• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Magical Sextuple Rotation Battle

How silly of me!

Okay Porkpie, this is all looking very good for us--you're even protected by the damage cap! That being said, the chances of you staying that way are slim. It's wishful thinking to expect your weaker opponents to finish each other off while they still have you to contend with. Glauert is underwater, which is fine--it's Bendi I'm really concerned about. First action we're going to Protect. After that, let's fire off another Flame Charge. According to my calculations, you should have the speed advantage now, but we want to solidify that as best we can; after that, though, use Head Smash on Bendi. If you can't hit the Murkrow, barring a Sub, but for some reason the Skrelp is on land, use Magnitude. If there aren't any opponents or Subs you can hit, use Double Team.

Protect~Flame Charge@Bendi/Magnitude/Double Team~Head Smash@Bendi/Magnitude/Double Team

Also, if you can, keep it in mind to edge away from the water. We'll want to draw Glauert back into range.

Last edited:
Hm. Well we're in a bit of pickle here. No direct healing, and you don't have any other way to heal yourself besides Rest. I guess we're going to cheap out and use the strategy Ken Watanabe recommended to me.

Sooo first see if you can muddle with any plans for double teams by getting some rain going. Then just relax the way Sebastian told us to. If you can't use Rain Dance because you're underwater (which would be weird), just chill that turn too. If someone strays into your lake, hit them with the resurface then dart back to the bottom

Rain Dance/Chill/Dive (attack) ~ Chill/Dive (attack)/Dive (Down) ~ Chill/Dive (attack)/Dive (Down)

Last edited:
Okay, I want you do Fly in the air stay there and basically do what Glauert is doing use Sky Attack. We're not in too much danger on the first turn so I think we could charge up a powerful attack. Then attack Porkpie with all the glowingness you've stored.

If you miss, use Protect after that. If you hit, Psych Up to get your speed back!

Sky Attack ~ Sky Attack @Porkpie ~ Protect / Psych Up @ Porkpie

Round 9

Wargle
skrelp.png
lucky-egg
Glauert - Skrelp (♂)
Health: 15%
Energy: 40%
Type: Poison / Water
Ability: Adaptability
Condition: Glad to be away from the action for now.
Commands: Rain Dance / Chill / Dive (attack) ~ Chill / Dive (attack) / Dive (Down) ~ Chill / Dive (attack) / Dive (Down)

Murkrow
murkrow
Bendigeidfran - Murkrow (♂)
Health: 22%
Energy: 48%
Type: Dark / Flying
Ability: Super Luck
Condition: Getting desperate.
Commands: Sky Attack ~ Sky Attack @Porkpie ~ Protect / Psych Up @ Porkpie

The Omskivar
tepiglucky-egg
Porkpie - Tepig (♀)
Health: 64%
Energy: 51%
Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze
Condition: Pressing the advantage for all it’s worth.
Commands: Protect ~ Flame Charge @ Bendi / Magnitude / Double Team ~ Head Smash @ Bendi / Magnitude / Double Team​

Round nine began with Porkpie putting up another Protect shield – definitely not the first in this battle, and, as the pokémon in this battle continued to get more and more desperate, most certainly not the last. Although, Porkpie was by far the most healthy of the battlers at the moment, so it seemed somewhat ironic. Regardless, Bendigeidfran took advantage of the attack by beginning to charge up what was, without competition, his most powerful attack. And as he began to inherit a deep reddish-orange glow, a blue orb slowly rose out of the nearby lake with a splash, floating lazily towards the clouds. As it reached them, its glow steadily increased in intensity until there was a flash, and a crack of thunder, and lots and lots of rain.

Though Porkpie flinched a little bit as she let down her Protect, being a Fire-type and all, she didn’t let the rain extinguish her next attack, a flaming charge towards Bendigeidfran. The rain did interfere with the flames, and the resulting impact wasn’t quite as harsh as it could have been, but as she bounced off of Bendigeidfran, Porkpie felt even more confident in her agility. That was, until Bendigeidfran’s glow suddenly increased to an intensity well above what anyone was expecting, completely enveloping the pokémon and then shooting forward in a transient image of its maker. The Sky Attack impacted Porkpie quite harshly, as expected, throwing the piglet pokémon backwards to roll pitifully along the ground.

Fearing an immediate conterattack, however, Bendigeidfran decided to use Protect, and as Porkpie pushed herself up from the ground and saw her opponent, she knew she could capitalize on that. Glauert still wasn’t back from the lake, so he probably wasn’t a threat – here’s what she could do, she could take this battle by storm. Six pokémon? Try nine! With this thought, Porkpie broke into a fast run, in a wide circle around Bendigeidfran. The Murkrow watched warily as he sustained his green shield, getting anxious about this situation, and by the time he let the shield down, he was staring at seven confident, glaring Porkpies, ready to do whatever it would take to win this battle.

Nothing was heard from the lake.

End of Round 9

Wargle
skrelp.png
lucky-egg
Glauert - Skrelp (♂)
Health: 9%
Energy: 55%
Condition: Just chillin’. Getting a little worried.
Actions: Rain Dance ~ Chill ~ Chill

Murkrow
murkrow
Health: 17%
Energy: 36%
Condition: Nearly terrified.
Actions: Sky Attack ~ Protect

The Omskivar
tepiglucky-egg
Porkpie - Tepig (♀)
Health: 58%
Energy: 44%
Condition: Confident.
Status: Speed +2. Has 6 clones. Badly poisoned. (6%). Hidden Power Dark.
Actions: Protect ~ Flame Charge @ Bendigeidfran ~ Double Team (6 clones)

Referee Notes
~Bendigeidfran’s Sky Attack missed.
~If Porkpie had used Head Smash, that would have missed too.
~The number of clones for Porkpie to make wasn’t specified, so I set it to Porkpie’s maximum, which happens to be about 6.
~As per my reffing scale, the rain did nothing to destroy any of Porkpie’s clones.
~Due to being under soothing water, Glauert’s burn damage was reduced a little bit. It also just occurred to me that I forgot to calculate for it last round. I’m not going to go back on that – if I did factor it in now, Glauert would be down – just to make this a little bit more fun. If all of you agree for me to reverse that decision, then I will, although still not sure who the KO exp would go to.
~Wargle commands first next round, followed by Murkrow and The Omskivar.

Hmm ok, let's take out those clones. Dive up and hit murkrow if possible, but if not just surface, Then spam surf until you're knocked out. Also try to delay that resurface so they don't knock you out prematurely

Dive @ Bendigeidfran/Surface ~ Surf ~ Surf

I want you do Fly up high to avoid that dive, and once you get a good view of the field from up there, Fly back down and attack Porkpie. Fly's a wee bit more accurate than Sky Attack... If Porkpie Protects, aim at Glauert instead.
Just do a Psych-Up afterwords, let's skip the Protect this time. If Porkpie Protects then use Double Team.

Fly (Up) ~ Fly @ Porkpie/Glauert ~ Psych-Up @ Porkpie / Double Team

We won't even need to tank that Dive, since Glauert is just going to surface, so for now, just use Curse and then hit him with a Body Slam. Third action, slam Bendi with a Head Smash before he gets his speed back.

Curse~Body Slam@Glauert~Head Smash@Bendi

Round 10

Wargle
skrelp.png
lucky-egg
Glauert - Skrelp (♂)
Health: 9%
Energy: 55%
Condition: Just chillin’. Getting a little worried.
Commands: Dive @ Bendigeidfran/Surface ~ Surf ~ Surf

Murkrow
murkrow
Health: 17%
Energy: 36%
Condition: Nearly terrified.
Commands: Fly (Up) ~ Fly @ Porkpie/Glauert ~ Psych-Up @ Porkpie / Double Team

The Omskivar
tepiglucky-egg
Porkpie - Tepig (♀)
Health: 58%
Energy: 44%
Condition: Confident.
Status: Speed +2. Has 6 clones. Badly poisoned. (6%). Hidden Power Dark.
Commands: Curse~Body Slam@Glauert~Head Smash@Bendi​

The air was tense, and the crowd of young magicians was quite large now, as the battle moved into its tenth round. Immediately, Bendigeidfran flew straight upwards, wanting to get away from this battle as soon as possible – his only real aim right now was survival. Meanwhile, Glauert pushed himself towards the surface of the lake, swimming right past all the strange creatures of the underwater that had, for some reason, chosen to avoid him. When he resurfaced he saw no sign of Bendigeidfran, and so he began to float towards the land again.

Porkpie took this time to sincerely impress all the onlookers by closing her eyes and beginning to chant a curse. The young wizards glanced warily at each other – didn’t you usually have to have a wand to do that? But they were all stupefied when the ground around Porkpie began to glow with deep purple runes, sharing their power with the piglet pokémon. When Porkpie opened her eyes and surveyed the arena in front of her, she was more confident than ever, stronger than before, and ready to win this battle.

Immediately, she took off running towards Glauert, and the kelp pokémon could do nothing to get out of the way of the attack. Porkpie threw her body towards the poison-type, and he flew backwards to land on the edge of the lake. He didn’t get up – one hit was all he’d had left. Before Porkpie had time to feel good about her victory, though, Bendigeidfran came swooping down, and slammed into Porkpie. But the Tepig’s curse lessened the impact greatly, and as soon as she recovered from the Fly attack, she began to move towards Bendigeidfran in retaliation, lowering her head. Frantically, the Murkrow did everything he could to flutter out of the way, but it was too late – the impact from Porkpie’s Head Smash sent the bird pokémon all the way back into his trainer’s arms.

And so the magical barrier was dispelled, and Porkpie was declared the victor of the battle. And before any of the less agreeable faculty decided to come and investigate what was going on here, the referee released his trusty Xatu and prepared everyone to teleport away. And so the Magical Sextuple Rotation Battle ended.

End of Round 10

Wargle
skrelp.png
lucky-egg
Glauert - Skrelp (♂)
Health: 0%
Energy: 53%
Condition: Unconscious
Actions: Resurface

Murkrow
murkrow
Health: 0%
Energy: 31%
Condition: Unconscious.
Actions: Fly

The Omskivar
tepiglucky-egg
Porkpie - Tepig (♀)
Health: 49%
Energy: 32%
Condition: Victorious!Self-confidence soaring.
Status: Speed +1. Attack +1. Defense +1. Has 6 clones. Badly poisoned. (6%). Hidden Power Dark.
Actions: Curse ~ Body Slam @ Glauert ~ Head Smash @ Bendigeidfran

Referee Notes
~Good game, everyone! I’m a bit sorry that my reffing style and lack of real knowledge of Harry Potter didn’t quite match up that well with the arena, but I had a bunch of fun reffing this. Sorry, also, for the whole scale incidents earlier in the battle – that was not handled as well as it should have been on my part, but I learned a lot from it. At any rate, this battle’s finished, and Porkpie won with a very healthy lead, so congratulations, The Omskivar!
~In total, Porkpie got 2 KOs (Bendi and Glauert), Bendigeidfran had one (Delicious Venison). Tye fainted from exhaustion, but I’m going to award the KO there to Glauert, as he did the most damage to Tye and was the last one to hit him before he dropped. Ami dropped by DQ. I’m going to let the database handle rewards, and leave whatever mod checks off on this battle to remove Meursault’s monetary prize, as he dropped via DQ.

EDIT: In the database Tye isn't listed as a participant in this battle. I request that a mod go give him experience.

Back
Top Bottom