• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2010

Almost up to speed! Just spent a couple hours writing about 2000 words. Finally made it out of the forest area, which I thought I was never going to get out of. Now I can introduce a bunch of other characters at last.

Time for me to sleep, then I'll catch up with about 2000 more words.

"NaNoWriMo counter, what is Crazy Linoone's current word count?"
"IT'S OVER 10,000!!!"

Although the plot still hasn't started yet. I was planning to actually get to the plot about three days ago, but my main character spends too much time angsting and argh. I mean, you kind of know what the plot is by now despite all my attempts at being mysterious, but still. WHAT SHOULD I DO :(

Also, I'm stealing ideas that are not mine. Hurr hurr hurr.

Hiikaru is the most adorable! I demand we make you NaNo mascot.

APPROVAL +1

...Yeah I have very few words because I didn't plan out this story enough D:

damn it I should've went with the ones where I actually knew what I was gonna do.

IT'S OK FLORA. Just combine your two story ideas together somehow and make some epic awesome crossover. Or keep on writing until inspiration comes.

You crazy? ... Well, apparently you are Crazy. But yeah I've had to do one battle scene and hrgh it was so slowgoing. Kinda mostly because I of course had to look up on BP for every single move for visual description and then hey, while I was on the internet, might as well check this that and the other... so um :|.

Derp. I just used random non-pokemon moves like punches and attempted to describe lots and lots of blood and one hyper beam. And failed horribly but HEY AT LEAST IT WAS FUN RITE.

Also, I just make up descriptions for pokemon moves so everything's fine derp derp. Although I do spend too much time looking up random pokemon species to stick in my fic.

really awesome writing
What are you talking about this is cool beans. Anita is awesome and is going to be super bad-ass with a spatula. Or a frying pan. Or something.

speaking of chapters I'm probably going to have to cut those down to like six or something considering the length of what I'm calling chapters hurp. speaking of chapters off to finish the first one!! ganbatte, tudo mundo! \o/

NO WORRIES my fic right now is one huge ginormous chunk that isn't even separated into chapters. EDITING IS FOR DECEMBER RITE.

ALSO SINCE I FORGOT TO SAY IT IN THE LAST POST we could definitely use the help, Midnight, although I don't know whether I should add you to Team A because then it would have too many people--I've been trying to balance the distribution. If Team B wouldn't mind taking one of the people who has nothing, though, hint-hint... or if no one else actually cares that the numbers are so far off. That too.

>:| People, start writing or else I'll be kicking your butts all the way to the other side of the world.

This means you, Chaon, if you're still alive. *pokes with cattle-prod* I mean at least Flora posted to say that she's alive.

On a side note, I love how we're only six-seven days in and this thread is already almost as long as the last two years' were by December.

Kratos's milkshakes be bringing all them TCoDers to the yard.

KEEP ON WRITING EVERYONE! YOU CAN DO THIS! IF I'M NOT FAILING, THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE, TOO!

Also, horrible excerpt that nobody will read:

7:21, the hoot-hoot clock said, glowing softly in the gloom.

So he still had the better part of five hours. Tom settled down in front of his table and, flicking on the lights, started on his homework.

“— just stay there?! After what happened?” The noise was rising; his mother was screaming now, her hysterical cries trying to overpower his grandfather’s ranting, but to no avail.

“— it’s not his problem — the League — “

“— it’s always the League with you, isn’t it?! Can’t you just —“

Tom turned back to his homework, trying to focus on the fundamentals of pokemon handling. A sound of something heavy slamming against a table vibrated through the room, and Tom nearly dropped his pencil. The house fell into a deep silence, the only sound being the buzzing of the television. His father’s up. Tom peered at the clock – 7:27 – and sighed, tapping his pencil against the book. Psychic pokemon are extremely sensitive to emotion; Ralts, for example, have been known to only appear to humans thinking positive thoughts and are known to teleport away the minute they sense hostility. Extended studies show that...

A low murmur started in the living room, his father saying something too soft for Tom to hear. It was followed by another stretch of silence – Tom silently prayed for the argument to end right here, and everyone could go back to their rooms and spend their night in peace, but of course his wish wouldn’t be granted. It simply wasn’t in the routine.

Please ignore all idiom mistakes and horrible grammar (don't talk to be about the tenses. Pretend I'm time traveling, ok?) and the even more horribly horrible horribleness of the word choice and the ridiculous sentence structures and all the other crap. :(

Grrr. This had completely slipped my mind and I had completely forgotten about NaNoWriMo. Should I start a little late or wait until next year? I've been thinking of a Haruhi-Yotsuba crossover for my own amusement.

i'm doing terribly. :( went to see a concert yesterday and the school play Friday night so that... cost me. and my chemistry teacher decided to assign a retarded amt of homework...

Awww, you guys are the best too. :D

Yayyyy 2048 yesterday, and finally getting ready to go to bed with 2379 for today. Posting now instead of later like usual before the numbers change: I currently stand at a hefty 14196, so far as I can see second only to Arylett! Go, Arylett!

Also, bonus accomplishments: First real story switching viewpoints between chapters, and two lengthy descriptions of shapeshifting after spending some time in the living room complaining that no one ever described it and I had no idea how to even begin. I put some stuff in the microwave and in a flash of inspiration suddenly made up a dead-line of one minute, thirty seconds while it was cooking, dashed back to my laptop, and wrote the first words that came to mind. Yayyyy. And wrote the rest of my fifteen hundred word English essay, which is obviously worth something in light of all this crazy story writing I've been doing.

...Annnd I backed up my novel. I hadn't even thought of doing that, so, Phantom, at least your experience brought awareness to our community, even if it was a terrible loss. Are you still allowed to count those words? You should be. Stay strong. ...Save more often.

I personally save literally seconds apart for the entire time I'm writing, so the option is frequently greyed out when I try. It's become some kind of tic by now, I think. I can't help it.

I kind of wish I could say it's the longest I've ever written, but that's going to take a lot of effort to live up to. Still, all of you guys who are hitting new records are super awesome! Congratulations on being super awesome so far!

Flora: We know you're out there (unlike Chaon who... doesn't seem to have signed on? Maybe they're offline for writing), and everyone is rooting for you! Go! Write a handful of words for the team!

(also as an unrelated party I think it's totally fair for Midnight to join Team A. If the zeroes suddenly go crazy with words, well, think about it when it happens!)

Go, go go, you guys! You're all the best! :D

Grrr. This had completely slipped my mind and I had completely forgotten about NaNoWriMo. Should I start a little late or wait until next year? I've been thinking of a Haruhi-Yotsuba crossover for my own amusement.

Start start start! What's the worst that could happen? You don't make it to winner status this year? Just pretend you had seven extra days of work and stick a gold star to your forehead at the end. It's still good practice, and you'll still get a lot done you wouldn't have otherwise! And a gold star you wouldn't have otherwise.

i'm doing terribly. :( went to see a concert yesterday and the school play Friday night so that... cost me. and my chemistry teacher decided to assign a retarded amt of homework...

Keep going! You can write 10k in a single day without even working for a lot of the time, and you still haven't passed Thanksgiving break yet! One hundred thousand is definitely still doable for you.

Goooo, everyone! :D

Last edited:
Midnight should join us and then we should steal Negrek and Cirrus from the other two teams and be Team Modforce. (with some, uh, other people.)

Yesss. Trade Cirrus for ECM and Negrek for Superbird? It's like fantasy football teams!! Except less actiony.

Still need another 400 today to meet my 'to be on track' number, but at least I'm meant to end on December 10th today!! If I keep this up, I should be on track by the end of next week! GOOOOO WRITING WOO

doremichite3.gif

GO TEAM

Tailsy you're the gif master where you at.

DO YOU NEED MORE MOTIVATION? ARE YOU WRITING LIKE THIS RECENTLY?
2gxo9xc.jpg

THEN WE'LL GET FUCKIN MOTIVATED.
5aoq9z.jpg

NOW I KNOW YOU'RE ALL
11vs2zm.jpg

WHAT DA FUCK YOU ON BITCH

BUT WE CAN DO IT! YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE YOU'RE COOL LIKE THIS GUY
1127ci8.jpg

MHMMMM

Uhwhat. I just wrote 1400ish words. I don't care if that doesn't even match 1667, I'm really proud that I actually managed to make myself write. There may be more to come today, too~

Well I'm done for today.You know, the funnest thing about this entire thing so far is seeing the stupidity of Microsoft Word's grammar-check. I swear, 9/10 times it's absolutely horrible grammar that they're recommending for my perfect grammar. *sigh* Microsoft needs to program their programs better =P.

Ooh, could I also be added to one of the teams? :]

I've also gotten behind. D: I didn't feel like doing anything yesterday, so I didn't. Now today I'm making up for that, but I'm still behind 2000 words. At least I had a sudden jolt of inspiration and I started writing like no other. I'm also starting to like my characters more and more, especially my main male character, who is like the "older brother" figure. Partly because of this cheesy moment:

Stepping over to me, Ashton put his hands on my face, pressing the ends on my lips upwards toward my cheeks. “It seems we both have some family ties that are going to haunt us. But for now, cheer up and smile, kid,” he said in the most serious way.

Now I'm super pumped and ready for more writing. WE CAN DO THIS! :]

I only have about 1500 words to catch up to today's 11667 goal. But I. CAN. DO. THIS. I feel great because I just finished my dreadful essay (should I count the 450 words? hmmm...) and can stay up all night long to do this because I don't have to wake up until 7 tomorrow. Fuck yeah, man.

"NaNoWriMo counter, what is Crazy Linoone's current word count?"
"IT'S OVER 10,000!!!"

My feelings exactly when I hit 10k.

MidnightSaboteur said:
Trade Cirrus for ECM and Negrek for Superbird?

... Not quite sure how to take this.

Also. Dear Hiikaru: Can you make miniature versions of yourself that switch on and off and cheer adorable, inspirational things concerning NaNoWriMo in a somewhat fangirly voice? I'd pay almost any amount of money for it.

I wrote for hours to day, including a rambling monologue about serial killers...

AND I DIDN'T EVEN REACH 6000

GARFLEARFLEARFLEARFLE

FUCK'S SAKE

RAAAAAAH

FUCK WANK BUGGER SHITTING ARSE HEAD AND HOLE

I am not a happy Fluffyhead.

At least I have Thursday off, I guess.

I am running out of plot points I can think of to write. :( On the plus side, I'm about 60 words off from 10k.

Up to 12,324 words now. Apparently the NaNoWriMo site hasn't gone back to normal time yet (or there's a setting for it on the site somewhere that I forgot to change last night), so my wordcount for today ended up being late thanks to the last hundred words or so not going in until after 11:00. Of course, that means I'll have a bit of a head-start when I start writing for tomorrow, so it's not entirely a bad thing. XD

And finally... an excerpt from the stuff I just wrote, since I seem to be one of the few who hasn't posted one here yet:

"So," Rhombus spoke up about a minute later, "When are we going to go meet the neighbors?"

"Hmm... good question," Pugh said. "I think I just found a map of the area that has the place marked, so... how about right now?"

Everyone strapped themselves back in, and soon the Bloodmobile was rolling off down the road once again. This time, it wasn't such a long drive--just one mile down the highway, Pugh made a right turn onto an unmarked road leading into a forested area. Before too long, the freshly-paved road gave way to an older one; another mile or so down the road, even that asphault was gone, replaced by loosely-packed gravel. By the time they reached their destination, the road was little more than a dirt path with trees leaning in close on either side, barely giving the Bloodmobile enough room to move.

In a clearing just about a hundred feet down the road, shaded by the older and taller trees that rose high above the ground, were three run-down old trailers propped up on cinderblocks. The grass around them looked like it hadn't been trimmed at all in months, if not years; occasionally part of an old appliance or a broken children's toy could be seen poking up between the tall green blades, but for the most part it was impossible to tell what might be lying hidden in the yard. The only thing clearly visible above the grass was a scarecrow, shaped roughly like a human body but with X'ed-out eyes and various rips and tears in its clothing. Hanging around its neck was a sign clearly labeled "NO TRESSPASSING."

"Uh... I dunno... I don't think I like the look of this place," Steve said, almost shivering at the sight of the apparently-strangled scarecrow.

"Not exactly the most welcoming," Zamboni mumbled, glancing around the yard as the Bloodmobile rolled to a stop just short of the disturbing scarecrow. "But who knows? Maybe they're just getting too old to keep the place cleaned up like they used to."

"Something tells me that's not too likely," Crurotarsi said. "Probably the whole 'sign choking the scarecrow with X'ed-out eyes' thing. Kinda hard to do that by accident."

Yeah, everyone but Steve has really weird names. There is one more character in the group (who just happened to not have any lines in this chunk of text); going along with the weird-names pattern, he's named Elvis... which actually isn't nearly as weird as "Pugh," "Rhombus," "Zamboni," or especially "Crurotarsi," but is still a pretty weird name compared to "Steve."

Last edited:

<midnight> DUDE 10k wat
* midnight highfive midnight
* surskitty ^5 midnight
<midnight> I was not expecting that :O and like these guys in the thread are like "I never made it past 10k" and I've never done this before and /tiny happy dance

... And if I grind out 1k more I can beat like five of my buddies! >D At least for now.

tumblr_l8bksgUmIu1qaf4rn.gif
tumblr_l6c879KCJN1qcq1evo1_400.gif
tumblr_l8bj9pU3wW1qaf4rn.gif

wait how'd that one get in there

Well I'm done for today.You know, the funnest thing about this entire thing so far is seeing the stupidity of Microsoft Word's grammar-check. I swear, 9/10 times it's absolutely horrible grammar that they're recommending for my perfect grammar. *sigh* Microsoft needs to program their programs better =P.

Or you could, you know, not use Microsoft Word.

Two-oh, two-seven words for today! Two thousand fifteen. For a total of 16226. Now I can go to bed and not get enough sleep! Yayyyy. (But I stayed up to make this post for you guys because who needs sleep?)

@People who are behind: You can still do it! Lots of people get behind and then do some serious catching up over weekends and breaks! Remember that you're the best for trying no matter what!

@surskitty and Tailsy: :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

@Midnight: You can do it!!! You weren't even planning to do NaNoWriMo and now you are and you're doing a super good job with it! Go go go go go!

Also. Dear Hiikaru: Can you make miniature versions of yourself that switch on and off and cheer adorable, inspirational things concerning NaNoWriMo in a somewhat fangirly voice? I'd pay almost any amount of money for it.

Um! I am not planning to split into miniatures just now, but, thanks, I think! (pretend that someone is cheering you on all the time)

Yayayayayayayayay! You guys can do it! :D

Ah! I need to GET GOING. Thanks, Hiikaru, for the encouragement! I shall GO GO GO. I would've written more last night, but I was just mentally dead for some reason and had to stop in the middle of the segment because it was a really important and vital scene and I can't just write a scene like that all headonky. I'm gonna continue now though!

Reached over 10,000 words last night, but didn't update until today. This is the first time I've gotten over 10,000 words in a decent amount of time for NaNo. Last year I got to 10,000 words towards the end of the month. I'm really thinking I can make it to 50,000 this year. :D

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm like three days behind but I am trying to fix it and maybe it will be fixed by tonight! I hope so because I've not written in three days and I'd like to be able to go to Pottersoc tomorrow night ; ;

TO WRITING!

... I'm totally motivating myself with the thought that the sooner I finish chapter six, the sooner the gaying starts. :D

Back
Top Bottom