• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Murkrow Vs. Sangfroidish

There's not much of any use we can do first action besides buff, so give me a Bulk Up so we can deal regular damage through that fluff. Signal Beam doesn't worry us too much with our Bug resistance and all, unless it confuses us, so we'll take that action to burn some of her wool off with a Blaze Kick. On the last action, give her a smack through that shield with a Feint to wear her down just a little extra. If you do get confused, though, Chill and try to clear your head.

Bulk Up ~ Blaze Kick ~ Feint/Chill

Round Eighteen

Murkrow
Mareep
Raigu
Ability: Static
Health: 39%
Energy: 43%
Status: *wriggles* Levitating with Magnet Rise (2 more actions). +5 Defense, -1 Speed.

Sangfroidish
Riolu
Oscar ♂ @ Soothe Bell
Ability: Inner Focus
Health: 55%
Energy: 64%
Status: "Hair isn't supposed to grow that fast, it's really gross :C" Toxic poisoned (4% last round). Mildly paralyzed (9% failure chance). +4 Attack, -1 Speed.

------------------------------​

Oscar takes a deep breath, and Raigu immediately bleats in alarm and summons up a shimmering bubble of energy to protect herself from the onslaught that's surely incoming.

The Riolu blinks. Okay, fine. He wasn't planning on getting anywhere near all that fluff anyway. He's got allergies, you know? Yeah. That's it. "What are you just standing there for? Your sweat will only make you stronger! Defending is the best attack! Drop to the floor and give me five!" yells Sangfroidish from the sidelines.

Oscar gives him ten, and doesn't even break a sweat. He's just that good at push-ups. Flexing his arms, he notices his beautifully-sculpted biceps becoming even more beautifully sculpted, the better to attack and defend with. His Super Trainer's words echo through his head: "Offense is the best defense! Defense is the best offense! FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFREE, STING LIKE A BEEDRILL!" He never did work out what the last one was supposed to mean, but he's sure it's good advice.

"Baaaaaa," bleats Raigu adorably. Adorable ropes of coloured light float adorably from her adorable ears, twisting and snaking through the air to fill Oscar's ears with an uncomfortable buzz. He hisses and shakes his head in irritation, attempting to clear it of the sound. "Baaaaaa," bleats Raigu in satisfaction (adorably).

Oh, Oscar just can't stand all that fluff and that buzzing and that cuteness! He will float towards his opponent like a Butterfree and sting her like a Beedrill! Yes! He hurtles floats forward through the air, one leg extended, and the outstretched foot bursts into flame. His foot collides straight with Raigu's poofy coat, burning some layers of cotton away and penetrating to the skin underneath. "Baaaaaa," bleats Raigu in pain adorably, as the magnetic field holding her up abruptly fizzles and she falls down to the ground (adorably).

Unwilling to risk any more damage to her precious fur coat, Raigu whips up another shield of near-transparent energy to protect herself. Oscar hesitates, but his Super Trainer will have none of this. "Come on! Bust right through and come out on the other side of speed!" he screams in what's probably meant to be an encouraging matter.

And so Raigu leaps forward, feinting a jab to the right so that Raigu prematurely lets down her shield. He's not so sure about the other side of speed, though: when he punches her lightly through the cotton, a few jolts of electricity jump off it to course through his muscles, stiffening them again just as they were starting to recover.

Murkrow
Mareep
Raigu
Health: 27%
Energy: 35%
Used: Protect ~ Signal Beam ~ Protect

Sangfroidish
Riolu
Oscar ♂ @ Soothe Bell
Health: 45%
Energy: 53%
Status: Cursing his luck. Toxic poisoned (5% this round). Moderately paralyzed (13% failure chance). +5 Attack, +1 Defense.
Used: Bulk Up ~ Blaze Kick ~ Feint

Arena Status
  • Nothing of note.

Damage and Energy
  • Raigu's Health: 39% - 8% (Blaze Kick) - 4% (Feint) = 27%
  • Raigu's Energy: 43% - 2% (Protect) - 4% (Signal Beam) - 2% (Protect) = 35%
  • Oscar's Health: 55% - 5% (Signal Beam) - 5% (poison) = 45%
  • Oscar's Energy: 64% - 2% (Bulk Up) - 6% (Blaze Kick) - 3% (Feint) = 53%

Notes
  • Speed order: Raigu (35) > Oscar (20).
  • Blaze Kick burned off enough of the cotton to reduce Raigu's Defense by two stages.
  • Magnet Rise wore off after the second action.
  • Oscar's Feint triggered Static, which worsened his paralysis to moderate.
  • Both Pokémon's Speed drops faded at the end of the round.
  • Sangfroidish commands first.

oh shitting bugger

Right, time to go all out again. Bulldoze her face off so she'll have to either eat a supereffective hit or lose a turn to use Magnet Rise. If she's levitating when the time comes for you to attack, use Brick Break instead, and if she protects, use Feint.

Bulldoze/Brick Break/Feint x3

Oh phooey, I was so distracted by him being immune to flinching I forgot to check type advantages while looking for a move to use instead.

Okay okay, we'll start off by levitating, I think that's the best thing to do there. I want to use rest and although I didn't ban direct healing while making the stage it feels a bit cheap :c
I can't use reflect since that brick break would go straight through it, but your wool has worn off enough that it wouldn't be a waste to use it so use Cotton Guard. Since his attack is at +5 a Swagger shouldn't be too dangerous. We'll make sure he's confused this time.

Magnet Rise ~ Cotton Guard ~ Swagger

Round Nineteen

Murkrow
Mareep
Raigu
Health: 27%
Energy: 35%

Sangfroidish
Riolu
Oscar ♂ @ Soothe Bell
Health: 45%
Energy: 53%
Status: Cursing his luck. Toxic poisoned (5% last round). Moderately paralyzed (13% failure chance). +5 Attack, +1 Defense.

"Baaaaaa," bleats Raigu adorably, and the magnetic currents running beneath the Bubble Bowl respond to her plea. Electricity sparks from the ground, and the Mareep majestically floats a few feet up into the air, fluffy coat puffed out even further from the static running through it. Grumbling to himself, Oscar leaps forward with a bit of difficulty from his cramped muscles and delivers a swift one-two punch to Raigu's head, and the Mareep bleats adorably again, this time in pain, as the blows land perfectly on the vulnerable joints of her horns.

Shaking her head in distress, Raigu takes a deep breath, and her fluffy, shedding coat expands to even more ridiculous proportions, overwhelming her entire body with cuteness and fuzz. The Mareep examines her new figure and bleats in adorable satisfaction. Oscar, however, is unmoved. Hurtling forward again, he prays for no more horrible sparks to jump out at him as he punches Raigu right in her new fluffy coat, cottony mass shielding her from the blow, and breathes a sigh of relief as his luck holds.

Now suitably fluffed up, Raigu is ready to wreak ultimate destruction. Meeting her opponent's eyes, she begins to bleat in an adorably taunting manner, setting off a few sparks from her fur to remind Oscar of how he is totally at the mercy of her cottony electric self. The Riolu impatiently gnashes his teeth, wishing his opponent would just faint already, and makes to run forward again—but in his rush he manages to stumble over his own feet, instead hitting his head hard on the ocean floor. Ugh. What a stupid mistake.

Murkrow
Mareep
Raigu
Health: 3%
Energy: 24%
Status: Trembling beneath all her cotton. Levitating with Magnet Rise (2 more actions). +5 Defense.
Used: Magnet Rise ~ Cotton Guard ~ Swagger

Sangfroidish
Riolu
Oscar ♂ @ Soothe Bell
Health: 30%
Energy: 45%
Status: Boiling over with fury. Toxic poisoned (6% this round). Severely confused (40% failure chance). Mildly paralyzed (7% failure chance). +6 Attack, +1 Defense.
Used: Brick Break ~ Brick Break ~ [confused]

Arena Status
  • Nothing of note.

Damage and Energy
  • Raigu's Health: 27% - 15% (Brick Break) - 9% (Brick Break) = 3%
  • Raigu's Energy: 35% - 4% (Magnet Rise) - 3% (Cotton Guard) - 4% (Swagger) = 24%
  • Oscar's Health: 45% - 9% (confusionfail) - 6% (poison) = 30%
  • Oscar's Energy: 53% - 4% (Brick Break) - 4% (Brick Break) = 45%

Notes
  • Speed order: Raigu (35) > Oscar (30).
  • Oscar's first Brick Break was a critical hit.
  • Oscar's paralysis faded to mild after the first action.
  • A bit more of Raigu's cotton also wore off after the first action. I'm not really sure what speed pathos was having it fade at, so I'm just kind of eyeballing it here.
  • Oscar hit himself in confusion on the third action. He did so much damage to himself that it further reduced his confusion chance.
  • Murkrow commands first.

3% health left? It doesn't look good. We're should cover all bases if we want any chance of surviving. But since defeat looks so likely, a bit of recklessness might be necessary. I think we ought to forget about being too defensive and go all-out, but first...

40% chance of confusion and 7% chance of paralysis - if my maths is good (and it isn't) I estimate that's a total chance of 42% that they won't get an attack off at all for a given action. That's not good enough for me. Oscar, you're a boy right? Let's get him Attracted to you.

Then follow up with two Thunders. Hopefully the spectators will be safe...
If he uses Protect, which I doubt but we'll see, break some holes in the dome with a Rain Dance

Attract ~ Rain Dance/Thunder ~ Rain Dance/Thunder

Victory's so close we can taste it, Oscar! Don't let that confusion/paralysis get you down. I believe in you!

If you can get off an attack first action, knock her right out of there with a Vacuum Wave before she can get making any eyes at you. (What does she think you are, a Welshman?) If you can't, uh, just keep Vacuum Waving anyway I guess? But srsly don't be para/confusehaxed

Vacuum Wave x3

Round Twenty

Murkrow
Mareep
Raigu
Health: 3%
Status: Trembling beneath all her cotton. Levitating with Magnet Rise (2 more actions). +5 Defense.

Sangfroidish
Riolu
Oscar ♂ @ Soothe Bell
Energy: 45%
Status: Boiling over with fury. Toxic poisoned (6% this round). Severely confused (40% failure chance). Mildly paralyzed (7% failure chance). +6 Attack, +1 Defense.

Not wasting a moment, Oscar wills his muscles to respond just this one last time and raises his arms in front of him, palms outstretched. Digging his feet into the ground, he closes his eyes and unleashes a wave of pure Fighting-type energy from his hands, that quickly snakes forward to suck all of Raigu's cotton away. Poor Raigu, coatless, utters one last, pathetic (yet adorable) bleat before falling to his side in shock, where he is instantly recalled with promises of a visit to the Baa Spa, stat.

Murkrow
Mareep
Raigu
Health: 0%
Used: nothing

Sangfroidish
Riolu
Oscar ♂ @ Soothe Bell
Energy: 43%
Used: Vacuum Wave

Arena Status
  • Nothing of note.

Damage and Energy
  • Raigu's Health: 3% - 5% (Vacuum Wave) = 0%
  • Raigu's Energy: 24%
  • Oscar's Health: 30%
  • Oscar's Energy: 45% - 2% (Vacuum Wave) = 43%

Notes
  • The rolls were pretty high. Lucky Oscar! A valiant fight to the end by both Oscar and adorable Raigu. :3
  • Sangfroidish gets $24, Murkrow gets $12, and TruetoCheese, pathos, and I split $15. Havel gets 2 exp, Bendigeidfran gets 2 exp, Nikki gets 1 exp, Neku gets 3 exp, Raigu gets 2 exp, and Oscar gets 2 exp (and 3 happiness). Good game, both of you!

Raigu's not dead, she still has 3% health

Good game, Murkrow! I was sure you were going to peek out ahead of me toward the end there, but I guess the RNG gods are preserving me for greatness. And many thanks for reffing, Cheese/pathos/Eif!

Back
Top Bottom