• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

LET'S PLAY SUIKODEN; FUCK YEAH GS4

Re: LET'S PLAY GENSUI I + II -- NAME MY 幻水II CASTLE

Splitting up this update into two posts because 15 KB seems to be about the most the server can tolerate....

OKAY these links should work; they're a multi-part rar of Suikoden I and II. [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ]

LAST TIME: TAKE THAT, HIGHLAND! But Jowy, what are you doing?

Fade into Odessa in the room in Two River, with Fitcher next to the bed.
fitcher.gif
: "Lord Odessa, Lord Odessa, please get up!"
sles0244220120104215144.png

riout.png
: "Huh?"
fitcher.gif
: "What happened? After the battle ended, you just passed out. So, did you sleep well? If you're well enough, go see Lord Makai. Lord Shu is there too." Because doing things involving thinking anytime within a day of passing out is definitely a good idea. 8| Also, starting up a count of Riou's fainting spells. Have there been any before this one? I don't remember any, but I also didn't remember that Riou passes out when Jowy gets promoted the first time.

Just bought Recipe #32 from the item shop.

To the town hall! Ridley, Makai, Shu, and Viktor are there.
[BGM: Heart Softening Music of some sort]
makai.png
: "Lord Odessa, we've been waiting for you. Are you feeling better?"
viktorr.gif
: "Long time no see Odessa. You're a real hero, aren't you? I wasn't able to help out at all." Seeing 'Odessa' as the name for lines like this makes me smile.
ridley.gif
: [looks at Viktor and Shu] "No, without your reinforcements, the Highland Army wouldn't have withdrawn like they did. That and the volunteer army from Kobold Village.... Hey, was that your doing, Lord Shu?" I do like Ridley.
shul.png
: "All I did was tell them the situation. It was General Ridley's reputation that prompted all those volunteers to join." Aww, Shu's not being an asshole. How sweet!
makai.png
: [steps up] "Lord Odessa, somehow we were able to protect Two River. But the Highland Army still hasn't withdrawn from State territory. Let's fight together. With your help, I actually think we can win this war." You make it sound like I'm not the one doing all the everything.
ridley.gif
: "When you need it, you can count on our full support!"
makai.png
: "And another thing, Fitcher, you're fired." Asshole.
fitcher.gif
: [nervous] "Huh! But, but Lord Makai. I fought too! Well, I didn't exactly fight, but......"
makai.png
: "Yes, I know you did your best. I'm firing you for a different reason." 'You're annoying as hell.'
fitcher.gif
: [relaxing] "What is it?"
makai.png
: "Lord Shu asked if I would please lend him your services. He needs your skill to help heal the City-State. Instead of Two River, you'll be more useful working for the Sowston Army." I bet Shu just bribed Luc until Luc pointed out stars of destiny for him.
fitcher.gif
: [spins] "Huh?...... Well, I see. In that case, I'm pleased to work for you, Lord Shu."
shul.png
: [walks up] "Yes, I'm going to get a lot of use out of that clever mouth of yours." ... WOW. On a related note, Shu takes his hand out of his pocket on all of three occasions throughout the game. One of those is to hit Riou in the face with it. Gross, Shu.
[ Fitcher joined the group! ]
viktorr.gif
: "Well, let's go back, Odessa. This is a nice town, but we have lots of work to do."
Fade out.

Shu, Viktor, and I are in front of the town hall.
shul.png
: "Okay, I'll organize the troops and get back to Sewer Castle. You can return by boat, Lord Odessa. I'm sure Amada is already sick of waiting."
viktorr.gif
: "Well, I'll see you at home."
Viktor goes, with Shu following him.
fitcher.gif
: "Okay, boss, shall we go?"

I head to the Kobold District!
left guard: "Lord Ridley -- Bark! -- isn't back yet, so I can't let you in."
right guard: "We're sorry -- Bark! -- We misjudged you humans, but you still can't come in."
Odessa goes ? and walks back.
Sigh, guess I'll do that later.

... oh.
By the entrance of Two River is Chaco!
chaco.gif
: "Hey, Odessa, are you leaving already?"
sles0244204010112222606.png

riout.png
: "I guess so."
chaco.gif
: "Hmph. That's cold! I thought we became such good friends and everything...."
sles0244204010112222705.png

riout.png
: "You're not going to stay in this town?"
chaco.gif
: "I love this town. That's why I'm gonna go. I think if I go with you, I can help end this war quicker. Don't ya think?"
sles0244204010112222805.png

riout.png
: "Yeah, you're right."
chaco.gif
: [boing] "Thanks, leader!!! Okay, let's go!!!"
[ Chaco joined the group! ]
chaco.gif
: "Thanks, leader. Here's the wallet I promised."
[ Your money was returned ]
fitcher.gif
: "My, my wallet."
chaco.gif
: "Oh yeah, I used what was in there." ilu
fitcher.gif
: [walks over to be intimidating] "What did you say?"
chaco.gif
: [backs up] "Don't get so mad. There was hardly any in there."
And he bolts.
fitcher.gif
: "Wait!!!! You little punk!!!!"
Fade out.

I'm on the world map, but I hop into Two River to go to the Kobold District.
gabocha.gif
: "Huh? What is it?"
Gonna have to come back with Gengen.
I head to the item store and buy a few bunches of fried tacos!
... What's 'kobold pie' made from?
Ooooh, the armorer has silver hats in rare finds.
There's a dude with dreadlocks in the middle of town.
bob03.gif
: "What's your business with me!!!"
sles0244204010112223437.png

riout.png
: "Hey, join our group."
bob03.gif
: "Hmm, working hard, aren't you? What's the point of getting all these people together, anyway? Well, I don't even care."
Thanks, Bob.
kobold: "You're the leader of the Sowston Army? Then are you friends with Captain Gengen? You are? Awesome!"
Oh hey I can head north to Greenhill.

[BGM: Imprisioned City]
highland soldier: "Greenhill has fallen to the rule of the Kingdom of Highland. None shall pass. Run along now." :(

sles0244204010112223930.png
I step into Forest Village... [ CLIVE QUEST ]
clive.gif
: [looks around for a while ...] "The woman is here, in this village... Odessa, come with me for a moment."

sles0244204010112224553.png
I actually did the bits below this first while looking for her. She's behind the village elder's house.
clive.gif
: [tries to sneak up on her.] "I have arrived... We will finish this, here and now..."
ELZA: "Eh... eh..." NO PORTRAIT :') Her eyes are closed.
clive.gif
: "As an enforcer of the Howling Voice Guild..."
ELZA: [moves to the side] "Wh... what... Stop..."
There is a clicky noise. I assume Clive's removing the safety.
clive.gif
: [moves to tree] "My gun, Sturm, shall be the judge of your death. As a Gunner, I..."
ELZA: [backing away very slowly.] "N... no... stop..." [turns away]
clive.gif
: "What??" [walks over]
ELZA: "Ee... Eeek!"
clive.gif
: ! "This... this is not Elza!! Who are you!?"
MY FACE, MEET PALM
ELZA: [backing away] "I... I beg you, don't kill me... I'm just upholding my promise... She told me to stand here every day for a week, wearing this..." wat
clive.gif
: [runs into her, because she's clearly not traumatised enough] "What!? Then, where did she go!?"
ELZA: "I... I don't know... She said something about Matilda, I think..."
clive.gif
: [fuming] "Damn! After I've come so far... That woman... how long does she think she can toy with me!?"

WELL THAT WAS SPECIAL.

little girl: "My big bro Connell's been all the way to Crystal Valley! He studied to be a phonologist there. What? It means he works with sounds."
connell.gif
: "Good afternoon. My name is Connell, I'm a phonologist. Nice to meet you!"
connell.gif
: "Hello again. What's a phonologist do? We study sounds."

wakaba.gif
: "Hey there! I'm Wakaba!! I'm on a training journey with my master. But... he told me to search for worthy opponents and took off..."
wakaba.gif
: "Hey there, Odessa!! Yup, my master still hasn't come back."

tonyl.gif
: "Good afternoon. My name's Tony. And you are? Odessa, I see, nice to meet you. I'm working for the village elder right now... because of the Highland Army..."

But anyway, since I have tacos and apparently can't currently get Wakaba or Tony (or Connell? though that's also because I don't have a Sound Set with me), I'm heading back to Lakewest!

shilo.gif
: "What??? Go home and suck on your mama's teat, boy!!! Ya here me!!!!!!" Asshole, he's an orphan.

Let's see, hello Tetsu.
sles0244204010112230023.png
I ate a bunch of tacos and now I'm exuding gas. (It's the 'toasty' status effect, caused by ... baths and tacos. I don't even.)
tetsu.gif
: "Hey, that's a nice clean-lookin' face ya got there!!!!! Ya look all 'toasty' like ya just came out of the bath. So what do ya think? Do ya like baths?"
sles0244204010112230231.png

riout.png
: "But of course!!!!!"
tetsu.gif
: "Really?? That's great!!! I knew it! My name is Tetsu and I make baths. Lately with all this war going on, my baths are gettin' broken faster than I can make 'em!!!! So how 'bout it? You want me to make some custom baths for your place?" WHY NOT.
sles0244204010112230436.png

riout.png
: "Yes, please!!"
tetsu.gif
: "Okay!!! Just leave it to me!!!!!"
[ Tetsu joined the group! ]
tetsu.gif
: "So where's your house!!!!!! Sewer Castle? Oh you mean near there, eh? Good, I'm looking forward to it. By the time you get home, there'll be a beautiful new bath waitin' for ya!!!!"

I could go to Kobold Village, but going there without Fliktor is just sort of wrong. Also I really don't look forward to doing the main recruitment quest there without Viki.

Guh, my gas is so bad I exude smoke from my ship.

Apparently that's insufficient to prevent wigging outs, oh well.

Back at the castle...

sles0244204010112231025.png
I explore and find a weird guy in yellow!
haiyo.gif
: "Don't worry!!! Leave it to me!!!!" You're scary. Can I replace you with your dead ex-girlfriend?
haiyo.gif
: [boing] "If you want good food, you gotta have a pro to cook it!! So leave it to me!!!!"
Hai Yo looks around, then goes ! and runs over to me.
haiyo.gif
: "I know who you are!!! Leader of the Sowston Army!!! You're Lord Odessa!!!!!"
man next to him: [walks up] "Hey you! Wait!!"
haiyo.gif
: [boing] "Hey, hey!! I'll make delicious food for you!!!!! Please hire me!!!!"
sles0244204010112231544.png

riout.png
: "Really?" TELL ME MORE
haiyo.gif
: "But of course. Just leave it all to me!!!"
[ Hai Yo joined the group! ]
haiyo.gif
: "Well, I'll get right to work!"
He whistles as he walks off.
guy: "Is it really okay, Odessa? You wanna have a strange guy like that join our group?" Can't be worse than Sanchez.
Fade out.

woman in café: "Oh, Lord Odessa, we were just talking about you... What were we saying? Hee-hee-hee....." In SuikoIII, you can eavesdrop on random people having 'hot or not' conversations about stars of destiny.
sles0244204010112232017.png
I may or may not have just spent thirty seconds watching Hai Yo fry rice.

Oh hey, Ridley took the room Shu used to have.

I now have a giant garden!
futch.gif
: "This place.... It reminds me of that garden..." I'm sad now.

Taki hangs around near Richmond and gives random advice.
taki.gif
: "Hello, sonny. Don't ever put melted cheese and beer together in your mouth."

Huan no longer asks me about my bowels. Not sure if disappointed.

I'm actually doing this segment after typing up the ending plot bit of this update and the beginning of the next one, but that's because I'm right near a Point of No Return for a while and I like getting my recruiting dealt with as soon as possible. This may mean I end up getting Team Kobold Village before getting Viki, which is something I should really punch myself for, but hey.

For now, making my party be Odessa / Gengen / Chaco / Nanami. The two empty spaces are entirely intentional" going to try doing some Greenhill area recruits. Guh, stupid castle size two: where did I park my boat?! Note to self: don't ever enter through the town while looking for the boat.
I think I might actually need Tai Ho with me to get Shilo, but that's not really what I currently care about.
I head off to Two River! And buy two wizard runes and a warrior rune while there, fuck yeah.
First stop? The sewers! Remember that pathway I mentioned?
sles0244204010112144644.png
This one?
sles0244205010112142340.png
I follow along it, which is pretty easy even though I can't see since it's all straight lines, and come to someone's room!
chaco.gif
: "This place... it couldn't be...."
Fade out. OVER A BLACK SCREEN:
sid.gif
: "Hoo hoo hoo..... hee hee hee.... CHAAAAAACO......."
chaco.gif
: "Yaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!"
sles0244205010112142527.png
Fade back in to there being a CREEPY AS FUCK winged horde behind Chaco! ... Incidentally, when Clover tried the WHAT STAR OF DESTINY ARE YOU quiz, she got this guy. (Also Ledon.)
sid.gif
: "Here I am, Chaco!"
chaco.gif
: ! [RUNS TO TABLE] "S... Sid!....."
sid.gif
: "Long time no see, Chaco. Not even going to say hello?"
He steps over slightly.
chaco.gif
: "Stop! Don't come here!!! Stay away from me!!!!!!!"
sid.gif
: "WHAT'S WRONG, CHAAAAAACO?"
chaco.gif
: [spinning and freaking out] "Waaaaaah!!!!!!!! I'm sorry!!!!! Please stop!!!!!!! I'll do whatever you say!!!!!" Gee, if Sid is at all representative of the winger population (and Landis is definitely cut from the same cloth) then no wonder no one likes them.
Pause.
sid.gif
: "Okay. Good boy, Chaco."
chaco.gif
: "Whew........."
sles0244205010112142854.png

riout.png
: "Chaco, who is this?"
sid.gif
: [walks up] "My name is Sid. I'm Chaco's..... well, I'm sorta like Chaco's big brother."
chaco.gif
: [steps up] "Liar!!!!! You treat people like me like I'm your personal toy!!!! What are you doing here!!! I thought you left this town!!!"
sid.gif
: "Left town? That was a lie. I just didn't want anyone to find me. I like it down here."
chaco.gif
: [pissed] "What!!!!!! We had a going away party for you! You got presents and everything!!"
sid.gif
: "Yeah, I really appreciated those. They were great presents. I felt kinda bad though... for about 5 minutes."
chaco.gif
: [pissed] "F, five minutes....... You have some nerve....."
sid.gif
: "'Some nerve?', Chaco? You sure you wanna talk to me that way? Eh, 'Chaaaco'?....."
Chaco bounces and turns away.
sid.gif
: "So anyway, Chaco, what are you doing with yourself now?"
chaco.gif
: "Hmm, you think I'm gonna tell you that....."
sid.gif
: [steps closer to Chaco :)] "Chaaaaacooo!!!! I'm gonna eat you!!!!!"
chaco.gif
: [nervous] "Yaaaaah!!!!! Okay, okay, I'll tell you. I'm a member of Odessa's Sowston Army."
sid.gif
: "Hmmmm......... The Sowston Army eh?....... Okay, I've decided. I'll go with you!!!"
chaco.gif
: ! "WHAT?!!!!!!!!"
sid.gif
: "I'm getting tired of this place. Besides, I can't let my little brother get hurt, can I?"
chaco.gif
: [pissed] "Liar!!!!!! You don't care about me!!! If anyone's gonna hurt me, it'll probably be you!..."
sid.gif
: "Chaaaaaaco....."
chaco.gif
: [backs up] "Eeeeeeek........"
sid.gif
: [walks back to Odessa] "So it looks like I'll be joing you, eh. Good to meet you, Odessa."
[ Sid joined the group! ]
sid.gif
: "Well, I'll see you back at the castle, okay."
CACO: "Noooo!!!!! No!!!!!!!! Please don't come!!!!!"
sid.gif
: "Ha ha ha ha heh heh heh"
And Sid walks off.
chaco.gif
: [sweatdrop] "No, I'll have nightmares...."

TO THE KOBOLD DISTRICT!

sles0244220120105144207.png
Gabocha sees me when I enter his house.
gabocha.gif
: ! "Gengen!!!!!!"
gengen.gif
: "Gabocha!!!!!"
gengen.gif
: "Gabocha, how are you? You been good?"
gabocha.gif
: "Yeah! Gengen, what happen to mercenaries?"
gengen.gif
: [looks to the side, then back at Gabocha] "The Mercenaries were beat by bad guys... But Gengen gfought hard!"
gabocha.gif
: "Wow.... that great..... Gabocha want to see Gengen fight like that....."
gengen.gif
: "I'm sorry, Gabocha, but you're too small to go to battle. You wait here for Gengen to come back."
gabocha.gif
: [bounce] "Yeah okay, Gengen."

gabocha.gif
: "Wow, Gengen big brave warrior.... Me want to be like that...."
sles0244205010112144509.png
I step out and Gabocha follows, whistling. Gabocha get!

And because I have empty party slots, I then idle between Greenhill and Two River until --
sles0244205010112145409.png
Where did that squirrel come from? Makumaku get.
And then because I have another empty slot, I idle between the Forest Village and Greenhill! It's not uncommon to need to idle for a really, really long time, which is why I'm doing this now, while working on laundry. I just move until I get into a battle every once in a while to see if I have a squirrel. By the way, if you missed Mukumuku back in Kyaro, you can get him this way between Greenhill and Muse. It's a pain in the ass.

Well, I idled looking for Mikumiku for a good long time and no luck, so back towards Sewer Castle I go. --!
I walked off to look at the neighbour's chickens, still in Mikumiku's area, and
sles0244205010112170409.png
HI MIKUMIKU
I stop by Two River on the way back and pick up another Wizard and Warrior rune. Fuck yeah, infinite money trick.

Aaaand I stop by Shilo while in Lakewest to see if he likes me now.
shilo.gif
: "Eh? What the...? I don't play with brats. But you seem different. You're not like the rest of those snotty-nosed brats. What do ya want with me?"
sles0244205010112170827.png

riout.png
: "I challenge you." ... to a pokémon battle!
shilo.gif
: "Ah here you are!!! Okay, but I don't want to hear anybody crying, get me!!!"
And then I play chinchirorin a bit.
riout.png
: "Join our group."
shilo.gif
: "Huh? Join your group??? What group??? The Sowston Army, eh???? A leader eh????? Huh? You're the leader of the Sowston Army????? I wonder about that... Okay, here's what I'll do. A competition!!!!!! If you win 5,000 potch or more from me, I'll join your group!!!! Okay? Let's do it!!!!!"
shilo.gif
: "He he, I'm not surprised. Ya gotta be pretty damn lucky to become leader of whole army!!!" Relevantly, Riou has the second-highest luck in the game. (Viki has the highest. Viki always either has incredibly good luck or incredibly bad luck; she's never just average.)
shilo.gif
: "Okay, a promise is a promise. I'll join your band of merry fellows. Glad you'll have me!!!"
[ Shilo joined the group! ]
shilo.gif
: "Well, I guess I'll have to close up here. I've got no regrets. It's on to newer adventures!!!"
sles0244205010112171643.png
Incidentally, there are some people in the Lakewest inn I'm going to steadfastly ignore because 1. their quest is painful with neither Stallion nor Viki and 2. I should make sure to have Fliktor with me when I say hi.

On that subject, I put Fliktor in my party when I get back to my castle and head off to Radat.
stallion.gif
: "Huh? What? Never seen ears like mine before? That's right, there aren't any other elves around here. Me? My name is Stallion. I'm the fastest elf alive. When I'm running away, that is. When Greenhill was attacked by Highland, I was the only one that wwas able to escape the Highland soldiers. I ran away and came all the way here. Oh, by the way... What do you want?"
sles0244205010112172356.png

riout.png
: "Please join our group."
stallion.gif
: "Yeah, well I'm in training anyway....."
stallion.gif
: "Hey why don't we have a race. Are you ready?" I don't actually know.
sles0244205010112172452.png
Looks like I have actually fled from at least 50 battles! (Letting things go counts as running away.)
stallion.gif
: "Huff... huff... huff. Wow. I didn't know there were such fast humans. Of course I did let you win...."
He runs around me, examining me.
stallion.gif
: "Okay. I've decided. I'm going to join the Sowston Army too. Of course I'll join. Of course, it's only so I can study how you run so fast." ... So basically you're going to stare at my calves all day? ... I guess I'm fine with that.
[ Stallion joined the group! ]

And now, actual plot for a bit, and then I'll diverge for Hix and Tengaar (and the remaining squirrels, if I'm lucky) next update.

sles0244220120105131742.png
To the war room! Pilika bounces when she sees us.
flik.gif
: "Yo! Great results, eh, Leader?"
nanami.png
: "Of course! It's cause I'm with you."
eilie.gif
: [step up] "Well, as long as you're all right, everything's fine." Subtle as fuck.
pilika2.png
: [boing, boing, runs over to me] ". . . . ."
viktorr.gif
: "Looks like she was worried about you too. You sure are popular, Odessa! Ha ha ha ha ha!"
shul.png
: "Well done, Lord Odessa. Gaining Two River as an ally is a big step forward, but I'm afraid we can't waste time rejoicing."
viktorr.gif
: "Did something happen, Mr. Strategist?"
shul.png
: "Lord Odessa must be tired. I'll explain in detail tomorrow... Everyone get some rest, and report to the war room in the morning." SEE, I KNEW IT GOT CALLED THE WAR ROOM IN THIS GAME TOO
Shu walks off.
viktorr.gif
: "I wish he'd tell it to us straight..."
Fliktor walk off and fade out.

STATS:
- Stars of Destiny: 42 + Fitcher + Ridley + Tetsu + Hai Yo + Sid + Gabocha + Shilo + Stallion = 50 / 108 + Makumaku + Mikumiku
- Jowy Points: GJ CONQUERING GREENHILL
- Times Fainted: 1, unless I've forgotten some.
- Game Overs: 2 total
- Bathrooms: 0

NEXT TIME: Hix! Tengaar! Unicorns! Shu-tastic cliffhangers! Flik-sensei and his magical skills to talk to animals!

Hehe, I'd never used the Kindness rune. Guess I should have done! Also never noticed the thing about the empty barrel with something in it. You might want to change the thread title considering your castle is now named, by the way! Keep up the good work. :D

Re: LET'S PLAY GENSUI I + II

This update's also a multi-parter! ... It's also got three separate causes of 'what the fuck'. I just. I just work here, okay.

LAST TIME: Two River get! ... But Jowy got Greenhill. Fuck.

sles0244220120105132352.png
It is morning! Eilie is in what will now become her customary place in the morning: at my desk. What the FUCK?
... [says hi.]
eilie.png
: "No, I don't have anything in particular to talk about, I was just wondering how you were doing...." Yeah that explains why you're in my room.

Oooh, my suggestion box got its first thing!
Apple sent a letter titled 'Thank you'.
sles0244220120105132839.png
"Lord Odessa, I'll never forget how you helped me find the coin that day at the river. Thank you. -- Apple"

This is actually where I stopped at to go do half of the recruitments last update! Oooh, time travel.

... Huh, Rina moved to the bar.
bar
rina.png
: "Oh? Odessa, it's you.... Be nice to my sister, hee hee. The poor little thing is so shy." Yeah, that explains why she's in my room every morning.
And now she's left the bar. So has Humphrey! I find it neat how many of the stars of destiny wander around the castle.
On a whim, I check out the cemetary near the docks. Sid's there, of course, and ...
sles0244205010112174612.png
soldier: "Lord Odessa..... This guy... he used to be in the same unit as me..." :( :( :(
The one in the top right corner is labelled as 'Daisy's grave'. There's also one labelled 'Kyu's Grave', and 'Joe's Grave'.
sles0244205010112174916.png
"Coffin 'Did that thing just move.....?'" HAHAHA

TO LAKEWEST because I make good decisions, but at least I have Stallion with me to make this less painful.
sles0244205010112171643.png
Tengaar keeps hopping up and down.
tengaar.png
: "Come on, are you a man or not? If you want to become a real warrior quickly, this is the only way!"
hix.png
: "But Tengaar, you're talking about intentionally putting ourselves in danger..." Poor you.
tengaar.png
: "Oh, we'll be fine! You're a warrior from Warrior's Village. You mustn't show fear."
hix.png
: [nervous] "It's not that. I'm worried for you..."
tengaar.png
: [annoyed] "But you'll protect me, of course! Won't you?"
hix.png
: [sweatdrop] "Well... Yes, but..."

Tengaar goes back to bouncing frequently.
I go say hi! Fliktor pop out, and Tengaar is pinged!
tengaar.png
: "Huh? Ahhhh!!!!! Mr. Flik! Mr. Viktor! You're ALIVE!? I thought... What happened!?" [cough]
viktor.png
: "Well we just had a little mishap."
flik.png
: [pissed] "It's your fault! We were almost killed cause of you!"
hix.png
: "Mr. Flik! Mr. Viktor! You're alive! I'm so glad..." It's so Warrior's Village here.
viktor.png
: "Sorry, sorry! I didn't mean to make you worry."
flik.png
: "Hix, are you doing that ritual journey of manhood?" In which they learn how to look in their boxers for dongs.
hix.png
: "Y... Yes."
flik.png
: "Oh yeah? Good luck!"
hix.png
: "Mr. Flik, when will you be coming home to the village?" Errrr.
flik.png
: "Huh? M... me? I... Uh..."
tengaar.png
: "Shh, Hix, don't tease him! Mr. Flik still hasn't completed his own journey to manhood!"
flik.png
: [sweatdrop] ". . . . . . . . . . . . ."
viktor.png
: "Ha ha ha ha ha! That must be embarrassing..."
tengaar.png
: [bounce] "Well, Hix, let's go. Follow the road to the South to get to Kobold Village. Let's not dawdle!"
Tengaar walks out the building, then says...
tengaar.png
: "Hey, I'll leave without you."
hix.png
: [boing] "H... Hold on Tengaar!"
And he nervously runs out.
viktor.png
: "They're in quite the rush, eh."
flik.png
: "They haven't changed a bit."

Before I head off to follow them, I head to the overworld between Greenhill and the Forest Path to Matilda, since hey, squirrels. Mekumeku get! Mekumeku is the green ranger, btw.
sles0244205010112180758.png
Aaaaand to this little clearing south of Forest Village for Mokumoku.
Haven't found him yet, so I head to Forest Village to see if the people there now want to join me.
wakaba.png
: "Hey there! Well, I haven't been able to find any strong fighters anyway. Hey, hey, Odessa, do you know any?"
sles0244205010112182045.png
She wanders off the map if you say "How 'bout that guy..."
riou.png
: "What about me?"
sles0244205010112182122.png
[tonfa spin]
sles0244205010112182123.png
I'm fucking awesome.
wakaba.png
: "Wow!!! Amazing!!!! Yeah, yeah!! Even I can tell how strong you are!!"
And I put them away.
wakaba.png
: "Thank you so much!! Now all I have to do is find my master!!"
[ Wakaba joined the group! ]
wakaba.png
: "Let's go, Odessa!! I think my master may have gone to Matilda!!" And he is, in fact, in Rockaxe, but only if Wakaba's not in your party. Can't actually recruit him until Tinto.
Fuck, she joined my party. No Mokumoku for right now, I guess!
An old man in the trading post (I stopped in to buy some salt and sugar to give to Hai Yo) gave me an Old Book Vol. 6.
tony.png
: "Oh, hi there, Odessa. It's been a while. Hey... did I ever tell you... I used to have a little field near Muse, you know. During the battle between the Highland Army and those mercenaries, my field was trampled... Somehow I was able to run all the way here... I'm no good at anything but gardening, though, so they're always mad at me here."
tony.png
: "I'd like to have another field to work in someday."
sles0244205010112182627.png

riou.png
: "Then come to Sewer Castle."
tony.png
: "Sewer Castle?? Where's that??"
Fade out.
tony.png
: "Wow, really? I didn't know. I mean, I knew the war was still continuing, but... out here in the country, you know... Anyway, would it really be okay for me to come? Oh, but..."
tony.png
: "I'm sorry, Odessa... I can't go. The village elder needs me, and..."
village elder: "Tony."
He walks in. Tony jumps.
tony.png
: "Oh, Mr. village elder, sir!! I'm sorry, I wasn't ignoring my duties..."
elder: "I know, Tony. Don't worry about me. Go on with young Odessa here."
tony.png
: "R, really, sir? . . . . . . . But, after you took me in and all..."
elder: "It's the middle of a war. Of course I took you in! Tony, if you join the Sowston Army, then the war will end that much quicker. That will be more than enough payment for me."
tony.png
: "Thank you so much, sir."
[ Tony joined the group! ]
tony.png
: "Odessa! I promise, I, I'll do my best!! To end this war as soon as possible!!" Yay, we have food.
Fade out.
village elder: "Well then, Lord Odessa, please take care of Tony."
village elder: "Hey, how's Tony doing? Oh yeah, could you give this to him the next time you see him? Thanks a bunch." [ You got Spinach seedling ]
Well, since getting Mokumoku is not currently in the cards, back to Hix and Tengaar I go!

sles0244205010112184055.png
Hix is walking up to Tengaar.
tengaar.png
: "Look, look, this is it! This must be Kobold Village."
hix.png
: "H... Hold on.... Can't we just rest for a bit?"
tengaar.png
: [bounce] "What are you saying? Real men don't whine like that!"
hix.png
: [backs up] "You bought all that stuff, so the bags are heavy....."
tengaar.png
: "Well we might need it for the Test. C'mon let's go."
Tengaar runs off.
hix.png
: "W... Wait up!"
And Hix slowly follows.

kobold: "So, how is Gengen doing? I am Gengen's rival. We are both great Kobold heroes, but I must remain here to protect this town."
Aww, there's a kobold who wants to go to Greenhill.
kobold: "Mmm... Something smells good... (sniff sniff)... Is that chocolate I smell?" I've laced your food with a lethal amount of theobromine.
kobold: "Obviously, Collars are only suited for us Kobolds." The game calls them 'necklace's though.
kobold: "No, Jam, Jam, JAM! You have to eat bread with jam! There's simply no question! Jam!"

This kobold has a 'Barrel full of flutes'.

sles0244205010112185151.png

tengaar.png
: "This must be the Chief's house. Don't you understand, Hix? This is where you take the Test of the Unicorn!" What is it with this game and unicorns?
hix.png
: [backs away] "Do I really have to do this?" Yes.
tengaar.png
: "Of course you do! I want you to become a real man!" DO YOUR TRADITIONAL SIDEQUEST OF PERIL, HIX. ... Or follow Flik's lead and spend eight years theoretically doing it.
They go into the house.

kobold: "You mustn't go to the forest! The big, white, scary, hideous monster will swallow you whole."
sles0244205010112185436.png
"Large mortar!!" [ You got Exertion ] Exertion runes are weapon runes that raise your attack power each round, up to a max of doubling it on round four. Hix comes with one permanently attached. They're not really that good.
-- agh! I just noticed I have a sound set with me. I could've gotten Connell when I went to Forest Village! Oh well, I'll pick him up when I go off for Mokumoku again.

I go into the chief's house, and they're talking to a really old kobold.
tengaar.png
: "That's why we came all this way!"
CHIEF: "I know, but..."
hix.png
: "Let's just go back, Tengaar. Forget this whole Test..."
tengaar.png
: [bounce] "What are you talking about!? A Unicorn will only appear in front of a 'Noble Warrior and a Pure-Hearted Maiden'. If you pass the Test, it proves that you're a real warrior!"
CHIEF: "Well that's such an old custom. We really don't do that anymore.... And it's dangerous in the forest! Even our villagers aren't allowed in..."
tengaar.png
: "How can you say that...."
CHIEF: "Well, you came all this way, so I must insist you and your companions stay the night here."
They look at me, and I go ?
tengaar.png
: ". . . . . . . . . ."
hix.png
: "Well, I guess we can't refuse that offer. Mmm... It'll feel good to finally take a load off."
tengaar.png
: [bounces, then walks over to Hix] "Why are you so tired? You were barely carrying anything! At this rate, they'll never let you back into the Warriors' Village. I give up!" If only.
CHIEF: [ping] "The Warriors' Village?"
Fade out.

[BGM: none; crickets]
Hix and I are talking!
hix.png
: "Oh... Odessa, was it? I'm sorry to pull you into this whole mess..."
sles0244205010112190127.png
I'd be angry too, if I had to be near Hix.
riou.png
: "What's the point of this trip?"
[BGM: Theme of a Moonlit Night]
hix.png
: "We were born in the Warriors' Village, and as is our custom, I have to go on a quest for my manhood to be recognized. Tengaar wants to make me a great warrior, so that's what she's so excited about... She's really... a very nice girl. I think maybe... she's too nice."
Long pause. Hix steps away from me, lost in thought.
hix.png
: "This isn't the first time I've had doubts. I wonder if I can really be a warrior... I just can't get into the idea of having to fight... But if I say that to Tengaar, I know she'll get angry..."
Fade out.

[BGM: none, birds]
sles0244205010112190412.png
Did I pull an Eilie.
[BGM: We Are Number Wuff!]
sles0244205010112190436.png
Tengaar is in bed, and Hix is terrifed!
hix.png
: "Tengaar! Tengaar! Wake up! Tengaar!!!!"
sles0244205010112190514.png

riou.png
: "It's too early for this..."
CHIEF: "Oh, Lord Odessa, It looks like you're okay, eh."
hix.png
: [hop] "What about Tengaar? What happened to Tengaar?"
CHIEF: "Well... That's... It's... How to say it..."
Long pause.
tengaar.png
: "Ah-HEM!!!" Tengaar I love you for this arc
CHIEF: [bounce and ping] "Eh? Oh, yeah, that's it! It's the Curse of the Unicorn..."
hix.png
: [BOLTS OVER TO VILLAGE CHIEF] "The Curse of the Unicorn?"
CHIEF: [steps up] "It's uh... It's... It's a very terrible curse... It's because she spoke too freely about the Unicorn Test. This girl may never open her eyes again...."
hix.png
: [FREAKS OUT] "B... But... Isn't there a cure!?"
Long pause.
CHIEF: "A cure, hmmm... Uh... What was that..."
He walks over to Tengaar (probably so she can give him his cue ...) and then back.
CHIEF: "Oh yes! There is one way! You have to bring the Blue Stone, Red Flower, and Green Bell to the Unicorn's tree in the forest."
hix.png
: [SO INTENT.] "Where are these items!?"
CHIEF: [ping ping ping] "Uh, ummm... The Blue Stone... Lesse... Ah, that's right! I think maybe I heard they were selling it at the Item Store in South Window..." And this gets into why I wanted Viki or Stallion for this arc. Fucking fetch quests.
hix.png
: "The South Window Item Store! Let's go right away! Please come with me, Lord Odessa!"
sles0244205010112191018.png

riou.png
: "Why in a Item store...?"
CHIEF: "Huh? Th... That's..."
hix.png
: "Let's hurry, Lord Odessa! To the South Window Item Store!"
Hix then drags me out the door. I thought I got enough of that with Nanami!
[ Hix joins party ]

Ladida, I head through my castle and intend on dropping off some things with Hai Yo, but accidentally go through the wrong door and trigger a COOKING BATTLE
sles0244205010112191704.png

YU KUM: "I heard a rumor, but I didn't think you were really here. I'm shocked!! Hai Yo!!!!!" ... This chef's name is Yu Kum. No, seriously. Seriously.
haiyo.png
: [bounce and ping] "What the... Who are you anyway!" ONE OF THE MANY ASSASSINS OUT TO KILL MY CHEF
YU KUM: "My name is Yu Kum. I'm travelling around the world to become the greatest chef!!! Hai Yo, I challenge you to a cooking contest!!!! If you win, I'll give you my closely-guarded family recipe!!! Do you accept!!!"
haiyo.png
: [looks around nervously] "What should I do, Lord Odessa???"
sles0244205010112192022.png
Guh, it's not like I was doing anything anyway.
riou.png
: "Good luck, Hai Yo!"
YU KUM: "Just what I'd expect from the leader of the Sowston Army!!! Okay, it's a contest!!! Hai Yo!!!"
haiyo.png
: "Guess I've got no choice..."
[BGM: Bright Curtains ~ The Cooking Duel]
sles0244205010112192131.png
My judges today are Sid, Stallion, Gabocha, and Millie! Fuck, no one I know off the top of my head. I think Sid and Gabocha both love meat? Thankfully, Yu Kum is a really shitty cook.
FU TAN CHEN: "Hello everybody and welcome! Now let's get started with today's cook-off! I will be your host today. My name is Fu Tan Chen."
He takes a bow.
FU TAN CHEN: "First, I'd like to introduce today's panel of judges."
FU TAN CHEN: "The strangest characters at Sewer! Strikes fear into the heart of kids. The Winger, Sid!!!"
sid.png
: "Hee hee hee hee hee"
FU TAN CHEN: "This strange elf spends most of his time running in circles!! It's no wonder he'll eat pretty much whatever you put in front of him. It's Stallion!!!!"
FU TAN CHEN: "How are Kobold tastebuds? Straight from Kobold Village, home of delicious food, it's Gabocha!!!"
FU TAN CHEN: "Could it be that she got to be as sweet as she is by eating nothing but sweets? It's Millie!!!"
FU TAN CHEN: "These 4 judges will be evaluating today's dishes!!! Okay, now let's introduce our challenger!!!!!! Today's challenge is!!!!!!"
He raises his arm as Yu Kum walks onscreen and takes a bow, to a polite amount of applause.
FU TAN CHEN: "Chef Yu Kum!!!"
FU TAN CHEN: "And now the person we've all been waiting for. Our Army Chef Hai Yo!!!!!"
sles0244205010112192656.png
Hai Yo steps up under three spotlights with a special theme.
FU TAN CHEN: "The judgement will be based on 3 dishes. Now please take your places and get ready to cook."
[BGM: Cooking Choices]
I have to pick an appetizer, main course, and dessert, depending on my recipes I've collected and which condiments I've given Hai Yo. He's got Sugar, Salt, Soy Sauce, Mayonnaise, and Red Pepper, so I guess I've got everything already, huh.
Salad plus Salt makes Pickled Cabbage, BBQ Meat Bun plus Salt makes Ginger Beef Bun, and Ice Cream plus Sugar is Pudding. Sounds good to me!
FU TAN CHEN: "It looks like they're ready. Okay, go ahead and cook. C'mon everybody, let 'em hear it!
[ Let the Cook-off Begin!!!]
[BGM: One-Minute Showdown]
sles0244205010112193126.png
Fuck you, I'm a chef.
sles0244205010112193128.png

sles0244205010112193130.png
Waiting for the crock pot.
sles0244205010112193139.png
NEEDS MORE SALT
riou_salt.gif

Fade out.
FU TAN CHEN: "It looks like they've finished cooking all 3 dishes."
[BGM: Bright Curtains ~ The Cooking Duel]
FU TAN CHEN: "First, let's see what the judges thought of the challenger's appetizer."
[ Tomato Soup ]
FU TAN CHEN: "Okay, show us your scores!!!!"
sles0244205010112193644.png
2, 5, 1, 2. FU TAN CHEN: "We've got some pretty good scores here."
Fade out.
FU TAN CHEN: "Now let's see how they judged the champion's appetizer."
[ Pickled Cabbage ]
FU TAN CHEN: "Okay, show us your scores!!!!"
4, 5, 4, 3.
FU TAN CHEN: "Great scores!!!"
Fade out.
Blah blah, Yu Kum made Szechuan Gyoza, which got 2, 5, 1, 2; I made Ginger Beef Bun, which got 3, 5, 2, 1; Yu Kum made Green Salad, which got 3, 2, 2, 2; I made Pudding, which got 2, 5, 1, 5. Huh, Gabocha hates pudding.
FU TAN CHEN: "The judging is complete. Let's see how those scores total up."
[ DRUMROLL ]
I got 40 to his 29!
FU TAN CHEN: "As you can see, the winner of today's cook-off is our champion, Chef Hai Yo!!!!!"
[ Victory! ]
FU TAN CHEN: "Well I'm afraid it's time to say goodbye for now. Thanks for joining us and we'll see you next time. Buh-Bye!!!"
He takes a bow, and fade out!

YU KUM: "Your reputation is well deserved, Hai Yo. You're as great a chef as they say."
He steps forward.
YU KUM: "This is my family recipe, handed down from generation to generation. You beat me fair and square, so it's yours now."
[ You got 'tomato soup recipe'. ]
haiyo.png
: "Thanks a lot!!!"
YU KUM: "Farewell, Hai Yo!!!! I look forward to the day when we will meet again!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!"
Fade out.

... So ... that was random as hell! Since I can, I kick Wakaba out of my party.
sles0244205010112194923.png
Well, that's subtle. I wonder what a Kobold's doing in South Window!
shopkeep: "Hiya, welcome."
hix.png
: "Ummm..... the Blue Stone......"
shopkeep: "Eh? Already? Ah, I mean, yes, we have it. Right this way."
hix.png
: "Great..... Lord Odessa, I'll pay for it. Umm, how much?"
shopkeep: "Uh well..... How about 50 potch.... No, 30 potch."
hix.png
: "Huh? Really? Okay......... there ya go."
shopkeep: "Thanks a lot. Come again."
hix.png
: "Okay, that's one of 'em... Let's hurry back to the Chief of Kobold Village."
I head through Kuskus this time to see if the blacksmith's leveled up (no) and to give Kindness to Odessa (which, without even using the Kindness trick, changes Rioudessa's ATT score from 138 to 236 ... Why didn't you use that at all, Espeon?), and boat back to Lakewest ... Ladida, at Kobold ...
hix.png
: "Here's the Blue Stone. This is it, right?"
Pause.
CHIEF: "Ah, yeah, that's it, that's it! Excellent work. Okay, the Red Flower is next. The Red Flower is... ummm..."
Pause.
tengaar.png
: "HACHOO!"
CHIEF: [ping!] "Oh, now I remember! It's in the Cave of the Wind, south of Sewer Castle." I did say I'd need to kick myself if I did this without Stallion or Viki.
hix.png
: "Now it's the Cave of Wind..."
sles0244205010112195839.png

riou.png
: "But she just sneezed..."
hix.png
: "Wait for me, Tengaar! I swear that I will save you! Lord Odessa, let's go!"
And he drags me off again. It sure is great Shu doesn't expect me in the war room anytime soon, otherwise this would be really rude. (At least I'm not pulling a SuikoV: 'I'm sorry, Lucretia; I couldn't prevent the Godwins from burning down Lordlake because I was busy bankrupting our allies. The beavers wanted to buy tea, you know? Who am I to stop them? (Let's ignore that the entire country's tea supply is in our coffers.)'

sles0244205010112200342.png
The kobold backs out of the Cave of the Winds slowly, then goes ! when he sees us. He then slowly slinks away, sweatdropping. Hix doesn't notice.
sles0244205010112200434.png
Right inside the cave is the flower.
hix.png
: ! "There it is!!! This is it, right Odessa?"
sles0244205010112200508.png

riou.png
: "It wasn't here before...."
hix.png
: "Okay, we've got the Red Flower now. Now we just need the Green Bell."

sles0244205010112201116.png
TENGAAR, YOUR COVER! She bolts back to the bed.
hix.png
: "Here! The Red Flower!"
CHIEF: "Oh! That was quick!"
hix.png
: "Yeah, so where's the Green Bell?"
CHIEF: "The, uh, Green Bell is in the sewers beneath Two River City. Good luck, Fledgling Warrior."
hix.png
: "Alright!"
sles0244205010112201117.png

riou.png
: "Was she just out of her bed...?"
hix.png
: "Okay! Next is the Two River Sewers. We need to hurry!"
And, of course, he drags me out.

I detour to Forest Village! ... ... ... Connell doesn't like my sound set yet. Huh. AAAAAAAND MOKUMOKU GET \o/ I'll now have a new save icon. Fuck yeah! Also a modified ending.
bob.png
riou.png
bob.png
: "No, no, no!!! I won't join you! It will never happen!!!..." But I want you in my army!

sles0244205010112203323.png
The bell rings when the kobold drops it.
hix.png
: "Lord Odessa! I just heard a bell!" Yes, you did.
sles0244205010112203404.png

riou.png
: "Uh... Yeah..."
Hix walks over most of the way to it, and stops.
hix.png
: "The Green Bell must be nearby..."
hix.png
: ! "Th... There it is!"
He picks it up.
hix.png
: "All right! Now I can save Tengaar. We did it! Lord Odessa, let's hurry back to Kobold Village!" It's good I already didn't have any respect for you.

I get to the chief's house, and ...
hix.png
: "Tengaar! Here, it's the Green Bell!!! Now we can... Wha? Tengaar???"
He looks around frantically.
CHIEF: "I'm sorry... She is gone."
hix.png
: [FREAKS OUT] "Where did she go!?!?"
CHIEF: "Probably to the Unicorn Woods... If you take all three items deep into the forest and fight the Unicorn, you should find her."
hix.png
: "Fight the Unicorn..."
CHIEF: "I've told the Forest Guards. But beware, Young Warrior, the Woods are full of monsters. If you are not a 'Noble Warrior,' the Unicorn will take your life. You need to think about that."

Off to the forest!
hix.png
: ". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I'll be okay. . . I must save Tengaar. . . She's all that matters. . . Let's go . . . Lord Odessa."
DON'T GRAB ANY TREASURE IN THIS FOREST. Well, really it's a chest near the entrance that matters, but it's almost all shitty anyway. Some of the treasure shares a memory address with a sheep, and a sheep is way more useful than a necklace.
... oh shit
I accidentally picked up Recipe #12 (it's a drop in this location) and quicksaved too recently to undo that. If I give that to Hai Yo or Barbara anytime before getting Recipe #34, I can't get that one. Oh well. It's not a big deal. Pretty much no one manages to get recipe 34. Fuck it, I'll use a cheat code to stick it in my inventory.
sles0244205010112204816.png
Hix is pinged by Tengaar and the kobolds!
hix.png
: "T... Tengaar?"
tengaar.png
: [ssteps up] "Wow, you made it all the way here! Running all around for my sake, crossing the woods safely... You're already a great warrior."
hix.png
: "Great warrior. . . Was this all just a . . ." Did you just notice this was a ploy.
sles0244205010112204953.png
RIOUDESSA YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST ASS
riou.png
: "This was all a ruse!?" NO. REALLY???
tengaar.png
: [walks over to Hix] "I'm sorry, Hix."
CHIEF: "The Holy Warrior Klift, who founded the Warriors' Village, is a legend here. When I heard you were from there, I offered to help this young lady."
hix.png
: [boing] "Then, then... What about the Blue Stone, the Red Flower and the Green Bell?"
CHIEF: "Ho ho ho. Of course, I had the villagers help me by placing those items. I havn't heard anyone talk about the Test of the Unicorn since I was a child. It's just an old, old fairy tale." He does say 'havn't'.
sigfried.png
: 「Don't be so sure, Chief of the Kobolds.....」 WTF
[BGM: Sedition]
CHIEF: ! "Huh! ! ! ! !"
sles0244205010112205320.png
HI SIGFRIED. Well, he's not named yet, but he's Sigfried.
hix.png
: "A... a ... u, u, unicorn!!!!"
CHIEF: "Ah.... Ahhhh..."
kobolds: "Uwaaaahh!!! It's the Unicorn!!!!!"
kobolds: "We'll be eaten!!!"
THEY BOLT.
sigfried.png
: 「Are you a 'Maiden'?」
tengaar.png
: [HIDES BEHIND HIX] "Wh... what if I am?"
sigfried.png
: 「I will take you...」
hix.png
: "Y... you can't!!! Tengaar is...!"
Sigfried rears up on his hind legs, horn glowing, and lightning strikes around us.
sigfried.png
: 「What will you do?」
hix.png
: "Uhhh..."
sigfried.png
: 「You will try to stop me?」 [steps up]
tengaar.png
: "Hix!!!" [boing]
hix.png
: [steps up] ". . . . . . . . . . . . I . . . I probably can't win. . . . I probably won't ever be a warrior. . . But . . . But. . . But. . . I . . . I will protect Tengaar!!! I have sworn it!! On this sword!!"
He steps forward, and the unicorn vanishes.
sigfried.png
: 「Noble Warrior, Pure-Hearted Maiden, I wish you both good fortune. . .」
tengaar.png
: [steps up to Hix]

We're now back in the chief's house!
tengaar.png
: "Well, that was quite a surprise."
CHIEF: "I never thought the Unicorn would actually appear."
tengaar.png
: "Heh he. But you did it, Hix! You've been acknowledged as a Warrior by the Unicorn!"
hix.png
: "Yeah. . . now we can go back to the village"
tengaar.png
: "What do you mean? Sir Odessa helped you so much, we have to repay that debt."
hix.png
: "Eh? Eh? Eh????" Hi, Nanami.
tengaar.png
: [walks over to me] "What I mean is that... Hix and I... Well... How about we join your party?"
sles0244205010112205931.png

riou.png
: "Well. . ."
tengaar.png
: "Well, If Lord Odessa says it's okay."
hix.png
: "Well. . . It's just. . ."
tengaar.png
: "You need to come too, Hix." That's what she said.
tengaar.png
: "Lord Odessa, I, Tengaar, and the Warrior Hix will join the Sowston Army in the name of the Warriors' Village. Thank you for having us."
hix.png
: "It's... It's an honor, Lord Odessa."
tengaar.png
: "Well, Mr. Odessa. We will go ahead to the Sewer Castle. Well, let's go."
Tengaar walks off.
hix.png
: "W... Wait, Tengaar!!"
And he bolts!
[ Hix joined the group! ]
[ Tengaar joined the group! ]

BACK TO PLOT. Or, wait, a thought:
sles0244205010112210419.png
At the Muse-Greenhill border is a girl and her robot.
meg.png
: "Look, I'm telling you, I need to get through this gate, okay?" Hi, Meg!
meg.png
: [backs up] "Well..."
meg.png
: [walks up to Highland soldiers and jumps] "I'm going that way. Get it?"
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Yeah, ya told me that plenty of times already. So... just what is that thing, anyway?"
meg.png
: [nervous] "Eh? Um... Th, this is... a barrel. That's it, it's a barrel."
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Well, that's a pretty darn weird barrel, if ya ask me. Whatever. Go back the way ya came, girl!"
meg.png
: [boingboingboing] "Hey, hey, I need to get through here! I'm on an adventure. Yes, indeed, adventures calls."
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Adventure?? Hmph! Go on, girl! Go home!" But Lenankamp is far away.
meg.png
: [pissed] "Ooooh! So it's come to this. I haven't mentioned this yet, but I'm a trickster! Well, a tricks, anyway. Know what we do? We make clockwork machines to beat people like you up. That's what Gadget here is for. My uncle Juppo made him."
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Gadget?"
She walks over to Gadget. Gadget's name in Japanese is からくり丸, by the way.
meg.png
: "He's disguised as a barrel right now. GO!! Beat him up, Gadget!!"
Pause, while Meg is nervous and then sweatdrops.
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Huh??"
meg.png
: "Eh? Wha? Wha?"
She kicks it a bunch.
meg.png
: "Hey, hey, Gadget!! Come on, quick, beat him down!!"
The soldiers step up. The gadgets do nothing.
meg.png
: [nervous] "Come on, come on, I'm begging you, Gadget!! Quick, quick!!"
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Hmph. So this is what a 'trickster' does, huh? Impressive."
Fade out. Meg is pissed at Gadget and over by me.
meg.png
: "Ooooh!! Why won't you help me, Gadget?"
gadget.png
: "I AM NOT A TOOL FOR FIGHTING."
meg.png
: [backs up] "Ooohhhh..."
meg.png
: [ping! turns to me] "Huh? Who're you? I'm telling you, you can't go any further."
sles0244205010112211056.png

riou.png
: "This is unfortunate..."
meg.png
: "Eh? Th, thanks. Yeah, just awful. He won't listen to me at all. By the way, My name's Meg. I'm on my trickster training. Uncle Juppo promised to teach me, but... He sayd, 'You need to see more of the world to be a true trickster.' He gave me Gadget, at least, and now I'm on an adventure."
meg.png
: "Right, Gadget?"
gadget.png
: [comes over to me] "INFORMATION PROCESSING COMPLETE. GREETINGS, LORD Odessa, LEADER OF THE Sowston ARMY." Haha, doesn't capslock it.
meg.png
: ! "Wh, what?! You're Odessa? Hey, Gadget, did you hear that?!"
gadget.png
: ". . . . ."
meg.png
: [bounce bounce] "Then, then, we could be fighting in a real army!! Are you hearing this, Gadget?!" Somewhere, Tir is facepalming.
gadget.png
meg.png
: "I've decided!! I've decided, Gadget!!"
gadget.png
: "WE'RE GOING TO JOIN THE Sowston ARMY?"
meg.png
: [bounce] "Yeah!! You catch on pretty quick, Gadget!"
gadget.png
: "YOUR PATTERNS ARE EASY TO PREDICT. STILL, JOINING THE Sowston ARMY IS A GOOD IDEA."
sles0244205010112211529.png

riou.png
: "But I haven't even asked..."
meg.png
: "Don't worry, we won't ask for money or anything. It'll be another adventure. And you kinda resemble Uncle Juppo, somehow... You seem pretty cool. Okay, just leave it to Meg and Gadget!!"
gadget.png
: "IT IS AN HONOR TO MEET YOU, LORD Odessa."
[ Meg joined the group! ]
[ Gadget joined the group! ]
meg.png
: "All right, let's go, Gadget!!"
gadget.png
: "ROGER."
And off they go.

OKAY, NOW FOR ACTUAL PLOT

In the war room is Shu, Apple, Flik, Pilika, Nanami, Viktor, and Fitcher.
shu.png
: "We've been waiting for you, Lord Odessa."
viktor.png
: [steps up] "So what's the bad news you promised yesterday?"
shu.png
: "Greenhill has fallen to the Kingdom of Highland." Yeah, you didn't think Jowy was going to die offscreen like that, did you?
Everyone not Apple, Shu, or Viktor jumps.
viktor.png
: "... Not again..."
flik.png
: "Greenhill is lost, eh... But how did they take Greenhill while most of their forces were in Two River..."
apple.png
: [steps up] "The troops that captured Greenhill apparently number only 5,000 men."
viktor.png
: "Wait a second... you can't be serious! Greenhill's got to have at least 7,000 soldiers of its own... You're saying they couldn't defeat a force of only 5,000?" :) ... Also I like how they're talking about a university having an army.
shu.png
: "I've no idea what tactics they used, but they must have been brilliant... Their commander is apparently the leader of Highland's Fourth Army, and Solon's replacement. This is not a man to be taken lightly." HOW DOES I FIGHT TEACHERS
viktor.png
: "Then what should we do? We can't just stand back and watch." I bet Rioudessa would stand back and watch Jowy any day, if you know what I mean.
shu.png
: "Even with the help of the Two River forces, the Sowston Army doesn't have enough manpower to retake Greenhill."
flik.png
: "Are we giving up?"
shu.png
: "It appears we'll have to. However, we will get the acting mayor of Greenhill, Teresa, to safety." I like Teresa, even if she's dumber than rocks a lot of the time.
viktor.png
: "Teresa?? Why? I'm surprised to hear a realist like you say such a thing." ... Does Viktor *want* to throw Teresa out under a boat?
shu.png
: "The true mayor of Greenhill, Alec Wisemail, has been seriously ill for many years. Therefore, the handling of the city's affairs has fallen to Teresa. In this capacity, she has gained immense popularity, and has become something of an icon among Greenhill's citizens. If we can get Teresa out of Greenhill, we can expect the co-operation of the populace when the time comes to retake the city. Likewise, it will simply create more problems for us if the Highland Army is able to keep her under their thumb.
flik.png
: "I see... So Teresa is a major morale-booster for the people of Greenhill... So, then, how are we gonna bust her out?"
shu.png
: "Greenhill is essentially a college town, and students from countries all over the continent come to study there. I don't think the Highland Army's occupation will stop that. Therefore, Lord Odessa and a few others will sneak into the city, pose as students, and rescue Teresa. As for how to get in... Fitcher, I'll leave that to you." whaaaaaaaat. Everything about this arc is ridiculous.
[BGM: Tactics]
fitcher.png
: [boing] "What? M, me, sir...? Y, yes, I suppose I can... I've got a lot of friends in Greenhill. I'll work something out... Whew... I'm worked too hard... When will I be able to get some rest...?"
nanami.png
: [walks over to be pretty much on top of Flik, wow] "All RIGHT! Let's go!!"
viktor.png
: [steps up] "Wait a second... who said you could come?"
pilika2.png
: [runs over to Nanami and spins, then whistles] "...!!" You're a bit young to be a college student, aren't you?
viktor.png
: [sweatdrop] "Wait, wait, wait..."
fitcher.png
: "Whew... It doesn't matter how many come, since you're meant to be students. Also, only you youngsters should go... It'll make things look less suspicious."
shu.png
: "Flik, I want you to go with Lord Odessa." Shu, even if Flik's really hot (which, judging by a lot of the cast, he is), he's in his thirties....
flik.png
: ! [BACKS UP.] "Me?"
shu.png
: "You will be their bodyguard... and their leader." Hey, Flik always follows Odessa's orders. It's like his calling.
flik.png
: "Me... their leader...?"
Nanami and Pilika start dancing around Flik and whistling or singing or something.
nanami.png
: "Yay! Teacher Flik, Teacher Flik!!" FLIK-SENSEI~~~
Flik stares at them until they stop dancing around him. This takes a while.
flik.png
: "Whew... please, just don't call me 'Teacher...'" Aww, does being Flik-sensei make him feel old~? He's only twice Nanami's age!
[ Pilika joins convoy ]
[ Flik joins party ]
[ Nanami joins party ]
shu.png
: "Lord Odessa, please select your members. As Fitcher said, only those of appropriate school age should go. Also, once you enter Greenhill, you will not be able to change members. Choose carefully."
OKAY, GUYS, PICK MY PARTY. THEY DETERMINE A LOT OF DIALOGUE, SO IT ACTUALLY SORT OF MATTERS.
APPLICABLE AGED PARTY MEMBERS: Hix, Tengaar, Futch, Eilie, Bolgan, Tuta, Millie, Shiro ?!, Gengen, Gabocha, Meg, Mukumuku ?!, Luc, Chaco, Wakaba. Wait, only Mukumuku's available? Not the rest of the squirrels? AND I SPENT SO LONG COLLECTING THEM FOR THIS OCCASION. ;_;

STATS:
- Stars of Destiny: 50 + Wakaba + Tony + Hix + Tengaar + Meg + Gadget = 56 / 108 + squirrel squad
- Jowy Points: We gotta clean up his messes ...
- Times Fainted: 1, probably

NEXT TIME: My name is Schtolteheim Reinbach III, and I am the worst person to ever put in charge of children.

Last edited:

What are these 'squirrel' things? I've never heard of them.

I second Espeon, even though he's posting in front of a children. The bastard.

Yeah, I was definitely thinking of Mukumuku and Shiro, but that still leaves one slot! Inclined towards Luc or Meg. I'll start on that update tomorrow.

Haaah, I hadn't explained what Mukumuku, Makumaku, Mikumiku, Mekumeku, and Mokumoku were, had I?
5squirrels.png
Here they are! Mukumuku is red, Makumaku is blue, Mikumiku is pink, Mekumeku is green, and Mokumoku is yellow.

Okay, this Suikogaiden interlude is going to be a lot shorter than the previous one because I have trouble giving a shit. I didn't manage while playing the game, and it's not going to be any easier while summarising it.

FULL SCRIPT I'm not really doing much editing this time; just picking snippets I care about at all Once again, all of the images from the first game (it's big), (and all of them from the second game (likewise).)

LAST CHAPTER, IN IMAGES BECAUSE I REALLY DON'T GIVE A SHIT
1072elza.png
Elza with her gun at Nash's head
1074camping.png
Nash and Elza camping, because they're Friends Now.
1085tinyhvg.png
Elza reminiscing about herself, Clive, their ex-boyfriend, and a dog.
1086hvg.png
Further Reminiscence (MEMORIES IN SEPIA ~~ FAR AWAY, SO PURE ~~ we will always be friends in my heaaaaaaart). Wow I would've guessed Clive'd be a stick. Then again, this is Suikoden: the character designers for I-III very clearly appreciate beef.
1093fucked.png
Culgan pissed because Nash poisoned Seed
1105thatway.png
And, in an alternate timeline, Wakaba being nonchalant about Ayda (we haven't met her yet) shooting arrows at his head.

Either way, Nash gets his ass kicked.

THIS CHAPTER ...

Nash had passed out in the forest, and ~a student~ had found him! So Teresa ordered someone at the inn, a woman named Yuri (she's not important), to take care of him.

Yuri comments about giving him 'three days' worth of breakfasts', since he'd been unconscious for a while, but he doesn't actually get much food!

YURI: "There have been poor harvests, and then there was that battle between Muse City and Highland, right? We shipped a large amount of food off to Muse to help out in any way we could, as Greenhill only has volunteer militia - no real army of its own. That was Lady Teresa’s decision, but then Muse fell so quickly..." Oh, good, the college doesn't have an army. That would be weird.
NASH: "Teresa? You mean the Mayor's daughter, Teresa?"
YURI: "Yes, that's her. Mayor Alec is sick and bedridden, so right now Teresa is our acting Mayor. You should thank her, too. Lady Teresa was the one who brought you to this inn and paid a small deposit in advance for your stay here."
NASH: "If she hadn't paid on my behalf for the stay, what would have happened to me?"
YURI:"Fufu... who knows?"

Blah blah, he heads off to the university proper since the Greenhill mayor is also the principal, and he runs into two students.

NINA: "You have to admit, that quiet guy is just perfect!"
STUDENT: "Really...? I'm not so sure."
NINA: "He’s just so dreamy, and gives off this feeling... like he’s a prince from a far-off land or something."
STUDENT: "Come on, Nina, you always say stuff like that..."
NASH: "Excuse me, but could one of you tell me where the reception desk is?"
NINA: "No, he’s different from the rest. I packed a lunch and gave it to him. *giggle* I wonder if he’s eaten it or not." Just don't steal his underwear and wash it.
NASH: "Um... er... The reception desk...?"
NINA: "Oh, that's right! I need to go and get the box back from him!"
NASH: "Could you..."
NINA: "What do you want?! Why do you have to be so loud?!"
NASH: "Uh, sorry."
NINA: "???"
NASH: "Sorry, I'm looking for the reception desk."
STUDENT: "Oh, the reception desk? It's over..."
NINA: "Hang on, you’re not from around here, are you? The reception desk? Leave it to me! This way! Over here, come on – hurry up!!!"
NASH: "Uh... wait a sec..."
STUDENT: "...Looks like Nina's at it again..."

1107nina.png
Nina really likes older men.
NINA: "Uh-huh. So your name is Mr. Nash. Hey, is this blond hair the real thing? It's not a wig, is it?"
NASH: "Hah! Why don't you give it a tug and see for yourself?" ... Kinky.
NINA: "Wow, really? Can I?"
NASH: "Ouch! Knock it off, kid!" YOU SAID SHE COULD
EMILIA: "Please keep it down out there. Miss Nina... Ohh, not you again!" Suddenly, librarian.
NINA: "Oh! Miss Emilia! I'm sorry. Mr. Nash here has business with you."
EMILIA: "Oh my! Aren't you...?"
NASH: "Uh... well..."
EMILIA: "You are the one they found collapsed behind the school, right? Are you feeling better already?"
NASH: "Ah, well... I'm alive, at any rate. I thought I should at least come here and thank Lady Teresa. Can I speak with her?"
EMILIA: "Yes, of course, but she’s a busy woman. You’ll have to make an appointment - is that okay? We’ll send word to the inn to which you were taken."
NASH: "All right. Looks like I'll be troubling that inn for a little while longer."
EMILIA: "Hmm... when they brought you in, you were covered in mud, but you're pretty cute when you're cleaned up. Why don't we go out for dinner sometime?"
NASH: "Huh?"
NINA: "Aaaaahh! I found Mr. Nash first, you know! You're breaking the rules!"
NASH: "..."
EMILIA: "...Young lady..."
NINA: "???"
EMILIA: "Oh, never mind. But now you mention it, Lady Teresa is conducting negotiations at the Highland camp. She should be returning soon, so you might catch her at the city gates if you want to meet her."
NASH: "Then I might be able to thank her. It’s worth a shot."
NINA: "Wait, Mr Nash! I can show you the way!"

Teresa and Shin are talking to a very familiar Highlander:
ROWD: "Well then, please consider our offer. It's not a bad deal, I think."
TERESA: "The only thing you "offered" was unconditional surrender and the requirement that Greenhill supply the Highland army until we're sucked dry! And you know how the people would suffer... Have you no heart whatsoever?!"
ROWD: "There’s nothing we can do for the townspeople. However, we can guarantee the safety of the Wisemail family. Circumstance permitting, you may even be accepted into L'Renouille as a noble." t(-_-t)
TERESA: "The Mayor of Greenhill will not be so easily bribed into disgracing himself. Now, if you'll excuse me..."
ROWD: "Oh my, you speak with such authority! However, you face 15,000 elite troops of the Highland 4th Army. Greenhill’s defenders number 7,000, and I understand they are a militia of townspeople. I wonder how long they can hold out?"
TERESA: "--!"
SHIN: "Rowd-dono, I think it best that you return for today. Highland and Greenhill currently have a truce. In a state of war this would soon be Greenhill territory --- and my sword would be against your throat in a heartbeat."
ROWD: "...H-hmph! Are you insulting me? The truce for parley will only last until dawn tomorrow.... I should consider my options with more care, if I were you."
TERESA: "..."

Nash runs into Jude.

Blah blah, Nash goes back to the inn, runs into his old kismesis, Zaj. Zaj says something about giving the Highland general some advice; I guess maybe
he's the one who told Jowy that he should wander over to Kalekka and ask Leon to join his party
? Zaj isn't very specific. Apparently he's trying to make it look like Nash went MIA.
... ooooooooh, Nash thinks it's Zaj's fault Seed and Culgan tried to kill him. Maybe not, re: spoiler, then.

Part of the militia arrests Nash because he's wanted by Highland and they figure maybe it'll give them more time; Teresa goes "If he's being hunted by Highland, he won't be long for this world if we hand him over. I don't have the arrogance to negotiate with a person's life. All of you, leave now." Fuck yeah, Teresa.

Nash comments that if things keep going the way there are, Teresa's head will decorate the gates, and he wants to join Team Greenhill; Shin tries to kill him but claims he was only testing his abilities and then tells Nash he wants him to join Team Greenhill; Teresa is grumpy about this; Emilia says something about Nash being stuck in Greenhill while they're surrounded anyway, so it's in his best interests to help them win.

Alternatively, Nash tries to run away and Shin tries to recruit him. 'He knew that his lady would go bravely to her own death. He also knew well that Greenhill had no chance of winning the battle.' :< Shin and Teresa

EITHER WAY (well, actually Nash can keep running away and then it's game over, congrats you skipped chapter 4), NASH JOINS TEAM TERESA AND TERESA GIVES A SPEECH

TERESA: "Please listen to me, everyone. Two weeks have passed since the Kingdom's troops first laid siege to Greenhill. Our supply situation is not yet desperate, but Muse has been lost and South Window is already in Highland's hands. We have sent several messengers to the Matilda Knights, but perhaps they were captured on their way. Either way, the knights have not moved. Some time ago, as you know, I went to negotiate with the Kingdom's army. Their terms would have placed Greenhill in a surrender where we would be required to yield all our supplies to their Army. I myself found that too cruel a pill to swallow."
Pause.
TERESA: "I must ask you all a question. Would it be better to go down to the Highland camp and, while starving, turn our hands to the destruction of the other City-State members? Or should we fight here?!"
TERESA: "The right to decide what should be done with Greenhill lies in everyone's hands. Whether to fight or surrender, it is up to you. I will, however, promise you this. To those who will pledge to protect Greenhill to the best of their ability, I will be your ally, and I will give body and soul to support you."

'I was honestly pretty surprised that Teresa, who had seemed nothing more than a noble young lady, was able to give such an impressive speech. Greenhill's entire military strength is surpassed by a single Highland soldier, so Teresa's presence could be one of the keys to victory.' Fuck you, Nash.

'A swell of voices rose calling for battle with the Highland army. Naturally, I'd asked Emilia to plant a few people to steer things in the right direction, but it looks like that wasn't even necessary.'

TERESA: "If there is a consensus, Greenhill will not yield to Highland and will choose the path of battle. Is this all right?"
[ CHEER. ]
TERESA: "Very well, just as I made a promise to you, I also request a promise from everyone. Until this battle is over, I will have you all follow my orders as acting mayor of Greenhill. Men and women, young and old, must obey without question. All of Greenhill will face this restriction."
TERESA: "Very well. I will now give everyone my first order as acting mayor."
TERESA: "From this moment forward, I will give command of all the armed forces of the City of Greenhill to a qualified person I have selected."
TERESA: "I nominate this man, Nash Latkje, for that position."
... The people of Greenhill aren't thrilled about following some hobo someone found in the woods.
1113speech.png
Nash gives a speech!
NASH: "I am Nash Latkje. Acting Mayor Teresa hired me on as a strategist for seven million potch. My family is distantly related to that of the Silverbergs, famous for their strategic prowess. The dispute in the Queendom of Falena was quieted by my hands. My assistance is worth a million troops." Somewhere, Lucretia is laughing maniacally.

'Beside me, Teresa's eyes were like dinner plates. Of course, all of these were outright lies.' [ FACEPALM ]

Nash then proves his military prowess by beating up random people in the militia. (They volunteered to fight him, so he's not entirely an asshole.) Then he starts on stratergery!

Blah blah, he has them turn in all of their weapons and armour and asks any blacksmiths to melt down the swords to make spearheads and tells Emilia to make dummies to put on the walls.
JUDE: "Er, yes. We did meet before, didn't we? At the time, I didn't think you were a celebrated strategist worth a million men, though. I thought you were just trying to get a view of Lady Teresa's face, same as me..."
NASH: "Errrr...."
JUDE: "Anyway, I'm Jude and I teach sculpture classes here. For now, I can also do blacksmithing."

NASH: "Next up! Are there any rune masters among you?"
JEANE: "I am Jeane and I teach rune magic at the Academy. May I be of use to you?"
NASH: "Uh... ah, yes, of course." Distracted by boobs.
CONNELL: "I am Connell. I'm studying to be a phonologist, but at the moment I'm also studying runes."
NASH: "I appreciate your help. Now then..."
JEANE: "Well, we could assemble the pupils from my class to help out, I think... but how would we be helping, I wonder?"
NASH: "Uhhh ... Hmm... can you take all the rune crystals in Greenhill and convert them into scrolls? If we turn them into scrolls, more people will be able to use them than if we were to just leave them as runes."
JEANE: "Teehee... that's true. Is that the only favor you wanted to ask?"
NASH: "Y-yes... Your body... uh... could you... not stand here... er..." Jeane's everything is so Jeane that her enemies have goodwill for her. Watching random encounters take damage for her is hilarious. Also common.
JEANE: "Teehee.... Okay, we'll begin immediately. We don't have much time, right?"
NASH: "Those who remain--draw water from the city wells. Place it strategically around the town... Once that's finished, tear down all stone walls inside the town and carry the stones to the top of the East and West walls. To be in charge of this, I'll appoint..."
NINA: "Me! Me! Me! Me! I'll take care of it! Draw water, and gather stones on top of the walls. I'll do it!"
NASH: "Uh... sure. I'm counting on you. Everyone, please hurry. There's not much time left. Once your work is finished, return here. I'll give you your next set of orders."
TERESA: "Everyone, let's fight! For victory!"

And off they go.
TERESA: "Mr. Nash, thank you very much. We couldn't have done this nearly so well without your help."
NASH: "Ah... well... Looks like my old man's training came in handy. Never thought I'd ever need to use it back then, and I resented him for it."
TERESA: "My, my... ha ha."
TERESA: "... Mr. Nash, do you think we... do you think Greenhill can win?"
NASH: "... Frankly, I've used all the knowledge and spirit I can muster. We can only pray to the gods now."
TERESA: "Do you believe in gods?"
NASH: "There was a time when I did..."

HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Commander Rowd! The scouts' report has arrived!"
ROWD: "You forgot something."
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Huh?"
ROWD: "I said, you forgot something. Think about what you just said."
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Ah. Yes, of course! Acting Corps Commander Rowd!"
ROWD: "Hmmmph. I'm a little disappointed that you didn't add "Lord" in there..."
They fall for Nash's ruse with the dummies! gj Rowd

Blah blah, Nina's squad puts out fires caused by Team Rowd, blah blah spears, blah blah blah Nash has each group cast a Canopy Defense (stops one magic attack) when he predicts Highland's Furious Blow (level four lightning spell), but Connell isn't good enough to manage it! So Nash tries.
1120boobs.png
But Nash is shitty at magic, so Jeane ~lends him her power~ and probably magically destroys his brain, good going Jeane (it's not like he had anything to lose).

Alternatively, Kahn pops up and casts it.
KAHN: "My name is Kahn. You, I presume, are Sir Nash Latkje?" He's going -dono, so.
NASH: "That's right... but how in the world did you know?"
KAHN: "I am of the Marley clan – vampire hunters by tradition. I've been looking for information on the Founder, Lady Sierra, and arrived at your name. We need to speak, but we can't do that if we're reduced to ashes, can we? I'll assist you."
NASH: "I appreciate it! I'm counting on you!

Blah blah, they're ... keeping up with Team Highland, anyway, but Teresa gets injured!

1122rescue.png
And then rescued by Stallion! ... Teresa is really, really baffled.

Nash and Shin take their only two horses (horses they got from Matilda, even, so Greenhill really sucks) to go try to beat up Team Rowd! Rowd comments that if his minions keeps sucking, there's no way he's not getting demoted.

Some of Zaj's minions try to beat the shit out of Nash! (They'd just shoot him, but er :V only the Howling Voice Guild has guns, and Nash is currently not In Trouble with Harmonia, so.) BUT
1125georg.png
GEORG PRIME DISAGREES, because he's goddamn Georg Prime. Georg Prime once held the Rune of Punishment. Every time he cast a spell, the rune took damage.
Why can't you recruit Georg until after killing Luca Blight? Because he wouldn't need 17 other people to back him up.
Georg Prime once wore an eyepatch, because it was the only way he could feel like it was a fair fight. (It wasn't.) Hai Yo quakes in fear, for he has no recipe for cheesecake, but I bet Georg would be magnanimous enough to forgive him for his sins. ... As long as he gets a recipe soon.
NASH: "Who... are you?!"
GEORG: "I'm here to help, good swordsman of Harmonia. I came to Greenhill to seek out a talented, famous young lady by the name of Teresa. I had been hoping to obtain an audience, but all these Highland soldiers got in my way. I was looking for an opportunity to strike. In any case, who are these men? They're not Highland soldiers. Are they from the Howling Voice guild?"
NASH: "How could you know...?"
GEORG: "I might not look it, but I've been to more than a few places, including Harmonia. I understand what's going on there. You're in a hurry, right? I'll help you out."
NASH: "I appreciate it. What's your name?"
GEORG: "Georg Prime. Well... I've been called a few. But this is my name now".
'Georg? "Deathblow Georg"? In Harmonia the man is a legend. Who'd have thought that I'd run into him here of all places...?'

... So they get to where Rowd is and
SHIN: "Prepare yourself!"
ROWD: "W-wait! I-I surrender! That's right! I lose!"
SHIN: "...What shall we do, Sir Nash?"
NASH: "If he surrendered, that doesn't mean we defeated the Highland army, but we might be able to use him as a hostage. Tie him up, and let's return to Greenhill quickly."

1126jowy.png
Jowy-taichou pops up and changes Nash's plans to RUN LIKE HELL. Hi, Jowy! ... Jowy's pretty annoyed at Rowd's incompetence. Jowy, isn't this probably your first time being in charge.

BLAH BLAH BLAH, SHIT I DON'T CARE ABOUT
Apparently Nina watches Nash sleep on a regular basis. She's really creepy.

They get a messenger from Matilda! ... Matilda's party line is that HAHA they have no reports of Highland invading Greenhill suckers :')
But good news, everyone! Highland released the captured Muse soldiers! ... Nash is like 'this is a trap' and Teresa's like 'of course it's a trap, but I can't exactly leave them to die' 'Matilda's not going to do anything' 'then that's MORE reason to not let them die.'

You know what's not a good idea? Doubling your population while under siege. Particularly when you were already low on food. Particularly when the people new to the town are armed and the townsfolk aren't, really, because they already melted everything down to make spears.

And then some of the Muse soldiers and a few people from the militia take control over one of the food warehouses. Some kids were in there! Oh well, it just means hostages for the Muse soldiers who think Teresa's hiding food somewhere.

They demand Teresa exchange herself as a hostage in return for the kids' release. ... Teresa goes through with it, because Teresa.

All of the Greenhill stars of destiny (and also Nash, who isn't a star of destiny in II, no shit) work on how to rescue her from the Muse soldiers (who plan on giving her over to Highland, because fuck you that's why).

CONNELL: "Sound rune... object of my oath and contract, medium of my technique, let your power fill the earth, and resound!"
CONNELL BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYONE MAGICALLY WTF dude you're a noncombatant now I wish you were a party member

1129lastditch.png
BUT SHIN, TERESA DOESN'T WANT TO BE RESCUED
BEING RESCUED INVOLVES BEING RESCUED
TERESA ALREADY DECIDED TO BE SELF-SACRIFICING
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

... Jeane. Jeane, stop hitting on the random Muse soldiers.
JEANE: "My, my... so rude... Although... from time to time that's nice... a sweaty man like you... Hard to say that you're good-looking, though..."
Sob charm rune sob Jeane

Yada yada, rest is pretty obvious from the game.

And now, some irrelevance:
1134georg.png
Not even Stallion can outrun a Georg on the prowl for cheesecake.
1135annallee.png
Annallee and Shiro and Kinnison. I guess this is more relevant for volume 1 chapter 2, but fuck it.
1137nina.png
Nina feeding cats.

Yo dawg, so I heard you like doubleposting.

I vote Luc.
Because his name is basically Luck, and you need Fortune on your side.

Haha, oops, changed my mind about posting the gaiden interlude just yet but you were already reading it by the time I found it the post(s) went through, so sigh.

Luc is like the opposite of lucky. He has the lowest luck stat in the game in both I and II (his luck's merely very bad in III, though it's better than his party's melee fighter's). Luc is to luck what Jowy is to common sense. Luc is to luck what Viki is to people skills. Luc is to luck what Leknaat is to stairs. The point is, Luc is not going to get us any luck we want.

still, Luc it is!

Whoa, the internet is awesome. I just patched my NA rom, which is good except for the fact that I use my PAL rom most of the time because it's less borked. Pity they don't offer patches for the PAL version ...

The code determines what byte the flag is in, so it can load it, then it determines what bit number within the byte will represent that recipe. If the bit is 1, then you already handed it over to Hai Yo. The problem is, they determine both numbers in a way that is incorrect, and then they use the incorrect numbers wrong by treating the bit number as the byte offset, and the byte offset as the bit number. When they initially calculate the numbers, it's done in such a way that one bit per byte seems not to exist (the last one), and the byte number comes up one off for many recipes. They compute the bit number, and forget that you don't find "bit 1" of byte 4 by right-shifting the value of byte 4 by 1, because that actually puts the second bit into the first position. It's a cavalcade of really dumb mistakes, and it's a miracle that any recipes drop at all after you give a few to Hai Yo.

This routine will determine that Recipe #34 is handed into Hai Yo if the third byte's 5th bit is set. This actually indicates Recipe #21, which is the one the Land Sharks in the Two River Sewers drop. The exact same routine is duplicated for Recipes #1-24, which are a different item type. For whatever reason, the flags are set properly, but checking them is a mess.
... Well, I don't have the land shark one, so actually maybe I'm fine?

LAST TIME: WE'LL DRESS AS COLLEGE STUDENTS. FLIK, YOU CAN BE THE ONE WHO GOES TO CLASS IN PYJAMAS.
So Odessa, Flik, Shiro, Nanami, Luc, Mukumuku! Sounds good to me.
fitcher.png
: "We'll leave for Greenhill immediately. After you've finished your preparations, meet us at the Greenhill gates."
Fitcher leaves.
shu.png
: "Lord Odessa, Greenhill is north of Two River. Please be careful." -- wait, you don't teleport me this time around? Fuckhead!

viktor.png
: "Well, good luck Odessa. You too, Flik."

Oh, hey, the suggestion box has stuff in it!
Training
"I don't mind if people keep dogs in the castle, but please ask them to feed and walk them in a timely fashion. -- Ridley"
Bonaparte
"Bonaparte is so cute. When he saw this box, he wanted to pee on it, but I stopped him. Tee hee hee. -- Millie"

Haha I forgot where I was going and left the castle.
While heading to the docks, I stopped by the graveyard. Viktor is currently standing in front of Daisy's grave. (Have I mentioned how much I love that everyone wanders around the castle a little? Because like, that's pretty awesome! Particularly since a lot of stars move around, and even a bunch of npcs do, too. Everyone has a spot where they usually are, but there's usually at least one other place in the castle they could be at any point in time, and sometimes it's noticable enough that when I walk into the town, for example, Rina's not at her post.)
viktor.png
: "Huh? What? Me? Oh, I just came to pay my respects, that's all." ; ;
Sometimes things like this happen, but I've never seen it:
gengenyoshino.jpg
GENGEN IN YOSHINO'S LAUNDRY THING: "G, G, Gengen is K, Kobold warrior, so m, m, must be t, t, totally... c, c, c, c, c, clean...." GENGEN ON CLOTHESLINE: "Something..... different.... arf."

sles0244207010112183038.png
I got bored and went fishing.
sles0244207010112183111.png
What is it with tenkai and fishing, anyway?
sles0244207010112183050.png
I mean, I guess Thomas isn't known to do it.
sles0244207010112183349.png
But everyone else does.
sles0244207010112183621.png
Fuck you, Yam Koo, squid is delicious.
I do have to wonder where they managed to get a blue folding chair. Maybe it's Viki's fault.
-- WHY WAS THERE A STONEFISH IN LAKE DUNAN

For no particular reason, I drop by Coronet. There are jerkwad Highland soldiers blocking me, but there's man in a purple kimono and white hakama I can talk to.
genshu.png
: "At this moment...... My heart floats in the sky. Excuse me, I am meditating."

[BGM: Imprisoned City] :3 I love this BGM; I put it as my ringtone for people not on my contact list, actually.
In the forest outside Greenhill waits Fitcher!
fitcher.png
: "Lord Odessa, I finished just in time. Lord Flik, these are enrollment papers for the Academy. They're three years out-of-date, so please tell the guards you were delayed by the war."
flik.png
: "Uh... yeah, sure... Hey, Fitcher... you seem to be good with, uh, words... couldn't you help us out a little?"
fitcher.png
: [spins] "I'm afraid I can't. There are many in Greenhill that know my face."
flik.png
: "Then I guess I have to go through with it... But what do we do once we're in?" Try not to let Jeane destroy your brain through smiling and giggling. ... I wonder if the reason Viki's so out of it is too much time spent with Jeane. I wouldn't be surprised.
fitcher.png
: "I'm working on finding out Teresa's whereabouts. When I know something, I'll get word to you somehow. Until then, hang on."
flik.png
: "Right, got it. Okay, leader, let's go."
fitcher.png
: [jump] "Wait a second, Flik!! If you use the word 'leader' we'll be found out right away! Look, there's a place for names on these papers... Come up with some fake names and fill them in. I'll leave it up to you."
Fitcher runs off.
flik.png
: "What should we do, Odessa? You come up with the names, I'm no good at this."
I name Rioudessa ☆☆☆☆☆☆, because.
nanami.png
: [hops] "Then, then, I'll be, I'll be... Yeah! Maybe 'Beth?'"
[ ... names her Gremio.]
nanami.png
: [spins] "Wha...? Gremio? Oh well, okay.... I would have liked Beth better, but..."
flik.png
: "And..."
Fade out.
flik.png
: "All right, that's everyone. Okay, let's go."
nanami.png
: [boing] "Oh no it's not! Flik, you need a name too."
sles0244207010112194222.png
SCHTOLTEHEIM REINBACH III, DUMBFUCKS 8( Stupid translators, can't even spell Schtolteheim Reinbach III.
riou.png
: "Schtolteheim Reinbach III." I can't see a difference between him and Flik!
nanami.png
: [boing] "Oh that's great! Let's go with that!!"
flik.png
: "Uh... On second thought... I'm fine as is. Let's go, Odessa! I mean... Let's go, ☆☆☆☆☆☆!!"

Up to the Highland guard at the gate!
Highland soldier: "Under orders from the Commander, those that have no business in Greenhill may not pass."
flik.png
: "We do have business here..." You don't need to see our identification.
Flik walks over and hands him the papers, presumably.
soldier: "Wha...? You're here to enroll in the Academy?" To be fair, our party includes a six-year-old, a dog, and a squirrel. Also Luc.
flik.png
: "Yeah, we got our papers like three years ago... and, uh, there was the war, you know? So we got, uh, delayed, and, well, we came all the way from Kanakan..."
guard: "Uh-huh. And you are...? You don't look like a teacher... These kids... they can't be... your children?" Poor Flik.
flik.png
: [backs up slowly] "What, are you kidding? I'm working for their parents... I'm these kids' bodyguard."
guard: "Well, your papers seem to be in order. You may pass. You better not cause any trouble, though!" THAT MEANS YOU, MUKUMUKU.
Into the city we go!

We stop right inside the gates.
flik.png
: "So... what are we going to do until we get our instructions? Right... let's get you enrolled. And don't get distracted!"
nanami.png
: "Who's gonna get distracted?? We're not those kind of kids, are we, Odessa?" I'm now picturing Jeane and actual-Odessa being bffs for as long as Odessa can manage to remember what she's doing.
flik.png
: "Okay, okay, let's go."

sles0244207010112195719.png
A bit of Greenhill, just because.
Right in front of the inn is a barrel filled with wine. I'm surprised it's lasted that long!
MAIRIE (a random girl in the inn): "That darn Pico, what's he up to...? 'You're the only one for me... the only girl to have captured my heart.' Whatever!"
'Grand old tableware case It befits a gigantic inn like this'
Hee, there's a kid who keeps rolling around in his bed.
man: "Muse has fallen to Luca Blight... And now people are saying that Lord Alec is gone... What's going on??" I'm pretty sure Alec is/was what you call 'ill'.
man next to a 'Barrel filled with whiskey' 'Barrel filled with some serious wine' 'Barrel filled with honeyed mead': "What am I doing? Isn't it obvious? I'm thinking about what to drink tonight."

Huh, random people in Greenhill aren't saying anything about Greenhill falling to Highland. In fact it's pretty clear that the last time they got updated was when Muse fell.
woman: "Now that you mention it, I haven't seen those flying squirrels around lately." She tells you where the next one to get is, but I already have them all! HAHA.
kid: "Afternoon, mister! What's that thing on your forehead, mister? Huh? Huh?" 8( it's a circlet from Genkaku leave Rioudessa alone
little girl: "I'm Teresa! You'll be Luca Blight, then."

sles0244207010112201323.png
8(! HIGHLAND SOLDIER BOTHERING PEOPLE if he lasts long enough jowy's going to kick his ass
NINA JUMPS.
soldier: "OW! Hey whats that about! Stamping on my foot like that!!!!"
nina.png
: "Hmph!! That's what you get when you stare at a lady with those perverted eyes!!!"
soldier: "Pipe down, little girl, or I won't be responsible for what I do, even if you ARE just a kid!"
nina.png
: "Huh? What's that, big man? You want a piece of me, huh? Huh?"
Nina steps forward. The soldier steps back.
soldier: "Uh... uh... Well..."
Pan back to us.
flik.png
: "What's going on over there?"
sles0244207010112201640.png

riou.png
: "I didn't see a thing."
nanami.png
: [jumps] "WHAT?? No way, no way!! Odessa, you're not gonna help? Are you a man or a mouse?!" Flik says something about getting caught, blah blah, I only like this path because Nanami
riou.png
: "Let's save her!"
flik.png
: "Whoa, this looks bad." WHAT IS 'COVER'
nanami.png
: "That's right! My brother always leaps at the chance to save damsels in distress! Let's go!" Picturing (actual) Odessa as Batman except with less angst, omg someone draw this.
Nanami and I run off to Nina's rescue!
flik.png
: "Yeah, but... HEY! Wait!!"
sles0244207010112201951.png

[BGM: Suspicion, I think]
soldier: "And who the hell are you?"
nanami.png
: [bounce bounce] "Grown men that harass little girls can't be forgiven!"
soldier: "Harass?? Are you kidding? She started this..." Who's the occupying power here, buddy.
nanami.png
: "Whatever. Okay, ☆☆☆☆☆☆ teach him a lesson" Ooh, she remembered my codename!
soldier: [annoyed] "Listen to me!!! Now I'm mad!! So you're gonna fight me, kid? What's your name? ☆☆☆☆☆☆?" Don't I look exactly like all those statues in Gregminster?
flik.png
: [runs up in between soldier and Odessa] "Stop! Pick on someone your own size."
soldier: "What?! Are you trying to make a fool of a Highland soldier? Prepare yourself!!"
flik.png
: [PUSHES HIM] "Prepare myself...? You're the one who needs to be prepared! Are you really ready to lose your head over this?!"
There is a sound, like Flik starting to take out his sword or something else ill-advised for things like 'covers'.
soldier: "Hmph...... Fine. I got a little hot-headed. I'll forgive you... just this once."
And he runs like hell.
flik.png
: "Smart move. All right, let's go, Odessa... I mean... ☆☆☆☆☆☆, Gremio."
We start walking off.
nina.png
: "Eh?? Ah......"
FADE OUT.

woman: "Are you going to the Academy? Be sure to say 'Hello' to the receptionist, Emilia... Sigh... She's not only beautiful, she's got quite a head on her shoulders... I'm smitten." Aww :3 she has a crush

STATS:
- Stars of Destiny: 56 / 108 + squirrel squad
- Jowy Points: Gee, it sure would be awkward if we ran into him here!
- Times Fainted: 1 ... so far ...

NEXT TIME: In which there is much demand for Flik's sword. In more ways than one.

Last edited:

LAST TIME: Everybody loves Schtolteheim Reinbach III. 8D

woman: "Are you going to the Academy? Be sure to say 'Hello' to the receptionist, Emilia... Sigh... She's not only beautiful, she's got quite a head on her shoulders... I'm smitten." Aww :3 she has a crush

girl outside of the school: "Where do you come from? Kyaro? Never heard of it. Me? I'm from Rockland." :3
20120107_213452.png
That path behind the school's not remotely suspicious.

Ladida, wandering New Leaf Academy.
There's a girl who goes, "Oh, this is an ancient script from Harmonia. Me? I'm... in detention."

boy in rune magic: "Miss Jeane... Oh no! I was staring! I forgot to take notes!"
boy in rune magic: "How old do you think Miss Jeane is? I wanted to ask her, but I was kinda scared to..." Well, either she's well over 150 or Jeane is sort of like Nurse Joy and her entire family looks and acts identically.
girl in rune magic: "Miss Jeane makes it all so easy to understand."
jeane.png
: "Tee-hee... Good afternoon..." Hi Jeane.

girl: "Some people say Teresa and her bodyguard Shin are 'close friends,' if you know what I mean, but it's just a rumor." Yeah, it's really Teresa and Lucia. :D

girl in library: "Greenhill is the newest member of the City-State, you know. In order of foundation, it goes South Window, Muse, Two River, Matilda, Tinto, and finally us, Greenhill."

20120107_213953.png
Hi, Emilia!
emilia.png
: "Oh, well, hello, children! What a strange time to be enrolling. Let me see..."
flik.png
: [gives her papers, then moves back] "You say you were delayed by the war?" Haha what?
emilia.png
emilia.png
: "Well, it does seem your papers are in order. Welcome to New Leaf Academy, pride of Greenhill! Allow me to show you children around. By the way..."
She goes to look at Flik.
flik.png
: "Wh, what?"
emilia.png
: "These children... are they yours?" Do they resemble Flik so much? ... Also, did Flik have puppies?
flik.png
: [nervous] "C'mon be serious. I'm their escort, their escort!"
emilia.png
: "I see... of course. All students live in the dormitories at the west end of the campus. The first two weeks of schooling are orientation, during which your attendant may stay at the lodging house east of the dorms."
emilia.png
: [walks back to middle] "Remember, students that prove to be problematic during orientation will be expelled... so be good."
20120107_220150.png

riou.png
: "I understand."
shiro.png
: "Wuff!"
mukumuku.png
: "Mu!"
luc.png
: "Yeah..." I think Luc defines 'behaving' as 'not trying very hard to kill anyone'.
emilia.png
: "Ah, fine replies, I think you children will do fine. Come with me, I'll show you around."
She quickly moves up and offscreen.
nanami.png
: "Um, um, I guess we are a little nervous -- it's our first time at a school."
flik.png
: "Hey, hurry up or we'll be left behind."

I head up by the stairs....
emilia.png
: [looking up] "Down here we have the blacksmith, Runemaster, and appraisal class-rooms. You'll find trainees in each; be sure to talk with them. Up on the second floor are the study halls. During orientation, you may go anywhere on campus, to decide what your major will be." Cooking.
emilia.png
: [turns back] "Do you understand?"
20120112_143005.png

riou.png
: "Yes, ma'am."
shiro.png
: "Waooh."
mukumuku.png
: "Mu!"
luc.png
: "Naturally..."
Some dude in orange wearing a yellow bandana walks down.
emilia.png
: "Oh... Lord Shin."
shin.png
: ". . . . . ?"
emilia.png
: "These are some new students, and their escort."
shin.png
: "I see... Excuse me."
And then he walks down and to the left.
flik.png
: "Who was that?"
emilia.png
: "That was the acting mayor's attendant, but she's been missing since the assault... Teresa, that is."
flik.png
: "Missing, huh..."
emilia.png
: "It's getting fairly late, so be sure to go straight to the dorms after you walk around the school a bit. Well then, everyone, I must be going. I trust you all will become fine students at our Academy!"
And she runs off.
flik.png
: "All right, let's look around. We might be able to find some clues as to Teresa's whereabouts." I liked that suspicious empty patch of forest behind the school; let's check there.

emilia.png
: "Good afternoon, Odessa. What is it? Is there something you don't understand?"
20120112_143440.png

riou.png
: "You sure are beautiful."
emilia.png
: [jumps] "Oh, well, thank you, young man, even if it is just flattery."
[ talks again ]
riou.png
: "Um, is school really difficult?"
emilia.png
: "Hmmm. I wouldn't call it easy, but there's nothing terrible about it. Well, there might be right now, with the occupation and all."
[ talks again ]
riou.png
: "Uh, about that guy named Shin..."
emilia.png
: [glances to the side; checking if no one's listening?] "You want to know about Lord Shin? Why, whatever for?"
20120112_143610.png

riou.png
: "We're searching for Teresa..."
emilia.png
: "Oh my, are you sure you can be telling me this? Tee-hee, I thought you were up to something. That person named Flik has been nosing arond quite a bit..."
20120112_143805.png

riou.png
: "Well... actually, we're..."
Fade out.
emilia.png
: "The Sowston Army... I see. Please, find Lady Teresa. I know she's alive somewhere. Best of luck to you. I'll do whatever I can to help... I promise."

emilia.png
: "Hard at work? Don't worry, I'm your ally!"

If you don't explain to Emilia what you're doing, she doesn't join you. I missed her my first playthrough, though I got her on a later visit to Greenhill. But that was waaaaaaaay late and it's good to be able to give her my Old Books as I find them.

I step outside of the school and pan down to Nina backing up while talking to a friend.
20120112_144152.png

nina.png
: "Yeah, really! Omigosh he was SO COOL!! It's as if he was, like, fighting just for me! He was like... My Prince Charming... Oh, I wish you could have BEEN there!" ... Nina ...
student: "Are you sure you're not just imagining things again...?" It must be hard to be Nina's friend. ... I now kind of want Nina/Red to exist. The Gunnerkrigg Court one.
nina.png
: "Of course not. Ohh, those eyes, that smile... the flower of chivalry is not dead... AH!!!" you're creepy as hell
She jumps and turns towards Flik.
flik.png
: "Huh?"
nina.png
: [ RUNS OVER AND BOUNCES IN FRONT OF HIM A LOT ] "Ahhh...! It's destiny! It's like a dream! We meet again... But what are you doing here? Ah! Did you come... to see me...?" get out
flik.png
: [nervous] "Who are you??"
nina.png
: [sidles up] "Oh, forgive me. My name is Nina. Um, um... I... I wonder... if my lord could tell me... his name?" go sit in the corner until you learn to not be creepy
flik.png
: [ BACKING UP AND BRIGHT RED. ] "H, Hey, wait a second..." She keeps stepping up as he backs up.
nina.png
: [walks back to her friend] "See? See? This is him! I told you he was handsome, didn't I?"
student: "Uh, I guess..."
nanami.png
: [walks over to behind Flik] "Hey, hey, Flik, let's go."
nina.png
: [jumps and walks back over!] "My lord is called Flik? What a wonderful name! If I may be so bold as to ask, whatever is my lord doing here? Y, you couldn't... really be here to see me...?" Nina, you, pills, the corner, now.
flik.png
: "Uh... We're just here to see the school..."
nina.png
: "Then please, let me be your guide! I know this school like the back of my hand. Shall we be off, then, Sir Flik?"
She drags off a very nervous Flik.
Beat.
nanami.png
: "Yes? What is it?"
shiro.png
: "Waooooh."
pilika2.png
: "... Whew."
nanami.png
: "What is it, Pilika? Hmm? You look tired. Let's go to the dorms and rest, Odessa."

I go talk to the woman at the desk in the dorm building!
woman: "You must be the new students. Your rooms have been prepared. The boys' room is at the end of the hall on the second floor, and the girls' room is right next to that. Don't mix them up." THAT MEANS YOU, SHIRO, I DON'T CARE IF NANAMI FEEDS YOU
nanami.png
: [boing boing boing] "Ooh, ooh, let's go check them out!" As a guess they smell like gym socks.
woman: "Listen up, children. Rough-housing in the dorms is not permitted. Also, you will find your rooms spic-and-span. Keep them that way! You may go to your rooms now. You'll be notified at suppertime, so just rest until then."
nanami.png
: "Yes, ma'am! Okay, let's go, Odessa."
20120112_145413.png
Odessa looks around a bit.
nanami.png
: "This looks like our room. Do you want to rest?"
20120112_145939.png

riou.png
: "Yeah, I'm tired."
nanami.png
: "Okay, then. We'll rest until they call suppertime. Let's go, Pilika. We're in the next room." ... I thought the boys were at the end of the hall.

Me, Nanami, and Pilika are in the hallway. Nina is behind us.
nanami.png
: "Whew, that was delicious! If this is what cafeteria food tastes like, I might just have to become a real student here..." Wow, a glowing recommendation from Nanami. I wonder if it's fatal.
nina.png
: [walks over] "Oh, it's you guys. I see, so you've become students here. Sir Flik said that he was your escort?"
nanami.png
: "You're..."
nina.png
: [walks around Nanami, looking at her >|]
nanami.png
: "Wh, wh, what??"
nina.png
: [bounce] "Hmm, no problem. Uh... your name was Nanami, right?"
nanami.png
: "Yeah?"
nina.png
: [walks up, intimidatingly; Nanami backs up] "I'm clearly much more beautiful than you. I don't have to worry about you stealing Sir Flik away from me."
nanami.png
: ". . . . . . . . . . ." I agree.
nina.png
: "I'm sure we'll become good friends, then, Nanami. ...?????? Why are you looking at me like that??" Because you've got issues?
Fade out.

[BGM: Beautiful Morning]
ON A BLACK SCREEN:
nanami.png
: "Gooood mooooorning, Odessa! Get up!"
Fade in to Odessa getting out of bed with Nanami and Pilika in the room.
nanami.png
: "Come on, look alive!" I'M ODESSA FUCKING SILVERBERG THERE'S ONLY SO MUCH OF THAT I CAN MANAGE
pilika2.png
: "... Yawwwwn."
nanami.png
: [briefly nervous] "Looks like Pilika's caught your sleepyhead syndrome, Odessa. Come on, let's go."

I step outside and Flik nervously comes out from behind the building.
flik.png
: "Yo, Odessa. Did you sleep well? Anyway, we don't have too much time. There's something going on with that Shin guy... I think he knows where Teresa is. I'm going to go look for him... Why don't you guys go and see what you can find out? People might be a little more willing to part with information since you're just kids. And don't be conspicuous! Also... The Academy seems safe, but the town's crawling with Highland soliders, so be careful. See ya!" Ooh, Highland soliders. Very scary. Almost as scary as red solider ants.
And he bolts.
nanami.png
: "What's he in such a hurry about?"
Nina runs in from the other side of the building.
nina.png
: "Hah, hah, hah... This is weird! I swear I just saw him... Hey, Nanami! Have you seen Sir Flik?" SAY NO
nanami.png
: "Eh? Eh? Me? Flik went that way..." DAMMIT
nina.png
: "Really?? Are you sure you're not trying to lead me away from my beloved Sir Flik? Whatever. This way, then. And after I made him this delicious box lunch...!" I bet Rioudessa'd eat your bento.
And she nervously bolts.
nanami.png
: ". . . . . Uh, uh, let's go look for Shin, okay?" You should feel guilty for selling out Flik.

Right next to the dorm building is a 'Barrel filled with manure'. No wonder it smells.

Emilia's not behind the desk.

No Shin in the school, I guess.

Oh, Emilia's between the school and the town. She stops me as I pass.
emilia.png
: "Good morning, children. Did you sleep well? By the way... Will you be going into town? You must be careful... There've been an awful lot of Highland soldiers wandering about since this morning. The Academy seems to be safe... it's been declared clear by the commander from Highland. Why a person that uses such brutal tactics would leave the Academy alone is beyond me, but I'm grateful." Because Jowy and his bff strategist are efficient and amoral not evil.

soldier near inn: "Teresa's supposed to be hiding in this inn somewhere. We'll tear up the floorboards to find her if we need to, ha ha ha ha!!"
When I get around the front of the inn, Nanami stops me.
nanami.png
: "Gosh, this doesn't look good. Let's see what's going on here."
[BGM: Suspicion]
man at inn: "P... please... stop... We've... done nothing..."
soldier: [bounce and steps up >E] "Shut your mouth!! We've received information that Teresa's holed up in this building!"
man: [backs up] "Th... that's... a lie... Who would say such a thing...?"
soldier: "Ha ha ha ha ha!! Our informant was a former soldier from Muse. To think he'd sell out an ally for such a pittance... You people are pathetic!!" Gee, a lot of Muse soldiers are fuckheads. Riots and kidnappings and selling out random Greenhill people ...
man: "Aaagh... That... that battle..."
MAIRIE: [looks away] "Waaaaaaaaaaah!!!"
Pan back to us, hiding behind a wall and some trees.
nanami.png
: "Odessa..."
20120112_153821.png
I'm sort of divided on which one Odessa'd pick.
riou.png
: "Let's help them."
nanami.png
: [boing] "W, wait, Odessa!!"
Pan back up to the inn surrounded by soldiers. A familiar figure walks in.
rowd.png
: "Are you going to stand there in a daze all day?! If you keep giving us trouble, maybe we should burn this place down!!" Hi Rowd!
man: ! "No... Please..."
The man backs up. Shin walks over.
shin.png
: "Captain, what reason have you for such actions?"
rowd.png
: "What reason? It's obvious. You're not telling me where Teresa is. You're bringing this on yourself!" Asshole.
shin.png
: "When we surrendered, the Lord Commander from Highland promised no more violence..."
ROWS: "That's right... if he hadn't made such a promise, we'd be torturing each and every one of you until you talked. As you can see, the commander is really a very peaceable man." He's still dumped though.
shin.png
: [backs up] "Damn..."
rowd.png
: "All right, find out where they're hiding her, quickly now! But you don't need to go as far as setting fires... we wouldn't want to make our 'Lord Commander' angry, now, would we?" I think he might be a little bitter.
Fade out.

[BGM: Imprisoned City, which is the usual Greenhill music]
The soldiers are gone; Shin's talking to the people at the inn.
shin.png
: "Forgive me... Even though my apologies mean nothing..."
man: [spins] "It's all right... If Lady Teresa lives that is..."
woman: [bounce] "What are you talking about!!! You're the reason we're in this mess!!! That cowardly mayor of yours...."
man: "Stop, won't you? I'm sorry... please don't worry about it. W, well then..."
Mairie leads presumably her parents back into the inn.
shin.png
: ". . . . . . . ."
And Shin bolts off.
nanami.png
: "Ah, ahhh...!! There he goes! We've got to follow."
When I get onto school grounds, Emilia is gone.
nanami.png
: "How strange... Where could he have gone...? And... that battle everyone's talking about... I wonder what happened?"
pilika2.png
nanami.png
: "What should we do, Odessa? Pilika's getting tired... Should we be getting back to the dorms?"

Back to the room...
nanami.png
: "We didn't find anything after all... Do you want to just rest until supper?"
20120112_155225.png

riou.png
: "G'night!!"
nanami.png
: "See you in a little while, then, Odessa!"
NAPTIME

[BGM: crickets]
We walk upstairs. Nina is sneaking behind us.
nanami.png
: "The food was great today, too, wasn't it? I had plenty of seconds... I couldn't resist! Odessa, you should eat more. You're a growing boy."
nina.png
: "Oh, good timing. Hey, Nanami, can I ask you something?"
nanami.png
: "Wh, wh, what...??"
nina.png
: "Um, do you know what Sir Flik likes?? I want to make him a really fantastic dinner, but I'm not sure what to do..." He likes Odessa and Viktor and beer.
nanami.png
: "I, I don't really know, but... Um, first, why don't you take some really bracing tincture, or something, then just, uh, go for it like mad. Even if you make some mistakes, it's, uh, the thought that counts..."
nina.png
: "Hmm, that's not a bad idea. Thanks, Nanami! Bye now!" Oh dear.
She starts walking away, then stops.
[BGM: Ghost Story]
nina.png
: "Oh, Nanami, I forgot to tell you... don't make too much noise at night. If you start a pillow fight, or something, you might wake up the 'wandering ghost'."
Nanami jumps. Nina leaves.
nanami.png
: [ FREAKING OUT SO MUCH ] "W, wandering ghost??? Th, th, there's a GHOST here?!" So Nanami is terrified of ghosts and zombies.
pilika2.png
: ". . . . . . . . ."
nanami.png
: "N-n-n-no w-w-way. Th-th-there's n-n-no s-s-such th-th thing as g-g-ghosts... R-r-right, Odessa??"
20120112_161245.png

riou.png
: "At the stroke of midnight..."
nanami.png
: "AIEEE!! S-s-stop it!! I-I-I'm not afraid of g-g-ghosts that d-d-don't even exist!! Come on, Pilika. Y-you don't have to b-b-be scared, big sis Nanami will l-l-let you sleep in her b-b-bed."
Pilika goes ? and fade out.

There are some completely terrifying noises while it's faded out.

STATS:
- Jowy Points: I WONDER WHO THAT COMMANDER ROWD HATES COULD BE.

NEXT TIME: In which there is still much demand for Flik's sword. In more ways than one.

Last edited:

A two-post part ...
OH, FUCKING HELL. Imageshack's decided it's going to institute a 500 image cap for free accounts. Sigh this is going to be pretty much entirely broken in the near future. As such, I'm actually getting around to fixing up things enough to repost on dreamwidth! (That's relevant to imageshack being a butt because I'm reuploading everything to photobucket as I go.) If any of you are up for the tedium of describing images, let me know and I'll send you ones I still need descriptions for! 8D

LAST TIME: Emilia wants to help! Shin's hiding shit! Rowd-taichou is a fuckhead! Yeah, what else is new.

There are some completely terrifying noises while it's faded out.

[BGM: Beautiful Morning]
nanami.png
: "G, good morning... Odessa... Did you sleep okay??"
luc.png
: "What, you can't sleep because you're afraid of that 'ghost,' right?" Shut up, jerk.
nanami.png
: "Wh, wh, what?? Of course not!!"
mukumuku.png
: "Mun????"
Pilika bounces around a lot.
nanami.png
: "Oooohhh...!!!"

We step outside and look around...
luc.png
: "Where did he go?"

Right inside the school, Nina's skulking about in a dark alley.
nina.png
: "Ah!!"
20120112_162857.png

riou.png
: "I dunno."
nanami.png
: [runs out and jumps] "Before that, there's something I have to ask you."
nina.png
: [hop] "I need to talk to you about something, too. Good timing... Why don't you go first, then."
nanami.png
: [backs up] "Uh, uh, okay. Hey, hey, um, Nina... ... uh ... is it true??"
nina.png
: "Is WHAT true?"
nina.png
: "Oh, you don't mean... The 'wandering ghost'?"
nanami.png
: "Uh... y, yeah."
nina.png
: "Ha ha ha ha ha ha! No! You didn't really believe that old rumor, did you?"
nanami.png
: ! "It's... it's not true??"
nina.png
: "'Course not. Oh, but... a lot of kids have been seeing weird shadows and stuff at night lately... ... It might be true after all."
nanami.png
: [backs up] "N, n, no way..."
nina.png
: [angry poof and steps up!] "Anyway... Nanami! How COULD you? I thought you were my friend!"
nanami.png
: ? "? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Wha? What? Wha?"
nina.png
: "Don't pretend like you don't know. I was hanging around Sir Flik's place yesterday, and... he has someone he loves?? Someone who's 'always with him'??" IT'S THE STAR DRAGON SWORD ISN'T IT
nanami.png
: "Wh, wh, what do you MEAN?? Wait... you don't think..."
nina.png
: "I won't give up! Nanami!! It's a duel!!!" Meanwhile Odessa's like 'i'm right here'.
Nina walks off.
nanami.png
: "Wha? Wha? Are you kidding? You've completely lost me..."
20120112_163527.png

riou.png
: "Uh... is this... a misunderstanding?"
nanami.png
: "Huh? So you think so???? Ah! You mean she may be... jealous????"
luc.png
: "How long are we going to hang around here? We should be searching for Flik."

I step outside and there's Flik.
flik.png
: "Yo, sorry about that. It took a long time to get here, avoiding Nina and all. Hmm? What is it?"
nanami.png
: [steps up] "Uh... Nina's..."
Fade out.
flik.png
: ". . . . . Oh, man... How could this have happened? Don't worry, though, Nanami... I'm not interested in children." IT'S GREAT TO HAVE THAT CLARIFIED.
nanami.png
: [steps back] "Thank goodness... Wait a second... 'children'???" /)_(\ Flik, go sit in the corner.
Nanami hops.
flik.png
: "All right, let's head for town. I got instructions yesterday... We're to wait for Fitcher."

I step into town and --
pilika2.png
: "!!!"
20120112_164453.png
Fitcher's surrounded.
yellow shirt man: "You! You there! Traitor!!"
man on right: "Look at you, slinking around all suspicious-like!!"
fitcher.png
: "N, no...! I'm no traitor..."
blue man: "You are! You are! I can tell from your Muse accent! You're with those bastards from Muse!!"
The browncoat (ha, ha) on the left hits Fitcher.
fitcher.png
: "N, n, no! Please, stop!! It has nothing to do with me..."
Pan back to us.
nanami.png
: "Wh, wh, what should we do?"
flik.png
: [steps up] "Odessa, You guys wait here. Leave this to me." Okay, Flik!
Flik strolls over to the group of men surrounding Fitcher.
flik.png
: "Hey, what's going on? Did this guy do something?"
right browncoat: "Hmph. I've never seen you before. Get out of here, stranger."
flik.png
: "Well, yeah, I am a stranger here, so I don't know the whole situation, but... Aren't Greenhill and Muse comrades-in-arms?"
man: "Hmph, you don't know anything. If the bastards from Muse weren't here, this never would have happened to us. They stabbed us in the back... betrayed us! This idiot here's one of them."
fitcher.png
: [finally turns around.] "Ah! Thank the gods! Fl... I mean... kind traveller, please, help me..."
flik.png
: [steps up] "Hmm, a traitor, huh? He sold out his allies? He can't get away with this!" Flik. Flik no. It was funnier when Gremio did it.
yellow: "Yeah, exactly! You understand, don't you?"
fitcher.png
: "Oh... oh... Why me..."
flik.png
: "Hmm. I don't think his crimes are grave enough to warrant a lynching, but... Why not just hack his head off? Here, you can use my sword." [ FACEPALM. FACEPALM SO HARD. ]
right browncoat: "Wha? ... I, I..."
20120112_165512.png
Flik offers him his sword. The man backs up.
flik.png
: "Come on, don't hold back. You hate this guy, don't you? Am I wrong?"
browncoat: "B, but..." [moves out of the way]
flik.png
: [to the yellowcoat: ] "Then what about you?"
20120112_165636.png
Mr Yellow backs away.
yellow: "I... I... No, I'm fine..."
flik.png
: [steps closer to Flik, glaring, and unsheathes his sword] "Hmph. Have you no backbones?! Looks like I'll have to do it..."
20120112_165734.png
He raises his sword above his head.
men: "Eeeeeeyaaaaahhh!!!"
And they leave.
20120112_165813.png
Fitcher's eyes go wide and then he crouches down, holding his head. After they're out of eyesight, Flik puts his sword away.
[BGM: Imprisoned City]
shiro.png
: "Aoooh."
luc.png
: "Hmph. Not too bad, I guess." 'It'd be better if you actually killed him, but that'll do.'
flik.png
: "Hey, Fitcher, how long do you plan on staying like that?"
fitcher.png
: "Eeeyaah...!!" [sits up a little and is shocked, raises his arms to his face with his eyes super wide (it's kind of hilarious) "P, please, save..." ? "Huh?? Wha?" [turns to Flik and blinks] "I... I'm alive?"
Fade out.

We're now in a garden.
flik.png
: "I see... You've found no trace of Teresa."
fitcher.png
: "I'm sure she must be in hiding somewhere nearby."
flik.png
: "Oh well, Odessa, we'll just have to return to the Academy and gather more information. Fitcher, you see what you can find out, too... but be careful."
fitcher.png
: "I'm afraid I can't. I don't want anything like that little scene we just had to happen again. Oh, I almost forgot. The general that brought Greenhill down is coming back here in two or three days... This guy knows what time it is, if you know what I mean, so be careful." WHAT TIME IS IT? It's morphing time.
Fitcher walks off.
nanami.png
: "Whew... Where should we be looking...?"
pilika2.png

We step onto school groups and THERE IS THE CREEPER.
nina.png
: [jump] "Ahhhhh!! Nanami, you're HORRIBLE! Are you standing between me and my Sir Flik again?!"
nanami.png
: "Eh? Eh? Eh?"
flik.png
: "I'll leave this to you, Odessa." And off he goes.
nina.png
: "Ahhhh, wait, Sir Flik! Why do you run from true love?? You needn't be so bashful!!" And off she goes!
pilika2.png
: "???" Damn right.
nanami.png
: "Whew... Are you tired? I'm tired. Shall we get back to our rooms, Odessa?"

And so --
nanami.png
: "Um, um, um, what do you think today's supper will be??? I can't wait!"
20120112_171520.png

riou.png
: "Yeah, maybe you're right."
nanami.png
: "You think so too, Odessa? . . . . . . . . . . Huh? Are you implying something??"
Pilika bounces.
nanami.png
: "Pilika, are you looking forward to supper too?"
-- and fade out. We're walking upstairs.
nanami.png
: "Urrrgh... And I HATE spinach..." I wonder if her hatred of spinach is hard-coded. She's apparently a vegetarian.
Pilika jumps and goes !
nanami.png
: "It's okay... I ate it all like a big girl."
Nina walks over and jumps.
nina.png
: "Ah! Nanami!!" [runs] "You won during the day, but our duel is just beginning."
nanami.png
: "'D, duel...?'"
20120116_200724.png

riou.png
: "Why are you after Flik, anyway?"
Nina spins and turns around. We walk off.
nina.png
: "Eh? What?? What a foolish question. Why, you ask? Tee-hee. What do the troubadors call it...? Ah yes, destiny. It's destiny. That day, that hour... I felt the hand of destiny upon my brow when Sir Flik fought in my honor. Aaah... I've heard the poets speak of it, but to FEEL it... Just talking about it makes me swoon... Sigh." I see the word 'troubadour' and think of Fire Emblem ...
Nina walks back into the hallway and spins.
nina.png
: "Wh, wha???"
Fade out.
We're all right next to our rooms!
nanami.png
: "Well then, g'night!"
luc.png
: "Let's hope the 'ghost' doesn't show up tonight..." Fucking asshole.
nanami.png
: [jump] "W, w, w, we're okay!! R, r, right, Pilika??"
Pilika goes ?
mukumuku.png
: "Mu??"
Fade out.

MORE TERRIFYING NOISES
on a black screen:
nanami.png
: "Odessa...!"
[BGM: Pursuit]
Fade into all the boys standing in Odessa's room. Odessa gets out of bed and walks out to see Nanami and Pilika. I wince at my party being too dudely.
nanami.png
: "Did you hear that?! Did you hear that creak?!"
pilika2.png
: "Oooooohhh...."
nanami.png
: [hop] "Hey, hey, Odessa... Go and look... Make sure it's not a ghost!"
I step into the hallway and Nanami and Pilika both are worried and follow me.
nanami.png
: "You're awful, Odessa! Don't leeeeave me heeere..." Well, I talked to you and you didn't follow ...
pilika2.png
: "Ooh!"
nanami.png
: [hop] "I don't want to be left behind. Let's go together."
PILIKA: [boing] "!!!"
20120117_182006.png
A suspiciously Shin-like shadow bolts upstairs!
nanami.png
: "What? What? What? Huh??? That's no ghost... Maybe it's a cat or something?"
shiro.png
: "Waoooooh!" I bet he'd like it to be a cat.

20120117_182404.png
None of the students appear to have locked their doors. This boy appears to be hot for teacher.
I move into the hallway and definitely not Shin bolts from the bottom of the screen down the stairs.
nanami.png
: "No, no, no, no, I can't see anything! Nothing's there!"
Back down ... he bolts from whatever hallway I don't go down back down the stairs.
nanami.png
: "Uh, uh, Odessa... Y, y, y, you don't think... The g, g, g, ghost could have gone into our room, do you?"
To ground floor ... He heads to the basement.
nanami.png
: "No, no, no, no, I can't see anything! Nothing's there!"
20120117_182752.png
No one's in the basement. Odessa walks to the end of the room, spins around confusedly.
nanami.png
: [hops] "AIEEE!! No, no, no, no!!! Now it's gone!! What's happening?! L, l, l, let's go b, b, back!!! Odessa! Let's go!! Come on, quick, quick!!!"
I examine the lamp that's off. It turns on and opens a door.
nanami.png
: "Wha? Wha? Wha? Wha? What? What? What's this???"
shiro.png
: "Waoooh!"
Oooh, mysterious underground tunnel! Heading northeast.
20120117_183046.png
into ... the school?
I walk upstairs and Shin bolts again.
nanami.png
: "Ah! There it goes!! All right! It's not a ghost, then. Hah!! How DARE you scare a lady?! I will not forgive!!"
shiro.png
: ". . . . ." You know you're doing something wrong if the dog thinks you're stupid.

20120117_183459.png
Well, he's got a bandana.
nanami.png
: "Okay. When you hear the signal, rush in and tackle it."
shiro.png
: "Waoooooh..."
nanami.png
: "Me? I'm hunky-dory. Ready... GO!!!"
WE SURROUND HIM 8D and the music stops
guy: "Uwah!!!"
shiro.png
: "Waooooh!!"
mukumuku.png
: "Mu-mu-mu!!!" And if I switch one of them out for Luc, I get
luc.png
: "What am I doing here...?" We all wonder that, Luc.
nanami.png
: "Oooh, you, you... Who is it, anyway?!"
guy: "What the hell are you up to!? Are you insane?!" Pilika goes !
We back up and ... hi Flik.
luc.png
: "Ah..."
nanami.png
: "Eh? Eh? Eh? What??? Oh, I get it! Flik's been wandering around night after night like a ghost... But why would you do that?"
flik.png
: [steps up] "Who's been acting like a ghost?! I was tailing that guy Shin. There's something suspicious about him... He's a tricky one, though... The Highland Army's after him, too, so it's to be expected. I figured he's got to be doing whatever he does at night, so I've been watching and waiting... And I just spotted him! I tailed him all the way here until you showed up..."
nanami.png
: "... And then we caught you."
flik.png
: "Hmph..."
shiro.png
: "Waooh!"
flik.png
: "Yeah, no doubt."

I walk down the hall to a suspicious statue.
mukumuku.png
: "Mu..."
nanami.png
: [hop] "Eh? Eh...? It can't be... Is it really... a g, g, ghost...?"
flik.png
: "Of course not. There's got to be some kind of mechanism somewhere. Let's search for it, Odessa."

luc.png
: "This is just so sad."

I examine the statue and a door opens to outside!
pilika2.png
: "!!!"
nanami.png
: "Odessa, you're so cool!!! Naturally, you're my little brother."
flik.png
: "Come on, let's go."

We're now outside where I'd pointed out earlier!
Ladida, running through the Greenhill woods ... Wow, Odessa is doing about 800 an action.
-- WHOA WHAT
20120117_202454.png
Mukumuku got inflicted with balloon and floated off! One balloon. I wonder if one balloon doing it's because he's tiny or if yeah, it only takes one balloon now. This is the first time I've ever been inflicted with balloon in II! And fuck, balloon is persistent across battles. He goes back to floating off the field every fight.
Gods that took ages. Eventually managed to get Luc inflicted with balloon; he didn't float off immediately. I guess Mukumuku's weaker to it because he's light. Aaaaaaaand something finally dropped some needles; bringing Mukumuku down now. And removing Luc's balloon. Why don't they just untie it ...?

When I get to a mildly open area, we stop.
flik.png
: "What's that? It looks suspicious..."
20120117_205432.png
Pan up to Teresa's house.
nanami.png
: "It's gotta be the ghost's haunted shack!" ... if you say so
shiro.png
: "Waooh?"
flik.png
: "Anyway, let's check it out."
Pilika goes ! and jumps.
20120117_205705.png
SHIN WALKS DOWN
[BGM: Tension]
shin.png
: "I knew we'd be discovered eventually... However, my lady requires a bit more time here."
flik.png
: "Hey, wait, we're..."
shin.png
: "Shut your mouth!"
20120117_205941.png

riou.png
: "We cannot forgive you, ghost!"
nanami.png
: "Yeah!"
pilika2.png
20120117_205941.png

riou.png
shiro.png
: "Waooh?"
20120117_205941.png

riou.png
flik.png
: "That's enough jokes, don't you think?"
20120117_210235.png
BUT I WASN'T DONE YET
riou.png
: "We are your allies!"
shin.png
: "I do not know who you are, so I cannot consider you an ally. I'm sorry, but I can't let you leave here alive." . . .
flik.png
: "You refuse to listen to us?! Are you after a fight? You'll find us very different from those Highland soldiers..."
shin.png
: "With my blade, Tarantula, in hand, I have nothing to fear... from anyone." BUT WHAT ABOUT GHOSTS
There is a snickity snick noise.
flik.png
: "If we're talking about reasons not to lose, we have 'em too, buddy!"
There is another snickity noise. They both step up to each other and are STARING EACH OTHER DOWN. Sit, boy.
nanami.png
: "N... no..."
[BGM: NONE]
pilika2.png
: [hopping a lot] "... Sniff... Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!"
shin.png
: [backs up super fast] "Children... why..."
[BGM: Heart Softening Music, whichever one gets used in the ending sequence]
teresa.png
: [walks in.] "Shin... please, stop."
shin.png
: "My lady... but these people..."
teresa.png
: "There... there has been enough fighting... I beg you, Shin... please stop."
flik.png
: [steps up very slowly] "Wait a minute. We haven't come to capture you. I'm Flik of the Sowston Army. This is our leader, Odessa."
I walk closer to her.
teresa.png
: "The Sowston Army..."
Fade out.
[BGM: none]
We are now in Teresa's hideout!
teresa.png
: "Then I shall take your word that you are truly from the Sowston Army."
shin.png
: "My lady..."
teresa.png
: "Even if they are from the Highland Army, we needn't do such roundabout things, Shin. Lord Odessa, why have you taken so much trouble especially to see me?"
20120117_211101.png

riou.png
: "Uh..."
nanami.png
: "Hey, Odessa. What's wrong?"
20120117_211221.png

riou.png
: "Well..."
flik.png
: "What is it? Do you get tongue-tied talking to beautiful women?"
20120117_211317.png

riou.png
: "Actually..."
Pilika walks over and nudges me. ". . . . ."
nanami.png
: "Look, look, even Pilika's saying, 'go for it!'"
20120117_211424.png

riou.png
: "We've come to save you."
teresa.png
: "You came to... save me? Why?"
flik.png
: [steps up] "Why? Our army's military strength is still fairly slight. Even with the aid of Two River, we aren't in a position to wage war against Highland's main army. So, lady Teresa, we need your strength." Yeah that is totally going to get her to join you good job there.
teresa.png
: [looks around frantically] "My strength? No, what you seek is Greenhill's strength..."
Pause.
teresa.png
: "Forgive me, Lord Odessa. I'm afraid I cannot help you."
20120117_212233.png

riou.png
: "Why is that?"
teresa.png
: "I abandoned my citizens, and escaped here alone... I am no longer acting mayor of Greenhill. And I... don't want... anything like that battle to ever..."

Fade to black.
[BGM: A Prayer to My Mother] I'd been wondering for ages when this actually got used! I love this track :3
teresa.png
: "It became obvious that Highland was after Greenhill, and so the citizens were preparing to fight."
Fade into the guard noticing that the Muse soldiers are coming to Greenhill and Teresa and Shin greeting them.
20120117_212557.png

20120117_212602.png

20120117_212608.png

teresa.png
: "Highland released the captured Muse soldiers, and they came to Greenhill. At first, everyone rejoiced, without knowing the true meaning of the soldiers' arrival..."
Fade out, then into Greenhill people and Muse soldiers training with Teresa and Shin.
20120117_212740.png

teresa.png
: "Highland returned the weapons and armor they had confiscated from the Muse soldiers. There were skeptics, but most of the citizens assumed there must have been some Highland commander or other that wanted a fair fight. More than anything, the increase in military power due to the Muse soldiers was invaluable to the morale of the dejected citizens."
A man runs over to Teresa.
teresa.png
: "Before long, the Highland Army appeared, and the citizens prepared for battle. However..."
Fade out, and then into Seed and Culgan leading parts of the Highland Army outside the Greenhill gates.
20120117_212927.png

teresa.png
: "The Highland Army began their siege, but made no move to attack."
Fade out and into Muse soldiers and Greenhill civilians in town.
20120117_213100.png

teresa.png
: "The addition of the Muse soldiers had nearly doubled Greenhill's army, and the food supply was now decreasing with alarming speed."
Fade out and into fighting outside the inn.
20120117_213148.png

teresa.png
: "Soon enough, the soldiers and the citizens were at odds over the dwindling provisions. The Greenhill citizens thought, 'This is food for Greenhill,' but the Muse soldiers considered it food for fighting."
Fade out.
teresa.png
: "And so..."
Fade into rioting.
20120117_213304.png

teresa.png
: "The Muse soldiers rebelled, taking the food storehouses by force, throwing the city into chaos. It seems obvious now that Highland must have given the Muse soldiers back their weapons for just this purpose."
Fade out.
teresa.png
: "And then... we... Right in front of the Highland Army, we... were defeated without even having fought." 8)
Fade back into us in her shack. No music; just crickets.
teresa.png
: "That... is what happened... Comrades-in-arms... Killing each other over mere food... All that remained in us was distrust for each other... And... I, as acting mayor of Greenhill, could not prevent this..." 'mere' food?
She backs up and turns away, then turns back after a moment.
teresa.png
: "Forgive me... Lord Odessa... I can't help you... Please, please... Return home..."
Fade out.

We're back in the field where Shin accosted us.
shin.png
: "Excuse me, but you should leave Greenhill as soon as possible. And... I'm not saying I distrust you, but if the Highland Army discovers Lady Teresa's whereabouts, I will hunt you down." Eh I think they may be more concerned with me ...
flik.png
: "Don't threaten us. You're called Shin, right? What do you plan to do? You can't hide here forever."
shin.png
: "We need a bit more time here. Lady Teresa wishes it..."
And he walks away.
nanami.png
: "Gosh, we came all this way and found Teresa for nothing, I guess."
flik.png
: "Yeah. Looks like this was all pointless. Odessa, we'll leave Greenhill tomorrow."
shiro.png
: "Sniff..."
luc.png
: "The Highland Army's sure to find us out sooner or later..."
Fade out.

STATS:
- Jowy Points: It's really good that assuming Fitcher's right, we still have a day or two before the commander shows up 8)

NEXT TIME: It would be really awkward if Fitcher was wrong, huh!

Well obviously the reason why nobody unties the Balloons is because the strings are majyykally attached to the person.

Getting down to when imageshack is going to delete a fuckton of stuff, sigh. Seriously, if any of you have the patience to help me with this shit, it would be so appreciated.

Content note for discussions of suicide in this update!

LAST TIME: TERESA IS A JERK. We're leaving Greenhill today! I sure hope the Highland commander doesn't get here early!

[BGM: Beautiful Morning] i know the time was coming today in the morning like this such a beautiful day~
nanami.png
: "Morning, Odessa. So today we say good-bye to this school... It was fun... kind of. And the food was delicious." Priorities.
pilika2.png

Heading downstairs ...
Flik is over by the entrance to the school.
flik.png
: "Are you sure you didn't forget anything? We won't be back here anytime soon, you know." I already got Emilia, thanks for checking.
20120124_113638.png

riou.png
: "I'm ready."
luc.png
: "That girl... You're going to leave without saying anything to her?" Shut up.
flik.png
: [looks south, then back to us and jumps] "Don't be ridiculous. ... Now that you mention it, I haven't seen her since this morning. Well, it has nothing to do with me. Come on, let's go."

[BGM: Imprisoned City]

Down we go...
20120124_113930.png
That crowd isn't remotely suspicious.
We look around frantically.
nanami.png
: "What? What???"
flik.png
: "What's..."
20120124_114049.png
Pan to Rowd surrounded by Highland soldiers!
rowd.png
: [kicks the ground] "All right, listen up!! This is an announcement from the Prince of Highland, Luca Blight!! 20,000 Potch and the right of Highland citizenship will be awarded to whomever captures Teresa, former acting mayor!!"
Parts of the crowd spin around and jump.
someone: "Liar!!"
They spin and jump a bit more.
woman: "That's right!! How can we trust a nation that's already broken their promises!?" Good, you don't trust Highland. It means you have a brain. It's like trusting Harmonia with anything.
They jump REALLY HIGH this time.
everyone: "Yeah!! Yeah!!"
Pan back to us.
flik.png
: "A cash reward and immunity... It's only a matter of time before someone comes forward..."
Pilika jumps up and goes !
nanami.png
: "What is it, Pilika..." ! [ JUMPS ] "... N... No! That's a lie...!"
Pan back to Rowd.
rowd.png
: "How dare you! If you won't trust us, then..."
20120124_114541.png
SOMEONE VERY FAMILIAR WALKS IN AND IN FRONT OF ROWD
jowy-commander.png
: "Citizens of Greenhill, please listen to what I have to say. The parties responsible for yesterday's unlawful investigation are already being punished." Rowd's in the pigpen~ o/~
rowd.png
: [looks down, then away] ". . . . ." [ looks back ]HAHA YOU'RE IN THE PIGPEN
jowy-commander.png
: "This is a formal offer from Prince Luca Blight of Highland. I swear on my own life that our promises will be kept." That's great, Jowy. Just great.
blue man: [hops] "... Is it really...??"
jowy-commander.png
: "There is, however, one condition. Teresa must be delivered alive... No reward will be given for a corpse."
Muse soldier: "2... 20,000 Potch..." That's, like, what you get from beating up two Highland Soldiers in L'Renouille. Or one Chimera in the Tenzan Pass, ZING. (Chimeras are programmed in but have a 0% appearance rate, gj guys.)
Pan back to us.
nanami.png
: "Wh, why? Why?? What is Jowy doing here??" ... Conquering?
Pilika starts walking over to her Jowy :3
nanami.png
: "Ah! Pilika!!"
Nanami starts following!
flik.png
: "Hey! Wait!!! Damn it, you brat!!"
20120124_115139.png

riou.png
: "We have to follow her!"
flik.png
: "Okay, let's go!!"
20120124_115239.png
Pan to Nanami and Pilika accosting Jowy.
rowd.png
: [walks up between Jowy and Nanami] "What...? Who's this little girl?"
Rowd jumps and the crowd parts enough to let my party through.
rowd.png
: "Huh?? You're...!!" HI CAPTAIN
rowd.png
: [bounce bounce bounce] "Y, you..."
20120124_115408.png
Odessa looks down, then back at Jowy.
riou.png
: "Jowy... Why are you..." Jowy you're making BAD DECISION you are GROUNDED FOREVER
jowy-commander.png
: [looks down] ". . . . . . . . . ."
rowd.png
: "H, hey! Get them! They're..."
fitcher.png
: "Hey, you people!! Capture them!! Spies!! They're spies!! There will be rewards!!" WAIT WHAT THE FUCK FITCHER
-- oh
The crowd starts trying to get us and we run away in the confusion. Rowd chases after us. Jowy just stands there.
rowd.png
: "D, damn!! Quickly, get them!! Out of the way, damn you!!" THANKS FITCHER SORRY I DOUBTED YOU 8D
jowy-commander.png
: "Odessa..."
Culgan and Seed walk up to join Jowy.
culgan.png
: "That's the leader of the Sowston Army, isn't it... The one that defeated Kiba at Two River."
seed.png
: "You're sure we shouldn't follow, commander?"
jowy-commander.png
: "Rowd will take care of it. We'll leave it to him."
seed.png
: "Naturally..."
culgan.png
: "Teresa... No matter what you say, we won't give her up." ... eh? Not sure what this was supposed to be.
jowy-commander.png
: "... I suppose so..."
Fade out.

We are in front of the school.
Highland soldiers: "Over there!!"
They cut off our exit.
flik.png
: "Tsk!!"
F A I T O
flik.png
: "This is bad. There's bound to be tons of Highland soldiers at the gate."
mukumuku.png
: "Mu?"
flik.png
: "Good thinking. We've got to get Teresa out of here, even if we have to use force. As if their promises can be believed!!"
I run into the school ...
Highland soldiers: "Over there!!" FUCK OFF

Emilia's fled. Jeane hasn't.

Oh whoops that's the secret passage to the dorms, wrong one.

Am now behind the building! Music stops and is replaced by birds chirping once I'm out of Greenhill proper.

Iiiiiiii get attacked by yet another group of Highland soldiers, I guess because they really enjoy being bludgeoned.

You know how I got super overleveled by going to Matilda early on? I'm now only like four or five levels above what I should be at most.

When I'm halfway to Teresa, we stop.
shiro.png
: "Waoooooooh!"
mukumuku.png
: "Mu???"
nanami.png
: "Wh... Why... Why would... Jowy..."
flik.png
: "The commander that 'knew what time it is' Fitcher was talking about... it must have been Jowy. But... It's hard to believe... A commander in the Highland Army..."
pilika2.png

20120124_121338.png
We're in Teresa's hideout. Shin and Nina are there.
[BGM: Reminiscence ~ Strings Version]
nina.png
: "... So, come on, we've got to run...!"
nina.png
: [steps forward, looks at us, jumps] "Oh my!! Sir Flik, whatever are you doing here? Goodness... Have you been following me...?" ONE TO TALK
flik.png
: [hop] "What... How do you know this place!?"
shin.png
: [turns to Nina, turns back to Flik] "Nina has been helping me. Whenever I needed supplies, she would buy them... I fear I would have stood out too much." Yeah it's kind of blatantly obvious that you'd know where Teresa is.
nina.png
: [hop] "Flik, what are you doing here?"
flik.png
: [walks in front of Odessa to between Shin, Odessa, and Teresa] "We've come to get you, Lady Teresa, and escape. The situation has changed. This time, if we must, we will use force..."
teresa.png
: [glances at Nina] "Nina has already informed me of what is happening."
nanami.png
: [boingboingboing] "Then, then, then, let's get out of here. If we stay here we'll be found in no time..."
teresa.png
: [looks at the wall, then back] "No... I will not run. I will be the cause of no more suffering for my people. Once they have captured me, Highland's oppression of Greenhill will end... I have no other options." TERESA WHY
nina.png
: [steps over to Teresa ...] "B... But... Wait a minute..."
teresa.png
: "Lord Odessa, excuse me. I am... sorry that I could not be of any help to you." YOU'RE THE ONLY MAYOR THAT'S A STAR OF DESTINY
She starts walking towards the door. Flik shoves her away.
flik.png
: "Wait!! Do you really think I can let you do that?? I'm sorry, but..."
teresa.png
: "If you interfere, I will take my own life." WHAT IN THE HELLS
Long pause.
flik.png
: "Damn..."
He moves out of the way.
shin.png
: [steps up] "My lady, I will accompany you."
teresa.png
: "Then... Please bear witness to the end of my life."
shin.png
: ". . . . ." Uhhhhhhhh
We all move out of the way while Teresa and Shin walk back towards Greenhill.
flik.png
: "Why do you hurry into death?! Surely living is better!!"
Nina jumps.
nina.png
: "No... I can't let you die!! Lady Teresa, you... After you fought so hard for us... We knew the food supplies were low!! And yet, even after that... You didn't wish ill on the soldiers from Muse!! I can't stand by and watch someone with such a kind heart die!!"
Nina runs after them.
flik.png
: "Hey!!"
nanami.png
: "We... We're not out of the game yet. Let's go, Odessa!!"

The school's emptied out.

20120124_123820.png
Teresa goes to meet Rowd and the Highland soldiers.
rowd.png
: "So you've already given up, eh? It was good of you to make up your own mind about it. And so polite too. Ha ha ha ha!"
teresa.png
rowd.png
: "All right, get them!!"
Soldiers try to surround Teresa, but Shin blocks them!
rowd.png
: "What? Are you resisting?"
shin.png
: [looks at them.] "I'll never let you lay your filthy hands on Lady Teresa."
Teresa: [moves to whisper in his ear: "Shin, what do you think you're doing? Please, stop. And... The House of Wisemail is no more, so I am no longer acting mayor. You have no reason to be doing this."
shin.png
rowd.png
: [ BOING BOING. ] "I don't know what's going on, and I don't care if they resist... Take them by force!!"
Pan up to us.
nanami.png
: "Let's go, Odessa!"
20120124_124150.png
So is rescuing people who don't want to be rescued okay? What if they're really depressed?
riou.png
: "But..."
shiro.png
: "Grrrr..."
nanami.png
riou.png
mukumuku.png
: "Mu?"
nanami.png
riou.png
luc.png
: "Hmph, coward." Hee :3
nanami.png
riou.png
: "We have to save her!"
flik.png
: "All right!!"
WE DO
rowd.png
: [hops] "Hah!! So you fools have come back?! Perfect... Take them!!"
Fight, fight ~

teresa.png
: "Stop... Please, stop fighting."
flik.png
: "Don't be ridiculous!!"
ANOTHER FIGHT. Haha, Nanami killed them all.
teresa.png
: "I beg you... I... I don't want to be responsible for any more trouble." STAR OF DESTINY, DUMBASS
Nina runs in and the music stops.
nina.png
: "Trouble...? Trouble?! Trouble to who!?"
[BGM: Heart-Softening Music, whichever one plays during the ending]
Nina walks in with the townsfolk.
rowd.png
: "Wh... What... you..."
nina.png
: [runs into Rowd and bounces a bunch] "Will you get out of my way?"
Highland soldier: "Eh...?"
Rowd and the soldier nervously move out of the way, possibly because fireballs are not delicious.
Nina runs right next to Teresa.
teresa.png
: "Nina..."
nina.png
: [jump] "No!! You can't be captured!!"
Long pause.
Teresa looks at Flik, then back at Nina.
teresa.png
: "But... If I am taken, everyone will..."
ninaglasses.png
: [JUMP.] "You think everyone will be happy!? Lady Teresa, at least believe in us the same way we believed in you, fought for you..." WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE
nina.png
: "Everyone, everyone... When we lost... When we led Greenhill to defeat with our own hands... that battle wounded us inside!! Knowing that, will you still hand yourself over to the Highland Army? Will you really cause the citizens of Greenhill more pain?! You may lose battles... You may even lose your town... But there is something more important than that that you CANNOT lose!! Please... Do not lose that... Lady Teresa..." But what is it she can't lose ...? Espeon suggests Shin. I was thinking more of her towel, in case she ever needs to hitchhike.
Greenhill citizen: "Everyone, protect Lady Teresa!!"
Pan down to a lot of Greenhill people.
Greenhill: "Protect our mayor!!"
teresa.png
: "Everybody..."
Muse soldier: [hop] "Yeah... The people of Greenhill took us in... let's return the favor!! Let us not pollute the name of Muse any further!"
They step up.
rowd.png
: [hophophop] "D... Damn you..."
Rowd and his soldiers flee.
Greenhill: "Lady Teresa, you are the one and only mayor of Greenhill. Please, get yourself to safety!!"
Greenhill: "Yes... And someday, please, come back to re-take your city!!"
teresa.png
: [moves closer slowly] ". . . . . Thank you... I... I'm not worthy..."
Greenhill man in yellow: [hop] "What are you talking about? You know we believe in you... Never forget that!"
teresa.png
: "I understand... And I promise... I will return to Greenhill... I will once again walk these streets... I will once again breathe this air... And my lips will once again call this town's name! Wait for me... I will return!"
man in yellow: "Of course!!"
women: [hop] "Yeah!! Come back and chase the Highland Army out!!"
flik.png
: "It looks like the main force is coming!! Run!!"
Greenhill: "Okay, everyone, create a diversion...!"
teresa.png
: "Citizens... I promise... I promise... I will return!!"
AND WE LEAVE. Nina's helping with the diversion.

FADE OUT.

[BGM: none; chirping]
We are in the woods!
flik.png
: "They're probably creating some sort of diversion, but it won't last long... Hurry, Odessa!!"
teresa.png
: "Excuse me..."
shin.png
: "I'll go ahead and clear the way."
Shin runs off.
Teresa joins convoy.

Highland soldiers ...

20120124_140810.png

teresa.png
: "Shin!!"
shin.png
: "Godspeed, my lady." BUT STALLION ISN'T HERE THIS TIME zing
rowd.png
: "Are you in that much of a hurry?"
Rowd runs in with six soldiers!
rowd.png
: "Hmph! They were able to slow us down without even any weapons... I'm surprised. Anyway, this is as far as you go. You can't escape." Odessa used the Pokédoll!
nanami.png
: [JUMP JUMP JUMP] "Y14:21:26 < Shoe> it lets em know you have spunk
ou're awful! Awful! Awful!!"
rowd.png
: "Awful? Who are you kidding? Do you know how much trouble you've caused me? This time I'm sending you to the execution grounds."
Shin walks around us to face Rowd.
teresa.png
: "Shin!!!"
shin.png
: "Don't worry, I won't let them pass, my lady."
teresa.png
: "I will not allow this!! If you die..." THEN I DON'T GET 108 STARS
shin.png
: "My loyalty lies not with the office of mayor, not with the House of Wisemail... ... but with you, Lady Teresa."
teresa.png
: "What are you saying...!?"
20120124_145127.png
Flik walks over, punches her in the gut, and then puts her over his shoulder. Flik, you're FLIK, not VIKTOR!
flik.png
: "Leave this to me. By the name of my blade, I will protect Lady Teresa!!" Swearing by Odessa, huh.
shin.png
: "Thank you..."
flik.png
: "Let's go, Odessa!!" :D
We run! Except for Shin.
rowd.png
: "H, hey!! They're getting away!! Quick, follow them!!"
shin.png
: "I can't let you do that. With my blade, Tarantula, and with the skills engraved upon my soul... I will defeat you!!"
Fade out.
No music, just birds. Remember how there was a back exit to Teresa's house? We apparently went through it.

I try going into Teresa's house.
flik.png
: "Odessa, what are you thinking?! Shin's made up his own mind! We've got to get out of here!!"
We stop when we're most of the way out and form a circle.
nanami.png
: [hop] "Hah... Hah... Looks like we made it..."
flik.png
: [looks around] "For now... But we can't let our guard down until we get to Sewer Castle. These lands are still controlled by Highland."
Pilika is pinged and walks off.
[BGM: Reminiscence ~ Strings Version]
nanami.png
: "Pilika!!"
20120124_150357.png
Jowy walks up to meet Pilika. Pilika bounces.
nanami.png
: "Jowy..."
Jowy walks up to us. Pilika follows, jumping excitedly.
jowy-commander.png
: [glances at Nanami, then looks at me] "Odessa... Nanami..."
20120124_150521.png

riou.png
: "Jowy, why are you..."
jowy-commander.png
: [steps up] "Odessa... I give you this advice as a friend. Relinquish leadership of the Sowston Army, and run away." Fuck you. No, really, ditch Highland and be my general instead and then there can be all the Riou/Jowy in the world.
Odessa bounces after Jowy says that, startled.
shiro.png
: "Grrrrr..."
jowy-commander.png
: [turns towards Pilika] "The victor in this war is already decided. Anything you do now is in vain... you will only be prolonging the suffering."
Odessa jumps very high.
mukumuku.png
: "Mu-mu-mu!!!!"
jowy-commander.png
: [looks at everyone] "I will not allow Luca to have his way with Highland and the City-State..."
nanami.png
: [spins and hops] "Th, then..."
jowy-commander.png
: [glances at her, then back at me] "You have no reason to fight... Odessa..."
20120124_150943.png

riou.png
: "I can't just run away."
jowy-commander.png
Pilika bounces at Jowy a lot.
pilika2.png
: "Ooh... Wah, ooh... Jo..."
jowy-commander.png
pilika2.png
: [nervous bouncing] "Ooh.... Uwaaaaaaaaah!!!"
Jowy turns away from her and she stops.
jowy-commander.png
: ". . . . . Odessa, you should start running."
flik.png
: [looks back where we came from] "Pursuers... Odessa, run!!"
nanami.png
: [runs in front of Jowy] "Jowy... What is this, this has to be a lie!! I don't believe it!! Jowy, my Jowy, our Jowy... He'd never follow orders from Luca Blight!! It's a lie!!"
20120124_151251.png
If you go 'Let's go, Nanami', I drag her off. :(
riou.png
flik.png
: "Come ON, Nanami!!"
nanami.png
: [spins] "No, no, no, NO!! I WON'T!!!! We're finally here with Jowy...!"
20120124_151251.png

riou.png
nanami.png
: [bounce] "Come on, come with us, Jowy!! Okay? Okay? Okay?? Come on, say something, Odessa!!!"
20120124_151251.png

riou.png
nanami.png
: [steps up] "You're coming with us one way or another, Jowy..."
Highlanders: "Captain Rowd!! I found them!! This way!!"
flik.png
: [looks at us] "Damn it!! Come on, Nanami!! NOW!!"
Flik drags her off and everyone but me walks away.
Long pause.
jowy-commander.png
: "Go on, Odessa."
And then I leave too.
jowy-commander.png
: [steps down] "Farewell... Odessa..."
Fade out.

No music.

When we're nearly out...
flik.png
: "It looks like we made it, but we can't rest easy yet. Let's hurry to Sewer Castle, Odessa."
teresa.png
: "Someday... ... Someday..."
Fade out.

20120124_152148.png
Cut back to Jowy, standing where we left him. Rowd walks in with five Highland soldiers.
rowd.png
: "Well well, if it isn't the commander. By the way, a few rats must have come running this way... Did you see them, by any chance?"
Long pause.
jowy-commander.png
: "I haven't seen anything." I do love when 'sedition' is an accurate title :)
Rowd looks at the soldier right behind him, who spins.
rowd.png
: "Ohhhh, I see. Hmm, even after one of my men swore he saw them come this way! You may be a commander, but you're still a newcomer. His majesty Luca asked me to keep an eye on you, you know. What do you think he'd say if I gave him this little piece of information?" :)
jowy-commander.png
: [looks aside unsuspiciously] ". . . . ."
Rowd and his soldiers slowly advance on Jowy.
rowd.png
: "Step aside, would you?"
culgan.png
: [from offscreen] "Wait, Rowd."
Seed and Culgan walk up behind Jowy.
seed.png
: "We were here, too, and nobody suspicious came through."
rowd.png
: [nervous] "Wh... What are you saying..."
culgan.png
: "We'd hate to see you make a false report out of jealousy because a former subordinate is now your commanding officer." omg CULGAN ♥
seed.png
: "That's right, we're witnesses."
Rowd and his squad back up.
rowd.png
: "Damn..."
culgan.png
: "You know, there's still quite a riot going on in Greenhill. Shouldn't you get yourself down there?" Diiiiiiiiss
rowd.png
: "Damn..! All right, let's go!!"
Rowd-tachi walk off.
jowy-commander.png
: "Why..."
seed.png
: "Why? We love Highland. It's a wonderful country."
culgan.png
: "We can't stand idly by and let it be destroyed. The only thing Luca Blight will bring about is ruin... and that is not our intention."
seed.png
: "It wouldn't be pleasant to be left standing on scorched earth after the war's over, would it?"
They step up to Jowy.
culgan.png
: "Jowy Atreides, Commander of the Fourth Army of the Kingdom of Highland, we pledge our loyalty to you."
seed.png
: "We know what your goal is. Please, use us to that end."
jowy-commander.png
: "Culgan, Seed..." [moves closer to them; their faces are nearly touching] "Your brave decision will not be in vain. Thank you..."
Fade out. :)

STATS:
- Jowy Points: 8( Jowy, why aren't you on my side?

NEXT TIME: So we've been to Muse, Southwind, Two River, and Greenhill, which leaves Tinto and Matilda! GUESS WHICH ONE WE GO TO NEXT

Last edited:

ninaglasses.png
Haha, this image amuses me greatly. Still loving this.

(I think you forgot to change your $rious to Odessas).

LAST TIME: TERESA GET. Jowy is an asshole. Seed and Culgan joined Jowy's party!

Gross, being on the world map without the ability to teleport.
Let's see if Bob the werewolf likes me yet.
bob.png
riou.png
bob.png
: "You're not quite the same as the others who've asked... But still... no."

Aha!
20120125_132740.png
Jeane's in the rune shop.
jeane.png
: "Hoo hoo...... Lord Odessa. It's been a long time...... This is my... real profession." Uh... huh...
20120125_133010.png

riou.png
: "Umm, err, join our group.....?"
jeane.png
: "Ho ho..... join your group? You want me.... to join you? Tee hee.... I'd love to....."
[ Jeane joined the group! ]
jeane.png
: "Well.... I'll have to ask Miss Yuri to take over the shop for me...."

YURI: "Welcome, Sir Odessa. Jeane changes her mind so easily, I just don't know what to do. Tee hee hee."

I stop by the kobold village, and there's a girl named Yuzu!
yuzu.png
: "Yuzu's in big, big trouble... What should Yuzu do...?" WHY AM I RECRUITING A TEN YEAR OLD
20120125_135050.png

riou.png
: "What happened?"
yuzu.png
: "Well... (sniff)... Yuzu managed to escape with her granddaddy's sheep... But... The sheep... They went into the woods... Now Yuzu's in trouble.."
20120125_135253.png

riou.png
: "Shall I look for them for you?"
yuzu.png
: "Wha... Really? Thank you, Mister!"

Cut to forest.
yuzu.png
: "The (sniff), the sheep ran that way. Yuzu will wait right here. Please help Yuzu, Mister!"
[ You caught a sheep ]
yuzu.png
: "Welcome back, Mr. Sheep! Now there are just two left."
[ You caught a sheep ]
yuzu.png
: "Wow, you're awesome, Mister! There's just one more!"
[ You caught a sheep ] maaaaaa
yuzu.png
: "Yay! You're the coolest! Thanks, Mister!"
Cut back to village.
yuzu.png
: "Thank you so much, Mister!"
yuzu.png
: ". . . . . . . . . . . . ."
yuzu.png
: "But... Still... Yuzu's still in trouble... The sheep went to the woods 'cause they were hungry... I don't know where granddaddy is... And I need to take the sheep somewhere safe..."
20120125_135903.png

riou.png
: "Take them to my place."
yuzu.png
: ! "R... Really!?!? I can take them to your place? Without granddaddy, I didn't know what else to do... Thank you, Mister!"
[ Yuzu joined the group! ] I'm a terrible person.
yuzu.png
: "Huh? Sewer Castle? Yeah, I know where that is! Let's go, sheep! You can eat as much as you want!"
Yuzu walks off with her sheep.

Yuzu left a lamb in the woods, which I just acquired. :Db

Back in my castle ...
STALLION IS RUNNING LAPS AROUND THE GRAVEYARD
stallion.png
: "Ooooo woooo......"

20120125_144803.png
WHY ARE YOU WASHING GENGEN
yoshino.png
: "Ya see? Washing like this feels good."
gengen.png
: "G, G, Gengen is K, Kobold warrior, so m, m, must be t, t, totally... c, c, c, c, c, clean...."

20120125_145125.png
Odessa league rewards: Secret Writings, Lubricating Oil, Boots.
20120125_150118.png
You got Lubricating Oil
And then I played again and got a Sexy Wink. ;) [ plays again to win a Leisure Set, which boosts Family Attack ]

20120125_153451.png
Yoshino's hung Gengen on the line to dry.
gengen.png
: "Something..... different.... arf."

Gonna do a cooking battle...
This time the chef is a blue guy named Goetsu.
GOETSU: "My goal is the achievement of culinary perfection. I heard the famous Hai Yo was here so I came right away."
haiyo.png
: [hops, pinged] "'Famous'? Oh come on, I'm not that famous!"
GOETSU: "Don't be so modest..... Please, please let Goetsu face you in a cooking contest."
haiyo.png
: [looks around nervously] "What should I do, Odessa?"
riou.png
: "Don't lose, Hai Yo!"
GOETSU: "It's my honor, Lord Hai Yo. A cooking contest it is!!!"

AHAHAHAHA my judging panel is Bolgan, Mukumuku, Ridley, and Adlai.
"Whatever he eats, he says "Yummy!". It's Bolgan!!!"
"Your favorite flying squirrel and mine, it's Mukumuku!!!!! I wonder what he likes to eat?"
"Commander Ridley of the Kobold Army!!! They say he's a tough judge of people and food!!!!"
"When this self-proclaimed genius moved out of South Window, his neighbors finally got a full night of sleep. It's Adlai!!!!"

Went with Amazing Tempura (2, 3, 1, 2), Spicy Pizza (5 5 3 3), and Ice Cream (5 5 4 1).
Goetsu went with Grilled Scallops (3, 3, 2, 1), Buttered Clams (5 5 4 2), Mayonnaise Pie (3 3 0 0).
GOETSU: "Your reputation is well deserved, Hai Yo!!! You have defeated Goetsu."
haiyo.png
: "That's not true. Your cooking was terrific!" ... mayo pie???
GOETSU: "Not at all. The victory was yours all along. Please take this as promised."
[ You got 'Buttered Clams recipe'. ]
GOETSU: "Well, goodbye. I hope that we will meet again one day!"

woman behind bar: "Leona went to one of the nearby cities to restock her supply of whisky."

I head over to the Great Hall~ Shu, Viktor, and Apple are there.
shu.png
: "Excellent work, Lord Odessa. And this must be Lady Teresa. Welcome to Sewer Castle."
teresa.png
: "Yes... Thank you. But I'd like to be alone right now. I want time to think."
[BGM: Heart-Softening Music ... 3?]
shin.png
: [from offscreen] "Lord Teresa."
He runs in with Fitcher.
teresa.png
: "Shin! You're safe!"
fitcher.png
: "We were able to escape in the town's confusion. There are many secret paths in Greenhill."
teresa.png
: [walks closer to Shin] "You made it... I'm so glad..."
flik.png
: [walks up to them] "Fitcher, I'm impressed! Getting Shin out of there was quite an accomplishment."
fitcher.png
: [backs up] "Oh, it wasn't just Shin..."
nina.png
: [from offscreen] "Sir Flik!!!"
Flik goes !, Nina runs over to him.
flik.png
: "!"
Nina advances on him. He backs up.
nina.png
: "Sir Flik, I thought that maybe, the way I acted, I was being a nuisance to you..." REALLY
nina.png
: "But... But, I know now that I simply have to be by your side! It's our destiny... That's why I followed Fitcher. I won't be a nuisance! That reminds me... I made dinner for you! Hurry, hurry! Your soup is getting cold!" SOB
Flik tries to run but she bolts and grabs him and drags him off, whistling. He is very uncomfortable with these shenanigans.
shu.png
: ". . . . . . . . . . . . . Lord Odessa, please try to get some rest today."
Fade out.

It is nighttime. No music.

I step out of my room and Nanami's there!
nanami.png
: "Ah, Odessa. Can't sleep? Come on, you've got to sleep! What'll you do if you get sick?"
She shoves me back into the room.
I go back to bed.
[BGM: The King's March]
20120125_165835.png
Cut to Luca's command tent. Klaus, Kiba, Seed, and Culgan are more or less in line with Luca. Jowy's talking to Luca.
lucablight.png
: "Hmm. So you managed to take Greenhill as you promised. I see you're more than just talk. I like that."
jowy-commander.png
: "Thank you, my lord."
lucablight.png
: "Well, I'll keep my word as well. Tell me what you want."
jowy-commander.png
: [steps up] "Yes, my lord. . . . . . . . . . . . . I want your sister, Princess Jillia, as my wife....." WHAT IN THE FUCKS
Seed exchanges a look with Culgan. Klaus steps up. There is a pause.
lucablight.png
: [steps up, laughing] "Jillia.... my sister??? Hoo Hoo Hoo Ha Ha Ha!!! Why you LITTLE punk!!!!!! You've got balls, I'll say that. Would you like me to remove your head from your shoulders with this blade?" [ DRAWS HIS SWORD ]
jowy-commander.png
: "No, my lord. But I know that His Majesty does not take an oath lightly. Also...... I've got an idea."
lucablight.png
: [raises sword] "What is it? Speak up. If I don't like it, I promise I WILL cut off your head."
jowy-commander.png
: "But I shouldn't speak in front of so many, if you take my meaning, my lord."
lucablight.png
: [waves sword around] "Yes, yes. I understand. Come to my quarters later and tell me this 'idea' of yours. You'd better not be wasting my precious time." [puts his sword away]
jowy-commander.png
: "Of course."
Jowy walks out, fade out.

I get out of bed. No music.
nanami.png
: "Good morning, Odessa. There's another meeting today, Lords Viktor and Shu are already waiting."

To the war room! Viktor, Apple, Fitcher, Teresa, and Shu are there. Shu looks around a bit.
shu.png
: "Good day, Lord Odessa. It seems everyone's here."
viktor.png
: [looks around] "Flik's not here yet."
flik.png
: [runs in] "Sorry. I got held up."
viktor.png
: [steps up] "Where were you? Busy pursuing that little brat Nina?"
flik.png
: [hops, then runs up to Viktor, pissed] "Don't make me sick! It's she who's pursuing me! She stole my bandanna and washed it! It took me all morning to find it!!!"
viktor.png
: "Ha ha ha ha ha! It's like you have a wife already!"
Long pause.
flik.png
: "You'll pay for that, Viktor. But more importantly, Shu, what's this meeting about?"
[BGM: Tactics]
shu.png
: "Are you ready, Lord Odessa? Well then, I'll begin. Of the 5 Cities and 1 Knightdom in the State, South Window has been destroyed, and Muse and Greenhill are under enemy control. Somehow we've managed to protect Two River, but Tinto is still closed to us. I think we should forge a bond with the only alliance member left, the Knightdom of Matilda. Their army is as strong as Muse's, and if we ally with them, we'll be able to attack the enemy from two fronts. Do you agree, Lord Odessa?"
20120125_171236.png

riou.png
: ". . . . . . . . . ." 'So Shu, I was wondering: do you ever take your hand out of your pocket?'
shu.png
: "Greenhill is still occupied by Highland, so we'll have to travel to Matilda in small groups, so as not to be detected. Lord Odessa, please decide who you wish to accompany you."
[ Clive, Luc, Wakaba, Tengaar. Leaving Nanami out to see if she'll force the issue. ]
fitcher.png
: "The Knights of Matilda have been notified of our plans. Please head north of Greenhill and use the hidden path through the woods. When you arrive in Matilda, they should send a party to meet you."
shu.png
: "Be very careful, Lord Odessa. You belong to all of us now."

I step out of the room and Nanami pops up.
nanami.png
: "Hey hey hey!!!! We're going north this time. Of course, I'll go with you."
20120125_172519.png

riou.png
: "It's too dangerous."
nanami.png
: "Eh? You're joking with me! Don't even say that!"
riou.png
nanami.png
: "What are you talking about? That's exactly why you need your big sister to protect you!"
riou.png
nanami.png
: "What? What? WHAT? I don't care what you say, I'm coming along no matter what."
[ Nanami joins convoy ]
Alternatively ...
riou.png
: "Of course."
nanami.png
: "Natch."
[ Nanami joins party ]

STATS:
- Stars of Destiny: 56 + Jeane + Yuzu + Teresa + Shin + Nina = 61 / 108 + squirrel squad
- Jowy Points: I got some lubricating oil and a sexy wink just for you, and then you go off and try to marry someone you've met, what, twice???
- Times Fainted Riou's Weird Sleeping Habits: 1x faint; 1x PLOT IS HAPPENING SO I'M AWAKE

NEXT TIME: Furries! Viki! Knights! Capes!

Last edited:

...I am thinking that lubricating oil may be the same oil which you cleaned up at the beginning of the game...

LAST TIME: To Matilda!

Playing minigames~ Got an Invincible Smile, which powers up Flik by a bit. Also a dog whistle.

Got bored, went to bother Hai Yo.
SHIKI (a chef in red): "He he he he he he he he he!!!"
haiyo.png
: "What!!! You want to battle against me in a cooking contest too???"
SHIKI: "A contest.... hmmm, a contest, eh. Very well, Hai Yo....... If you can beat me, I'll give you this 'Cake Recipe'."
haiyo.png
: "What should I do, Odessa?"
20120126_145746.png

riou.png
: "Show him how good you are."
haiyo.png
: "Okay!!!! It's a contest!!!"

"This wandering vagabond loves to eat Japanese food. It's Shilo."
"Don't call her a tomboy unless you wanna lose some teeth!! She loves to eat, especially green salads!!! It's Wakaba!!!"
"A lifetime on the sea, of course this sailor's favorite dish must be.... fish. It's Amada!!!"
"According to Apple she likes something called 'French' food."
Shiki made Ohitashi (4 4 2 1), Potato Pudding (1 2 1 1), Cake (4 3 4 3)
I made Green Salad (3 5 2 3), Crab Cakes (3 4 2 3), Ice Cream (3 2 3 2)
They don't like ice cream as much as cake? Jerks.

SHIKI: "He he he he he he..........."
someone: "What's so funny!!!"
someone: "Something's strange!!! Grab him!!!"
They do.
haiyo.png
: "It, it couldn't be...... N, no...... You can't do that....."
SHIKI: "He he.... you can't hide there... Hiding won't help you Hai Yo.... The 'Group' already.... ungh.....""
Fade out.
woman: [freaking out] "It's..... poison........."
Did
did the cake guy just kill himself
over cake
someone: "But... who the hell was that? And what's this 'Group'?"
20120126_151607.png

riou.png
: "What did that mean, Hai Yo."
haiyo.png
: ". . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."

A MYSTERY.

I stop by Forest Village on my way to Matilda and buy a lamb for 4000 potch.
20120127_232537.png

Bah, Connell still doesn't like me.

Whoa, the armor shop's open now! Someone's selling an iron hammer there. I just bought it because.

When I get to the Path to Matilda, there are some white knights.
nanami.png
: "This is the forest Mr. Fitcher told us about. The Matilda Knightdom is just ahead. Hey, do you think the Knights are those cool guys we met in Muse?"
20120127_232959.png

riou.png
: "'Cool'?..."
nanami.png
: [hophop] "What? What? WHAT? Are you JEALOUS? Don't worry, Odessa! Maybe one day you'll be cool too!"

Matilda white knight: "Yes, I understand. You may pass."

There's a weird dude just inside the forest.
badeaux.png
He won't like me for another two or three plot points and I'll need an animal with me.

Fucking DoReMi elves.

20120128_075154.png
Someone teleports in and looks around nervously! She is holding a knife and fork.
viki.png
: "Huh? Wha? Wha? Where am I? Where'd my meal go???"
I walk over to her and she walks up!
viki.png
: "Hey, where am I? WHAT?! The City-State of Jowston???? How strange... Hmm, can I even go back...? Um, um, I'm a little lost... Hey, do you think I could stay at your house for a little while?"
20120128_075437.png

riou.png
: "Absolutely not!!"
viki.png
: ! "Oh... oh, I see... Oh well... I'll give it another try. YAH!!!"
She teleports off.
riou.png
: "A cute girl like you? Of course."
viki.png
: ? "(HUH?)"
riou.png
: "Uh... sure, okay."
viki.png
: "Really?? Wow, thanks. Thank you. So, so, where's your house??"
[ Viki joined the group! ]
viki.png
: [closes eyes, glows a bit, puts away silverware] "Okay, it's pretty close. We should be all right. Reeeadddyyy... YAH!!"
She teleports off, then teleports back.
viki.png
: "Oh yeah, I forgot. Um, what's your name? Odessa. Okay. My name is Viki. I specialize in 'Blinking Magic.' Basically, I teleport things. Nice to meet you!"
viki.png
: "Then, I'll go on ahead to your house. Or should I come with you?"
20120128_075827.png

riou.png
: "Okay, come with us..."
viki.png
: "Sure, okay."
[ Viki joins party ] She has a forehead slot and a Blinking rune on her right hand. Her left hand never opens up.
I kick out Luc since backrow.
viki.png
: "Okay, I'll get going. YAH!!"
There is a teleporty noise.
20120128_080117.png
We are now in the castle. Viki looks around a bit.
viki.png
: "Yeah!! Hey, that went pretty well!!"
She looks around, baffled.
viki.png
: "Huh??? Wha???? This isn't what you meant by 'with us??' I failed... I failed... Oh, it's okay though, I'll teleport you wherever you wanna go!"
And she walks over to her post to the right.

I stop by the bar for whatever reason. (It's to put our lucky airhead in my party.)
viktor.png
: "Hey, whatcha doin' here? So, wanna try a drink of somethin' stronger than lemonade?"

Ladida, I wander to the Kuskus blacksmith and sharpen everyone to 11. ... Even Viki. For some reason. Well, I get her to 10 and am then broke, so I guess I'll just have to do the infinite money trick.

viki.png
: "Huh? Huh? What? You wanna teleport somewhere?" Haha, I can just skip to Rockaxe. I head to Rakutei instead though and walk... to Highway Village.

kid: "That Futch fellow staying at the Inn really is a Dragon Knight. I saw him with a little dragon!"

Bought a cow from a kid.
[ You got Recipe #32 ]

Ladida, to Rockaxe!
[BGM: Proud Sarabande]
Rockaxe is built on a hill! It is also a giant castle.
BLUE KNIGHT: "Lord Miklotov is the captain of us Blue Knights. But I've heard he hasn't been getting along with Lord Gorudo lately..."
~*~ CLIVE QUEST ~*~
I head into the inn and Clive is pinged! Also there's an empty bowl with chopsticks where Long Chan Chan usually is. I guess he saw Wakaba coming and bolted.
clive.png
: [talks to random man] "Hey, do you know a woman named Elza? Tall, with blonde hair?"
man: "Uh... Um..."
clive.png
: "Do you know her?"
other man: "I think that sounds familiar..."
first man: "That's right, some woman I'd never seen before came in here... Great butt, I'll say. But when I tried to talk to her..."
other man: "Yeah, she just suddenly kicked us down, then whipped out this magic object and blew off my beautiful mustache! No way I'd forget that!"
clive.png
: "And do you remember where she went then?"
man: "Yeah, I remember, I remember!! Let's see..."
man: "Uh, I think it was..."
clive.png
: "Am I gonna have to blow off the other half of your mustache?"
man: "No, hold up, I got it! I remember now... It was... Uh... Radat Town, I think?"
man: "So, he said she went to Radat, near South Window City."
clive.png
: "Radat... I'll get her this time."
clive.png
: "Let's go back to Radat, Odessa."
Fade out.

man in inn: "I wonder if the Knightdom plans to fight with Highland? I've heard rumors that they're secretly forming a treaty..." i hate you gorudo
A little kid's room has 'Interesting books' in it. Rioudessa's taste ...

kid: "Are you a visitor here? The inn is just ahead on this road... Are you really just visiting? If you're lying, they'll kill you!"

Ooooh, violence rune!

Wandering around Rockaxe castle...
BLUE KNIGHT: "Lord Miklotov is very driven, and sometimes acts without thought of the consequences. Personally, I think that's a virtue."

Okay, where in the fucks is Gorudo.

OH
20120128_195306.png
I head back to the Greenhill-Matilda border from the Matilda side and ambush Miklotov.
Hahaha, I can't actually talk to him.

I run back to the white knights and then walk towards him a bit.
[BGM: Young Heroes] ♥ Camiklotov's theme.
Miklotov walks up to meet me with his knights.
miklotov.png
: "Lord Odessa of the Sowston Army. I am Miklotov, Captain of the Blue Knights. I am here to greet you."
nanami.png
: [walks over to him and jumps] "Oh! I was right! It's the guy we met in Muse!"
miklotov.png
: [glances at her] "Met in Muse... Ah, at Jowston Hill... I apologize for that, but at that time I had no idea of what the man Lord Odessa would become. Please allow me to escort you to our castle." I was just there, but sure, why not.

Weeeeeee teleport to Rockaxe!
miklotov.png
: "This is our base, Rockaxe Castle. Lord Gorudo is waiting inside. Please enter."
Fade out, we're walking up to the castle.
miklotov.png
: "Lord Gorudo is waiting in the reception area. Please proceed straight ahead." I do like this teleporting shindig you're up to.

20120128_200943.png
Hi, Camus and Gorudo!
[BGM: A Man Named Gorudo] this is ominous as hell
gorudo.png
: "You're Odessa? Hmph... You're just a little boy! The rumors that your army managed to best Highland must be gross exaggerations at best."
20120128_201247.png

riou.png
: "What!?"
nanami.png
: "Shh, Odessa!"
gorudo.png
: "The Muse Army were such pathetic cowards. We sent troops to save them, but Muse fell before they even arrived!" Wow dude you can't die fast enough.
20120128_201922.png

riou.png
: "How dare you!"
nanami.png
: "Control yourself, Odessa!"
gorudo.png
: "I say that because, like Muse, you're a leader of a tiny army futilely battling Highland. You'll probably meet the same fate. Probably. Camus, see Lord Odessa and his party to a guest room. Let them rest a while, then escort them to the border. Our business is done."
camus.png
: [steps forward] "Yes sir. Lord Odessa... This way."
Fade out.

We're outside a room.
camus.png
: "Lord Odessa, this will be your room. Please excuse me."
He starts walking off, then stops.
camus.png
: "Lord Odessa, try not to let that upset you... Well, if you'll excuse me..."
He leaves.
nanami.png
: "What next? Should we try to talk to him again tomorrow? Anyway, we should try to get some sleep. I'm tired."
Fade out.
20120128_203820.png
Nanami looks around the room a bit.
nanami.png
: "Should we go to sleep now? The beds seem quite comfortable."
20120128_203915.png

riou.png
: "Let's look around a bit more."
nanami.png
: "That's a good idea. Maybe we'll discover something."
Whoop, nothing.
nanami.png
: "Should we rest now?"
riou.png
: "Let's get some sleep."
nanami.png
: "Good idea. Ahhh... My legs are sore." From a long hard day of being teleported.
Fade out.

20120128_204138.png
Nanami is snoring. Her eyes are open though wtf.
leknaat.png
: "Odessa... Wake up... Odessa..."
Odessa goes ? and eventually gets out of bed and looks around. Leknaat teleports into their room in a blue ball.
leknaat.png
: "Odessa... You've become so strong... But the threat of battle is still nipping at our heels... Much blood and many tears have been shed... But you can't turn your back on the fight. You mustn't avert your eyes. In you... In you rests the hopes and dreams of so many. You can't throw that away. The Rune on your right hand will guide you to the final battle... And the results of that... Will create our future... Our destiny... Odessa." Thank you for waking me for that, Leknaat. That was definitely useful.
She teleports out and fade out.

It is morning! Nanami is out of bed. No music.
nanami.png
: "Good morning, Odessa! Hmm? What's wrong?"
Odessa gets up.

We head downstairs and when I go to talk to Gorudo, Miklotov runs over and stops me.
miklotov.png
: "Sorry, but we're in a rush."
He runs into Gorudo's room.
nanami.png
: "What the hell's going on? Shall we go see?"

[BGM: A Man Named Gorudo]
Camus is to Gorudo's right. Miklotov is in front of him.
gorudo.png
: "What's with all the commotion!?"
miklotov.png
: "The Highland Army has appeared at the Matilda-Muse border."
camus.png
: "So they've finally come to give us a chance to prove our valor?"
gorudo.png
: "What the hell...? Do they intend to invade us? I can't imagine they'd attack now." I DON'T THINK THEY BROUGHT FLOWERS
miklotov.png
: "No, it seems the Highland Army is pursuing refugees from Muse. The refugees must be trying to flee to Matilda... Lord Gorudo, we must mobilize to save the refugees immediately!"
gorudo.png
: "Hmmmmm... I see. Prepare to mobilize."
miklotov.png
: "Yes SIR!"
Miklotov runs off.
gorudo.png
: "Well well... What on Earth..."
camus.png
: [steps up] "Lord Odessa, did you hear that? We're mobilizing now, what do you intend to do?"
20120128_205633.png
It doesn't actually matter.
riou.png
: "I'll go too."
camus.png
: "Lord Odessa, you don't have many troops to spare, so please be careful. Especially since you have a lady to look out for..." Whoa whoa whoa WAIT a second there. Nanami's my bodyguard, not the other way around.
nanami.png
: "Huh? Wha...? You mean me????"
camus.png
: "Well then, let's get going. We haven't much time."
Fade out.
20120128_205833.png
I don't hear music :'( I have a single unit; there are three white knights, one red knight, and one blue knight. There are three Muse refugees on the other side of the gate.
camus.png
: "That looks like it..."
gorudo.png
: ". . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."
REFUGEES: "We're almost to the Matilda border... Keep going!!!"
REFUGEES: "We should be able to save them." wrong pronouns!
[ Start Battle ]
Cue a lot of standing there because the gate's closed.
After my turn, eight Highland units pop up surrounding the refugees.
lucablight.png
: "Ha! They're sitting ducks now! Don't let a single one slip away! Kill the ones that resist and send the rest back to Muse in chains!"
REFUGEES: "But they've come so far..." shouldn't it be 'we'
REFUGEES: "H... Help us! They'll kill us if we go back!!!" Yep.
Oh, huh, Klaus and Kiba are here. As are Jowy, Culgan, and Seed. I knew Jowy had to be, but didn't know Klaus was here too. Klaus and Kiba hold still.
HAHAHA Jowy just crit on some refugees overkill much? Also wow Jowy you're going off to fight unarmed people? GJ YOU ARE A JERK
miklotov.png
: "Lord Gorudo! We have to save them!"
gorudo.png
: "We will do no such thing. Hold your position, Miklotov."
miklotov.png
: "What are you saying!? They're being slaughtered in front of us! It would sully our reputations as knights if we just sit idly by!"
gorudo.png
: "It's happening outside of our territory. We have no right to intervene. It's more important that we bolster our defenses. Let no one past the border, refugee or otherwise."
miklotov.png
: "You're ordering us to watch them die!?! I can't... I won't..."
gorudo.png
: "Are you saying you intend to disobey and order? Have you no devotion to your lord, Miklotov?" die die die
camus.png
: "Miklotov..."
miklotov.png
: "Damn. . . . . . . . . . . . . ."
Oh huh half of the Highland units are Highland Army and half are White Wolf Army. (The White Wolves are Luca's.)
REFUGEES: "No... It's too late... They'll all be killed..."
REFUGEES: "Please stop..."
lucablight.png
: "It seems they've lost the will to resist. Round up the pigs!"
They leave.
gorudo.png
: "Let us pull back, Camus, Miklotov."
miklotov.png
: "Damn. . . . . . . . . . . . . ."
camus.png
: "Miklotov..."
Fade out.

STATS:
- Stars of Destiny: 61 + Viki = 62 / 108 (and the squirrel squad)
- Jowy Points: Why did you overkill some random Muse refugees? Wat.
- Times Fainted Riou's Weird Sleeping Habits: fainted once, woke up randomly once

NEXT TIME: Gorudo upgrades his fuckery.

LAST TIME: Gorudo is the biggest fuckhead. Okay, okay, Agares might be more of a fuckhead, but Gorudo is probably the biggest fuckhead.

We're back in Gorudo's audience room. Camus and Miklotov are standing right in front of him; my party's lined up like bowling pins.
gorudo.png
: "Ultimately, Highland did not invade. It seems even the great Luca Blight has not the courage to face the Knights of Matilda. Stand down now, Miklotov, Camus."
camus.png
: "Yes..."
miklotov.png
They walk out of the room around us. Then Gorudo walks out, but he makes us move out of his way rather than walk around us.
The music doesn't change when I regain control.
I step outside the room and Camus and Miklotov are arguging.
camus.png
: "Calm down, Miklotov. What do you expect to accomplish, going into enemy territory alone?"
miklotov.png
: "But...!!! I have to see with my own eyes! I have to see what those Highland bastards are doing in Muse! Don't try to stop me, Camus."
camus.png
: "I see. I will not interfere."
Miklotov storms out. Camus watches him leave, then turns towards me.
camus.png
: "This is a troubling situation... Going into Muse alone... Lord Odessa, I cannot leave this castle. I must stay behind to respond to Lord Gorudo's capricious commands. You can get to Muse through the border crossing south of here. I beg of you... Please protect Miklotov."
Camus walks away.

I get control back!

BLUE KNIGHT: "Lord Odessa. Sir Miklotov said he was going to go to Muse." Beat. "Huh? Yes. The Muse checkpoint is just southeast of here."
Hee, there are two black cats watching each other right outside the castle.
man: "How goes the war with Highland? It seems the Knightdom doesn't intend to join in..."

While I'm walking out of town, I get pinged about halfway from the castle to the gate and turn to watch Miklotov right near the town exit. He's talking to two blue knights. Not gonna keep track of which one's which.
BLUE KNIGHT: "Please wait, Sir Miklotov! It's suicide to go to Muse alone."
miklotov.png
: "Don't worry, I'll be careful. I have to see what's going on in Muse. I will return soon!"
BLUE KNIGHT: "B... But..."
miklotov.png
: "I'm counting on you."
And he walks off.

This is when I'd normally go off to recruit Futch and Humphrey, but I already did :V Though actually most people who make a habit of sequence breaking in this game recommend waiting until now to get Futch and Humphrey: beating the harpy is a pain in the ass.

I get to the Muse-Matilda border and the gate is gone :V
miklotov.png
: [pinged when I walk in] "Lord Odessa, are you going to Muse also? I must beg of you... Will you let me accompany you? I must cross the border< but the guards are looking out for me, and I'm too conspicious alone." Is conspicious like the cross between being conspicuous and suspicious?
20120203_123347.png

riou.png
: "I can't."
miklotov.png
: "Please join us."
miklotov.png
: "I must go to Muse and see for myself what the Highland Army is up to!" Eh, the usual: mass murder, human sacrifice, jaywalking, arson....
miklotov.png
: "Lord Odessa, please let me accompany you."
And he says all three of those lines whenever I say 'I can't.' Guess they flubbed the dialogue options.
riou.png
: "Okay."
miklotov.png
: "Thank you. I swear on my hoor that I will not forget this." HONORRRRRRRR
[ Miklotov convoy joins party ]
I kick out Wakaba to make room for Miklotov since 1. they're both S-range and 2. I want to see what Long Chan Chan says when I don't scare him off.
When I walk down to the actual gate, Miklotov hides behind me.
GUARD who is a white knight: "Are you going to Muse? It's very dangerous with the 'refugee hunt' that's going on now."
other GUARD who is also a white knight: [ping] "You... You're Sir Miklotov!"
miklotov.png
: "Damn..." well, maybe you should've changed out of uniform, genius.
20120203_124035.png

riou.png
: [ Pass by force ]
GUARD: "Sir Miklotov, we received a message from Sir Camus. It said we were not to interfere with your secret mission. Please be careful." ♥ CAMUS
We walk past the gate and Miklotov turns back towards Matilda.
miklotov.png
: "Camus... Let's go, Lord Odessa."

And now we're in the Muse area! iirc, some of the random encounters drop really good loot so I'm going to wander around a bit. Miklotov comes reasonably well equipped, though his sword appears to be permanently wind-element, boo.

Because I'm bored, I stop by the Muse-Highland border. One of the guards says "Go back! Go back! Don't hang around here!" Little worried about your own skin, there?
HIGHLAND SOLDIER on the bridge between Muse and Toto: "Beyond here is the Highland Kingdom. Travellers are not allowed at this time." Um I think I'm currently in Highland dude. I'm pretty sure the whole general Mercenary Fort + Ryube + Toto area tends to be Dunan territory throughout the game.

Running around Coronet just because...
beefy man: "Hey kid..... Huh? Is that that Matilda Knight...."
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Hah!!!! These city folk are weak. Just threaten 'em with your sword a little and they'll do anything."
HIGHLAND SOLDIER in inn: "Haven't seen your face 'round much. Where are you from?" Kyaro, mister! :D
man: "I think something terrible is happening in Muse. I can't just keep working."
woman: "You're a traveller, eh. Be careful of Highland soldiers." What, with my charming Highland accent?
beefy man: "H.. Hello there.... Umm why, are you one of those Highlanders?"
man: "Hmm. I wonder when these Highlander soldiers are going to leave..."
woman outside blacksmith: "My dad...... They're forcing him to work for the Highland Army.... He's really depressed...." Well, he could cheer up and stop sucking and sharpen up my party's weapons. >(
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "I'm starting to get sick of patrolling this city....." Very sad.
man: "The Highland folks ain't bad people... once ya get used to 'em that is." I'm pretty sure no one likes Luca. Except possibly Jowy.
old woman: "Are you working with the Highlanders too?" I suspect that's a no.
woman: "Hey, there are kids in the Highland Army? But where are your uniforms?" Maybe Luca has them.
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Luca gathered up all the refugees from Muse... I wonder what the hell he's planning?"
woman: "Hey, is it true that Shu is the strategist for the Sowston Army? I'm not surprised." Yeah, but he's kind of a jerk.
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Coronet is under Highland rule. No one can pass through here. Go home. Get lost!" I like how none of these Highland soldiers have checked wanted posters lately.
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Keep hangin' around and we'll throw yer punk butt in jail!"
Tai Ho locked the door when he left.

soldiers at Greenhill border: "We're currently rounding up remnants of the State Army in Greenhill. You'll just have to wait until we're done." But I like those remnants. They can stay at my castle anytime.

Hilda and Alex left the stove on. They still have 'bubbling stew' and 'boiling potatoes'.

20120203_132421.png
No music! There is ominous cloud cover over Muse.
miklotov.png
: "That's Muse in the distance. We must be careful from here on."
There is now a foreboding sound.
miklotov.png
: "Wha.. What...?"
[BGM: Sacrificial Feast]
20120203_132813.png
CUTSCENE WITH FOREBODING MUSIC AND SOUNDS the sky!
20120203_132819.png
Muse in the distance!
20120203_132824.png
Jowston hill!
20120203_132831.png
Cloud of something black!
20120203_132835.png
IT GLOWS
20120203_132841.png
More cloud.
20120203_132844.png
WOLF.
20120203_132846.png
Woooooooolf
20120203_132847.png
wolf goes into focus
20120203_132849.png
sky wolf!
20120203_132854.png
WITH MULTIPLE HEADS
20120203_132858.png
there wolf
20120203_132904.png
there city

20120203_132911.png
FADE INTO LUCA AND JOWY 8D
lucablight.png
: "HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!! Look at how beautiful it is!!! Watching their filthy souls sucked into oblivion!!!!" Luca. Luca what.
jowy.png
: ". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."
lucablight.png
: [looks at him] "What's wrong? Don't you think it's beautiful? Weren't you also born without the legitimate blood of your father?" wat
jowy.png
: "Why would you ask that...?" we're all wondering that
lucablight.png
: "Because you interest me. Your eyes are different from the eyes of those other pigs. Just below the surface, I see the darkness inside you. Surely you must feel it too." are you hitting on jowy, luca.
jowy.png
: [turns away and takes a few steps] "But I.... I am grateful to my father for taking me in."
And then he walks away.
lucablight.png
: "Pahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!! Sacrifice their souls!!! Free the evil beast!!! Cleans this foul land!!!" You're kind of special.
Fade out.

[BGM: Suspicion] Back to us.
miklotov.png
: "What on earth..."
Fade out.

We're back on the world map.

I step into Muse. [BGM: Suspicion]
miklotov.png
: "It has been a while, but... There are no signs of life..."
Doors are all locked.

I head towards Jowston Hill and a man walks down and collapses.
man: "Huh... ha... Ahh... Help me..."
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: [runs in] "Stop! Identify yourselves!!!" 'Hi, we're the Dunan army. Nice day, huh?'
miklotov.png
: "We don't have to introduce ourselves to the likes of you!!!"
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Something's funny about them!!! Seize them!!!" What, you mean our complete lack of disguises?
Fight!
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "Who the hell are these guys?" Hi, I'm the ghost of Odessa fucking Silverberg, and this is my sister, Nanami, and these are my adoring fans.
The Highland soldier bolts.
miklotov.png
: [to the fallen man] "Are you okay? What the hell happened?"
man: "A m... Monster... A silver monster... Ev... Everyone... Eaten alive... My... My wife... My kids... Father... Mother... Got them... Everyone... Eaten... alive..." Thanks, Beast Rune!
And then he fades away.
miklotov.png
: "Hey, hey! Hold on... Damn!!! That bastard... Luca Blight!!! How dare he! He'll pay for this!"
miklotov.png
: "Lord Odessa, I'm going back to Rockaxe. I'll send those Highlanders back where they came from!" I hope you only mean other Highlanders because tbh I don't think people like me much :'(
HIGHLAND SOLDIER: "There they are!!!"
miklotov.png
: "Hurry! We mustn't be captured!!!"
We safely run out!

Come on, tigers, drop some double-beat runes! Please?
Ugh, no go.

back at the gate:
GUARD: "Sir Miklotov, I'm glad you were able to make it back safely! After the incident, Lord Gorudo immediately ordered us to close to border, and not let anyone pass. We were really worried."
miklotov.png
: "Thank you for your concern."

GUARD: "Are you well, my lord? The people in the villages around here saw something frightening in Muse, so I was concerned.
GUARD: "Lord Camus is worried too. Please hurry back to Rockaxe."

I step back into Rockaxe and Nanami and Miklotov have things to say. ... psxfin is freaking out, gotta restart it.
nanami.png
: "Somehow we made it back..."
miklotov.png
: "But the people of Muse... Lord Odessa, I'm sure Lord Gorudo will understand when we inform him... I swear, by my hands, Luca Blight will fall..."
nanami.png
: "Hurry, Odessa!!! Now the Knightdom of Matilda will surely join you as allies!"

Long Chan Chan is in the inn, eating. When I had Wakaba in my party, he left his bowl on the table but wasn't there. Guess he saw her coming and bolted.
longchanchan.png
: "A strong body is the root of any great fighter. And the root of a great body is eating great food." His name's listed as L. C. Chan, by the way.

I step inside the castle and Camus finds me!
camus.png
: "So you've returned, Miklotov! I am glad that you are safe."
miklotov.png
: "Yes... I met Lord Odessa on the way, and we travelled together. But never mind that, where is Lord Gorudo?"
camus.png
: "Did something happen? It's not like you to be so imperious."
miklotov.png
: "Something happened! I only know fragments of the story, but those Highland dogs are doing something horrible!!!" So if the State is filled with pigs, and the Highlanders are dogs, what are people from Toran? Goats? (The Kooluk can be cochineal.)
camus.png
: "Calm yourself. A knight should know how to control his temper." I like how Camus is the fire type and Miklotov is the wind type.
miklotov.png
: "You don't understand! Out of my way, Camus! This emotion can't be controlled!"
And then he storms off.
camus.png
: "Hmmph. What got into him?"
Camus follows at a much more sedate pace.

20120203_190009.png
Walking into Gorudo's room... Miklotov's there. A lot of red and blue knights are, too.
gorudo.png
: "I see you're safe, Miklotov."
miklotov.png
: [steps up] "Lord Gorudo, I have a request. Please let me take the Army, or even just my own Blue Knight Squadron, to invade Muse." Blue Leader, this is Red Leader, standing by ....
gorudo.png
: "Are you mad? Why should we do that? Highland has no intention of fighting us, but you want to start a war with them?"
miklotov.png
: "The Highland Army gathered all the people of Muse and the nearby towns, and sacrificed them in some bizarre ritual! It was a massacre! We can't go on pretending to see what's happening! What of our honor as Knights!?"
gorudo.png
: "I don't know what you saw, but we Knights have a responsibility to govern this land. We can't send its people into danger."
miklotov.png
: "You can't think Highland will leave us be for long! When the other State cities fall, Luca Blight will come to destroy us!!!" Eh, he'd probably get you guys before Tinto. You're closer.
gorudo.png
: [shoves Miklotov back] "Silence! This 'massacre' you're babbling about, did you actually see it with your own eyes?"
miklotov.png
: "No, but, but... We know they captured all the refugees..."
gorudo.png
: "Shut up! You speak of 'Knight's Honor?' As a Knight Captain, didn't you pledge to me, by the emblem on your chest, your undying loyalty? Is breaking that pledge part of a 'Knight's Honor'?"
miklotov.png
: ". . . . . . . . . . . . ."
miklotov.png
: [backs up] "I did... swear to you by this Emblem... But this is my true 'Knight's Honor'." Oglaf link goes here. -- DID I JUST TYPE THAT.
gorudo.png
: "If that's the way you want it, fine. Now get out of my sight!"
miklotov.png
: "Breaking a pledge... Breaking a pledge of loyalty is a Knight's highest disgrace... But..."
miklotov.png
: "But I am... I am... I am!!! I am a Human first and a Knight second!!! I don't need your title! I resign myself to your disgrace! But I will never forgive you!!! I can never look idly by while lives are being thrown away!!!" ♥ Miklotov
[BGM: Heart Softening Music something. Not an ending theme one.]
20120204_003230.png
Miklotov turns to the side and reaches up on his chest. Gorudo is confused.
20120204_003233.png
... And he takes off his emblem and throws it to the ground. Gorudo is shocked!
gorudo.png
: "You... You... To break your oath..."
Camus walks in.
camus.png
: "Miklotov is just upset... Let him cool off a bit."
gorudo.png
: "You came just in time, Camus. Arrest this man! Throw him in prison!"
camus.png
: "Arrest Miklotov? I can't do that."
gorudo.png
: "What are you saying...?" Camus is a much better choice of moirail than Jowy.
20120204_003637.png
Camus closes his eyes and removes his emblem, too. ... Which begs the question: how does he keep his half-cape on?
camus.png
: "I guess I'm going to break my oath too. I cannot obey."
miklotov.png
: "Camus..."
camus.png
: "Lord Odessa, please allow Miklotov and I to join the Sowston Army. We are no longer Knights, but we still posess our hearts and our skills. Surely they will aid you." Yes, 'posess'.
[ Miklotov joined the group! ]
[ Camus joined the group! ]
gorudo.png
: [hop] "You... You traitors! You can't just leave! You, guards, arrest them all!!!"
He looks around.
gorudo.png
: "Quickly! Hurry up!"
BLUE KNIGHT: ". . . . . . . . . . . . ."
BLUE KNIGHT: [steps up] "Sir Camus, Sir Miklotov, please let me accompany you. I want to fight by your side." And he takes off his emblem, too.
miklotov.png
: "You... You..."
BLUE KNIGHT: [steps up] "Sir Miklotov, please take me too."
20120204_004029.png
There's a lot of tinging sounds as they all throw aside their emblems. Not in unison!
gorudo.png
: "You fools!!! So you've turned a handful of Knights against me... What do you think that will accomplish!?" ... Making my army bigger?
And he runs out the top.
miklotov.png
: "... I'm sorry, everyone... Lord Odessa, it's not safe to stay in the castle any longer."
Fade out.

No music.
Camus and Miklotov are leading me out Rockaxe. We're about halfway between the castle and the exit.
miklotov.png
: "Let's escape the castle before Gorudo calls in his army."
camus.png
: "Miklotov, you go with Lord Odessa. I'll talk with some of the other Knights and catch up. I should be able to convince a few more to join us... Although I hate to council them towards treason." Eh, it's a good cause.
miklotov.png
: "Be careful."
camus.png
: "Don't worry, I'll come soon."
Camus stops to look at me as he leaves.
miklotov.png
: "We need to hurry. The Muse border is probably still under Gorudo's control, so let's escape through Greenhill."
[ Miklotov convoy joins party ]
Whoop, teleport to Greenhill border.
miklotov.png
: "We should be safe now..."
nanami.png
: "Haaahhh... I'm so tired of constantly running away..."
blue knight: [runs in, freaking out] "Lord Miklotov, they're coming after us!!!"
miklotov.png
: [stuttered step towards blue knight] "What! There's too many..."
nanami.png
: [hop] "Yipes!!! It's okay... We'll triumph somehow. Prepare for battle!"
Shu walks in from the left.
shu.png
: "We've come to escort you back, Lord Odessa."
nanami.png
: [hop hop hop] "Shu! Thank God! Now we'll stand a fighting chance!!!"
shu.png
: "I doubt you'll need us. Take a closer look at your pursuers."
camus.png
: [walks in with a bunch of blue and red knights] "Sorry we're late, Miklotov."
miklotov.png
: [glances at them] "Camus... You... What's with all these people?"
camus.png
: "They share our disgust for Gorudo's methods. About half of both the Red and Blue Knights have decided to join us."
shu.png
: [walks over] "You must be Lord Camus and Lord Miklotov. I am Shu, the Sowston Army's strategist."
They step up.
miklotov.png
: "It is a pleasure to meeet you. I am the former Blue Knight Captain of Matilda, Miklotov."
camus.png
: "And I'm Camus, former Red Knight Captain. Now a common swordsman."
shu.png
: "The Sowston Army welcomes you both. Lord Odessa, we must return immediately. I don't know how much longer we can evade the notice of the Greenhill Army."
Fade out.

STATS:
- Stars of Destiny: 62 + Camiklotov = 64 / 108 (and the squirrel squad)
- Jowy Points: W O W nice job standing there dude
- Times Fainted Riou's Weird Sleeping Habits: fainted once, woke up randomly once

NEXT TIME: ... We're kinda running low on potential allies, huh!

Back
Top Bottom