• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I LOVE Derpy's voice. It's ADORABLE. Especially her last line in the episode. :3

WOOHOO!

Pinkie's rage was awesome too. Though she was going to go all straight-haired for a minute.

And the fact that they LEFT PINKIE AND RARITY OUT THERE. Pffft....

I need to learn to avoid all websites ever before watching the new episode. I'm sure Derpy talking (and being named!) would've been much more :o! if I hadn't been spoiled.

I know I'm going to sound all "it's not the same voice as I expected therefore I don't like it" but I really didn't like her voice :/

Having her do silly things is one thing, but have her speak like that doesn't exactly seem nice
I thought it was... rather unfortunate, the way they portrayed her. I mean... she appeared to be clearly mentally handicapped, and I really rather dislike that portrayal of her.

I bet we'll adapt to her voice quite quickly. I don't feel she appeared to be handicapped...she's just klutzy. I bet she has some Hidden Depths in her. So don't rule her character out just yet.

And another new episode confirmed.... Totally expecting the leaked Smile song to appear here.

And it would be hilarious if the donkey sounded like Eeyore. Because Peter Cullen is on Transformers Prime and he voices Eeyore...except in the latest movie

I actually think Derpy's voice is kind of cute. It's not something I expected, but I guess we just have to adapt to it, like Flareth said. It kind of fits her. I don't know how, but it just fits.

This has been my most favourite episode overall (tied with The Cutie Mark Chronicles).
Also perhaps one of the best introductory episodes yet; sure, people won't get references like Pinkie Promise, etc. but they can come back to this ep later on after this one has hooked them in enough to keep on watching more episodes.
And the fandom has just exploded twice; I kind of feel bad for AJ though that Pinkie and Derpy have stolen the episode from her.

558882.jpg

^The perfect arguement-winner.

Derpy is offically named "Derpy" and given a voice.

Pinkie Pie rages. Hard.

Apple Jack gets her first central episode since season 1.

Yep, this episode was full of fanservice and humor. This would be a very good starting episode for most people trying to get into the series.

Hey, evrypony, have you heard of the "Mare"-athon coming Febuary 11th on the HUB. Where you vote on which episodes you want to be aired in it. I already got my votes in.

I voted too, even though I don't get the HUB :P

Also I'm home from uni this week, so I can watch Boomerang. They've finally started showing the second half of season 1 so yay! Plus it's not on at 7am so I'll actually be awake.

By the way, am I the only person who has noticed the way that season two kind of completely did away with Lauren Faust's "ponies should be ponies, we'll not pretend that hooves can be hands" thing? Season one pretty diligently made the ponies carry things in their mouths when they had to and used their legs as legs that just happen to be flexible enough to perform basic gestures; one of my favorite little things was the way that ponies applauded by stomping their feet, for example, because they don't have hands to clap with. But in season two they're going around changing diapers offscreen using their hooves, and in Family Appreciation Day, the pony students all sit there clapping by turning their hooves inward and banging them together. It really bugged me. (Also, at some point in season two their tails turned prehensile, too - or at least I don't remember that in season one.)

Hm, I don't really get that impression. Off the top of my head, season one had Scootaloo playing the piano with her hooves, and this season had Rarity's back-umbrella. Plus I can immediately think of several different instances where they pick stuff up in their mouths (Granny Smith's dentures, the sprig of whatever Sweetie Belle was putting on the eggs, the same diaper Pinkie took off with her hooves). I figured they were clapping their hooves together in Family Appreciation Day because they were sitting in chairs and getting up to clap would've been awkward.

Where did the tails turn prehensile, though? That sounds familiar but I don't actually remember that...

The tails were prehensile in Part of One. Rarity grabs the package with her tail.

Anyone else think of Back to the Future when Granny Smith was called a chicken?

THREAD IS NOW DISCORD THREAD

DISCORD FANCLUB
There, that's better.

Man this latest episode was a big nostalgia rush. The Music Man? Back to the Future? Pretty fun stuff. And I am never going to get that song out of my head, but since it's a fun song I don't mind that much. Overall I liked this episode enough that I can almost ignore the anti-capitalism subtext.

And Applejack letter is best letter. "Dear Princess Celestia ... I learned nothin'! :D"

Also, Flim/Flam/Trixie OT3.

TWO top-notch Applejack episodes in a row? About time, given her prior lack of screen time.

It's now 21 episodes since a Fluttershy episode, though - now she's the one not getting any screen time.

Back
Top Bottom