• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

March of Kazros - Legends of Nisdharil, Chapter I

((I'm on Monari, and so is Cryptica.))

Firesong immediately fell asleep, unaware of everything around her.

She dreamed of the night sky. The beautiful night sky...

And Phantom. He was wheeling uncontrollably in the air, and he crashed into Firesong, who had been trying to stop him.

Well, at least she had stopped him.

Both fell to the ground, and a few minutes later, Firesong woke up.

Phantom followed suit to Firesong.

His sleep was dreamless, and he wouldn't awaken until morning.

Well, not exactly dreamless.

He was inside some sort of gigantic structure built of sandstone. It had four rooms, each very large. They were arranged in a square shape. Sand-colored statues of humans stood in three of them, and in the final one there was a statue of him. It had a round head and horn-like tufts of feathers, along with round, unblinking eyes. Its chest was puffed up in leadership, and its huge, round wings were folded tightly against its body.

Phantom flew up to it and perched on its shoulder, toes curved around the large bump. He could feel grooves with his talons, perfect for him to use to grip the stone. He did so, and stared at the side of the statue's head.

Suddenly, it moved. It turned its head to look him straight in the eye. Just one of its pupils was almost as big as he was.

"Hello," it boomed. "Statues are irrelevant to the current topic... now. What shall I do for you... how about assassination?"

Suddenly, his claws felt like they were being wrenched out of the grooves. He was shoved forward, and almost turned upside down. His talons felt like they were going to be ripped out with a cackling laugh, and then--

--Phantom woke up, chest heaving with anxious breaths.

Kerserth watched quietly as the goblins sent out ships to Modari. She didn't feel like interrupting the mass slaughter, but the ugly faces of the Goblins made her flinch, and their ruthless and brutish tactics made her cringe. She began to reconsider -- Humans never really bothered her, the were fun to play with, they had very nice scenery...
They wouldn't shoot a lone phoenix down.
That would be very annoying, she thought, if I was shot at every month. Yes.

She looked up again to see that the sea had changed very suddenly, from pretty calm to rough and dangerous. Either a spirit or a very powerful mage, though she wasn't sure which. She decided that aiding the forces of Monari and Banari for now would be the best course of action.

She became enraged. The concept of anyone attacking or even attempting to attack her current home finally sunk in, and with a a wild caw, she pushed an extremely strong gust of wind in the general direction of the ships. She hoped to break a mast, not caring much for anyone caught in the gust.

Some of the Goblins began to shout and yet as a cast wave rose up behind their galleons. Some, foolishly, ran to hit below-decks, while others tumbled across to the other side of the ships. From there, they saw, standing a short distance from the beach, what appeared to be an Elf, staring with intense anger at their boats.

Instinctively, the Goblins began to attack, throwing their pikestaffs across the water, but they fell short. Then some took up their bows and began to shoot jagged arrows at the Elf.

Ξ​

Meanwhile, the Goblins still on land had set up various well-hidden camps, some in dark caves, others in secluded forest groves - one was even inside an old, abandoned mansion they had found. Even Goblins needed their sleep every now and then, and like this it would seem as if they had just disappeared from Banari.

In one of the camps, which was inside a mountain trench, there was only one Goblin still awake - Hak. No, he was not on guard - how preposterous for the Sinister to take up such a mundane duty as guard? No, he was merely planning tactics for the rest of their 'stay' on Banari. Truth be told, he hadn't thought much about how they would do it, merely what they'd be doing.

He looked up at the sky. From Banari, one had an almost perfect view of the night sky, strewn with sparkling stars of every colour and brightness - absolutely disgusting. He had always hated how those stupid little lights interrupted the otherwise perfect darkness of night. Far too many of them.

That was fun. Acacia giggled and decided to take her prank a step further. Her human form wavered and dissipated into a brown and green mist, then went invisible. She moved through the wall of the house, which was easy without a body. She chose a spot directly in front of the human (so he would have to notice it) and began. The vines from earlier snaked under the door and stopped directly in front of him in a tangled knot. For good measure, a flower with multicolored petals (That she was pretty sure didn't exist until just then) appeared on the tangled vines.
Lets see how long it takes you to realize it's not a child doing this, human or otherwise. Hehe!

Mark looked through a knothole in the barrel, and saw a person walk into the town. He checked around, and deemed that nobody else was in sight. Mark raised his head, and said to the person, "Please be quiet. Goblins are coming, and we're hoping they'll think this is a ghost town. You yourself might want to hide..."

Kojol saw a someone come from a nearby barrel, and caught the word 'Goblin"

Goblin... funny, it doesn't sound dangerous. How bad could they be?

Uninterested in what this being was saying, he amused himself by making one of the barrels come to life and walk around.

(Shortpost is short for reasons specified at end D:)

Moss landed on the northern shore of Banari. She roared, louder this time, and thumped her tail menacingly against the ground.

(I can't tell if the Goblins are at the northern shore or the eastern shore or what, so uh could I get help please?)

(I can't tell if the Goblins are at the northern shore or the eastern shore or what, so uh could I get help please?)

((They've spread out across Banari and made small, hidden camps. Some of them are currently trying to sail to Monari.))

In the time it took for Kelras to rematerialize, he had begun to go over how he would be spending the rest of the day, however little light was left in the sky. After the riot over taking that priest's book he probably shouldn't set foot in that village for a while; just another human establishment to add to his slowly growing blacklist. Many Elven and Pixie libraries had found a way to block out his teleportation by now, so that eliminated all of the interesting options right away. Dragon script gave his mortal form a headache whenever he tried to read it, Trolls didn't even have any real books to speak of, and the Phoenixes generally ignored all of his efforts to speak with them. That only left Goblins...

Conveniently, as the thought crossed his mind, he finally popped back into existence in his shelter only to see a troop of the green-skinned buggers scuttling around the room, tearing apart his belongings and the piles of books he had spent so long meticulously organizing and reorganizing; this was not going to go unpunished. With his arms crossed and foot tapping impatiently, he said in a very authoritative drawl, "So what exactly are we doing here?"

((Short post is short. I didn't know if I could control the Goblins (coughkillthemcough).))

((Also, for any who may be concerned, Jinzen is still in the same place where I left him last post; I couldn't think of anything to do with him.))

Of course, many of the archers would barely manage to shoot an arrow before the wave rose over their ships and smashed them, and throwing the devastated ships into the ones beside them, and smashing those in turn. This, of course, would hardly stop the arrows, and wounds were painful and ugly; making delicate gestures with his hands, he gathered the water and twirled on the spot.

Water would hardly make a good wall against the arrows, if used in an attempt to block them directly - although it could certainly make things difficult. But a force crashing into the arrows from the side would divert them nicely. Water leapt and swirled around him, a raging cyclone only empowered by the movement water itself, rather than the wind carrying it.

But the sudden, unexpected gust tore the protective stream of water from its path, throwing it into him with enough force to knock over even his more graceful elven form. But it, too, blasted the arrows, sending them spinning into the water.

Getting to his feet, Fassar looked around for the source - but saw nothing. Another spirit, perhaps (there was at least one spirit near, he knew, though he rarely paid attention to them), or an elven mage. He commanded the water away from his hair and clothing with a flick of his hands, and turned back to the boats.

The water, still churning, rose once more, this time on the opposite side of the galleons.

They were not going to escape.

"Abandon attempts to attack it," called a high-ranking Goblin, "Just sail away as fast as possible!"

They tried to move, they really did - but the constant onslaught of water kept pushing them off-course, smashing them into eachother brutally.

It was lucky that three of the Seven Sinister Sorcerers were on board.

They calmly approached the side of their boat in unison and looked the Elf by the beach right in the eye. They began to twirl and gesture on the spot, chanting ancient, powerful words into the night. They finished the spell by thrusting their palms towards the Elf and emphasising the final word, and a sudden burst of deep violet energy rushed towards the Elf. If the spell hit, the Elf would be completely paralysed where he stood.

---

Meanwhile, some of the other Goblins had ran into a problem. What appeared to be an Elf had just materialised into the room. It said something in the language of the Elves, Old Nisdhata - but the Goblins spoke only a modified version of the language, Grey Nisdhata. The languages had some traits in common, but otherwise the Goblins didn't have the faintest idea what the Elf had just said. They laughed amongst themselves and began to converse rapidly, mocking the Elf and doing crude impressions of Old Nisdhata.

Kelras had forgotten about the impediments of his Elven body, that he was limited to the tongues of this race, one which the Goblins had given up many centuries ago. Not that it was the most important factor in the current situation, but oh well.

So now the little imps were trying to make fun of him; probably not the wisest decision, considering he had just given them an opportunity to escape. It was a shame that he'd still have to clean this place up after everything was said and done.

A flash of light spread out from the Spirit, consuming the still-laughing Goblins in a sphere of blue energy. Although it only lasted a brief moment, the cave was gone when the field disappeared, replaced by the bleeding reds, oranges, and yellows of the sky, the hard rock surface of Banari far, far below. They remained there, suspended in the air, for a while, Kelras holding the assembly in place until they realized the severity of this change of events.

((Sorry. Braindead))

Mark blinked. Amazing! This person was making life itself. He must have been very well versed in magic... Or maybe one of those spirits he had read about in an Elven library...
"You. Are you a spirit?" said Mark, his voice quavering a bit.

Kojol turned to look at the being.

Spirit? What's a spirit?

He looked at himself. His hands.

Is that what... I'm known as? What I and others- if there are others- like me are called.

He dispelled his pwoer, and the barrel stopped moving.

Maybe this being knows something about me that I am unable to find out... perhaps I should stay here for a while...

Back
Top Bottom