."
RANDOM MAN IN A DIFFERENT ROOM: "If you're here for a marriage certificate, I can help you. And you are....?"

sles0244209000112155555.png
Gustav, Granmeyer, Anabelle, and Jess are in her office.
granmeyer.png
: "Lord Gustav, are you saying that Tinto City will not cooperate?" ... It's Tinto.
gustav.png
: "That's not what I'm saying. But as long as we don't know the Highland Army's intentions, I'm not going to commit my troops." They have surrounded Muse. I don't think Luca's bringing flowers!
This bit of fanart is relevant to where my mind went. It is also the most amazing thing. You should click it.
granmeyer.png
: "I think their intentions are clear. Perhaps you're just frightened?"
gustav.png
: "How dare you! It was the South Window Army who retreated at the first sight of blood during the Scarlet Moon Empire war!" Everybody hates Scarlet Moon. Even Scarlet Moon hated Scarlet Moon.
granmeyer.png
: "You're a fool.... War isn't a gambling game......." Okay, I looked for ages and couldn't find any appropriately badass fanart of Vriska, so you'll just have to imagine it and maybe link some in comments.
anabelle0.png
: "Stop it, the both of you. It's no use arguing."
gustav.png
: "In any case, we're not ready to commit troops. That's my decision."
Gustav leaves.
anabelle0.png
: "Whew..........."
Anabelle gets up and walks over to the party.
anabelle0.png
: "Forgive me, Odessa, Nanami. As you can see, we're in the middle of negotiations. Could you come back this evening?"
nanami.png
: "Yes, of course. Let's go, Odessa, Jowy."
Odessa and Nanami walk out. Jowy starts to, but steps back.
jowy.png
: "Lady Anabelle...... Umm... may I ask you something?"
anabelle0.png
: "What is it?"
jowy.png
: "Why are you fighting, Lady? What do you hope to get from this war?" As a guess? Not dying. Not dying is good.
Pause.
anabelle0.png
: "I'll get nothing from it. I fight so we won't lose. I was born in Muse, raised in Muse. It's natural that I want to protect her." Also, Luca exists. Luca exists and really hates Muse.
jowy.png
: "....................." I think his patriotism is a little broken.
Jowy walks out.
nanami.png
: "I was still debating...... Well, she's busy, so let's go."

nanami.png
: "It looks like now is a bad time, let's come back this evening."

sles0244220120009162235.png

flik.gif
: "That was fast. Didn't you get to see Anabelle?"
nanami.png
: "We saw her, but she told us to come back at night. She was really busy. It looked like she was arguing about something."
flik.gif
: "Yeah, well... that figures. She hasn't really seen with her own eyes how scary Blight is."
pilika2.png
: [pushes past Flik and walks over to Jowy] ? "...............????"
jowy.png
: [turns away] "I'm sorry.......... Pilika. Nanami, could you play with Pilika for a little while?"
nanami.png
: "Huh? What? ..... sure I can.... but what's up?"
jowy.png
: "......................" Eloquent.
nanami.png
: "Over here, Pilika. Come play with me."
Pilika walks over to Jowy and bounces.
jowy.png
: "I'm sorry.... Pilika."
Jowy leaves. Fade out.

Upstairs, Pilika and Nanami are in Odessa's room.
nanami.png
: "Odessa....... There's still time before evening. Why don't you get some rest?"
sles0244209000112162820.png
I mean, he keeps saying 'dot dot dot' to everything, and wandering off, and being very suspicious.
riout.png
: "I'm kind of.... worried about Jowy."
nanami.png
: "I know..... Jowy....... What's bothering him....."
pilika2.png
nanami.png
: "It's okay, Pilika. Uncle Jowy isn't... Uncle Jowy isn't mad at you, honey.... It's okay.... it'll be okay."
pilika2.png

sles0244220120009163354.png
Jowy and the ninja, again.
KAGE: ".......... Well, see you later."
And he fades out.
jowy.png
Odessa walks up.
jowy.png
: "Odessa............"
sles0244209000112163558.png

>
riout.png
: "What are you doing?"
>>
jowy.png
: "Yeah......" Wat.
>
riout.png
: "Who was that person?"
>>
jowy.png
: "....... I'm sorry..... Odessa......... I can't say right now....."
jowy.png
: "Odessa............ This war isn't going to end for a long time. You and Nanami should run far away....."
sles0244209000112163956.png

>
riout.png
: "What are you going to do?"
>>
jowy.png
: ".................." UNSUSPICIOUS.
>> Jowy walks towards the stairs, not looking at Odessa.
>>
jowy.png
: "If............ If I was ever killed.... I want you to take care of Pilika..........." ... Jowy, what are you doing.
>
riout.png
: "Yeah......"
>>
jowy.png
: "Another thing..... I don't want..... either of you.... to feel sad.........."
And then he walks away. Fade out.

[BGM: none; crickets]
sles0244209000112172555.png
Anabelle is in her room.
[ Knock knock knock. ]
anabelle0.png
: "Who is that? Who's rude enough to come knocking this time of night?"
The door opens and Viktor comes in and waves.
viktorr.gif
: "Hey, were you awake?"
anabelle0.png
: "I don't have time to sleep."
Viktor reaches somewhere and takes out a green bottle.
viktorr.gif
: "In that case, how about we have a little drink?"
anabelle0.png
: "Ho ho. Sounds nice."
Fade out.
[BGM: Theme of a Moonlit Night]
sles0244209000112172808.png
Viktor pours some into Anabelle's glass.
viktorr.gif
: "I think you'll like this. It's from Kanakan to the south. I saved this one just to drink with you. When my fort burned down, this one bottle was all I could carry."
anabelle0.png
: [looks down, closing her eyes] "Mmmm, nice bouquet."
She sips some, leaning back. Viktor leans forward; he is INTENT!
viktorr.gif
: "So how is it?"
anabelle0.png
: [glare] "Don't stare at me like that. I feel like you're looking right into my heart."
viktorr.gif
: [leans back, hand out helplessly] "Sorry. Just a bad habit of mine."
anabelle0.png
: [blinks and looks at him, eyes half-lidded] "That's right."
viktorr.gif
: [scratches head] ".... You're a tough one."
Anabelle closes her eyes and leans back. Viktor takes a sip and pulls his glass closer to him.
anabelle0.png
: "Whew............. The people of this city are sleeping peacefully now. But the flames of war are coming here soon." [leans forward and opens her eyes] "Even if we gather all the State troops, I wonder what chance we'll have when we come face to face with Luca Blight's unit......"
viktorr.gif
: "Well, about fifty-fifty I guess."
anabelle0.png
: [lowers her head, eyes closed] "I can't... I mean 'We can't' lose. If we lose, we lose everything. All of those lives......."
anabelle0.png
: [looks up, pained] "When I think about it, sometimes I get so sad I even think that maybe we should just surrender quietly......."
viktorr.gif
: "A leader can't think that way. Everyone's fighting as hard as they can. They all have something they want to defend. You do too. Even if it's to save your life, there are some things you just don't do. At least that's the way I see it."
Viktor takes a drink and stands up, leaning on the table.
viktorr.gif
: "I need all of my strength tomorrow. After this drink, I'm gonna get to bed. Lack of sleep makes ya weak."
anabelle0.png
: [leans forward, eyes closed] "Say, if I was born in a different time, a different place, and if I was a little shorter, I might have been a good girlfriend for you, huh." ... Shorter?
viktorr.gif
: [stands up and laughs] "Ha ha ha. Well, you're just fine the way you are if you ask me. Maybe I'm not though."
Viktor starts to walk out, but stops at the door, eyes closed.
viktorr.gif
: "You're a fine, well-bred lady. Me? You couldn't be seen with me. Anyway, see ya tomorrow."
He waves and walks out. She looks down.
Fade out.

Odessa walks into the inn!
nanami.png
: "Welcome back, Odessa. We were waiting for you. Let's go see Anabelle soon, okay."
pilika2.png
: [runs over] ".................."
nanami.png
: "What is it, Pilika? Huh? What? Oh? Jowy? It's strange, I haven't seen him."
nanami.png
: "There's nothing to worry about. He came home before like he promised. Besides, Odessa and I will be back soon, so be a good girl, okay?"
Pilika walks upstairs. Nanami walks over to me.
nanami.png
: "....... Let's go, Odessa."

leona.gif
: "You're going to see Anabelle, right? I'll light a candle. Hurry back, okay. Hurry back."

It's the middle of the night, so everything's closed.
sles0244209000112174321.png

nanami.png
: "Umm... we came to see Anabelle."
GUARD: "Yes.... I heard. Anabelle is in her private room down the hall. Your friend is already back there." ???
nanami.png
: "Our friend???" ?

Fade out.
sles0244220120009174433.png
Anabelle in her room.
TAP TAP TAP on the door.
sles0244220120009174436.png
Anabelle turns!
anabelle0.png
: "Is that you, Odessa? Come in."
Jowy walks in! As soon as he steps in the door, he looks to the sides to make sure no one's hiding in the corners. Oh, Jowy, you so paranoid.
jowy.png
: "Excuse me, Anabelle. May I come in?"
anabelle0.png
: [blink.] "Please.... But Jowy, what do you want at this hour?"
sles0244209000112174649.png
Jowy moves closer, and ...
sles0244209000112174651.png
Jowy draws a knife?!
jowyresigned.png
: "Your life..... I came to take it." Jowy what. Jowy no. Jowy what are you doing. (Note the new portrait sprite! It is the 'Jowy knows he is making a bad decision' portrait.)
anabelle0.png
: [turns back to her cup and closes her eyes] "You're not joking, are you?"
jowyresigned.png
: "Please. Don't scream." ... [claps]
anabelle0.png
: [looks at him side-eyed, not moving her head] "I don't want to believe it, but....."
Jowy lowers the knife a little and looks down, then back at her. He's still holding it and being threatening; he's just ... not at all enthusiastic about it. Pretty much the opposite, really.
jowyresigned.png
: "Forgive me."
Anabelle takes a long slow drink from her cup. Jowy just stands there.
anabelle0.png
: "To protect Muse and the State... and to allow the people here to live full, rich lives..... that is what I must do..."
anabelle0.png
: [turns to Jowy] "Do you have something like that? Something you'll do at all cost?"
jowyresigned.png
: [lowers his head and the knie] "Yes.... I also have something I must do." [raises both to the not actively BRANDISHING it, but still ... knife.]
anabelle0.png
: "Can you bear the burden, Jowy? Do you really have the resolve?" In a word: no. Not really.
jowyresigned.png
: [nods] "Yes, I've got a reason to bear that burden... and I will."
anabelle0.png
: ".................." [turns back to her glass] "Even if I call for help, I suppose I can't stop that knife..."
anabelle0.png
: [looks at him side-eyed again] "Would you at least let me finish this glass?" [closes eyes] "It's from a close friend.... It would be sad to waste it."
sles0244209000112180101.png
Jowy turns, and then lowers his knife further than he is in this cap.
jowyresigned.png
: "............... I'm sorry."
sles0244220120009180235.png
Anabelle throws her glass and lunges!
anabelle0.png
: "You dropped your guard, boy!!!!"
White out.

Back to our tenkai ... Walking over to Anabelle's room!
sles0244209000112180551.png
Anabelle is on the floor.
jowyresigned.png
: "Odessa......."
nanami.png
: [ping! then FREAK OUT as she runs over to Anabelle] "What? What? No! What happened!!!..... Anabelle is............"
sles0244209000112180722.png

riout.png
: "Jowy! What happened!?"
jowyresigned.png
: "Forgive me........... Odessa."
Jowy moves out of the way; Nanami is nervous; Jowy BOLTS OUT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN (there are stairs up that way).
nanami.png
: "W... Wait!.... Jowy!!..."
Anabelle shakes; Nanami goes !; we both kneel in front of her.
anabelle1.png
: "Uh.... uhhhhhh......."
Jess runs in!
jesst.gif
: "Lady Anabelle! The Highland Army has made a surprise night attack!!! Lady Anabelle!!!" [ SHOCK ] "What the........"
jesst.gif
: [runs over] "You!!! What have you done!! What the hell have you done!! Explain yourself!!!!" ... Jess. You're not seriously blaming the people freaking out over Anabelle's giant stab wound, are you.
STATE SOLDIER: [walks in] "Lord Jess, The Highland Army has entered the city!"
jesst.gif
: "What! How could that have happened so quickly!!"
STATE SOLDIER: "It was opened from the inside. Someone must be working with them!!!" ... Jowy, what are you doing.
jesst.gif
: "What!!! Okay, Odessa. Don't move! Hey! Call a doctor!!!"
Jess and the State Soldier leave.
[BGM: Requiem of Grief]
anabelle1.png
: "Odessa......."
sles0244209000112181236.png
I like how he's not casting Great Blessing or better yet Battle Oath. The Bright Shield rune has HEALING SPELLS. That is what it does. That is basically the entire point. What's the point of having a healtastic true rune if you're not going to use it? Gotta say, one of the things I really love about Suikoden V is that Frey? Frey is completely willing to use his Dawn Rune on dying friends. I mean, it doesn't always fix the reason they're dying, but it keeps them from dying long enough to work something out.
riout.png
: "Lady Anabelle, how are you?" 'Oh, I'm fine; I just have this giant stab wound your best friend gave me before he went off to open the gates and let the Highland Army in. I'm peachy, really.' It doesn't matter which you pick.
anabelle1.png
: "Tell Jess.... I don't need.... ....a doctor...." It's only a flesh wound! I've had worse!
anabelle1.png
: "Odessa.... Genkaku's son..... You.... I meant to..... apologize.... to you...... For what... the State... ....and I.... did... to... Genkaku....." I like how no one is actually saying what was done to him. It was pretty awful! But no one's actually, like, giving the kids context. I wonder if Jowy knows.
nanami.png
: "Anabelle.... don't talk...."
anabelle1.png
: "Odessa..... Nanami..... Did you..... were you... were you happy..... with your life with Genkaku?"
sles0244209000112182416.png

riout.png
: "Yes.........."
nanami.png
: "Y.... yes...... Of course............."
anabelle1.png
: "...... Is that so........ Th.... then.... at least..... I can..... rest........ Hurry.... hurry and escape..... The Highland Army.... they... they'll come here first..... Hurry........" Yeah, and running away from your corpse while Jess is already intent on blaming us won't be suspicious at all.
nanami.png
: "But..... but........."
anabelle1.png
: "I..... I.... I have... ... a last.... request.... Don't.... die.... Odessa..... .... Nanami........ Live....... Now hurry..... Hurry and run!!!!!!" I think Odessa already died :')
Nanami stands up.
nanami.png
: "............... .... Let's go.... Odessa."
Odessa stands up, too, and they leave.
anabelle1.png
: "Odessa.... you..... I think.... it was..... fate.......... I think..... fate.... sent.... you.... here...."
Fade out.

[BGM: Suspicion]
nanami.png
: "Odessa!!!! Hurry and run!!!!!"
We move down the steps, and --
nanami.png
: "That's right!! Pilika!!!!! We have to save Pilika!!!!!"

Random encounters with Highland soldiers all the fuck over this town.
When I step into the inn, Pilika runs over from Leona to me.
leona.gif
: "Viktor and Flik went to gather the army to try and buy a little time. They're going to all rendezvous in South Window. I'm getting ready to get out of here! You should escape too. A boat runs from Coronet, south of here, to South Window. What are you waiting for? Hurry up and run!!!!!!"
nanami.png
: "Y... Yes!!!"
[ Pilika joins convoy ]
When we get to the gate, Nanami stops us.
nanami.png
: "Huff huff... If we made it this far we should be fine. How many times have we run like this...."
pilika2.png
Pilika tries to run back into the city, but Odessa stops her.
nanami.png
: "Wait! Pilika!! We can't go back!!!"
pilika2.png
: "Waah...... waaahhh.........."
nanami.png
: "It's okay.... it's okay... Pilika honey......... Jowy will be fine....... We can't go back....."
Fade out.

sles0244209000112183432.png
Odessa keeps rubbing his eyes.
nanami.png
: [looks up] "Pilika... she finally fell asleep. ....................."
He stops rubbing at his eyes.
nanami.png
: "Hey........... Odessa"
He turns to her.
nanami.png
: "Is it true?..... Did Jowy really.... do that to Anabelle.....?"
nanami.png
: "..................... .... No, he would never do such a thing."
nanami.png
: "So what are we going to do now? Do you know what I want? I want to go somewhere far away. Far away from all this war, somewhere in the mountains maybe. We could live a quiet life. We could farm a small field, just the 3 of us......"
sles0244220120009183802.png

>
riout.png
: "That would be nice...."
>>
nanami.png
: "Wouldn't it? Wouldn't it?"
>>
nanami.png
: "Liar!........ I'm sorry......... you're right. That will never happen now. Forget about Jowy.........."
>
riout.png
: "That will never happen now."
>>
nanami.png
: "You're right....... It's impossible.... isn't it. It'll never happen now.... Forget about Jowy..... Sorry.........."
nanami.png
: "I'm tired now............ I'm going to sleep. Goodnight, Odessa."
Fade out.

STATS:
- PEOPLE WITH FACES MET: Gilbert
- Jowy Points: YOU ARE SO DUMPED.

NEXT TIME: I'm on a boat.

Last edited:

Hehe, I also love the way Jowy and other character's portraits change throughout the course of the game!

...I'd also like to point out the advent of Meglotov. In case you hadn't noticed, Miklotov's picture is showing up as Meg.

Apologies for the delay; this was hard to get out and I've been on vacation for a while.

@ESPEON: ... I had not in fact noticed. Thank you; that's fixed in my portrait script aaaaaand now fixed in the thread. Or. Should be fixed. I'm going to assume it's fixed; loading images while on hotel wifi is not so fun, particularly with 50 posts per page.

I said I'd do a Suikogaiden interlude and I am! This post is devoted to Suikogaiden volume 1, chapter 2. ... It being chapter 2 rather than chapter 1 probably seems a bit odd, but the chapters are chronological and chapter 1 is only relevant all the way when we get to Tinto. And even there it's not that relevant. It's just further adventures with Sierra, and I mean, Sierra is cool and all, but I don't really ... care ...

If you'd rather just read the script than my highlights, here you go. And here are all of the images from the first game! (It's big.) (And the second game's images, if you want them.)

SOME CONTEXT: OUR HERO, Nash Latkje, is a Harmonian spy with some history of being in the Howling Voice Guild! That's the group Clive's in that Elza used to be in, more about that as Clive Quest goes on. (Clive Quest is why I keep dropping my playtime down to all zeroes. It's not really that difficult to do Clive Quest without cheating, but no way in hell am I going to manage it without specifically setting out to do so. I like wandering around for hours doing nothing in particular.) This pretty much means that Nash is expected to problem solve using guns, explosives, and poisons, because that is what the Guild does.

Nash is not good at these things.

Nash tries to solve his problems through snark, lies, proverbs, and pickup lines. He is quite possibly worse at these things than he is at doing what is theoretically his job.

Hilarity ensues.

Last chapter, Nash was going about his business of tracking down true runes (he's ... he's Harmonian, it's what they do), and ended up teaming up with an awesome 1000-year-old vampire named Sierra Mikain. She's on a quest to find this asshole who stole her true rune, the Blue Moon Rune, which verbs vampires. Irrelevantly, she's also a vegetarian. (So are Nanami and Zamza, but that's really off-topic.) Back before some jerk stole her rune, none of the vampires in her clan actually needed to eat people, but now she spends her time hunting vampires because eating people is Not Okay. (She doesn't need to eat people because she's the blue moon rune's rightful bearer; even though Some Asshole stole it, it's still hers.)

Doesn't stop her from chewing on Nash, though.

1036stab.png
Sierra vs Sephiroth. I mean. Rean. Yeah. Not at all Sephiroth.

BLAH BLAH Nash tries to get into Muse but the GATEKEEPER IS A JERK. Templeton thinks Nash needs to MOVE FASTER because he is a jerk. Nash's entry permit is a Harmonian forgery, quelle surprise, but Nash tends to actually, like, have a budget so it's a pretty good one and he gets through.
GATEKEEPER: "Sorry for the trouble. It's just that a group of children were caught trying to sneak in with forged permits this morning. How they thought they could pass themselves off as adults is beyond me..."
THAT IS SO COLD SOLIDER-SAN >E >E >E WHY DO YOU NOT APPRECIATE NANAMI'S BRILLIANCE

Templeton goes off to annoy Nash some more after they get through the gates! Templeton notices Nash's accent is funny. Nash is not very happy about this (Highland is kind of a Harmonian protectorate, so being Harmonian while in Jowston is not really a good plan. Though to be fair, everyone hates Harmonia. Harmonia hates Harmonia.) but he is SUPER NONCHALANT yes he's JUST SPENT A LOT OF TIME IN HARMONIA SHUSH 8(

Also Nash is a bit concerned about Templeton's whole 'travelling the world' schtick. Since he's, you know, 14.
TEMPLETON: "I'm going to map the entire world someday! It could take me my whole life, so I figured I'd better get started now, you know?"
... Nash, 'romantist' is not a word. Dumbass. Nash thinks Templeton's plan is stupid, because it is.

TEMPLETON: "Hey, you still haven't told me your name yet."
> "I'm Nash."
TEMPLETON: "Hmm... that's... quite the name." ... My Japanese is pretty bad, but I'd probably go with something like 'Well, that's ... definitely a name'. No clue how accurate that would be; original is 「ふーん、なんか・・・・・らしい名前だね。」
NASH: "...Is that a compliment?"
> "My name's Nash Latkje."
TEMPLETON: "Oooh... you have a last name?! No way, are you a Harmonian noble or something? And maybe you're... traveling incognito?"
NASH: "Ah! No... uh... My social position is such that someday I might be given a last name, so I just went ahead and picked one out."
TEMPLETON: "Hmmm... That's kind of weird."
NASH: "...hahaha..."
> "I don't give my name to children."
TEMPLETON: "You know, I've been around a bit, and I don't appreciate being treated like a child by a complete stranger."
NASH: "...Sorry. Just call me Nash."

iirc, having Nash give his last name costs a point. This is probably because wtf you doing Nash, that is the OPPOSITE OF SUBTLE.

Kinnison drops by, asks Templeton and Nash if they've seen a white wolf running around. Templeton claims Shiro was headed towards the city hall.

Nash pontificates about the fact Muse is effectively at war with Highland despite the peace treaty and mopes that he's not already gone off to do his job and spy on Highand because Templeton's slowing him down.

TEMPLETON: "So, why are you in Muse, Nash?"
NASH: "Well... let's just say I'm sightseeing." SUBTLE.
TEMPLETON: "Sightseeing at a time like this? That's really weird. The Highland army is at the border and nobody knows when the war will start for real, and here you are acting all laid-back."
NASH: "Ah... Well, if war does break out, I might be able to get a glimpse of this infamous Luca Blight character, so that would be fine too."
TEMPLETON: "Now that's going too far! You're not laid-back, you're a complete idiot! The mad prince of Highland isn't something I'd want to see, even at a distance."
NASH: "Jeez, you don't hold anything back, do you? Even if he is a mad prince, as you say, it's not like I'm going to turn to stone if I look at him or something. I'd hightail it out of there the minute things got dangerous."
TEMPLETON: "Determination is a good thing, but it's going to be your undoing... Well, I'm not going to stay in Muse for long: I plan on getting out of here as soon as the Highland troops show up. Can't finish my work if I die, can I? ... By the way, Nash, have you decided where you're staying yet?"
NASH: "This is my first time in Muse. I haven't picked a place to stay. Do you have any suggestions?"
TEMPLETON: "No, this is my first time in Muse as well. That being the case, you want to look around and see if we can find a place to stay, share a room and split the cost?"
NASH: "...Sure. We should be able to get a fairly decent room if we do that. .....Oh! That was quick. Why don't we stay at that inn?"

Nash's internal monologue goes BLAH BLAH BLAH I AM SO BROKE, I AM ALL THE BROKE, AND I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY MESSAGES FROM DOMINGUEZ (... Dominguez is a bird ...) IN AGES AND THE PERSON WHO IS SUPPOSED TO PAY ME IS NOT HERE.

11201leona.png
The person in charge at the inn! Or one of the people in charge.

11001fliktor.png
Some mercenaries at the bar! They are paying NO ATTENTION to Nash whatsoever.

VIKTOR:
"Bah, enjoy your beer, Flik! They'll be fine, they won't get caught again! ... They'll be here soon."
FLIK: "Do they have their permits? ... You did give them to them like you were supposed to, right?"
VIKTOR: "I didn't have time. I tried, but I only got to tell them the meeting place."
FLIK: "So Anabelle knows about it?"
VIKTOR: "Hrn... w-well, I'm sure they'll manage with or without the permits! Hah! Relax, it'll be fine! ... Hey, I'm headin' over to Anabelle's tonight..."
FLIK: "You son of a... Stop trying to dredge up the past--we're not dragging the Toran Republic into this..." I have no clue where Flik is getting Toran from.

Nash notices their repeated mention of Anabelle and decides it is a good idea to EAVESDROP MORE. Asshole.
NASH: "Hey, Templeton. I'm gonna have a quick drink, so you go on up to the room."
TEMPLETON: "Alright. But fyi, I can't stand the smell of liquor, so don't drink too much. Well, see you."

"Templeton left, heading up the stairs. I got a tankard of ale from the proprietress at the counter and slid into a chair (at a table) behind the bearish man. I drank slowly, listening carefully." Haha bear.

FLIK: "Anabelle's probably so busy right now her head's spinning. I doubt she's in any mood to be bothered by the likes of you."
VIKTOR: "Don't worry about it. I'll take some beer with me. It'll be like I'm bringing back a souvenir!"

Nash stares at his beer >E

FLIK: "I see." and then there's something neither the suikogaiden translation project people nor I can figure out. It's probably not important.
VIKTOR: "You should come with me! It'll be fun, especially if you actually drink!"
FLIK: "Nah... I'll pass. I have tact, unlike you. She's got a lot on her hands; we'd just be bothering her."
VIKTOR: "What?! Hey, smart guy. Me and her... we're not like that. I know I'm just a poor, wretched mercenary--I'm no match for the Mayor of Muse. We just go way back. That's all." He calls Flik '青いぐさ'; if you have a better way to phrase it, let me know.
FLIK: "Don't get so worked up, tough guy! I guess if you really need me to keep an eye on you, I'll consider it... but I have no interest in getting mixed up in your little love affair."
VIKTOR: "What the hell d'you mean by that?! Surely ~*~Flik the Blue Lightning~*~ wouldn't get worked up about other people being popular with the ladies, hmm?"
FLIK: "What?! I'm not the one getting worked up! Why don't you try thinking every once in a while? Plus... you've been looking a little heavy lately." Flik the hell does that have to do with anything ...
VIKTOR: [ WAVES BEER ANGRILY. ] "This is muscle!"
And then he accidentally hits Nash in the head with his beer and knocks him out :')
VIKTOR: "Whoa! S-sorry! ...Hey! Snap out of it!"
FLIK: "You meat-head! Hey, Leona! We've got an injured person here! Help!"
LEONA: "Yeah, yeah, I'm coming. Let's see... oh my. You've ruined a good man."

1040templeton.png

Templeton thinks Nash trying to drink with Fliktor was really stupid. Nash thinks Templeton should've warned him Fliktor are Fliktor. Nash is wrong.

"In the end, Dominiguez never showed last night.
Could he have gotten caught up in some kind of trouble along the way...?
Panicked thoughts ran through my mind, even though I knew the chances of anything like them actually happening were slim.
No matter what kind of battle field it was, even surrounded by enemies on all sides with the situation looking girm... he was the kind of guy who would appear, calm as you please, with that innocent expression on his face.
So... what was with this lack of news?
Could he be doing it just to annoy me?"
... nash
nash
it's a fucking parrot.
i mean, it's sasarai's parrot, so you're probably Fucked if something happened to it, but still
it's a parrot
it's not even your parrot
though the parrot probably outranks you
haha, you're outranked by a parrot
... Also, Dominguez is a nasel bird; those are not at the top of the food chain. Ramada in SuikoIV has a pet ... giant ... thing ... that eats them.

Blah blah Nash tries to surreptitiously ask Leona about Fliktor; Leona sees right through him but does say that Fliktor screwed up so some of their friends are in jail.

"The streets of Muse attracted the same sort of crowd they always had.
Protected by the towering walls of their city, the citizens of Muse were hardly even ruffled by the threat of oncoming war. Even if there was a considerable difference in miliary strength, Muse would almost certainly be able to hold its own. It seemed a number of people had (even) come to Muse to take refuge.
"The Kingdom's forces were surely aware of this as well.
"It wasn't by mistake that the "Mad Prince" Luca Blight had been put in charge of the oncoming assault. And the idea probably hadn't been King Agares', uncaring as he was... Luca Blight is a man of resounding military prowess, and his strategies are unparalleled. His unrelenting charges are designed to trick his foes into thinking he was all brawn and no brains. How long would it take for the leaders of the allied forces to notice...?"

Blah blah, Nash goes exploring around Muse. There's a couple ways this can go.

First way, Nash hangs around the city proper and runs into either Annallee or Hauser. With Annallee, he can notice she's Harmonian and admit he is too, but then she notices he's blond and therefore probably one of the few Harmonians with, idk, rights, and it's a Little Awkward. (Harmonia is ... ... ... yeah. Supposedly it's based off Russia.)
Alternatively he can mention he saw up her skirt when she tripped (he literally ran into Annallee ...) and Hanna pops out of nowhere and beats him up. "Ah, but I didn't see anything! It's okay! All there was up your skirt was more skirts!"

With Hauser, Hauser is on his morning jog and informs Nash, "It's best not to wander around lost in thought. Be careful!" Thanks, Hauser! It's good he has lines.

Nash could alternatively go wander around the alleys! Depending on how you've been answering things, he runs into Shiro or someone else. Shiro path is boring.
"Maybe this isn't something to say about yourself, but I certainly have a thing for sticking my nose into trouble..." It'd be fine if you had a thing for getting out of it, too.
1042clive.png
Hi.
CLIVE: "Don't move."
"Not just anyone can sneak up behind me without me being aware of it. I felt him press something against my back..." IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE. Elza/Clive/Nash ot3 for life. Cathari can come too if she's still alive by this point. Better yet, Cathari can be off having awesome threesomes with Lucretia and Lelei. I'm sure Lucretia and Cathari can teach Lelei to share. Eventually. After all, a skilled tactician never engages without a backup plan ;)
NASH: "...Now, that's no way to greet an old friend, is it, Clive?" Yeah, Cathari is way better about greeting her exes than Clive. What are the kids learning these days, honestly.
CLIVE: "Enough idle talk."
NASH: "Haven't you heard? My execution has been postponed indefinitely."
CLIVE: "The Howling Voice Guild is not a single, unchanging unit. Among the elders, there are those who care for formalities... and there are also those who have a more realistic approach to matters. Or hadn't you heard?" The echoing 'hadn't you heard' was added by the translator, but I like it.
NASH: "... So, which one are you?"
"By way of answer, Clive removed the muzzle of his gun from my back. But I couldn't let my guard down. If I made one step out of line, I had no doubt I'd be dead in the blink of an eye. I had caught the attention of a Knight Class Gunner... In an organization that made assasination and protection its business, that was as good as a death warrant. The only thing I could do now was wait for Clive to speak."
CLIVE: "...... The Elders' orders are absolute."
NASH: "I'm lucky it was you..."
CLIVE: "Make no mistake. I'm no friend of yours. Your death can't erase what you've done. But if you want to live a long life, remember... I'm watching you."
".........tch... That was some goodbye. But... what he said is true..."

Regardless, Nash then runs into someone very familiar!
1044pilika.png
Hi, Pilika!
Pilika doesn't start out touching Nash's face; Nash asks her where her parents are and he then realises from her blank expression that she doesn't have any. He tries to give her a hug, but it freaks her out and then he angsts about his hands are ~made for killing~ idk my bff howling voice guild.

But then she reaches out to touch his face and he's like SO YOU STILL BELIEVE IN THE KINDNESS OF OTHERS HUH MAYBE IF I STILL HAVE JULIE WOULDN'T HAVE ... (Julie is Yuuri, btw, but it's officially been Julie somewhere supposedly)

1045oops.png
And then Nanami figures out where Pilika went off to. Sorry, Nash!
SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG PILIKA-CHAN IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF THAT STINGY OLD MAN 8( IF HE'D ADMITTED DEFEAT EARLIER WE'D BE OFF ALREADY JOWY MUST BE WORRIED SICK
and then she notices
that
whoops
nash exists
"SORRY I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE YOU" "i got that would you get off of me now" "Hey, hey, what were you doing down there, anyway?"
"Are you like a mother to her?" "MOTHER!? NO WAY I'M ONLY SIXTEEN GET YOUR EYES CHECKED" thank you nanami
And then Nanami decides she will make lunch for Nash as thanks for looking after Pilika.
Nash doesn't have a vote in this.
She is going to make him lunch.

NANAMI: "Yeah! This guy was nice to Pilika-chan, so as thanks I want to throw a feast in his honor! You'll let me use the kitchen, right, Leona?"
LEONA: "Sure, of course you can use the kitchen. But... are you really going to thank Mr. Nash here with... your... cooking?"
NANAMI: "So you're called Mr. Nash! Well, Mr. Nash, the food'll be ready in just a minute, so hold tight! I'll whip you up a plate of 'Chachacha Papa'!"
NASH: "Alright, I look forward to it!"
LEONA: "She's gonna 'treat' you, huh..."
PILIKA: "........."

"I didn't really understand what was going on, but it seemed like I was getting a meal out of it, one way or another/somehow.... how lucky!

[ SUDDENLY NANAMI WITH STEW. ]
NASH: "Thanks for waiting! Here it is, Nanami-chan's special beef stew! Hurry, before it gets cold!"
NASH: "Wow, done already? That sure was fast..."
NANAMI: "When it comes to cooking, speed is crucial!"
"As she spoke, Nanami dished a generous helping of soup out into a bowl, and then handed it to me, grinning widely."
NANAMI: "Well, hurry and give it a try! It's absolutely / amazingly / over-the-top delicious, packed with nutrients--it earns a perfect score! It'll pep you right up!"
NASH: "Wow, it sure smells good! Okay, I'll take you at your word... ......hm?"
"Just as I brought the spoon to my lips, my eyes met those of the bartender, who was watching the proceedings with an intense look on her face."
"It couldn't be..."

> [ Pay it no mind--eat away! ]
"Nah, it was probably just my imagination. If someone could make a soup that smells this good taste bad, then they really would have to be some kind of genius. My hand had paused in doubt for a second but, having reassured myself, I resumed the spoon's journey from the bowl to my mouth." I wonder if that's less stupid in Japanese.
NASH: "Thanks for the food!"
NANAMI: "Eat up!"

> [ Decline after all... ]
"There was something off about all this... I lowered the spoon, and the proprietress sighed in relief. What in the world was going on here...?"
NASH: "Oh, wait a minute! Sorry, I just remembered, I have to go see a guy about a thing." Princess Tutu is flying right there! No, maybe it's a crocodile? Really, I thought I saw a flying cow ...
NANAMI: [downcast] "...I see..."
NASH: "Eh?! N-no, I really did just remember that I've got someone to meet..."
NANAMI: "Don't try that on me! I know what you're up to!"
NASH: "No, but..."
NANAMI: "........."
NASH: "......Alright. I'll just give it a taste before I go. I'll eat the rest later. Is that alright with you?"
NANAMI: "Yeah..."

1046nanamistew.png
And then Nash passes out after a single spoonful.

NANAMI: "Kyaaaaaaaaaah! Mr. Nash!! Mr. Nash!!!"
LEONA: "I knew it..."

Cut to Nash in bed with Templeton looking over him:
TEMPLETON: "Say, Nash... hasn't anyone ever told you that nothing good ever comes of being too soft-hearted?"
NASH: "... Maybe once or twice."

Wow, this is getting really long; splitting it! Going to try to finish this tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom