• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Metallica Fanboy and Eifie vs. Lilycolo and TruetoCheese

$w4gm0n3y actually happens once per action, so everyone should be down another 8% health, right? (Except Lips, who apparently didn't get any money at all. How unfair.)

Also, shouldn't team Eifie Fanboy be commanding next thanks to Trick Room?

edit: Also, Rex appears not to have taken damage from Acrobatics.

Last edited:
The crit on Flamethrower appears to have not done any bonus damage :o

Also, I could've sworn Worry Seed would be projectile based, since the move classification on the nets says it doesn't make contact. The in-game description of the move is a lot like Leech Seed (who knew), which appears to be some sort of projectile in all of its portrayals, even with the mention of "planting". I'm not sure how relevant in-game animations are, but if I remember correctly the DPP animation for Worry Seed was thrown or shot as well?

$w4gm0n3y actually happens once per action, so everyone should be down another 8% health, right? (Except Lips, who apparently didn't get any money at all. How unfair.)

Also, shouldn't team Eifie Fanboy be commanding next thanks to Trick Room?

edit: Also, Rex appears not to have taken damage from Acrobatics.

Arena description said:
One after the other, once per action, in random order

I interpreted this as that every action of the song, one battler is hit, but if MF says that's what's supposed to happen, I'll fix it. If not, the song goes for 4 actions, so Lips will be hit after the first action next round. I've fixed the last two.

Fixed the last two. I could've sworn the consensus re: Trick Room was to nix the command order reversal effect...

The crit on Flamethrower appears to have not done any bonus damage :o

Also, I could've sworn Worry Seed would be projectile based, since the move classification on the nets says it doesn't make contact. The in-game description of the move is a lot like Leech Seed (who knew), which appears to be some sort of projectile in all of its portrayals, even with the mention of "planting". I'm not sure how relevant in-game animations are, but if I remember correctly the DPP animation for Worry Seed was thrown or shot as well?

Fixed the first one. I'll go ask in the question box about the second one.

Last edited:
I actually managed to forget what my own arena effects are supposed to work like while commanding, but yes, only one Pokémon is struck by the coinage at a time. And mine's next. Woohoo.

Okay, as stated here, Worry Seed is a projectile attack, and since Plum Seed was not commanded to plant it physically, Cuttler would have burned it up. This impacted:
-Damage Plum Seed took from Cuttler's Flamethrowers, because they were directed more at the worry seed than at her. She gains 4% health.
-Damage My Lips Don't Lie took from Rex's Round. She loses 1% health (if this sounds low, it's because of Forewarn)
-Energy cost of Rex's Round. He loses 2% energy.
-Rex's health and Plum Seed's energy, due to her using Worry Seed rather than Acrobatics. Rex gains 10% health, Plum Seed gains 4% energy.
-Rex's ability.
-Energy cost of Cuttler's Flamethrowers, because they were more specifically targeted. He loses 2% energy.
-the narrative. It's not pressing, so I'll try to rewrite this when I've reffed the other battles that need my attention, which should be within the next week or so.

Let me know if you spot anything more.

Apologies for the long wait! It's been tough to find time where both Eifie and I are free.

Anyways. First off, we should Fake Out that squid. Keep an eye on the kitty cat, though; if he moves ahead of you and Fakes Out your partner, we will instead Ice Punch that squid right in the face. Next, we'll neutralize the cat with another Fake Out -- if you didn't shut the squid down in the previous action, though, do it now. Lastly, we fire a Signal Beam at the squid. Make 'em suffer. And if "'em" turns out to be a bunch of clones, try sweeping the Signal Beam around; if you know you can't do that, though, see if you can line yourself up with the clones in a straight line and fire the beam through all of them, or as many of them as possible.

If Rock And Roll Creation starts playing in the second action, and the fighters become trapped in pods: get to work on a Nasty Plot. After that, see if both yourself and one of your opponents is out of the pod by your move. If so and the foe is Cuttler, you can go back to dropping the Signal Beam, under the same instructions in case of clones. If so and the foe is Rex, wreck him with Frost Breath, and you can definitely sweep that against clones. If not all of you and an opponent are out and moving about by the third action, however, you can instead set up a Magic Room.

Fake Out @ Cuttler/Ice Punch @ Cuttler ~ Fake Out @ Rex/Fake Out @ Cuttler/Nasty Plot ~ Signal Beam @ Cuttler/Frost Breath @ Rex/Magic Room

Last edited by a moderator:
H-hey, Plum Seed! Remember me...?! Things will be faster when we're not attempting to command first in a tag battle while holding down adult lives, I promise. Well, that or you'll be dead. Cross your head-leaves, k?

We're gonna start by Bouncing you up far, far away. Plum Seed motherfuckin' out. If someone tries to fake you out or Taunt you or Hypnotize you or Flatter you or Swagger at you before you get the chance to ascend gloriously into the skies ceiling, Protect against it. Do the same if you find yourself being restrained by something you can't Struggle out of. Nothing gets between you and anti-gravity!

Next, if you haven't been able to Bounce up yet, do so now if you can. If you're Taunted, see if you can make it a regular two-action Bounce and come down at the end of the next action. If you really can't do that, I want two one-action Bounces instead, making sure that all your opponents have attacked before you come crashing down. If you're already in the air (or if you can't Bounce), light up your hookah or whatever kids do at concerts these days and heal yourself up with Aromatherapy, but if you see something scary and powerful aimed at you that would actually hit and hurt, Protect against it if you didn't use Protect last action. Do not use Aromatherapy if an opponent is preparing to Snatch. Wait until everyone's moved before using Aromatherapy if you have to.

Finally, you already know the plan if you're Taunted and still able to Bounce. If you haven't Bounced at all this round for some reason and you can now, give me a one-action Bounce. If you're in the air and haven't used Aromatherapy yet, do it now if you can. Same conditions about Snatch. Otherwise, after everyone else has moved, Bounce down to your heart's content! For all these Bounces, I really don't care who you hit. Have fun with it.

If you're in a pod, absolutely do not try to Bounce. Use Aromatherapy if and only if you are statused. Remember Snatch, as usual.

Bounce (up) / Protect / Struggle ~ Bounce (up) / Aromatherapy / Protect ~ Bounce @ whoever / Aromatherapy / Bounce (down) @ whoever

All participating parties, excepting Metallica Fanboy as he doesn't seem to be around at the moment, have agreed to end this battle in a draw. The participating trainers get $8 each, I get $10, My Lips Don't Lie and Plum Seed get 2 exp/1 happiness each, and Rex and Cuttler get 1 exp and happiness. Good game, everyone!

Look, Plum Seed, you survived! I told you I would take good care of you! (Lucky Eggs for breakfast tomorrow, okay?)

Thanks Keldeo for reffing!

Back
Top Bottom