• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2010

I... couldn't win NaNo if my life depended on it! :D Seriously, if my soul game with the devil was to win NaNo, I'd just be like, 'no, I'll take the torture early, pls.'

BUT! I still want to do something to commemorate it! And because I have fourish lengthy fics on my flashcard (I don't really... do ficbits) that are stuck 1/3-1/2 way done, I have decided to try PerFinWriMo! :O That is, Personal-Finishsomething-Writing-Month. I have an idea! I like the idea. I can tell because I'd much rather be reading it than writing it!

It's pokéfic, based on my love of both high school manga and cooking manga, so it'll be kind of... both serialized and written kind of childishy. I would totally mangaize it instead if I had any drawing ability! (>implying I have any writing ability, lol) I've got ten chapters planned, and am aiming for somewhere between 10k and 20k words! And if I can get that, I'll be happy, and that's all that matters to me. :3

AHHH I REALIZED WHY NONE OF MY PLOT IDEAS ARE CLICKING.

I realized that I really don't want to write a serious story this year for NaNo. That's why, of the 5 or so plot ideas I have, none of them are actually sticking.

SO. With less than 4 hours left I am putting together a quick trainerfic outline that will be mostly a humorous piece. It won't be anything groundbreaking, but it'll be fun enough to get through NaNo. I'm kinda drawing inspiration from the show Pushing Daisies in that narration will be quite humorous and done in a badass British accent.

FUKKKKKK how is it the 31st already? aaghghgghh anyway here i go:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/726227 just made it like 3 secs ago. i'll put up novel info in a bit but agrwaggrawgewgwagw thought I had a few more days.

oh and I would appreciate it if I could be added to a "word war" team, but i'm going for 100K this year so I think it would be hardly fair for the people on the other teams. If you could count me in, but make my score count for half as much of what it actually is, that would be wonderful, but I realize that's impossible to do with the widgets and all. alternatively, I could just go on a team with one less person than the rest, if such a team exists? If me joining would fuck things up then you don't have to put me on a team, but it would also be cool if I could participate someway. (this will look real embarrassing if I quit in five days, lol)

also everyone here: i'm probably going to add you as a friend just because this is the only internet forum I go on and I want it to look like I have friends. would be a cool thing to do if you could add me back!

edit: orbneorgjnveworgjkvnewotfkgn the site is down, how could this HAPPEN right now????? fuuuuuuck

Last edited:
Why did I decide to do this? I have no way to write tomorrow, no outline, no parent or friend support, an all day caving field trip on Thursday and a party on Saturday, homework a mile deep, andandandand- *head expoldes*

You all better be damn good support.

Why'd you make a new account, Zeta? The old one should still be valid, unless you wanted a different name or something?

Anyway, added to a team. As for the wordcount, I don't think it's worth worrying about that the moment. Other people might be trying for higher wordcounts, for example (hell, I'd sure like to if I can find the time). If it bothers anyone that much then on the 30th we can just truncate your count at 50,000 in the group total or something. I doubt anyone else will mind much, though!

For anyone looking at the first post, the wordcount things will probably only show up sporadically until the traffic on the official site's server drops off. Same goes for accessing the site in general. (Incidentally, I don't think I'll be using the new widgets unless they automatically switch over or something. They're kind of plain compared to last year's. :/ )

EDIT @ Ketsu: Oh, don't worry. You'll be fine!

hey guys, not participating but! i have much encouragement for you all and look forward to it. you're all great writers from what i've seen and and

here

nanowribros_banner_by_phitus-d31qbyt.gif

Okay, I tried going through and adding those of you on my team as writing buddies. But the site was kinda slow, so I think I may have missed some of you. Could you add me?

Holy crap only an hour~ish to go! Apparently NaNoWriMo is trending on Twitter too.

I'm staying up until it opens here, and uploading what little I have for the word count. (Hey, it started in other places, don't judge me) and then trying to figure out how to work on it tomorrow while at school, and musical dress rehearsal until really really late and then homework as well. Crap. I might not get as much writing done as I hoped I would this November.

Last edited:
Wow. I think my fanfic is going to be insanely fun to write. Non of the characters are serious in the least bit, and I'm trying to make this much different from the typical trainer fic.

Less than an hour left for me, but since tomorrow is a school day I'll probably just start my word count tomorrow after school.

Thank God for teacher workdays and Election Day.

Thirty minutes. When I wake up, I'm finding the notebook paper.

Why did I decide to do this? I have no way to write tomorrow, no outline, no parent or friend support, an all day caving field trip on Thursday and a party on Saturday, homework a mile deep, andandandand- *head expoldes*

You all better be damn good support.

Don't worry, Ketsu! Everyone is with you! :D

(call your friends and say "SUPPORT ME. 8[" )

- This is my first attempt at writing a novel/fanfic that's not a school assignment

...You wrote novels and fanfics for school?

Seriously, you guys, lots of people with jobs and stuff do NaNoWriMo. You'll be great. :D

I'm not sure whether or not to join a team. I mean, I'll pretty much definitely win, but it's sort of weird for some reason. Also can you hide your location?

There's still like two and a half hours here (why am I in the slowest timezone?), so I guess I could write a little extra before bed, but I prefer to base my days on a wake-up/sleep basis. Also I still don't know what to write about. D:

I was totally going to be awesome tonight and not drink and just write fuckloads after twelve so as to beat the curve but instead I went out dressed as a zombie and now I have no shirt.

UM

Tomorrow I guess I won't take a nap so I can catch up with my writing. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA I can do this

I thought for sure that I wasn't going to even attempt it this year, but... one of my story ideas that I came up with months ago won't leave me alone, so I guess I'm going to try it after all. XD

What I'm writing is basically... a silly story about vampires. Except they're not some kind of undead monsters, they're just another species of humanoid that happens to be nocturnal and lives mostly on blood. A vampire named Pugh ends up being interviewed on live television (he's trying to tell people what vampires are actually like and dispel some of the myths), so now everyone in his hometown knows that vampires exist. This leads to poor Pugh being swarmed by rabid vampire-fangirls and attacked by wannabe vampire hunters all the time, making it hard for him to do his job (he runs his own Bloodmobile... with the donations going to hungry vampires, of course) or go to the store or do pretty much any normal daily-life-type stuff. So he gathers up a group of his vampire buddies and they all go driving off across the country to find somewhere else to live, having random weird adventures in different places where they stop along the way.

I doubt I'll actually get to 50,000, but I guess I wouldn't mind being on one of the word-war team things if any of the teams needs an extra person. Here's my user page thing, same one from last year: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/517740

Actually, it's not November here yet. But the timer on the website is ticking! WHAT SHOULD I DO D:

*runs around in panicked circles some more*

Don't talk about slow timezones to me, unless you live in Alaska or that random bit of Canada that's right under Alaska or something.

But what's cool is that I decided to combine my two different plot-ideas for completely different stories together and they perfectly and filled up all the big plot holes! This is the, like, the coolest thing that's ever happened, ever. I'm thinking about throwing a third plot-idea in just for the sake of it.

Going to bed with a bit over 1000 words, and just now realizing that 3333 per day is... a lot :\

Somehow managed to blast out 1637 words in just under two hours, and I'm not even done with the first chapter yet.

Definitely a pretty good start, considering that I hadn't even decided for sure that I was going to do it at all until today. 3000-some words by the end of Monday shouldn't be a problem (though once I get past Chapter 2, I might run into some trouble... that's when Pugh's buddies are going to be introduced, and most of them are just sketches in a notebook somewhere that don't have personalities yet. A couple of them don't even have names yet. XD)

1695. Stopping because my hands are already hurting (fuck you stupid pseudoarthritic oldperson hands) and I still have crap to do. I'd really like to write more than the minimum 1667 words per day because I know it wouldn't take that long, in theory, but I'm probably not going to be able to do that until Thursday Friday because Monday and Tuesday are bad and Wednesdays are really really really bad and argh. I'll hardly be able to write at all on Wednesdays. (oh wait I have jury duty this thursday fffffuuuuu)

must resist urge to complain about how terrible those 1695 words are and remind myself that I can fix it later ugh

(Also, why do the only otherwise-decent NaNoWriMo Firefox personas have to have such terrible font colors D: )

But uh just so this post isn't a huge bitchfest good luck to everyone now that it's started in most places! :D I'm going to go add people to teams and then go to bed. Ffff production team class.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom