• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia: A First Chance [Innocent Victory]

Re: Mafia: A First Chance [Day 1]

There is no reason for sreservoir to fake cop, unless he is a terrible player, because we have enough villager fodder to screw up fakes.

Unless he's playing smart and voting one of his teammates, but I think Applejack would have a problem with that...

If Applejack is innocent, which he likely is if sreservoir is faking, then we lost a villager and know who to vote. 1 villager and 1 mafia seems like a trade in our favour.

And thus, I conclude Phantom may be another mafia, because really, I don't see a reason to not trust sreservoir.

Oh, a bandwagon! No, I hate those things. Applejack has a chance of being innocent, we all do. I believe that. But,

sreservoir said:
now, Applejack, do enjoy constructing an alibi. it will amuse me greatly.

I agree. I shall wait for my judgment once we hear Applejack's side. Though it doesn't look like that will matter

As the questions fly, it becomes noon and soon the sun sits on the horizon. A few of the town members call out accusations. Although a couple of citizens are opposed to the lynching, Applejack is dragged into the center of town. With this community being small, they had to call upon the mayor to do the lynching. Shizui walks out of his home and is carrying a pistol. Applejack remains silent, saying nothing. Shizui fires one bullet into her temple. As she falls, a few of the people with weaker stomachs gasp. Shizui walks back into Town Hall as the citizens walk home. No one has the stomach for a meal at the diner tonight.

------------

Applejack is dead. She was Mafia.
You have 24-hours to send in night actions.

Re: Mafia: A First Chance [Day 2]

The sun rises and the citizens of New Haven emerge from their homes. As they walk towards the diner, the memories of the lynching last night heavy on their minds, they see a body. Strung up to a light post, the limp body of yiran hangs. He seems to have gone through a struggle, as bruises cover both arms. As the Shizui takes the body down, he tells everyone to go and eat. Only a few sit down to eat, as speculation arises.

--------

yiran is dead. He was Not Mafia.
You have 24-hours to discuss.
GM Note: I will be enacting the '3 strikes, you're out' clause. If you don't send in night actions 3 nights in a row, you will be Mod-Killed.

mai is mafia. the doctor, zero moment, by virtue of my continued survival, is probably innocent.

combining this with the fact that one mafia is dead, and based on the previous count of roles (6 civilians, plus 1 each of doctor and detective, yielding 3 mafia to remain, which is fractionally congruous with the count of 11 players), that means there is one mafia member remaining.

as such, based on simple probability, I estimate that, given that one innocent non-doctor is killed each night, and one random non-doctor is killed each day, there is roughly a 3/4 chance of killing the remainder of the mafia before the unbreakable tie of doctor and single mafia -- which is concluded by either the (town-aligned) previous kill or by random number; in the former case, town are guaranteed victory; in the latter, the town wins in 7/8 of cases given perfect randomness and no more revealed information. simply kill off one person per day who is not zero moment.

in the interest of expediting future voting, I have prepared a kill list -- simply kill off in order, one per day, skipping the no longer killable, until the mafia no longer exists: Mai, Phantom, Flora, Light, Mr. Brightside, RK-9, Le Sabre, sreservoir, Zero Moment.

(this list is, in essence, mai first, then phantom, the the people who haven't posted, in alphabetical order, then the people who have posted, in alphabetical order, then zero moment, who we do not want dead.)

certainly, priorities may shift as information is gained, but I think this list should suffice.

given this, I think it is possible to declare, given that we follow my instructions, a town victory.

W...o...w... I don't know whether to be impressed or feel crazy. That list is too intricate anyway. I read part of it and can't follow.

Hey, I think I understood that post!
So, any speculation on who the unknown mafioso is?

Ha I wish I was mafia. Then I wouldn't be so bored. I'm vanillla.

I vote Mai. Sorry res for doubting you.

no problem with that. as long as you're not mafia, this should fulfil your win condition anyway, so.

Oh hey guys, Civvilian here. Absolutely useless powers go!

Oh wait I can vote.

Mai

Sorry, not had a lot of time...

The group decides on a vote, leading the helpless Mai of into town square. They once again call upon Shizui, noting that Applejack's body had been removed. As Shizui strolls out of the Town Hall, he is carrying the familiar handgun. He raises it and asks Mai for any last words. As Mai remains speechless, he fires one shoot into her skull. A few in the group are still squeamish and turn away, squealing as they hear the shot. As Shizui walks away, they faintly hear him mumble, "That is another Mafia member down."

--------

Mai is dead. She was Mafia.
You have 24-hours for night actions.

Re: Mafia: A First Chance [Day 3]

The town arises, after a fitful sleep for some. As they one by one sneak out of their homes. As they pin themselves into the diner, Shizui walks in and sits down. He does a quick head count, and is shocked. Everyone was still alive that was alive the previous night. He orders a coffee and announces, "All of you are still alive, for now. Be warned, there are still among you those who would like to see the others dead." Leaving them all to ponder that, Shizui walks out and back to Town Hall.

--------
No One is dead.
You have 24-hours to discuss.

curious.

normally, I would be dead now, but.

seemingly even after I telegraph the night's heal, the mafia decides to go after the doctor. smart.

now, as it happened, I inpsected flora as not mafia, so our list will be revised to Phantom, Light, Mr. Brightside, RK-9, Le Sabre.

doctor, continue to heal self. mafia, I'm not going to try that same trick twice when this doesn't require my continued existence.

however, it is useful to note that one more use of my action renders it entirely impossible for the mafia to win, given that people do what I tell them to. which, as it happens, is a thing that actually happens.

That's ok. But I would very much like not to die.... do I still win if the town wins if I'm dead?

If not... why would I vote for Mai if I was mafia? Eh its not like I'm any use being town and all...

Phantom

Back
Top Bottom