• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia Idea Center

Soo... I was really bored and started looking over some mafias from forever and a month ago. I realized that it wasn't mafia in general that was slowing down. It was that a lot of our main mafia players seemed to have jumped off the face of the Earth... Blaziking, Seritinajii, Jack, InvaderSyl, and a lot of others just went poof. Anyone know how we can bribe abduct convince them to become active again? Also there are a lot of others who are still active and ditched us. We need another TCoD mafia... a like... a reunion one. Make it huge and get EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER in it. Something the size of the legendary TV Tropes Mafia!

Last edited:
Also there are a lot of others who are still active and ditched us.
Yeah... about that...

I would be interested in that! And wow, I remember all of those people... even better, I remember waiting for a new mafia eagerly and jumping in to join one without even reading the rules because yes mafia let's do it.

EDIT: Also! I've been toying with the idea of a Puella Magi Madoka Mafia.

Has anyone here (who I haven't already contacted) watched the anime?

If so, would any of you be interested in playing a game or two revolving around it? I have huge, vague plans for a complicated game, but many of the mechanics are spoilery. I'd feel awful if I spoiled random people just to play the game.

Which is why all of you need to watch the show and tell me about it!

Last edited:
Except that TVTropes mafia never finished.

I died first thing and flipped mafia is all I remember of it. oh, and other people died afterward.

Right! Who hates res enough to have him offed with nothing to go on?

... oh right, everyone ever.

also this amused me.

Yeah... about that...

I would be interested in that! And wow, I remember all of those people... even better, I remember waiting for a new mafia eagerly and jumping in to join one without even reading the rules because yes mafia let's do it.

EDIT: Also! I've been toying with the idea of a Puella Magi Madoka Mafia.

Has anyone here (who I haven't already contacted) watched the anime?

If so, would any of you be interested in playing a game or two revolving around it? I have huge, vague plans for a complicated game, but many of the mechanics are spoilery. I'd feel awful if I spoiled random people just to play the game.

Which is why all of you need to watch the show and tell me about it!

no no no merely telling people of existence of madomagi is just asking for them to spoiler themselves. and that's terrible.

Futurama Mafia.

Or Invader Zim Mafia.

Or Bloody Gir Mafia (10 or so players all looking like Gir in his Dog outfit, but a few actually being Bloody Girs)

Or Invader Zim Mafia.

Or Bloody Gir Mafia (10 or so players all looking like Gir in his Dog outfit, but a few actually being Bloody Girs)

Didn't we have a Zim Mafia a while ago? I wouldn't be opposed to another one if there are completely different shout-outs and such, but.

So, I've been messing around with the idea of the Mafia Awards this year. If anyone is willing to help, I am planning on hosting them sometime this fall; similar to last year. And since ASB might be foreverdead it might be our only 'awards' this year.

Some issues were;

Confusions on categories
Lack of nominations for 'major' categories, including "Best Mafia Player" and others.
Lack of nominations in general, actually, since many categories never made it to the actual voting
And lack of voting but for some reason everyone was playing. (I was ready to stabity stab kill kill people)

A lot of this is probably because this was the first time we'd had awards so it was going to be shaky at first.

ALSO! Someone mentioned a game for the 'winners' which sounds totally legit and I think we should do that.

But we've had some pretty great games this past 'season' so I think we should try this again.

good idea, phantom. i read through the last one.

my idea, and tell me if it has been done: a celebrity mafia. pretty explanatory, to me at least. and roleplay within would help it out a lot.

thoughts?

I guess it would be real person roleplaying just like there's real person fanfiction.

How about a creepypasta mafia? I've never run a mafia game before though.

I've been thinking about a mafia just like Clue. (I'd like for someone else to set it up, because I'd really like to play in something like that.)

Back
Top Bottom