• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mawile vs. RespectTheBlade

1vs1 single
Style: set
DQ: 11 days
Damage cap: 40%
Banned moves: Weather-changing moves, direct heal moves, OHKO moves.
Arena: a MS Paint document

Somehow, the contestants have found their way on a field of white located inside a computer. Being MS Paint, there is a large chance that a random person with a mouse will cause pixels of color to appear.
Each round a pixel will appear and fly towards a random battler. These pixels are of varying color. Each of the following has an 11% chance to appear:

Red- does 5% fire type damage
Yellow- does 5% electric type damage
Purple- does 5% psychic type damage
Blue- does 5% water type damage
Green- does 5% grass type damage
Black- does 5% dark type damage
Royal Blue- does 5% dragon type damage
Yellow-Green- Does 5% bug type damage
Grey- does 5% normal type damage
Also, there is a 1% chance that a circle will appear, causing a random status effect.

Super effective types do 2% more damage, and not very effective do 2% less.

Other: Only pokemon whose national pokedex number is 280 may participate

Round 5 Begin!

Team Mawile
ralts
Leo ♂ @ Lucky Egg
Ability: Trace (Synchronize)
Health: 14%
Energy: 23%
Status: Extremely tired. Burned (Severe—3% damage per round, 2% extra energy on attacks requiring movement), Poisoned (Severe—3% damage per round). Special Attack +1. Special Defense +1.

Team RespectTheBlade
ralts
King’s English ♂ @Dawn Stone
Ability: Synchronize
Health: 17%
Energy: 42%
Status: “Zzz *shudder* Zzz.” Burned (Severe—3% damage per round, 2% extra energy on attacks requiring movement), Poisoned (Severe—3% damage per round), Asleep (Moderate). Special Attack +2. Special Defense +2.​

The ref blows the whistle once again, and King’s English instantly begins mumbling in his sleep. Leo suddenly feels like something is missing…his ability, perhaps?, only to have it replaced a second later. Shrugging the Skill Swap off, Leo continues to put his mind to work, reaching into King’s mind yet again. This time, however, he finds the Ralts’s memory of the move Sleep Talk, and pulls it out. Ha! That’ll show him!

Without the ability to attack, King’s English just sits on the ground, snoring away softly. Leo snickers to himself, and charges a shadowy mass of energy. When it is fully charged, he hurls the Shadow Ball at his opponent, who is blown back by the attack. His eyelids flutter, but he still does not budge.

King continues to snore away, and though he looks like he’s trying to fight his sleep, he is unable to do anything. Leo sighs. If he uses Shadow Ball one more time, he might not have the strength to continue. Regardless, his orders are to attack, and he does so. He hurls another Shadow Ball at his opponent, knocking King’s English back to his feet and waking the poor Ralts up. He glances around. But then, feeling sick to his stomach, King’s English slowly falls to the ground. Leo slowly and tiredly raises his little hand in victory.

Round 5 End!

Team Mawile
ralts
Leo ♂ @ Lucky Egg
Ability: Synchronize
Health: 8%
Energy: 2%
Status: Pretty much unable to stand up, but victorious nonetheless.

Team RespectTheBlade
ralts
King’s English ♂
Ability: Trace (Synchronize)
Health: 0%
Energy: 34%

Arena Notes
•Nothing out of the ordinary.

Damage and Energy calculations
•Sleep Talk/Skill Swap–8% energy
•Disable–5% energy [6 actions]
•Shadow Ball–8% damage, 8% energy
•Shadow Ball–8% energy, 8% energy

Notes
•The Sleep Talk rolled Skill Swap.
•King’s English was asleep for actions two and three.
•The poison did it. Or the burn. Your choice.
•Victory goes to Mawile!
•…Oh, and Blade, let’s just pretend that was there the entire time, shall we? I’ll edit the previous reffings.

Good game, you two. Now, if my calculations are correct…
•King’s English earns 1 EXP,
•…and because of Lucky Egg, Leo earns double what he would have, which totals 3 EXP.
•Mawile gets $8, I get $5, and Blade gets $3. I think.

Last edited:
well, a dawn stone adds 2% extra damage to every attack after all other modifiers have been calculated while health is above 66%. I don't think it's enough to change the outcome of the battle, but still, it's a bit of a big difference.

Nice battle, King. one more till you can evolve...

Also did not know that.

EDIT: I think it's fixed, and that it didn't really effect the results.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom