• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nonsensical, Contradictory and/or Stupid Things in Video Games

Well...I'll check it out. I haven't played New Super Mario Bros. in a while. But still, did ya read the link?

And Guitar Hero, the guitar setting on fire...

That was Hendrix. It's been around before Guitar Hero and frankly all the mainstream guitarists are too pussy to do it because of safety.

Anyway, MGS. Lotions heal everything. Even AK-47 wounds. Hell, water heals everything. If only...

As Danni mentioned, weapons. Take Yuffie in FFVII. Once you recruit her, every store in the world gets upgrades for a giant shurikenthingie, but no shields. Yaay.

Oh, and bags. Imagine Lucas/Red/Gold/Brendan with 99 Hyper Potions, 99 of each and every berry in the region, over 79 discs and a freaking bike, and they can still run the whole of Victory Road. I'm surprised they can even stand.

Pre-Legend Lara Croft. She must have a ramrod on her spine; anyone else would break like a twig if they had those.

Female armor. How can a piece of cloth offer protection from a sword?! I'm looking at Tifa and the rest of the Final Fantasy ladies here. At least Hilde from Soucalibur wears proper armor.

At least the bag thing was somewhat sensible in the previous 3 gens with a limit for the items you can carry. In Gen. 4 the bag was upgraded so that "you will never run out of space." I'm guessing those things are made with the same tech as the Pokeballs, only in a convient cloth-like material that can be molded to just about anything. Makes sense in the world of pokemon.

Oh, I just remembered some SSB-related things:

Why do Waddle Dees stay the same size when you play tiny brawl?
Why doesn't the Pokemon Trainer shrink in tiny brawl?
How many Waddle Dees does D3 have up his sleeve, anways?
Rayquaza seemed to live in the water, but his dex entries suggest the opposite.

At least the bag thing was somewhat sensible in the previous 3 gens with a limit for the items you can carry. In Gen. 4 the bag was upgraded so that "you will never run out of space." I'm guessing those things are made with the same tech as the Pokeballs, only in a convient cloth-like material that can be molded to just about anything. Makes sense in the world of pokemon.

Spiritomb weighs loads and yet you can carry as many odd keystones as you can find.

Just how do those cute star guys eat those jewels?

And how does a castle get taken into space?

Why do they treat gems falling out of the sky (would be dangerous) every 100 years a happy occasion?

Just how do those cute star guys eat those jewels?
You're talking about Galaxy, right?
I assume that Lumas are basically baby stars/planets/galaxies, and the things they eat are 'star bits' so when they transform, 'they are what they eat'? I don't know.

And how does a castle get taken into space?
Magic and space ships.

Why do they treat gems falling out of the sky (would be dangerous) every 100 years a happy occasion?

Because the gems are pretty :D

^Fair enough.

Bet you can't answer this one.

Why is Rosalina heavywieght in MarioKart?

Why is Rosalina heavywieght in MarioKart?

I thought this myself. The conclusion I came to was because she's taller than anyone else and that Luma that floats around is really heavy too. (but it floats!)
I have no idea though.

Speaking of MarioKart Wii.
What the hell is the point of Baby Daisy? Is she in any other games? If she is then fair enough, it's just we have enough babies as it is. Daisy was annoying enough on her own.
I hope we won't get a baby Dry Bones or anything.

Its not because shes tall and the Luma isn't even in the car.

Baby Daisy is completely pointless. Baby Dry Bones wouldn't be that bad, it'd be made of 'ittle sweet awesomeness.

Oh and how does Rosalina fly/float anyway? (magic wand is my guess)
Is she a princess? If so, what's she the princess of? (space is my guess)
What's Daisy the princess of?

Wiki says "Princess Daisy (デイジー姫, Deijī-hime?) is the princess of Sarasaland."

I'll check there before saying anything here.

Hmmm Rosalina doesn't have anything about her there.
I'll search elsewhere.

There's no mention of her being a princess on Mario Wiki.
It doesn't explain her powers much, just that she probably doesn't age as much because of relativity. Although I'm not too sure things like that apply in video games.

On the more hardcore games.

Red Alert 3: Parachuting bears in armor dropping from zeppelins. What else is there to say?

In Animal Crossing:Wild World(and probably City Folk, too), tires and tin cans are shaped the same as fish in the water. Well, actually, everything is shaped like a fish in the water. I mean, yeah, if a tire was shaped like a tire, you wouldn't try to catch it, but jelly fish, flounder and other things are also shaped like the standard egg-with-triangle-at-the-point fish. A lot of things in Animal Crossing make no sense. Money comes out of trees! How I'd like to actually live in Animal Crossing world if there was an infinate amount of money in the trees. =D

^You gotta watch out for those Bees though. At least the stings disappear when you wake up in the morning.

Why are there no bedrooms in Pokemon apart from the ones you and your rival sleep in? o.o Are they hidden, or does everyone just sleep on the floor or something? Or in their fridge, there seem to be a lot of them...

In pretty much most adventuring games (such as Zelda) there's always some sort of currency in the landscape. Imagine how awesome the real world would be if you could just hit a rock or cut a bush or even shake a tree for money. D:

Why are there no bedrooms in Pokemon apart from the ones you and your rival sleep in? o.o Are they hidden, or does everyone just sleep on the floor or something? Or in their fridge, there seem to be a lot of them...

Also there are lots of buildings with more then one floor but no stairs.

Oh and how does Rosalina fly/float anyway? She can control her own gravity, plus she has the ability of the Luma's
Is she a princess? If so, what's she the princess of? Princess of the Luma's.

Back
Top Bottom