• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nostalgic Games Thread

Pokemon Crystal, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Carmen Sandiego: Secret of the Stolen Drums, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Kirby Air Ride and Hello Kitty Roller Rescue.
also Pokemon Sapphire and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Last edited:
PC: Sim Ant, 3D Dinosaur Adventure, Tomb Raider: Gold Edition, basically all Humongous Entertainment games, a bazillion Disney Animated Storybook games. And like, Kidpix and shit
SNES: The Lion King, Aladdin, Super Mario World, Jungle Strike (goddamn it had such a great but forgotten opening theme) Yoshi's Island
Sega Genesis: Sonic 2, Landstalker
N64: Hey You! Pikachu, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadiums, Yoshi's Story, Super Smash Brothers
Gamecube: Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

GBC: Pokemon RBY, GSC
GBA: Pokemon Sapphire, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

everything after that is kinda past my ~nostalgia zone~

Pokemon Gold.

That it quite literally the only game the five-year old me would play.

Any game Hello-Kitty related, PowerPuff Girls game (I can't recall the title.), and Nintendogs. Specifically Nintendogs: Labrador Retriever.

GBC - Pokémon Yellow was the first Pokémon game I ever played, and yeah, I still love it. Unfortunately I ended up accidently erasing my original game file with the stupid xploder and lost my level 100 Hypno and Pikachu. I should probably start building my team up again sometime.

Super Mario brothers was fun, though I sucked royally at it. I got a friend to beat it for me when I give up in frustration.

Gold and Silver were the absolute best though. Jhoto will always be my favourite generation.

Aaaand the Pokémon TCG was great. I wish they made some sequels, but there was only one and it was only released in Japan.

PS1 - All the Crash Bandicoot games, all the Spyro games.... PS1 was awesome. It's a shame the new Spyro and Crash games suck, but I still love replaying the old ones. Tombi (Tomba in the U.S) was a fave of mine too, it was really creative and fun. The cutscenes were nicely animated.

Last edited:
pokemon crystal omfg i have been trying to get to play it again for ages but there's been 9000 things stopping me (need to buy a new battery for it, can't get the goddamn screw out of the cartridge, can't afford pliers that will get it out etc) so i'm just playing soulsilver now and it's not quite the same :(

the other gbc pokemon games too but i have the best memories of crystal and yellow. yellow was my first ever pokemon game.

all the sonic games for the megadrive. i have them on sonic mega collection and sonic classic collection now but they were the first games i ever played and sometimes i get sad i can't play them on an actual megadrive any more ;_;

and yes agreeing with byrus on the ps1 crash bandicoot and spyro games
I HAVE LOST
SO MANY COPIES
OF SPYRO 3
i lost all my ps1 games at once at some point and i will never ever understand how. maybe they got nicked.

wow apparently i never posted in this thread ?_?

I had a playstation as a kid instead of a nintendo so the most nostalgic games for me are the original spyro and crash games (so bad now :c), rayman, klonoa, pandemonium! (that game was fricking hard) and tekken. I feel so bad for people who have lost their spyro CDs (i fucking treasured mine and i still have them). :C apparently you can find spyro on emulators pretty easily and you can download the soundtrack if you do a bit of googling!

pokemon gold and silver are also really really nostalgic because that was when i was finally old enough to properly understand what was going on and actually trained all (most) of my pokemon instead of just one. I still didn't pay much attention, though! I accidentally found Suicune in the wild at night and thought i had broken the game for a little while. :o

Back
Top Bottom