• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mindscrew Mafia [INNOCENTS WIN]

Re: Mindscrew Mafia - Day Four

I'm inclined to believe Mai (and not just because she said I was innocent). I also believe that Wargle lying about what they'd flip is a very suspicious move.

With the size of this game, I believe that we could have two of each investigator, as well as 3 millers, 3 mimes, 2 death millers, 2 townies, and 3 mafia. (This is just an estimation/guess.) So far, there have been 4 deaths that flipped innocent, 3 that flipped mafia. I'm guessing Blaziking was telling the truth, and Seri might or might not have been an investigator, which means that both regular investigators are dead. Probably. Therefore, two of the other innocent deaths were either the vanilla or millers.

Now, in a perfect world, all the mafia-flipped deaths would be actual Mafia, and we could vote game off. However, there were still deaths in the night, meaning there is still at least one mafia about. Statistically speaking, we probably only got one of them. Assuming Wargle is Mafia, we've got another; assuming they're not, Mai probably is, and we can get them tomorrow. That leaves one more Mafia (probably) out of the eight other living players. Long story short: Lynch Wargle, don't vote to end the game yet.

There are the same amount of investigators and mafia (well, two forensic, two normal, and two mafia). And even if there are no deaths tomorrow, the mafia might just not kill so that we can end the game and they win. So when Wargle flips mafia, if I'm alive the next night we should still keep the game going so that I can check everyone else.

Jack has said in other games he GMed he randomises actions. I have never heard of someone getting another action.

And maybe you just slipped up or are 'slipping up' and using "Why would I say that if I was mafia that means I'm innocent" as your bailout. I've known people to do that so I'm not inclined to believe you.

But I accept I am dying but Mai is most obviously lying. I am not the Mafia don, but a mere goon. There is still a don above so there's no way I could have targetted someone.

Jack has said in other games he GMed he randomises actions. I have never heard of someone getting another action.

And maybe you just slipped up or are 'slipping up' and using "Why would I say that if I was mafia that means I'm innocent" as your bailout. I've known people to do that so I'm not inclined to believe you.

But I accept I am dying but Mai is most obviously lying. I am not the Mafia don, but a mere goon. There is still a don above so there's no way I could have targetted someone.

I really don't know why he let me inspect two people, okay?

That's great, but you just admitted you're mafia. Not believing me kinda is rendered moot by that.

It makes no sense why you'd say that. Are you trying to do an alien trick or something? Because there's no alien. I doubt we should trust him about anything concerning the exact number of mafia. He could just be lying. He probably is.

However, it makes no sense why you'd 'slip up' like that. If you're a death miller, why are you trying to fool the innocents? You don't falsely confess if you're innocent aligned, and you've pretty much lost your chance to have us change sides.

Your logic makes no sense, but I guess maybe you just accidently confessed, maybe, Warge?

?

I am stating I am indeed mafia but Mai is lying about me targetting dead people because I am not the Don yet, I am third in command, so that is impossible.

Re: Mindscrew Mafia - Day Three

... Jack said that there was only two mafia. Also, it really doesn't matter if you're not doing the killing, you're still mafia.

At the bottom of the signup thread, I said there's 2 of each powered role.

Everything is exactly as it's stated at the beginning of the signup thread. There are no hidden twists.

See?

I assure I am not alone yet, you all are horrible at mafia hunting.

@Pig: I know I am cryptic but, take you can from me it will help in the end.

Why would you help us? You're mafia.

But of course you could be telling the truth so that we think you're lying so we'll reject the truth. I don't know.

And your thoughts go in a circle and I have mind raped you.

Believe me or not, it's only your lives that depend on it.

Re: Mindscrew Mafia - Day Three

...two of every powered role? Mafia goons aren't powered, so, do we have two mafia killers (backup and main)?

Oh, and your logic is flimsy, Mai:

"The first time you don't turn in your night action if you have one, it will be randomized and you get a warning; the second time, you're dead."

From the signup thread and the first post. So, what.

So, Jack started the day early and was very nice.

Just lynch Wargle. I'll die at night and you can go on knowing that I was innocent.

Anyway, a mafia goon is better than a vanilla townie/miller. They get to communicate with each other.

Another mysterious, trenchcoated citizen surfaces to shout "J'accuse," this time at Wargle. Although the townspeople find themselves wondering why and whether God would allow this citizen to discover their information in the way they did, they go along with the accusation, and Wargle becomes the fourth victim of the bitter Alpine winter.

Wargle is dead. She was Mafia.
48 hours for night actions, or until they're all in.

Also, because I haven't been very diligent about the CONTINUE system and really don't care for it any more (and because I'm the GM and can change things because I want to *arrogance*) I'm removing it and replacing it with this rule which may be overpowered but whatever:

When the townspeople vote to end the game, I will (via RNG) simulate Mafia kills and town lynches until there are only innocents left or until it is impossible for the innocents to win (i.e. Mafia outnumber innocents). If the Mafia win, the town doesn't get a continue button. So it's not a question of knowing that all the Mafia are gone, it's a question of being confident enough in your own luck.

If you guys really, *really* don't like this change, just PM me or VM me and if I get a lot of complaints I'll change it back. But the previous system wasn't getting utilized at all because I'm kind of lazy, so here's this instead.

Re: Mindscrew Mafia - Night Four

How dull. The townspeople conclude that there are no new bodies in the town square. Unless somebody's been murdered at home...? But no, a quick roll call verifies that everyone is here. The citizens shrug at each other and cross the field of bodies to enter the town hall.

No one died.
48 hours for discussion.

Re: Mindscrew Mafia - Day Five

I'd rather wait to be sure. As the other forensic investigator, I can work with Mai to clear the list of everyone. So far, the only investigated to flip mafia for me is superbird. They did claim mime, and there were no deaths tonight, so I'm inclined to believe them. However, if we want to be sure, I'd like to continue and lynch anyone that would flip mafia on death, just in case.

Oh, and vote to continue.

Back
Top Bottom