• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony

I must be missing something, because after watching the pilot I can safely say I'm seeing nothing of any substance beyond a children's show about ponies.

Help me out, guys.

All right then!

Here are my recommended episodes, depending on what you're looking for.

If you like the interaction between the characters, watch The Ticket Master or Applebuck Season.
If you like when the Bitch is taken down a peg, watch Griffon the Brush-off.
If you like epic scenes and episodes that have a bit of everything, watch Sonic Rainboom.
If you like insane amounts of d'awwwwww, watch Cutie Mark Chronicles.
If you like watching mental breakdowns, watch Party of One.
Finally, if you like irony, watch Swarm of the Century or The Best Night Ever.

[W]atch [..]The Best Night Ever.

I cannot believe you, friend!
To think that you could recommend
To see the season finale
Before Ticket Master? Really?
Most people wouldn't understand
Why these aspirations grand
Were so stuck in the mane cast's minds.
They would feel so left behind
Without all of the exposition
That at least Ticket Master'd give them!

Well, then again, I could be wrong.
Still, even if just for the song
I feel that it's good to wait
That way, it may seem much more great.

I must be missing something, because after watching the pilot I can safely say I'm seeing nothing of any substance beyond a children's show about ponies.

Help me out, guys.

The episode format changes rather dramatically beyond the pilot episodes. Plus, it's not the plots as such which makes it so funny for me so much as the characters and the minor things which are really funny, for me at least.

I dunno, I was kind of disappointed that they didn't really run with the MAGICAL GIRL PONIES!!! theme past the pilot. :(

So I'm wondering which episode(s) are the best introductory ones when you try to show it to online friends who will probably be very skeptical, and will not watch more than 5 minutes (or even less) and quit unless they get hooked.

Thought about episode 13 (Fall Weather Friends) or perhaps 9 (Bridle Gossip) being the best for this, but what do you guys think?

Also I like how this MLP: FiM craze had more or less invaded every forum I visit, and in the threads about the show, most haters on the first pages got pony avatars themselves a few days later.

Last edited:
I'd agree with you that Bridle Gossip is a good one to start with. Swarm of the Century and Dragonshy would probably also pretty good ones. Once they've gotten comfortable watching one of those, show then the first two and then go from there, I'd say.

Oh, urk ponies. I'm far too manly to like that.

Actually, I would prefer my little sister (5 years old) would watch that instead of her "Barbie and the Diamond Castle" shit.

Are you intentionally trying to be rude to every boy of at least 6 years of age here?

Also for what it's worth, the first few Barbie DVDs are actually quite good (namely Nutcracker, Rapunzel, Swan Lake, and Princess and the Pauper).

So I tried to watch a couple episodes, and I wasn't too into it, I mean it was cute and all, but I just didn't seem to fall in love with it like everyone else. At least I tried.

alright, mission accomplished: had got some of my online friends into the show already, while others said they'll start watching after their exams; either way they were all quite pissed off at me for getting them addicted to mlp of all things, haha. (btw in the end had shown them Fall Weather Friends, Bridle Gossip, Sonic Rainboom and Winter Wrap Up, in that order)

also I was bored enough to make this graph on how episode quality varies within the show, because let's be honest, some episodes are pretty dull especially early on in the series, and I personally disliked the middle two CMC episodes (though the last one of those was nice which ironically gave more background information on the main characters than the double pilot)

also I still can't even figure out why I like this show so much myself and why it makes me so happy, because even when I look at it like "simplicity, nice animation, excellent voice acting, enjoyable humour, very likeable main characters, innocence, good implied morals and a great, happy atmosphere in general", I can't pick out any of those as the answer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom