• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Masque Carnivalia

Celest remained silent as the other three spoke, and she looked at her knuckles. Well, she guessed it would only make sense that they were now bloodstained from her attack. Quickly throwing her hand back down, she looked back at the entrance once she heard humming.

... Was that Tess?

"Hey..." she said, not looking back at Logan when she said it, "We've got food and water back where we're at. I'm sure we can find more fuel to burn, and... I mean, if anything is out there... I'm guessing we can defend ourselves... Right?" Her red eyes finally glanced over to him. They were soft, if not a bit fearful. She was still scared about how this was all going to turn out, but she managed to keep herself from shaking at the thought.

Connor asked why Logan should be afraid. He considered this for a minute, and said, "I...I don't know. This whole thing has just been so... horrifying, and I am afraid of it, I guess. I mean, I don't even know what I am anymore!" He sighed, "I just need a friend."

Celest understood Logan's words crystal clear. He was like her when it came to his opinion of this whole ordeal. Vaguely running her fingers over the holes in her palms, the Lucario morph nodded in understanding. "I know what you mean. I...I still can't comprehend what has happened to me. I'm scared of my power... And overall, myself. I feel... dangerous. And I don't like it."

Slowly stepping over a bar into the cage, Celest smiled very softly at Logan. "I know you don't want to hurt anyone. We're alike in a lot of ways." She offered her shaking hand to him. "And...And we've got to stay together if we're going to live through this... right?"

Logan heard some surprisingly soft footsteps as Celest climbed into the cage, and he tensed. However, when he thought she might have been going to pick him up, or grab him, she just held out her hand. The even more surprising thing about it was she was visibly shaking, like she was thoroughly afraid of him or something. Logan looked up at her hand, and past her, to where Connor was, and back to her hand. There was a faint song in the background, which Logan had just noticed. It was soothing, and almost... therapeutic? Logan thought it was strange, but regardless, he raised his scaly, three-fingered hand and placed it into Celest's.

"Thank you."

Celest's smiled faded as quick as it appeared. Not because of anyone here, but because she wasn't used to keeping a beaming face for too long. In her life, there was nothing to really smile about.

Hearing Tess' song made her hand stop shaking. It was soothing and overall very calming and beautiful. Inhaling a deep breath, she tried her best not to flinch when Logan accepted her hand, but that proved difficult enough.

Blinking her red eyes at him, Celest flickered her jackal-like ears as her blue tailed danced.

Grasping Logan's hand more tightly, she pulled up to bring him to his feet.

Soon after he took her hand, Celest began to pull. It wasn't very effective, because of his new weight, but he decided to humor her, and he jumped up when she pulled. Logan didn;t meet too many new people on a normal day, let alone a girl when he was a mutant. He wasn't exactly sure what to do at this point, so he hugged her, very lightly, in an attempt to get his thanks across without having to be vocal about it. It was strangely quick, though, because he didn't want it to be awkward, either. Not exactly wanting to go around his cage in the dark, Logan then proceeded to walk towards the opposing wall, and rip it from off the rest of the cage. He jumped down, and offered Celest his hand to help her down.

[lulz awkward nerd kid is awkward]

Celest blinked as he jumped up, almost in an unrealistic way. Was he trying to be nice by making her seem strong or something...?

But she became really confused and awkward when he hugged her. It was a brief, light hug... But Celest stood still as her breath got caught in her throat.

Celest hadn't had a hug in so long, despite the fact it was not even a second long.

Flinching at the sound of Logan ripping the metal bars, she whipped around to face him. His arm extended toward her, he had jumped down from the cage.

Glancing back from him, the bars, and for some reason Conner, she slowly placed her hand in his and exhaled.

Kiara stepped up to Logan. She held a confident face. In truth, she was nervous of what would happen next. Would somethingsneak up from behind? On instinct, Kiara glanced behind her, seeing nothing unusual. She looked at Logan again, her face being completely confident and fierce, except for a hint of fear and anxiety in her eyes. She hoped Logan wouldn't notice, as she was staring straight into his face.

"Come on. We're all friends now. We're a team." she said with more compassion. She gave a smile from her blotchy blue squirtle face. "Hey, check this out"

She retreated her entire body in her shell. Ok, she didn't want to do that, thinking it would be cramped, but it, surprisingly, was very comfy and roomy. How that was, she did not know. She spun inside the shell, causing the shell to spin on the ground. The air whooshing in her shell was so refreshing. However, the constant spinning was making her a bit.....nauseous. She felt like she would puke in her shell. Letting the water in her body overflow the upcoming puke, she felt less nauseous. Her shell went up in the air as her body came out, in whihc she landed on her feet on the ground.

"See? Being a Poke-morph is cool! Although it sucks puking water, you don't have suckish water abilities. You have amazing strength!"

"Friends, indeed!" Connor laughed, stepping over behind Logan and Celest. He clapped each of them on the shoulder. He laughed harder. "Logan, since you're the only other dude here, you and I are officially buddies! Alright?" He laughed again, and squeezed the two of them closer to him, rocking left and right awkwardly as he did so.

He very quickly released the two, however, and made his way back to the outside world. "Let's hurry up and get to the fire. I think Kiara's getting a bit... bored." He mused as he observed her random spinning. He almost reflexively took Celest by the wrist to bring her outside with him. He wasn't entirely sure why he felt the need to drag her with him wherever he went; he also really didn't care. If his hand wanted to be in contact with Celest all on its own, then that's what it would do.

Ally clapped her hands.
"So you're with us? Yay!"
She started air-jumping, which looked a bit funny.
[suckish post is suckish]

Jumping down by Logan, Celest slid her hand out of his and nodded her head once as her thank you.

She looked back at the group as Conner dragged her back outside the tent and back towards their camp. Having dealt with this before, she tried to keep up with his speed so her wrist wasn't occasionally screaming out in pain.

"I wonder if the fire is still there?" Celest mused aloud, having to pick up her pace to jogging.

[Short post be short]

Logan didn't think this was very fair. First, it would take him at least an hour to get to their destination, what with his large hulking mass and such. Also, what if he wanted to walk back with Celest? He wanted to talk with her...

He tried not to think about it too much though, because if he was going to make it to their camp in any fashionable manner, he would need to leave soon.

[hooray shortness]

Tess stopped singing when Logan agreed to join them. She trotted over to the assembly and poked her head through the gap between Ally and Connor.
"H-ooh, cool!" She exclaimed, "You're a A Rampardos!" I always wanted to meet one!" She stood up on her hind legs and gazed up at Logan curiously, taking him in."C'mon guys," she said, "Much as I hate fire, it's getting cold and late. We should get back." Seeing the worried expression on Logan's face, she added, "Don't worry, it's quite close. Once you move around a bit you'll get used to your new form!"

All floated out of the tent and followed the others.
She caught up with Tess and tapped her on the shoulder.
"Hey,I have an idea. Once we eat, how about we practice using moves?"
There was an air of excitement around the Mismagius morph as she said this.
Hopefully no one will be blown up.

Tess's eyes lit up at Ally's suggestion.
"Oh!" she exclaimed, "That would be awesome!"
"What moves to Bayleefs even have?" She wondered aloud. " I know I can do Aromatherapy, but what attacks?" She looked around and noticed the leaves on the surrounding trees. "Oh, that's right! I probably know Razor Leaf and Magical Leaf! And maybe...Maybe I can learn Solar Beam!"

"Oh my Arceus! I could make boiling water using Scald! We can now always have hot water! Sweet, I could also learn Hydro Pump and Hydrocannon! Oh, Rapid Spin! Yes!" she mused as she walked around, a hintful bored.

She stopped dead in her tracks, with a face so serious, it's like something bad had hit her. "How many people were dragged to this prisonly Carnival?" she said coldly, without a hint of emotion, "What if there's more?"

She turne and looked at the ground, thinking of this serious event.

[Dammit you guys we need to post]

Celest heard the conversation going on behind her and stopped, easily slipping her hand out of Conner's. "It would be cool if we could learns moves," she agreed, flicking her tail. "But I don't know what I could learn..."

She looked up at the others in a questioning way as her crimson eyes blinked for answers. "Maybe...Aura Sphere? Close Combat? Force Palm? I honesty don't know what Lucarios can learn. I never really went in depth with that specific Pokemon."

Celest mused the thought of more Carnies for a brief moment. "It seems as there were seven of us," she recalled, "...But there's only six here. That must mean there's one person we have yet to discover."

Even though Logan was running, he was still a ways off from where Celest was. She stopped, though, so he managed to catch up in short order. She was musing about Lucarios, the moves they could learn, and how she had no idea what they were. After catching his breath, Logan asked, "What kind of pokemon are you familiar with? I knew about all sorts of pokemon, really, basically anything from Caterpie to Cryogonal and I know almost anything about it. Some people thought it was weird, but I always thought it was rather convenient because I couldn't be surprised. Like, Rampardos are known for Head Smash and other headbutting moves, like Zen Headbutt and Headbutt. Blaziken are particularly popular for Sky Uppercut and Blaze Kick, but not many people know it can learn Focus Blast as well," He thoguht about going on, but he really did want to get to know Celest more, and he didn't think boring her to death with endless fonts of poketrivia was going to help him. For now.

Celest was a bit surprised at Logan's knowledge in Pokemon, but she blinked at being so stereotypical. She had just met him, after all. It wasn't like she had spent her whole life with him, so obviously she didn't know much about him. Pushing the thought of why she jumped to such conclusions on people, she twisted a navy blue strand of hair between her fingers, looking at the dark, night sky.

"...When I was young," she started, "I had a Skitty named Spongy. Don't even ask me why that was his name; I think I just got done with the dishes or something... Anyways, I remember him learning Attract, Assist, Double-Edge, Covet, Captivate, Sing and Faint Attack before he..."

Celest looked away painfully, balling up the black fabric from her yoga pants in her fists. Spongy was a very touchy subject that she refrained from talking about out of fear that it would bring along the same, sorrowful pain as it always did.

Kiara started to talk, so that way Celest wouldn't cry. "I know a thing or two about Pokemon moves as well. A Squirtle can learn moves such as Rapid Spin, Withdraw, Water gun, Hydro Pump, and many more."

Kiara jumped in her shell and spun in the air, making a rapid spin. She then used a water gun, so a spin of water came out from the shell. After than was one, she fell back to the ground on her two feet. "And a Rapid Water Spin, I might add" she added to her list of moves.

Back
Top Bottom