• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lord of the Fireflies vs. Chief Zackrai

Re: Cosmic Blueberry vs. Chief Zackrai

2v2 singles
Style: set
DQ: five days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned moves: Evasion, healing (including Rest), OHKOs, chills limited to 4/pokémon
Special: Only Pokémon at their lowest stage of evolution (including 1 stage Pokémon)
Arena: The Island

Yup, a small island (I mean REALLY small) lost in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, covered entirely of sand except for a small part in the middle, where some grass is randomly scattered, and a giant baobab in the exact center, covering almost one fifth of the island's surface. Of course, only small Pokémon can withstand a battle in that area.

Chief Zackrai tosses another red-and-white ball into the blackened sand; in a burst of white light, a Gligar appears, spinning through the air. It looks on in confusion from the sky, however; why is there such a big pit in the island? The Swinub seems slightly disoriented as well; what happened to all the shiny ice? As the trainers yell commands, and the referee waves his green flag, though, the Swinub hmphs in annoyance.

Round 4

Chief Zackrai (XO)
Gligar
Ptah (M) <Hyper Cutter>
Health: 100%
Energy: 96%
Commands: Sandstorm~Brick Break~Brick Break
- Eyeing the crater from above.

Lord of the Fireflies (OO)
iaza17317258291200.gif

Coat (M) <Oblivious>
Health: 48%
Energy: 86%
Commands: Ice Shard/Ice Beam (x3)
- Inspecting the burned tree. +1 Attack, +1 Defense, +2 Special Defense, -1 Speed. Mud Bomb forgotten.

Ptah grins; Why not? he thinks. He swoops down from the air, claws snapping, but in a burst of speed, Coat spews a razor-sharp shred of ice at the Gligar. Ptah, thrown from the unusual force of the shard, shakes his head, but he dives again toward the island, flipping to throw up sand with his tail. Ptah flits to the edge of the crater, shooting around it as he picks up speed. Coat watches the display with interest, tilting his head; the Gligar’s stinger lashes out occasionally, flicking up sediments until a vortex of sand forms. Abruptly, Ptah stops, skidding away from the isle, but his sand-tornado explodes, sending grit flying.

The Swinub opens his jaw once more, grimacing at the taste of sand, and chucks another craggy, hexagonal slice at Ptah, cracking his exoskeleton. The Gligar, gnashing his teeth, squints his eyes, spotting Coat through eddies of wind. Ptah speeds toward the Swinub, his pincers chambered, and smashes Coat with punches; the Gligar finishes by slamming his tail, sending Coat flying.

Before Ptah can repeat his performance, though, Coat’s mouth is already open, full of rapidly growing ice crystals, and he hurls a third rugged, razor-sharp fragment of ice at the Gligar. Ptah winces, his eyes backtracking to the shard’s origin. At first, his scan reveals nothing; with a second glance, though, he thinks he sees a brown blob below. The Gligar swoops down from the air once again, and buffets the Swinub with three lightning-fast jabs; suddenly, a blue flash appears, blowing both Pokémon backwards.

Ptah frowns; what was that? As he glides across the island, though, he feels sore and tense. The Gligar excuses it as plain fatigue, but it certainly isn't.

Chief Zackrai (XO)
Gligar
Ptah (M) <Hyper Cutter>
Health: 68%
Energy: 88%
Actions: Sandstorm~Brick Break~Brick Break
-Confused about the big explosion. Paralyzed (Moderate; 20% chance of full paralysis).

iaza17317258291200.gif

Coat (M) <Oblivious>
Health: 23%
Energy: 69%
Actions: Ice Shard~Ice Shard~Ice Shard
- Trying to get the taste of sand out of his mouth. +1 Attack, +1 Defense, +2 Special Defense, -1 Speed. Mud Bomb forgotten.

Arena Notes: A sandstorm is raging (6 more actions) above the island, and there is a large crater covers most of the isle.

Notes:
- The first Ice Shard was a critical hit.
- Improbable physics is fun, isn’t it?
- I swear I’m using too many commas.
- “Chambered” is a martial arts term describing a ready to strike fist or kick or something like that.
- Reffings really shouldn’t take this long, so sorry. And now I think I missed something because I typed that.
- Chief Zackrai attacks first.

Last edited:

...I don't even have an excuse for that. 2 isn't even close to 8 on the keyboard.

But I'll check again. :/

Edit: Should be right now.

I was stupid and just realized I forgot to factor in Static Fur. Fixing...again.

So, you might want to reorder, Zackrai.

2v2 singles
Banned moves: Evasion, healing (including Rest), OHKOs, chills limited to 4/pokémon
Special: Only Pokémon at their lowest stage of evolution (including 1 stage Pokémon)

Yup, a small island (I mean REALLY small) lost in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, covered entirely of sand except for a small part in the middle, where some grass is randomly scattered, and a giant baobab in the exact center, covering almost one fifth of the island's surface. Of course, only small Pokémon can withstand a battle in that area.

Round 5

Chief Zackrai (XO)
Gligar
Ptah (M) <Hyper Cutter>
Health: 68%
Energy: 88%
Commands: Brick Break ~ Brick Break ~ Brick Break
-Aching and stiff. Paralyzed (Moderate; 20% chance of full paralysis; actions requiring movement use 2% more energy).

iaza17317258291200.gif

Coat (M) <Oblivious>
Signature Attribute: Static Fur
Health: 23%
Energy: 69%
Commands: Endeavor ~ Hail ~ Reflect
- Feeling a strange tingling in his fur. +1 Attack, +1 Defense, +1 Special Defense, -1 Speed. Mud Bomb forgotten.

Whirlwinds of sand rage over the scarred island, showing no signs of relenting; the trainers and strangely quiet referee have taken cover under blankets for the time being. The Pokémon, on the other hand, feel at home in the buffeting grit, and after the hidden trainers issue commands, a green blur waving, they both dawdle unhurriedly before starting their blitzes.

Ptah launches into action, or, at least, he tries to; the Gligar’s movements are jerky and sluggish. Coat, however, is ready for revenge on that stupid flying scorpion. The Swinub backs up, his eyebrows furrowed with concentration, and dashes toward the Gligar, leaping into the air, and finally, ramming Ptah with a headbutt; Coat drops to the ground with a triumphant Swinub! as the Gligar falls from the air. Snarling, Ptah glides back to the sky. With the blasting sand, though, it’s much harder to see, well, anything; the Gligar pauses, scanning the ground. He sees the faintest smudge of something brown, and dives toward it; Coat turns out to be a foot away from the spot, and Ptah crashes into the ground.

The Gligar, infuriated, soars back up to the sky, his wings straining to move, while a certain pig smirks on the ground. Coat shakes his head, snorting, and refocuses, now glowing a faint sky blue. Suddenly, the Swinub looks to the sky, and a turquoise beam blasts into the air, a halo surrounding it. Even as the sandstorm quiets, the island darkens, all sunlight captured by thick, jet black clouds. Ptah glances at the looming clouds, anxiety on his face; at least I can see now, he thinks as he plunges down to the ground. The Gligar crashes into Coat, pounding him to the ground.

Hurt and battered, the tiny hog is almost ready to collapse; Coat, though, is determined to last as long as he can. The Swinub concentrates, asking the space around it to warp just a little, and abruptly, a shimmering amber sphere surrounds Coat. Shiny, he thinks absentmindedly as he admires his work. Ptah is having none of this shield nonsense, however, and he rushes Coat again, punching with such force the glimmering screen shatters into bits of light, and the Swinub is sent flying through the air.

As Coat picks himself off of the ground, wind begins speeding across the island, and a hailstone promptly crashes into Ptah’s head; he seems unaware anything even happened, though, and a green light flickers out around him.

Chief Zackrai (XO)
Gligar
Ptah (M) <Hyper Cutter>
Health: 28% (capped)
Energy: 70%
Actions: Brick Break ~ Brick Break ~ Brick Break
- Surprised at what a tiny Swinub could do. Paralyzed (Moderate; 20% chance of full paralysis; actions requiring movement use 2% more energy).

iaza17317258291200.gif

Coat (M) <Oblivious>
Health: 6%
Energy: 49%
Actions: Endeavor ~ Hail ~ Reflect
- Ready to fall. +1 Attack, +1 Defense, +1 Special Defense, -1 Speed. Mud Bomb forgotten.

Arena Notes: There is a large crater in the center of the island, as well as a windy hailstorm raining hail (7 more actions; 2%/round).

Notes:
- Ugh, sorry for the wait. (x100)
- The first Brick Break missed because of the sandstorm (oh the irony).
- Yeah, flying Swinub.
- Brick Break broke the Reflect, so no damage reduction.
- Lord of the Fireflies orders first.

Last edited:
Wait how could BB miss?

I somehow forgot that Brick Break actually breaks Screens... >_>

Well, Coat, obviously you won't be able to plow through that Gligar for sure, however, leave the field like a man by combining Double-Edge and Frustration. Also, be sure to shout some epic words before falling. However if he is a wimp and protects, use Reflect instead and push back the awesome move to the second action.

Double-Edge+Frustration+Epic Last Words/Reflect~Double-Edge+Frustration+Epic Last Words

Nothing except never-miss moves in ASB ever always hit, and the sandstorm makes a visibility reduction, so.

2v2 singles

Round 6

Chief Zackrai (XO)
Gligar
Ptah (M) <Hyper Cutter>
Health: 28%
Energy: 70%
Commands: Endure ~ Rock Smash ~ Nothing
- Wanting to get this over with. Paralyzed (Moderate; 20% chance of full paralysis; actions requiring movement use 2% more energy).

Swinub
Coat (M) <Oblivious>
Health: 6%
Energy: 49%
Commands: Double Edge + Frustration + Epic Last Words/Reflect ~ Double Edge + Frustration
- Thinking of an epitaph. +1 Attack, +1 Defense, +1 Special Defense, -1 Speed. Mud Bomb forgotten.

Hail plummets onto the island as the trainers and referee take cover once again; now, as blankets are rather useless, they’ve resorted to putting metal buckets on their heads. Coat, on the other hand, is rather enjoying the storm, especially the Gligar’s efforts to evade the stones; Ptah (rather uselessly) swerving around in midair is quite an interesting sight, apparently.

The Swinub seems to have accepted its fate and wants to got out with a bang; Coat starts glowing a bright white and backs up. The Gligar, though, is not so resigned to his fate. Slowing to a stop, he focuses his willpower on surviving, a faint azure light flickering in around him. Soon, Coat is already jumping through the air, slamming into Ptah, then headbutting him once more with a Swinub!. Ptah, though, is less phased than what you might expect for such a powerful attack.

Coat is tired beyond measure, breathing heavily and slumping down. Ptah, willing to take advantage of this momentary pause, swoops down and punches Coat with all of his might; the Swinub falls over, unconcious.

As Chief Zackrai holds up a red-and-white ball, a red light zig-zagging into it, Ptah feels different; just a little bit more flexible and faster, almost, gliding through the air.

Chief Zackrai (XO)
Gligar
Ptah (M) <Hyper Cutter>
Health: 17%
Energy: 61%
Actions: Endure ~ Rock Smash ~ Nothing
- Thinking about how unfair this is. Paralyzed (Mild; 15% chance of full paralysis; actions requiring movement use 1% more energy).

Swinub
Coat (M) <Oblivious>
Health: 0%
Energy: 38%
Actions: Double Edge + Frustration + Epic Last Words
- Lying on the ground. +1 Attack, +1 Special Defense, -1 Speed. Mud Bomb forgotten. Knocked out.

Arena Notes: There is a crater covering the island, as well as a raging storm sending hail down (4 more actions/2% per round).

Notes:
- Combo had 160 base power. Ouch. (though lowered to 100 base power from Endure)
- See, so smart that I forgot recoil.
- …I’m really bad at reffing.
- For some reason, I had Ptah use Reflect first, so if you see any remnants of that, could you tell me?
- Chief Zackrai attacks first. See below.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom