• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nintendo or Sony?

Nintendo or Sony?

• Nintendo

Votes: 46 64.8%
  • Sony

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • I like them both

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
I'm saying Nintendo because I love my DS to itty bitty pieces. Nearly all my favourite games are available on the DS (or GBA, so yeah), and while a few games on the 360 and PS3 have interested me, they haven't made-me-willing-to-fork-out-£250+ interested me.

PC gamer here.

I'd totally root for 3D Realms, but they have to release Duke Nukem Forever first. Come on guys, it's been over 10 years now...

Sony. I've been brought up with a Playstation (spyro, crash bandicoot, etc) and I've really only ever liked Nintendo because of pokemon.

Oh, yes, download a bunch of games that were already on systems long ago, probably rereleased earlier as part as a collection, all for the sake of playing them on a controller that tries to offer the nostalgia of playing the game way back.

Most people don't have older systems that work or the money to buy them AND the games. Plus we can get many Japanese only games and original Wiiware games.

So, uh, what else can Nintendo Wi-Fi do? Hm, that's all, huh? Sad. XBox Live offers live streaming game play videos from IGN, is partnered with Netflix for delivering movies via 360, has cooperation from many TV stations for offering episodes of popular shows that actually don't suck, allows for trial games to be downloaded for any game before you actually buy it so you know if it's to your liking rather than being a shot in the dark (And I mean both downloadable games AND retail games), allows for stable online play, supports Windows Live Messenger, allows for voice mail to be sent to friends, actually allows you to communicate to other players during a game, and overall is just better.

Why in hell would anyone want to watch movies and tv shows or send people messages using a game system is very confusing to me. Most people have computers with internet and telephones, so you can message them that way. Many people also have great television services, so you don't need TV stations or netflix to send you shows and movies anyways.

Any deep game on the Wii could easily have been played with a regular game controller. Hell, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, as easier as it is to use the Wiimote to aim, allows the player to switch to either the Classic Controller or a Gamecube controller.

Did you even finish reading what I said? I pointed out that the motion controls from 3rd party developers needed working on and that many games feature use of the Gamecube or Classic Controller.

So basically the Xbox is better JUST because it can do the EXACT same things a reliable computer can? That right there is sad.

Most people don't have older systems that work or the money to buy them AND the games. Plus we can get many Japanese only games and original Wiiware games.
That's pretty big of you, speaking for "most people." I do agree that the Virtual Console is a great idea, but it is also getting little third-party support, and at the moment I believe the Xbox Live Arcade has stronger, more appealing titles.

Why in hell would anyone want to watch movies and tv shows or send people messages using a game system is very confusing to me. Most people have computers with internet and telephones, so you can message them that way. Many people also have great television services, so you don't need TV stations or netflix to send you shows and movies anyways.
You know, it's really great to be sitting down in front of your TV, playing against three of your best friends while discussing whatever happens to be on your mind. Yes, people don't need any of this - however, it is good to have and can add a lot of depth to the multiplayer experience.

So basically the Xbox is better JUST because it can do the EXACT same things a reliable computer can? That right there is sad.
As oppose to the Wii, which can... play games, get the news and weather, and let you vote in polls. :V

I voted for both. To tell the truth, I grew up with Sony, and some of their games are just awesome, but over the past few years I've been getting more and more into Nintendo-y things, and now I sort of treat them equally.

This forum is biased.

I say Nintendo. I grew up on Nintendo. The PS3 and 360 are probably fun, but I don't want to dish out the money for something I probably won't use as much.
It's funny, I see people mentioning PS3 games, but I've never heard of most of them. But most people have heard of Mario, Link, Samus...

You know, it's really great to be sitting down in front of your TV, playing against three of your best friends while discussing whatever happens to be on your mind. Yes, people don't need any of this - however, it is good to have and can add a lot of depth to the multiplayer experience.

Yes. I wish the Wii had this, but they only have it for Animal Crossing and its own separate channel.

And the Nintendo Channel has many of the things people were talking about, like game preview videos and demos. I'm pretty sure the demos are only for the DS, though. :/

Last edited:
Nintendo forever. <3~

I just love my DS so much it hurts, the GameCube supplys me with my Shadow the Hedgehog gaming obsession, and the Wii is absolutely GREAT exercise.

The Wii is basicly my fantasy - come - true of exercising, seeing as I'll never bother with anything that's outside of gaming or the computer.

'Sides, I do love my gold old dose of PMD once and a while...

And also, PSP/PS/PS2/PS3 are very expensive where I live, as much as six hundred fucking dollars.

Xbox 360s (seeing as it was somehow sucked into the topic) are 400-500 here.

Wiis here are 150-250. DSes are less.

The games for the Wii are damn expensive, though. FIFTY DOLLARS FOR SONIC UNLEASHED... OSHI--

However, I got my Wii for free from santa but meh.

I, myself, don't care about graphics, although it is nice to play with good ones(I'm looking at you, Animal Crossing with your balloon heads... Oh and you too, Pokémon Dimond and Pearl! With your 2-D sprites in a 3-D world with your head hurtiness...).

In all, Nintedno>Microsoft>Sony.

You've severely missed out.

The 360 has great games like the last Katamari game which i can't remember the name of, and the PS3 still has the Buzz series.

On the other end we have Halo, Gears of War and Red Alert 3 while the PS3 has the WipeOut series, Resistance, and Farcry.

The only reason the Wii is "winning" is because it releases one-hit wonders. The only real reason I bought a DS is because of Pokemon, Golden Sun and Phoenix Wright. Everything else is just as crappy as Hannah Montana merchandise.

I... can't say naming random games and saying they're good is about to make me particularly regret not having them. :/ If you're looking for a video game, then yeah, you want the best games available - but I'm not a gamer and I don't look for video games in general. I'm just a fan of a couple of series who will look for those games and that's about it. I have better things to spend my time on than buying video games just because they're good, what with having a website to maintain, a bunch of fanfics to write and a boyfriend to cuddle with.

See, if we ignore the fact that I am legendarily bad at anything real-time, I could theoretically enjoy the games you mentioned if I did get them and play them, but at the moment I have absolutely no motive to do so in the first place. I don't collect video games and really only have the time to play them when it's on my DS and I can have it on the side while on the computer. If you kidnapped me, placed me in a room with one of those games and made me play it, I could end up getting hooked (though I have to doubt it), but I can't say I want to get hooked on more silly distractions to get in the way of my writing and webmastering.

Yes, hmm, great Japanese-only games that didn't even get much work done on them for localizing. Oh, gee, look, Cho Aniki! Obviously a great game since it never came to America! And I have to pay more for them? Pass.

Most Wiiware games that are actually good are on the PC as well. Well, save for Lost Winds, I'll give you that.

XBox Live Silver Memberships get quite a bit for not paying anything for online. The most that happens with Gold is the ability to play online against others.

And fuck television stations. Say there's an episode of House I want to see, but I can't because Fox is already past that episode. So, what can I do? I could always buy the box set, but for that price... And all I want is that episode. So, what do I do? Oh, hey, it's on XBox Live. Download, watch, happy Valor.

And, uh, tell me, just how many people are subscribed to Netflix? Quite a bit if I recall.

Did you even finish reading what I said? I pointed out that the motion controls from 3rd party developers needed working on and that many games feature use of the Gamecube or Classic Controller.

Third party? What about the redundant scheme for Twilight Princess? Seems like it worked fine on a Gamecube controller. And why are they re-releasing Gamecube games onto the Wii with Wiimote controls? It's like they're not even trying to make money.

The only game that really used the Wiimote correctly from what I've played was Metroid Prime 3, and at least Nintendo is re-releasing the Prime series with Wiimote controls. They're doing SOMETHING right.

As Furret just pointed out, the Wii doesn't really do that much compared to the other systems. OH HEY GUYS I JUST VOTED IN A POLL. NOW I'M WATCHING NINTENDO PROPAGANDA. Lame.

I like having the 360 act as a second computer, thank you. I have quite a few CDs stored on there for music when playing some UMK3. I'm also able to keep up with season 8 of Scrubs since I seem to be asleep when the episodes show on ABC. I don't have a fancy TiVo or whatever, I am not recording on some shitty video cassette on our old VHS recorder, and our DVD recorder is a load of crap. Oh, hey, which option am I going to choose?

... Have I even STARTED on the games for the 360 yet? Whoh, I may have to do that soon.

I grew up a Nintendo girl, but I have respect for Sony too, (read: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Final Fantasy, DDR, etc.)

Nintendo. I've played my SNES regularly since age 3, and Sony doesn't really have much going for me. Final Fantasy was generally more enjoyable for me on the Nintendo consoles, and most series I play are Nintendo-only. Also, Summon Nights 1 and 2 were fairly recently re-released on DS so there goes the biggest draw of the PSX to me. There are a few good PS2 games, but there are also a few good Gamecube games.

Typical Nintendo vs Sony topic. You kids should have been alive for the great Nintendo vs. Sega days.
omg this
I was still really young but I do remember it lmao

also OP, if you're in a Ninty vs Sony debate, don't mention the DSi oh god

as for me, I am neutral
I like games from both
but if we're talking consoles... actually no I'm still neutral

Ah, yes, the Genesis (or Mega Drive) vs the SNES...those were the days. I was pretty much raised on the Genesis and a steady diet of Sonic 2 and Mortal Kombat and never owned an SNES in my entire life, but looking back I will admit that, though both were great, the SNES was probably the superior console.

There have been games on the Playstation 2 that I've wanted to play, but I've never had the system so I can't judge fairly. I've only ever had the PC and Nintendo so I'm not going to say here and now what I think without even playing the games.

before, i probably would have said nintendo. now, though, i'd go sony.

i agree with butterfree, though; i'm not a collector. there are a few series i collect - in my case persona, xenosaga and most nippon ichi - and i have a ps2 to play games from those series.

i don't use my wii a lot, but it has some certainly commendable games on it, including mario galaxy, no more heroes, and zack and wiki. there are a few other games i'll likely seek out after some time, like trauma center or the new tales of symphonia, but i still prefer my ps2. admittedly, i don't actually have a ps3 and i probably won't get one until the price drops significantly, but i have a few games i would like to get for it when i finally get one.

Last edited:
I'm very baised, considering the only video games I pay are Pokemon, Kirby, and SSB, but here are my oppinions that have already been stated:
Any deep game on the Wii could easily have been played with a regular game controller.
True.

I'm saying Nintendo because I love my DS to itty bitty pieces. Nearly all my favourite games are available on the DS (or GBA, so yeah), and while a few games on the 360 and PS3 have interested me, they haven't made-me-willing-to-fork-out-£250+ interested me.
This, and that the PSP has only a very little amount of games that I've seen.
I prefer Nintendo consoles like DS and Wii because a lot of the games I like are Nintendo-console exclusive.
Same here.
Why would anyone want to watch movies and tv shows or send people messages using a game system is very confusing to me. Most people have computers with internet and telephones, so you can message them that way. Many people also have great television services, so you don't need TV stations or netflix to send you shows and movies anyways.
Agreed. I use the computer for half of these, and I honestly don't care about Netflix or any movies much.
Nintendo forever. <3~

I just love my DS so much it hurts, the GameCube supplys me with my Shadow the Hedgehog gaming obsession, and the Wii is absolutely GREAT exercise.

The Wii is basicly my fantasy - come - true of exercising, seeing as I'll never bother with anything that's outside of gaming or the computer.

'Sides, I do love my gold old dose of PMD once and a while...

The games for the Wii are damn expensive, though. FIFTY DOLLARS FOR SONIC UNLEASHED... OSHI--

However, I got my Wii for free from santa but meh.

I, myself, don't care about graphics, although it is nice to play with good ones(I'm looking at you, Animal Crossing with your balloon heads... Oh and you too, Pokémon Dimond and Pearl! With your 2-D sprites in a 3-D world with your head hurtiness...).

In all, Nintedno>Microsoft>Sony.

My dad bought a Wii the month before Christmas, even though we probably would've gotten one for Christmas anyway. My dad can be very impatient sometimes. And about the exercise part: YES. Boxing gives me so much exercise I sweat.

Back
Top Bottom