• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

#mafia Mafia [Mafia Victory]

Re: #mafia Mafia [Day 4]

Zero Moment has a point, your posts just scream mafia.

Yeah, he's like the new- ....who was it, Coroxn?- the guy who's never not suspicious.
Although yiran is having a better time of not being lynched D1, somehow.

EDIT: I saw that post, yiran.

Yeah, he's like the new- ....who was it, Coroxn?- the guy who's never not suspicious.
Although yiran is having a better time of not being lynched D1, somehow.

EDIT: I saw that post, yiran.

No, not Coroxn... wasn't that Seri? Cause I remember Coroxn dying a lot.

No, not Coroxn... wasn't that Seri? Cause I remember Coroxn dying a lot.

No, pretty sure it was Coroxn. Seri was generally helpful, wasn't he?

... Man, I miss the mafia forum being active. Especially because it gave me energy to be active. >>;;

(I'll write up things in a second, I guess. Am pretty tired right now but)

Seri?

Coroxn die often because he posted in an extremely scummy manner, iirc.

Seritinajii; that one with the ice cream sundae avatar.

Yeah, pretty much. Didn't he go on and on about inspectors and how they could never be proven so we should just lynch them that one time?

Seritinajii; that one with the ice cream sundae avatar.

Oh, yeah, that guy.
I haven't seen him around in a while.

Yeah, pretty much. Didn't he go on and on about inspectors and how they could never be proven so we should just lynch them that one time?

Yeah, I remember that, I think.
Didn't do too much for his lifespan that game.

I'd like to say the same about Butterfree, but I don't see her play style too often, so it might just be me being unfamiliar, but they seem to be working together... sort of.
...what? How are we working together? o_O I can't see where you're drawing that conclusion.

Anyway, I've also been semi-suspicious of yiran, since by this point innocents would normally be getting pretty anxious to lynch someone just so the mafia won't keep picking them off, while he's all "remember to abstain unless there's a lead!", but thought it was pointless to bring it up if the game was dead and nobody was posting but us, since it wouldn't get a majority anyway. yiran's claim legitimately is pretty risky, though, while Phantom's claim is absolutely minimal-risk - we basically know there are two doctors, so the role is present and no real doctor could falsify the claim on their own, but both Mortician and Coroner are uncommon roles that we'd hardly have two of in a single game, so an actual one would immediately make yiran suspicious with that claim.

If you're really stuck voting for each other, though, the only way we could actually do yiran's suggested system of healing is if we get five people other than you two to all vote for the same option that isn't either of you - I don't think that's realistic here, unfortunately. And ultimately having a coroner around isn't that much of a benefit for the innocents, while we'll want to have a doctor around as long as we can.

So I propose we all lynch yiran - if he's mafia, great; if not, oh well, at least it was just a coroner - and then any doctors around should heal Phantom, while Phantom (if she really is a doctor) heals whomever she pleases. Again, we know we have two doctors, and if yiran were a doctor he wouldn't have made this claim, so we'll still have two doctors tonight - and he's right that it's very unlikely for a 12-person game to have four doctors. So if Phantom is telling the truth, she gets protection and can heal someone else that might be the mafia's target; if Phantom is lying, our real two doctors will overdose her in the night, and we'll be a mafia down.

Sound good? Then get in here and vote for yiran so we won't randlynch someone more useful than a coroner.

EDIT: Wait, crap. If yiran is mafia, there might be three doctors still alive, in which case Phantom could be a doctor and still get overdosed. So if yiran flips mafia, the doctors should probably not all target Phantom. In that case we can do something like all doctors flip a coin, and if it's heads they target Phantom, but someone else if it's tails - some chance of overdose, but a significant enough chance of healing that the mafia would probably go for someone else less likely to be healed.

EDIT 2: Gahhh somehow I forgot about drug dealers. And yiran could be some non-innocent-aligned role that flips non-mafia, in which case there could be three doctors but he wouldn't flip mafia so they wouldn't know to not heal Phantom. Okay, this is not as simple as I was willing to believe earlier when my brain was still waking up. Still, can't change my vote, I still think doctors are more important than coroners, and we need to actually get someone-who-is-possibly-mafia lynched.

Last edited:

The only reason Butterfree suspects me is because of my previous posts. She did not take any of my reasoning for that plan in and evaluate it. Seriously, if I were mafia, why in the world would I claim Mortician and even reveal my targets? She seems like a person who would cover everything, as being a forum leader and site manager she needs to be organised and all. Therefore I find her suspicious.

Being completely blunt is bad for you in mafia. Even when you're innocent, because that somehow makes you suspicious.

This mafia forum is so messed up.

So I propose we all lynch yiran - if he's mafia, great; if not, oh well, at least it was just a coroner - and then any doctors around should heal Phantom, while Phantom (if she really is a doctor) heals whomever she pleases. Again, we know we have two doctors, and if yiran were a doctor he wouldn't have made this claim, so we'll still have two doctors tonight - and he's right that it's very unlikely for a 12-person game to have four doctors. So if Phantom is telling the truth, she gets protection and can heal someone else that might be the mafia's target; if Phantom is lying, our real two doctors will overdose her in the night, and we'll be a mafia down.

Sound good? Then get in here and vote for yiran so we won't randlynch someone more useful than a coroner.

EDIT: Wait, crap. If yiran is mafia, there might be three doctors still alive, in which case Phantom could be a doctor and still get overdosed. So if yiran flips mafia, the doctors should probably not all target Phantom. In that case we can do something like all doctors flip a coin, and if it's heads they target Phantom, but someone else if it's tails - some chance of overdose, but a significant enough chance of healing that the mafia would probably go for someone else less likely to be healed.

EDIT 2: Gahhh somehow I forgot about drug dealers. And yiran could be some non-innocent-aligned role that flips non-mafia, in which case there could be three doctors but he wouldn't flip mafia so they wouldn't know to not heal Phantom. Okay, this is not as simple as I was willing to believe earlier when my brain was still waking up. Still, can't change my vote, I still think doctors are more important than coroners, and we need to actually get someone-who-is-possibly-mafia lynched.

Wait, where do we know that we have two living doctors, again? I mean, it's possible, but a vig or something could also have been responsible for killing Eifie.

I really don't think that sounds like the best plan. We just don't know about Phantom in that case; she hasn't even gave us her targets, and I find that suspicious.

Also editing in mafia >||| Is just generally suspicious, y'know?

The only reason Butterfree suspects me is because of my previous posts. She did not take any of my reasoning for that plan in and evaluate it. Seriously, if I were mafia, why in the world would I claim Mortician and even reveal my targets? She seems like a person who would cover everything, as being a forum leader and site manager she needs to be organised and all. Therefore I find her suspicious.

Being completely blunt is bad for you in mafia. Even when you're innocent, because that somehow makes you suspicious.

This mafia forum is so messed up.
I don't get "The only reason Butterfree suspects me is because of my previous posts." You suspect people for what they post, it's kind of a thing everywhere. You'd claim mortician to not be suspicious??? If you get away with it, it's a pretty sweet role (and you always should give away your targets!). Butterfree didn't take everything into account, sure, but you can't expect everyone to be perfect in mafia. That's just silly. Argue what you think is wrong, but... I don't think your reasoning makes a ton of sense.

Just saying "well, I suspect you" in mafia when you're about to be lynched doesn't help at all. It's basically why you're becoming the new Coroxn. (Sorry, Coroxn! You really did get lynched a lot.)

Iii'm mildly suspicious of Phantom for not giving away her targets and being suddenly aggressive towards yiran, but.

No sane mafia would risk it that heavily. And it doesn't even pay off well; you guys are voting me now. Ugh. High risk low reward? Something the mafia would do?

But you know I do suspect Butterfree because she did in fact completely ignore my Mortician claim. If she covered that with rational logic I wouldn't suspect her. I don't always suspect people when they vote me, either. I didn't suspect VM when he voted me in another game (I forgot which) due to extremely complicated logic processes.

Can anyone pin down what it is that makes me mafia? Because I don't see anything wrong with my arguments and people just keep repeating "oh if you suspect someone who votes you you are bad" when that's what a person's natural reaction is.

@Butterfree, I missed this point you made when reading the first time
As for why I didn't want to vote today, because I did have some leads, if minimal, and I originally wasn't going to disclose them today and I was preparing to get Cirrus's role and then lay everything out on the next day and other people with more minimal leads could deduce more stuff and get a better chance of voting things off.

No sane mafia would risk it that heavily. And it doesn't even pay off well; you guys are voting me now. Ugh. High risk low reward? Something the mafia would do?

But you know I do suspect Butterfree because she did in fact completely ignore my Mortician claim. If she covered that with rational logic I wouldn't suspect her. I don't always suspect people when they vote me, either. I didn't suspect VM when he voted me in another game (I forgot which) due to extremely complicated logic processes.

Can anyone pin down what it is that makes me mafia? Because I don't see anything wrong with my arguments and people just keep repeating "oh if you suspect someone who votes you you are bad" when that's what a person's natural reaction is.

@Butterfree, I missed this point you made when reading the first time
As for why I didn't want to vote today, because I did have some leads, if minimal, and I originally wasn't going to disclose them today and I was preparing to get Cirrus's role and then lay everything out on the next day and other people with more minimal leads could deduce more stuff and get a better chance of voting things off.
But people are more likely to believe your claim. I'm not sure if I even want to vote you off.

She didn't ignore your mortician claim; she thinks doctors are more important. And still, that /is/ a thing you do rather often, and that's a lot of what you're doing here. Don't forget, people can be wrong without being mafia. (Except Chal, eh?)

Suspicious behavior, mostly, but you tend to act like that a lot. Plus, with the votes going to either Phantom or you, people think Phantom is less suspicious. I'm not sure about that (targets!), but this late in the game abstaining isn't really a thing we should do.

But people are more likely to believe your claim. I'm not sure if I even want to vote you off.

She didn't ignore your mortician claim; she thinks doctors are more important. And still, that /is/ a thing you do rather often, and that's a lot of what you're doing here. Don't forget, people can be wrong without being mafia. (Except Chal, eh?)

Suspicious behavior, mostly, but you tend to act like that a lot. Plus, with the votes going to either Phantom or you, people think Phantom is less suspicious. I'm not sure about that (targets!), but this late in the game abstaining isn't really a thing we should do.

Which is clearly why Butterfree is voting me in favour of Phantom, because a Mortician claim is better than a Doctor's.

She pointed out that Doctors are more important than Morticians. She didn't mention anything about my actual claiming of the role and how it would affect interpreting my alignment. She just took a little piece of evidence from earlier, which I don't think is sufficient if you are to accuse someone of mafia.

Again, people think Phantom is less suspicious than me, but I thought you said claiming Mortician as mafia would be less suspicious than Doctor?

I think one or two people from mafia have hardened their ideology onto the entire site's mafia players because nowhere else have I encountered looking down upon voting the person that's voting you. (And I'm not even doing it unconditionally in all games!) (Also yes I have played quite a lot of mafia from 3 different places on the Internet for quite a while, not to mention real life experience. So I'm not making up random crap just to disprove the notion that "voting people who vote you is bad".)

Hmm... I doubt that there's that many healers, but if there are two more, I'd highly suggest they roleclaim now so we know who's healing who.

Which is clearly why Butterfree is voting me in favour of Phantom, because a Mortician claim is better than a Doctor's.

She pointed out that Doctors are more important than Morticians. She didn't mention anything about my actual claiming of the role and how it would affect interpreting my alignment. She just took a little piece of evidence from earlier, which I don't think is sufficient if you are to accuse someone of mafia.

Again, people think Phantom is less suspicious than me, but I thought you said claiming Mortician as mafia would be less suspicious than Doctor?
I do think Phantom is more suspicious than you - especially since she still hasn't given her targets. I didn't ignore your mortician claim; I specifically noted in my previous post that your claim was high-risk while Phantom's was the least risky claim possible.

But we more or less know we have two doctors - Maimi, I discussed why in one of my posts on page three; it would be profoundly irrational for a vigilante to target Eifie at that stage in the game, when Eifie hadn't done anything overtly suspicious, given the vigilante dies if they kill an innocent - and that means if all non-Phantom doctors target Phantom, Phantom is going to get overdosed tonight anyway if you're telling the truth and she's mafia. And, like I said, mortician (ff, I keep confusing mortician and coroner) is not that useful a role, whereas having doctors is really important. We have a system we can use to get Phantom killed if her claim isn't true, so we don't need to lynch her and thus risk losing a real doctor, even though yeah, she's pretty massively suspicious.

Your proposed course of action was realistically not going to work, because getting five votes for somebody other than either of you in a game where only four people seem to be active is extremely unlikely. So rather than killing a potential doctor, I think getting a bandwagon going to sacrifice a probably-mortician who has nonetheless been somewhat suspicious and letting the sensible system you suggested for getting rid of Phantom if she's lying do its work tonight.

Also editing in mafia >||| Is just generally suspicious, y'know?
Not really! You can verify that all I did in my edits was add those edit notes by clicking the "Last modified by" on the post, if you want. That's why editing is allowed in mafia now (it used to not be, when there weren't edit histories available).

EDIT: NO, doctors, DON'T roleclaim. That would ruin the get-Phantom-killed-if-she's-mafia plan.

(Also, it just occurred to me that Phantom is being so overtly suspicious that she might be alien... which is all the more reason to go with the overdosing plan. That fits suspiciously well with the fact nobody died last night and how today Phantom suddenly started to make accusations, roleclaim and then fail to give supporting details.)

EDIT 2: ...okay, what the hell. Why is the "Last modified by" not appearing?

EDIT 3: Huh. Apparently that first edit took less than five minutes to make.

Last edited:

Target list.

Impatient people.

N0 - Butterfree
N1 - Maimi
N2 - Eifie
N3 - Aaaand I forgot to send in my action.

Overdose plan

As long as we only have two docs, I'm okay with that. Three, no thank you.

As much as your theory works, if there aren't only two and there are three (mafia pain killer or whatever) then I am screwed no matter what.

The easiest way to prove I'm NOT alien is to have someone come up and say they targeted me sometime during the game. (During one of the nights with no kills.)

As long as we only have two docs, I'm okay with that. Three, no thank you.

As much as your theory works, if there aren't only two and there are three (mafia pain killer or whatever) then I am screwed no matter what.
I'm sorry, but I think you're sufficiently unlikely to be a doctor, especially now that I strongly suspect that you're an alien, that the slight risk that there really are four doctors in a 12-person game (or, I guess, if yiran is lying and there are three doctors who are all alive) isn't enough to abandon the plan.

The easiest way to prove I'm NOT alien is to have someone come up and say they targeted me sometime during the game. (During one of the nights with no kills.)
...what? You expect to be exonerated because the mafia isn't coming out to publicly declare they tried to kill you in the night? Who on earth would buy that?

If that's not what you mean, please explain.

But we more or less know we have two doctors - Maimi, I discussed why in one of my posts on page three; it would be profoundly irrational for a vigilante to target Eifie at that stage in the game, when Eifie hadn't done anything overtly suspicious, given the vigilante dies if they kill an innocent - and that means if all non-Phantom doctors target Phantom, Phantom is going to get overdosed tonight anyway if you're telling the truth and she's mafia. And, like I said, mortician (ff, I keep confusing mortician and coroner) is not that useful a role, whereas having doctors is really important. We have a system we can use to get Phantom killed if her claim isn't true, so we don't need to lynch her and thus risk losing a real doctor, even though yeah, she's pretty massively suspicious.

Your proposed course of action was realistically not going to work, because getting five votes for somebody other than either of you in a game where only four people seem to be active is extremely unlikely. So rather than killing a potential doctor, I think getting a bandwagon going to sacrifice a probably-mortician who has nonetheless been somewhat suspicious and letting the sensible system you suggested for getting rid of Phantom if she's lying do its work tonight.

Not really! You can verify that all I did in my edits was add those edit notes by clicking the "Last modified by" on the post, if you want. That's why editing is allowed in mafia now (it used to not be, when there weren't edit histories available).

EDIT: NO, doctors, DON'T roleclaim. That would ruin the get-Phantom-killed-if-she's-mafia plan.

(Also, it just occurred to me that Phantom is being so overtly suspicious that she might be alien... which is all the more reason to go with the overdosing plan. That fits suspiciously well with the fact nobody died last night and how today Phantom suddenly started to make accusations, roleclaim and then fail to give supporting details.)

EDIT 2: ...okay, what the hell. Why is the "Last modified by" not appearing?

EDIT 3: Huh. Apparently that first edit took less than five minutes to make.
Ah, well, I must've missed that. Sorry. I'm still not confident to say this plan is going to work, but in any case, I suppose I'll have to go with yiran as well.

I've... never been able to compare edits, ever, although it's possible I just never noticed the feature. Are you sure that worked before?

Target list.

Impatient people.

Justifiably so!

Aaand Butterfree ninja'd me while I was going to quote, so I might as well not bother repeating what she said (alien explains at least one of the no deaths!).

...what? You expect to be exonerated because the mafia isn't coming out to publicly declare they tried to kill you in the night? Who on earth would buy that?

If that's not what you mean, please explain.

No. I'm asking if anyone knows info about me and are holding it back.

But a lot of the time the first person to scream 'ALIEN' is mafia.

Besides if I was alien WHY would I WASTE my ONE VOTE on someone OTHER THAN ME? I would take all the votes I could, which isn't happening because I felt suspicious about yiran. Me and my damn hunches.

Back
Top Bottom