• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia Idea Center

That would be awesome!

Seconded!

Mafia Awards sound like a fun idea, but I'm not sure if we have enough people for it to really work. Maybe if we get a few more games going, though...?

Also AtLA mafia is a thing and you should join even if you haven't watched the show. :D

Just a thought for a quick concept game:

It's called OLD WEST SHOOTOUT

Everyplayer is a vig, and is self-aligned. The rest should be self-explanatory.

everyone being self-aligned vig throws out the information game, turns the day game into ... silly, and is generally an exercise in not being hated. or something. it is so far removed from mafia that I ... can't even ... not sure if serious.

Okay, what if there are two factions of bandits fighting over the town, each with ~3 members, (a every-other-Night vig boss, a Desperado, and Faith Healer) along with a single Mafia with a power. The bandits win when the Mafia and opposing faction are eliminated, and the town win when they're the only ones left.

Actually, I think I'll be doing this myself. Would anyone be up to co-GMing this with me?

Who would want a Case Closed mafia? If you haven't watched the show or read the manga, then you should totally go do so right now on Youtube or somewhere else because it's that awesome.

Case Closed! I've only read it in Chinese though. But I'd still join.

Hmm, rather than basing a game on gameplay tactics, people base their games on existing things they are interested in that doesn't have much to do with gameplay. Interesting.

Hmm, rather than basing a game on gameplay tactics, people base their games on existing things they are interested in that doesn't have much to do with gameplay. Interesting.

Well idk look at the TF2 Mafia I just ran. All the roles had some actual meaning with respect to their classes.

The fact that people base their games off of existing lore only adds flavor to the game and gets people to join.

The scenario would be like this: Conan, Rachel, and Richard are invited to a party in a mansion by a few of Richard's childhood friends (Kind of sort of friends, not besties) when a murder strikes. It's obviously one of the party members, but who?

Every day phase, there'll be subtle hints on who the murderer is, but Conan will be PMed a few more clues that weren't in the thread (Because Conan solves everything, you see). If Conan were to die, he'd still get PMed clues, though he's unable to say them. If Richard or Rachel were to die in the game, they wouldn't really die, they'd simply be unable to post in the thread. At the end of the game, if it's an innocent win, the murderer(s) will be arrested. If the mafia win, then it'll end with the murderer(s) escaping.

Do you guys want another mafia right now? Or should I wait until some stuff dies down? I have an idea that I've been anticipating for a while, but I don't want it to be short of players due to competition with other games going on.

Do you guys want another mafia right now? Or should I wait until some stuff dies down? I have an idea that I've been anticipating for a while, but I don't want it to be short of players due to competition with other games going on.

Hold off for 2 days maybe?

That's an... interesting number? I mean I was probably going to wait at least that long to see what you guys said here and then decide if I should hold off for like, 2 weeks. Cause personally I'm not in any going mafia games right now but I'm signed up for 3. There just seems to be an unusual spark of mafia activity right now, which is great! (quick! lets do awards!) [/halfjoking]

wow. im not the most comprehensible person at 4:43 a.m. Or maybe i'm just bad at comprehending myself right now. O_0 stupid jetlag. and now im just getting more and more rambly. shutting up.

Last edited:
That's an... interesting number? I mean I was probably going to wait at least that long to see what you guys said here and then decide if I should hold off for like, 2 weeks. Cause personally I'm not in any going mafia games right now but I'm signed up for 3. There just seems to be an unusual spark of mafia activity right now, which is great! (quick! lets do awards!) [/halfjoking]

wow. im not the most comprehensible person at 4:43 a.m. Or maybe i'm just bad at comprehending myself right now. O_0 stupid jetlag. and now im just getting more and more rambly. shutting up.

You seem perfectly comprehensible right now?

How about an ASB mafia where every night you get two or three actions and a condition, and the GM refs it?

Back
Top Bottom