• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Masque Carnivalia

Oh no. He'd gone and made her upset. this wasn't good for him... He had to distract her.

"It's alright if you don't want to talk about it! I'm so sorry if I made you uncomfortable... Uhhh... So, uh..." he was literally out of things to talk about at this point, and he was blinking about a thousand times a second.

"Would you like a ride? I'm certain my legs could carry everyone here at once, let alone just one of you guys..."

[Ugh I was not expecting that. Thanks, Ulqi.]

[Don't thank me; thank Spongy! :3]

Celest looked up at him, a bit confused. "A...A ride?" she repeated, her voice high with uncertainty. If it was anything like Conner's "trip to the magical green tent", she was going to puke.

"...Umm...No, thank you," she said softly, putting her hands up. "Truth be told, I don't believe I can handle much more twists and turns today. Not after all this." She rose her hand to her ear, feeling the soft, short fur on it to prove her point.

Connor stopped when Celest pulled herself free. Sticking his thumbs in his pockets, he observed most of the conversation in silence. Eventually, he chimed in. "Well, Logan's the regular wiz-kid, huh? Awesome, I could use one of those." Celest mentioned the way things had been going lately, using her ears as an example.

"Well, at least you got your tail long enough for it to be out. My tail feathers have been rubbing on me so much, I can't even feel my upper thighs." He scratched his left leg with his right foot as he pondered different Blaziken moves. Obviously, he had steroid-legs, which was a big part of it. But would he ever get to the point of blasting thirty foot columns of fire out his nostrils? Unpleasant as that sounded, he was curious if it could be done.

Celest blinked at Conner as he drew near, saying that his tail feathers were really annoying him. "Maybe you could make a hole for them," she suggested, shrugging. The Fighting Carnie gazed back into the sky and sighed. "We really should head back, guys. It's late now and we haven't even eaten yet. If we hurry, maybe Conner's fire will still be ablaze. That's all depending if we get there in time, though..."

She was hoping her voice and choice of words were enough to convince them to go with her back to the camp. "And I'm guessing as soon as we get there, we'll need to hurry and pick some berries for the soup, or whatever that was Kiara suggested, right?"

Kiara scoffed. "We don't need fire for the berry soup! I can use Scald, which is boiling water.....but my throat will be so muking dry for the next week..."

Ally glided past them towards the camp silently.
I need to practice my moves!
When she got to the tent, it seemed like the fire was still going, but weakly.
Ah. Phew.

Tess observed the Carnie's conversation in silence, pondering her own movepool. Did the Carnies have levels like regular Pokemon? she wondered.
She was about to voice her question when Logan offered to give the Carnies a ride. She blinked slowly. Um, awkward!

Tess followed the Carnies back to the big tent, her large green feet growing heavier every second. She yawned widely, trailing behind the others until it was dark and she couldn't see any of them anymore...

Connor frowned at Kiara. "Are you dissing my fire? Don't diss the fire! That's just stupid. I'd rather a fire keep me warm than boiling water. So, thank you Kiara, but I think my fire is wonderful." He gave a half-sarcastic nod to the Water Carnie.

To Celest, Connor said, "You're probably right. It's not much farther; I think I can actually see a bit of the glow from here. Looks like Ally already went ahead, and I don't see Tess, so she's probably up there also, maybe just poking around for some makeshift blankets." He motioned for everyone to get moving again, and jogged down to his dying fire.

He frantically took some wood from their little pile, and stacked it on, puffing little flames onto them in hopes of getting it bigger. When it reached a comfortable size, he grinned to himself. "Ha! I'd like to see the Boy Scouts top that!"

"Hey, wait up!" Celest called as she ran after him, her blue hair bouncing behind her. Not noticing her shoe was untied, her shoelace got caught on a thorny vine and the Lucario morph fell flat on her face. Wincing at the pain, Celest untangled her shoelace from the vine, quickly tied it back into a bow and jumped to her feet.

Finally, she reached Conner, panting. "Can't...Can't you wait for...me next time?" she asked, out of breath. Seeing that he was trying to build up the fire again, she wearily grabbed a couple of sheets of wood and placed them on the fire. As the flames grew, she exhaled deeply. "I... guess we saved it."

Tess shivered, jolting awake. The other Carnies where nowhere in sight. What happened? Where am I? she wondered frantically. The forest was pitch-black and she had no sense of direction. I must have drifted from the group... Tess stood, shivering again, and looked around in desperation. She knew she should wait until the sun came up, but she was cold and uncomfortable. She trotted forward aimlessly, swinging her head in front of her. That way, she reasoned, my leaf will brush anything I'm about to run into.

Connor blinked at Celest. He hadn't thought she 'enjoyed' his company that much. He figured she was getting sick of him anyhow, since she pulled herself free earlier. But apparently she did; enough to not care that she tripped on the way over. I wonder if she's really out of breath after that run... I was thinking about challenging her to a race, but it would have to be a short distance if she's tired from that.

Well, at least when she fell, she had enough spunk to jump to her feet. "Looked like a hard fall." He observed. "You alright?" A simple question, with no doubt a simple answer. But there were few topics Connor had tucked away for discussion that he thought Celest would care about. Wait, since when do I care if the other person is interested in my conversation? Since Celest, I guess.

The bitter chill of night was truly setting in for him now, and he moved just an bit closer to the fire. He wondered if the others were already freezing or not. Being a fire type, the cold was either extra harsh on him, or he barely felt it at all. He'd have prefferred the latter, but when he thought about it, the former was more likely.

"No, I'm fine, honestly," Celest assured him, holding her hands up. Looking over at the comfy fire, she sat on the ground near it and sighed. It was getting colder now. Though it didn't completely made it go away, the fire provided enough heat to make her satisfied.

She looked back up at Conner. "Care for a seat?" she asked kindheartedly, gesturing to the ground beside her. For the first time in a very long time. ...No. The smile she used to get Logan to join their little posse didn't count since it wasn't a pure smile emitting from her real feelings.

As another crisp wind sliced the air, Celest shivered, pulling her knees to her chest.

Was that...? No, but it couldn't be, could it? Connor had seen Celest smile? He wasn't entirely sure if he needed glasses or not, but it was close enough. He had done it! He'd made the girl smile! A laugh was all he needed out of her now, just a little giggle, or anything, really, that constituted as a laugh of sorts.

More than just a little giddy, he grinned a big, stupid smile, hopping over the left edge of the fire, to Celest. The manner in which he seated himself was closer to a fall than a typical seating of oneself. He even bounced a little when he hit the ground, rolled back until his head lightly tapped the ground, then rolled back up to a cross-legged position, still beaming at the Lucario-Girl.

He saw her shiver, and pull her legs closer to herself. At least he wasn't the only cold one. Although... The wheels in his head began turning, and he knew this stunt would leave him dying for heat, but it was something he figured he might as well do 'as a gentleman.' He pulled his arms into the sleeves of his sweater, and pulled it off. Down to his tee-shirt, his arms now felt the sting of night's chill, and he felt the hairs raising already. It's going to be a helluva night. He placed his hoodie on Celest's back, and somewhat playfully pulled the hood over the top of her head, a little chuckle escaping him.

Blinking at Conner's odd manner of sitting down, Celest ran her pale fingers through her hair. Once he finally got situated, she turned back to the fire.

Celest tensed when she felt an unknown object being placed on her back, and she quickly turned her head to face it. Relaxing when realizing it was a mere jacket, the Lucario-morph exhaled in relief. She rose her crimson eyes to Conner. "Thank... you." She wrapped the sleeves of the hoodie around herself and pulled the hood down more. "But won't you freeze to death?" she asked, her voice a bit high in pitch to show concern.

She scooted over closer to him and wrapped one of the sleeves on Conner.

[Derp awkward derp]

Kiara looked at the lovey dovey thng happening with Connor and Celest. Ahh, love. Kiara smiled at the two with mirth. She ws enjoying everyone's company. But not everyone was here. Those men took seven people, but there were only six here; Celest, Connor, Logan, Tess, Ally, and herself. Who was the third person? To Kiara, this felt like knowing you had a twin but never met them. Kiara stood up, her shadow flickering and mimicing the fire's swaying actions.

"I'm gonna go see where the last person is." she said as she started to walk away.

(I'm not with you guys, I'm lost in the woods)

Tess ran. She sprinted in short bursts, not caring where she was going. In her panic, she had run into several thorn bushes and now ran with a limp The others had to be around here somewhere! Finally she stumbled and collapsed, the pad of her feet bleeding freely.

(Short post is short)

Connor laughed at Celest's question. "Freeze? I breathe fire. If I can't make it one lousy night without my hoodie, I have no right to call myself a fire carnie." She placed a sleeve over him, and he felt his face twist into a grin involuntarily. A little sleeve couldn't do anything to heat him, but he figured that Celest's intention was enough to satisfy him. He leaned over just a bit, and almost jumped when his shoulder unexpectedly bumped into hers. He hadn't realized she had moved closer to him. He leaned over again, sinking just a bit, his shoulder resting on hers as he gazed into the flames.

"So, whadda' you plan on doing once we're out?" He leaned his shoulder on hers. "I think I'll go and get me one of those pretzels in that little cafe on 19th, you know? With the cheese and the butter and stuff?... I'll show up in school, and everyone will be pissed because I'd be back to bugger them again..." He laughed a little, looking at his feet. Now that he thought about it, he didn't have any friends outside the carnival... He had a few people he'd screw around with, who he made bad jokes to, but none of them were very fond of each other.

His head popped up at Kiara, announcing she'd be going to find a seventh carnie. "It's pretty dark out, don't you think? I mean, you should at least take Ally or Tess with you... Hey where is Tess? Thought she'd be digging through some junk up here, in the tents, but there hasn't been a sign..."

Celest looked back into the fire as Conner assured her he wouldn't freeze, seeing that he was the Fire Carnie, after all. "Well... You never know..."

Celest flinched when he began to lean onto her shoulder, and fidgeted. She didn't like how the weight of his shoulder was restricting movement in her shoulder, and slowly pulled away from him as she straightened herself up, rubbing her poor shoulder for a split second. "I...I don't know," she admitted, looking at him, "I really don't have much to go back to..." Not wanting to fill him in, she dropped it at that.

She looked back at Kiara when she announced she would set off for the other Carnie. "B-But isn't it dangerous out there?" she squeaked timidly, "I mean... Just look at this place... It's not very safe..."

Kiara froze stiff. Tess was gone, so she might be in trouble. All the more reasons to go. Still, Celest was right that someone had to go with her.

"I'll bring Ally and Logan. At least now you two can make out in peace." Kiara mocked. She motioned for Ally and Logan to come on.

"What do you mean, 'not much-' Ah!" Celest moved her shoulder, and Connor fell over to the side, falling over Celest, his head hitting the ground with a dull thud. He quickly sat back up, rubbing his head and chuckling a little to himself. "My bad, I guess! Sorry, Cel." He laughed again.

Kiara told them her newly refined plan, and added, "At least now you two can make out in peace." Connor felt his ears-no, his whole face was burning. His heart was stuck in his throat, and he began fidgeting with his shoelace.

"Uh... Well..." He rolled through a variety of subject changers quickly. "Alright, so... What school did you go to?" He certainly hoped it wasn't the same school as him, or he'd feel ashamed for not noticing her before.

Back
Top Bottom