• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nightmare Mafia

Well. That's, um, kind of unexpected. She seemed...more innocent than that.

Goes to show those calling for peace are the true heartless ones. I don't suppose Mai would care to defend herself? She called for abstention as well.

((whoops sorry. The 'Nightmare' Alignment is the innocents!! Sounds like I was unclear there. Mafia would be 'Dreamer'.))

<Must I explain this to you?> Turning to the child, the one who had accused it, the Nightmare began its explanation. <We are all Nightmares here, or at least all of the truly innocent ones are. While it may be probable that this was a pure slip, I must beg to differ--assuming you are not a Dreamer than you would know well enough that being one of us becomes you as an innocent. While I remember confusing games on their own, remembering whether you are for the general populace's destruction is a rather intuive thing. Forgetting your own alignment is a bit much to believe, and if you recall your alignment then piecing together the name of your alignment is not too difficult.

And, on top of that, you began with an accusation; several. "Seems almost primal?" Well, while I do despise my other half it is unlikely that this was meant genuinely. Next you had accused Newton, admittedly on causes of silence, but when their alignment flipped today it seems that their quiet was not due to intent to harm. And, as you could see, they had spoken--rather softly, the girl should have spoken up more--just a short while earlier. And afterward you accused Metallica Fanboy (however, I will give you the dues of not starting the lynch); generally regarded as experienced; can be quite helpful; most likely a bomb or unsafe to kill as a Dreamer. We had little leads other than inactivity, however when there were others I must wonder.

Mistaken votes are often; however I feel that this may not be one. Defend yourself, ole_schooler.>

((Wow I'm terrible at this. Oh well.))

Would you rather do nothing, and abstain? Fine, suspect me if you must, but I would call on those that do nothing, on those that claim their goals are "amoral" and "just," and call them out as the Dreamers here. You claim to hate your other half, Mai, but take no move against them. I even offer you an opening, and you repay me with suspicion? Remind me not to help you out again, Dreamer.

And by "innocent," I meant I thought Newton was a Dreamer, and against us. What kind of terror can you raise by being unable to move? I was surprised by her Nightmare status. A poor move on the Dreamer's part, as had they killed someone else, I would still have called for her death, and they would be one more step ahead.

GONE! MY SMILE, MY SMILE! WHY?!

Must they take everything? ALONE! ALONE! ALONE! I failed in my revenge! I failed!

She sat outside the group of Nightmares that crowded the newest catastrophe. Her mind buzzing. The one true thing keeping her steady was gone. Now she was nothing, useless. Not that she'd been useful in the first place. Now, with her other half gone, she was nothing. Literally half of what she was.

Now they all point fingers at each other, calling each other 'Dreamer'. Would more death solve this? Is it ever an option? NO! THEY WILL PAY FOR KILLING THEM. PAY WITH THEIR USELESS LIVES!

She listened to the voices chatter away, but one stood out. Accusing ole_schooler of being Dreamer. Mai made sense. At least as much sense can be found in this mess.

Search search search, sort. Analyze. Re-sort. Clues. Hidden. Disregard the rest. There! A string! A train of thought that could lead somewhere, a means to an end! A light in the thicket! "Mawile. Are you the doctor? Do you heal every night?"

"...in a way. You see, I try to save people and sometimes it works, sometimes it fails. It's rather sad."

<By fail, do you mean it is ineffective or deadly? If you're one of the sort with a 50/50 heal or kill, probability does not favor us every time; I believe it's safer not to take unnecessary chances in that situation.>

Spark frowns at the lack of activity.

"S0, what are we d0ing t0day? Are we Abstaining? Lynching? This is really getting rather b0ring with0ut anything g0ing 0n."

((whups))

The night is coming quickly, the fat, shining moon in the Nightmare rising. There is a hasty vote, and then a name comes up - Twofold Malice will die tonight. Two figures loom up over the small Nightmare - Gehangte and the Barbed Wire Seraph's metal extensions creak to life, ready to hold the Nightmare down to present him to the coreof their world for judgment. The Seraph lashes out with his steel wings, binding the arms and writhing tentacles of the condemned behind his back, while the massive clawed spider legs of Gehangte carried him at the head of the gruesome parade of remaining Nightmares.

He was carried through the broken landscape, all the while smirking. He may not have won, but they would see.

Soon enough, they reached the Hart, the being revered by the Nightmares as their creator, the source of the dark power that helped them rise. Not so much a creature as a fixture of the landscape, the Hart was a twisted pillar of flesh, bones protruding like branches and a great mass of spiked tentacles curled at the base. The massive skull of an ancient stag with massive, curling antlers serves as a 'face' of sorts, eye sockets spewing smoke.

Twofold Malice was presented to the beast, who twitched with anticipation for the kill.

He turned to the others.

"So this is what I get." he said, steadily, though for once uncertainty, almost fear was creeping into that normally arrogant voice. "I try to protect you, flush out the intruders, and you choose to kill me. Do you just hate my honesty? Hate me for calling every single one of you sods out? Whatever." he spit, "I'm not the one who needs saving. I'm fine. The rest of you lot can stay here and rot in your own sorrows for all I care." He went silent, his frame shaking slightly, but he faced the beast with a steely expression.

The Hart's tentacles shivered and rose, wrapping about Twofold Malice, squeezing him tight to the flesh of the pillar, blood pooling at the base of the pillar. His screams were muffled by the pulsing flesh, but were still enough to make even the spider-legged Gehangte cringe. When the beast was done, it dropped the now-lifeless body, broken and bloody, before going still except for the smoke from its eyes.

Twofold Malice (ole_schooler) is dead. He was Nightmare (Innocent) - Aligned. You have 24 Hours for Night Actions.

Back
Top Bottom