• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Live concerts

I've seen Bowling for Soup in concert, and while I absolutely loved seeing them, a couple of the bands they performed with really weren't my thing, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have.

My dream is to see the Flaming Lips live because "their elaborate live shows [...] feature costumes, balloons, puppets, video projections, complex stage light configurations, giant hands, large amounts of confetti, and frontman Wayne Coyne's signature man-sized plastic bubble, in which he traverses the audience" - YES.

My dream is to see the Flaming Lips live because "their elaborate live shows [...] feature costumes, balloons, puppets, video projections, complex stage light configurations, giant hands, large amounts of confetti, and frontman Wayne Coyne's signature man-sized plastic bubble, in which he traverses the audience" - YES.
agreed. when I head about that last bit in xkcd, I was like "holy shit, I need to get in on this"

I've seen a Beatles tribute group, Deep Purple, Roger Waters, and recently Pink Floyd. I love live concerts - there's something special about actually seeing the band in real life and not through a screen.

I've seen a Beatles tribute group, Deep Purple, Roger Waters, and recently Pink Floyd. I love live concerts - there's something special about actually seeing the band in real life and not through a screen.

uh, the fact that Pink Floyd have had precisely one concert in twenty five years (in 2005) kinda makes me doubt that.

I've been two the 2008 Honda-Civic Tour in Atlanta.
Panic! At The Disco, Motion City Soundtrack, The Hush Sound, and Phantom Planet played. Some of their songs I hate in studio but I can't remember hating any song they played live. I specifically remember one song ("This Is For Real" by Motion City Soundtrack) that I absolutely hated before going to see them live. I actually enjoyed the song in concert, and it is bearable recorded now.

Well I mean you can also count the Jimmy Buffett concert (blech) my dad dragged me to when I was about 5-6 years old but still.

try me >:(
I was going to quote the same post and respond the same word-for-word.

Anyway, I've only gone to one live concert in my whole life. I saw Linkin Park in the past summer, and even that was just because a friend was going to see them and took me along. Not many other good bands come around much. Considering one-third of Muse's albums have live songs on them, and they've won so many awards for being outstanding live, I'd like to see them, but I live in the U.S., so European bands probably won't be here often.:unsure:

I'd definitely like to go to more concerts than I do. But I don't. So...

I've seen Linkin Park, The Kaiser Chiefs, Coldplay, Radiohead, The Killers and Tommy Emanuel live (he's an Australian guitarist - I never heard of him either). All of them were pretty good, but Radiohead were by far the better musicians.

Radiohead are also by far the best band of the ones you mentioned.

Does anyone pay attention to the visuals and things during shows? I think it's boring if the band just stand there and play.

Does anyone pay attention to the visuals and things during shows?

l_f119f79c5eea49e8afdb4ff5ec8712df.jpg

No comment.

Back
Top Bottom