• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2010

Heeeere I am, ye gods what am I doing I am going to fail so hard.

Regardless, a word war sounds interesting. I doubt many people here are fans of Naruto, but I've recently been reading a good deal of Peggy Sue (or people going back in time for whatever reason and trying to fix things, for those who are not tropers) fanfic, and I wanted to try this out. On a character other than one of Team Seven, for one, and to just stretch out into the concepts I'd like to expand on.

...I should probably finish the Legend's Rage chapter before Nano hits. I really, really should.

I'm working on a fic too that I want to finish before NaNo but that's so not going to happen. ;; I'm such a slowbro, innit.

I am questioning my ability to participate in NaNo as well as having a social and academic life! THERE IS ALREADY NO TIME FOR NAPS. Like, seriously, I have full days every day for some reason and by the time I get home I can't nap because I have to cook and then drink. ; ; so hard

ANYWAY

I'll probably still attempt NaNo with my original idea because I do need to get that one banged out. I mean, gays save the world!!! and fall in love doing it!!! needs to be written. MIRITE? yeah.

I just chucked my NaNo idea out the window.

INSTEAD I'm going to tell myself that I can write whatever I want to, but my goal is to write 50, 000 words by the end of it. Doesn't matter what it is - oneshots, chaptered fic, fanfic, origfic, whatever - but it can't be for university. I have such bad writing ADD that this is probably my key to success.

DON'T CARE IF IT'S NOT ACTUALLY A NOVEL haters gonna hate

Will add new people as soon as I finish this post. May have to add another team at this rate or else do something weird with multiple widgets, because the current ones only work for a maximum of five people iirc. Or hopefully the new ones can handle more.

...Does it count if I already have an untyped Rough Draft?

Eh... technically you're supposed to write something new for NaNo, not something you've already written in some other form; if you were to ask around on the official site, at any rate, they'd probably be a little miffed if you tried to claim winner's prizes for that. Rewriting something that exists isn't really considered in the spirit of the thing. Still, it's not that big a deal, because ultimately you're just trying to challenge yourself to get some serious writing done, and if this is how you feel you want to do it then go ahead. It'd just be a more personal challenge instead of the official one.

Either way, you absolutely cannot include anything you've already typed prior to November first in your NaNoWriMo word count, because "words you've typed in November" is kind of the point of the whole thing. You'll have to track whatever you write after it starts separately from anything you've already written; for the sake of helping your team, I would suggest not typing any more until October's over and saving as much of the work as possible for November itself.

So...how are we put on the three different teams, if that it possible.

I think I'll bank on three teams for now, and just add people to each one alternately--first person is Team A, second is B, third is C, fourth is A, so on, unless there are any objections or anyone has a person they'd particularly like to be with/against/whatever. If so, speak up and I will to fix it maybe. On the off chance that there are a lot more/a lot fewer interested people, I can change the number of teams.

Anything else?

This is my first ever NaNoWriMo so...I'm clueless. What's a word war o.o?

For those who don't know, word wars are basically simple contests to see who ends up writing the most words by the end of NaNo; there are other variations, but that's the most common one. They can be done individually or in groups/teams. Last year we did it in teams and it was pretty fun, at least for me (then again, my team did win so possibly I might be a little biased!), so we could do that again, or we could all compete against one another in a free-for-all.

If that's not clear enough, just let me know.

I just chucked my NaNo idea out the window.

INSTEAD I'm going to tell myself that I can write whatever I want to, but my goal is to write 50, 000 words by the end of it. Doesn't matter what it is - oneshots, chaptered fic, fanfic, origfic, whatever - but it can't be for university. I have such bad writing ADD that this is probably my key to success.

DON'T CARE IF IT'S NOT ACTUALLY A NOVEL haters gonna hate

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH

(can it still include just a little just kidding-pop, though? :3)

Also, add me to the list of people who have stories they want to finish before this starts... though given the nature of my classes this quarter and the fact that my NaNo still needs a middle and I hate those, I doubt I'll have time for it. Damn Halloween oneshot from last year that I still haven't finished. >|

EDIT: okay, will have to add people later because I have to get off my laptop now or it will die. Fucking power outage. The battery shouldn't even be that empty now. >| >|

I am having way too much fun outlining my story. I keep thinking of more and more character development points and plot twists that I never thought of before. This is going to be a kick-ass story.

Anyways, now that I'm outlining it, I have more of a better idea of what it will be about. So I might as well give a little summary of sorts.

The story focuses on 8 individuals, 7 of which were mysteriously put into a medievalish time era of their world. All eight of them realize that they have mysteriously been granted the powers of magic, which is strictly forbidden in the time frame they are in. They all embark on a journey to find out how they got to this time period, and how they got magic. In the process, they have to take on an evil corporation that spans across time and the fearful figure that threatens to throw the world into eternal pain. The first part of the story mainly focuses on how they got their magic, and the second part primarily focuses on getting them back to their original time periods.

...sounds kinda lame when I write it out like that, but I'm liking where I'm going with the outline at the moment. Since the characters are all separated at first, each chapter focuses on a different character's point of view. This not only moves the plot along well, but it adds to character development.

Everyone who expressed interest up until this point should be on a team now.

ffff almost time must fix current plot holes before workload gets too heavy

Well. Seems I have a idea for this years story~

It is based on a rp me and Cherry did a while ago. I just explained it to my friends via chat window, but I'll show you what it'll be about...well, at least a brief idea of what to expect.

The shop is run by a OC of mine. Her store travels through dementions and time, selling blessed and cursed items to those that come into her store. In the shop lives a Russian royal cursed in the form of a dog and a Boy from the WWII days that is now under her care.
Each item sold as a catch. If you buy a cursed item, she will give you a warning and tell you that you can return the item for your money back at anytime...if they are still able to that is.

It would begin with the Shop keeper talking to a small group of children she is somehow in care of. They ask for a story so she regales them with special stories about pride, mistakes, curses and charms.

So...what do you think?

Yeah, sign me up (number is 230899); plot concept is now coming along... slowly. Need to pick up the pace, brain!

Also, I just realised that if you participate and don't hit 50k you get a shiny blue button instead of a purple one and I kind of want it. Subconcious urge to fail, get out.

Back
Top Bottom