• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

I own a digital copy (i.e., it has all of the covers, as far as I know) and it's actually quite a fun read. The art is amusing and well-done, and there's something of an emphasis on action. The writer has the fanbase in mind.

I might check it out then, though I checked again and the one the shop near me was selling the second issue which I wouldn't want to get without a guarantee that I could get the first sometime.

EDIT:
dsWRa.png

This is why I don't like iTunes :|

but I am told this is an average length for western comics

From the few that I own I believe that that is the case. :(

Last edited:
I might check it out then, though I checked again and the one the shop near me was selling the second issue which I wouldn't want to get without a guarantee that I could get the first sometime.

EDIT:
dsWRa.png

This is why I don't like iTunes :|

From the few that I own I believe that that is the case. :(

Try this website if you want it digitally. It's still DRM'd, afaik, but you're free to view it on basically any device. I don't shop Apple at all.

I'm all caught up. I can't wait for the return of Discord, easily my favorite villain (who else?) and just all around a great character. Also Fluttershy having the episode's focus, since last time the two interacted I found it pretty hilarious.

Spike is now my least favorite character, though I noticed that my appreciation for a character sometimes drops when the episode revolves around them. Pinkie sunk to second or third after an episode of hers, but recently she's gone back up to favorite, very closely followed by Rarity. Spike...just everything his does is so exaggerated, it's off-putting.

I really liked the episode. Discord is as hilarious as ever, and had me laughing the entire time. Although his redemption moment did feel a bit rushed, and he was pretty easily forgiven, for you know, mind raping everyone and placed Equestria under chaos more than once.

I really liked the episode. Discord is as hilarious as ever, and had me laughing the entire time. Although his redemption moment did feel a bit rushed, and he was pretty easily forgiven, for you know, mind raping everyone and placed Equestria under chaos more than once.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Still, despite the rushed ending, it was still a superb episode.

By the way:

Meghan McCarthy said:
[John de Lancie] delivers a line in this weeks (sic) episode so perfectly that it may cause the Internet to explode.

What do you think was that line?

*has just watched latest episode*
Well, I ship Discord and Fluttershy now.

Almost did, but I decided that I still prefer Flutterdash. :)

I've never actually hated an MLP episode quite like this. Maybe it's just me, but if they're going to actually reform Discord, they could've done it in a better way.

Also, during the dinner party, Fluttershy called Rainbow Dash "Dashie". Pattycakes, anyone?

I've never actually hated an MLP episode quite like this. Maybe it's just me, but if they're going to actually reform Discord, they could've done it in a better way.

I've felt that way about MMDW and Pinkie Keen ([sarcasm]wow, what a shock[/sarcasm]).

Also, during the dinner party, Fluttershy called Rainbow Dash "Dashie". Pattycakes, anyone?

no

no

no

don't go there

Also, some amazing news!

Just saw the latest two episodes.
The Discord one did seem to have a bit of a rushed ending. I can see Discord being upset about losing his only friend if it was shows that having a friend was actually benefiting him.
Maybe they could have had him saying something like "Why do I need you as a friend, I'm omnipotent I can make my own!" and then Fluttershy pointing out that any friends he makes won't be 'real' since it couldn't be as satisfying as having actually made friends.

Not really much to say about this one. I like how they used the CMC. Also the pictures at the beginning had that phoenix in them but he didn't actually appear in the episode? Though I didn't pay that much attention to the establishing scene so maybe the pictures told the story of how he grew up and left home or something (and again, I'm too lazy to check)

I've felt that way about MMDW and Pinkie Keen ([sarcasm]wow, what a shock[/sarcasm]).
I've already said I do like MMDW, but to all those saying that the lesson in Pinkie Keen is a really bad one, it's clearly just trying to teach kids about Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem.
there will always be statements ... that are true, but that are unprovable
Sound familiar? :P

I honestly have very little desire to watch the latest episode because, like Omskivar, I don't like Spike at all. Also, the only Spike-centric episode which I didn't mind was Secret of My Excess (*ducks*) - I disliked all the others.

I thought the episode was about Twilighht messing up a spell and causing the mane six's cutie marks to be switch around...?

Actually, according to Equestria Daily:

Sethisto said:
Season finale extended synopsis:
"My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" follows the studious young unicorn Twilight Sparkle and her five pony friends as they teach one another about the most powerful magic of all, the magic of friendship! In the special coronation episode "Magical Mystery Cure," Twilight Sparkle accidentally casts a spell that switches the Cutie Marks and destinies of all her friends, and the only way she can reverse the spell is by writing her own magic. Little does she know that by achieving this great accomplishment, she will fulfill her destiny and emerge a princess.

TCoD help I need a thing

a friend of my roommate walked in and saw my fluttershy toy and asked why i had a my little pony so my roommate (who's not a brony but her sister is) explained that i'm a brony and after some conversation she (the roommate's friend) decided i should show her an ep sometime and maybe she can become a brony

what's a good starting ep

i started with the pilot but that's because i have trouble starting new things from anywhere but the beginning but the pilot isn't as great as some other eps. but which eps are good first-ep eps

I really liked Winter Wrap Up and Bridle Gossip! But, considering how I started with the beginning as well, I'm not sure what exactly would qualify for a good starting episode.

Hmm. . .

I would say the first two episodes, because that is when the friendship started.

Back
Top Bottom