• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misreadings and stuff

A weird thing happened to me when reading something about Daleks. I thought something like: "Who is this Terry Nation guy? What about Davros? Seriously, a human? I guess it's good they retconned it to Dav- Oh, it's just one of the makers of the series. "

I was looking though my games and I misread "Star Trek: Armada 2" and "Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness" as ~*~StAr TrEk InTo DaRkNeSs~*~ "Star Trek Into Darkness"

My thoughts when looking at a dried-up piece of a dead bug in a spider web:
Wow, nice mandibles! I didn't know anything smaller than a stag beetle had this sort of proportions... Oh, that's an earwig's tail.

Factor as f**ker. Although my algebra teacher's horrendous handwriting might have had a say in that.

"Espeon" as "Eccleston".

EDIT: "Holiday Sim" (meaning simulator) as "Holiday Sin". And then "Holiday Simm". Get out of my head, Saxon.

EDIT: "Opinions" as "Ophiuchus". Must be because snakes were mentioned before.

Last edited:
I thought a poster I saw on a college campus said "Do you <3 oranges?"

Upon closer inspection it actually said "Do you <3 orgasms?"

I thought a poster I saw on a college campus said "Do you <3 oranges?"

Upon closer inspection it actually said "Do you <3 orgasms?"

Wow. I actually had a similar situation, misreading something as something... softer. Well, I first read "we would gladly eat your shirt", and... Oh, the terrible fanfics I've read.

And I've been watching NintendoCapriSun's Sapphire LP, and he has two Pokémon named Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan... but the names Nic Cage and Liv Tyler keep popping into my mind. Plus an occassional John Simm, but that isn't that frequent.

ELECTABUZZ's Static paralyzed the shit out of wild SHINX

I blame people in general.

Back
Top Bottom