• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obama's Inauguration

Vladimir Putin's LJ

your blood flows through my veins
Who's watching it?
I wish I could see it till the end, but I have to go to theatre practice. Watched it till Rick Warren's speech (he's still a dick), will see rest once I come back home.

I'm watching it.
I'm just waiting for something actually to happen. These speeches are a tad boring.

Well, I know a lot of it will me Obama's speech, but that's different.

EDIT:
Damn I missed the actual... thing. D:

I looked away and now he's on his speech already.

Last edited:
You silly Europeans.

I'm watching it now. It's pretty epic. This really means a lot to America, what with having our first black president and finally FINALLY FINALLY having that idiot Bush out of office.

He's not the first black president. He's the 44th president of the United States.

Well, it does mean something. We're talking less than 60 years after the huge Civil Rights Movement and Dr. King, but yeah. He's also the 44th president, and that's what matters in the end.

And you know what? Even if he doesn't deliver in every single thing he says? WHO CARES? It's still a huge step in the right direction for a country that's been in a steady decay over the past 8 years. And it's so freaking nice to have someone who's not preaching doom and gloom and fear every five seconds.

Well, it does mean something. We're talking less than 60 years after the huge Civil Rights Movement and Dr. King, but yeah. He's also the 44th president, and that's what matters in the end.
Civil rights fucking has nothing to do with it. People who celebrate the fact that he's black aren't seeing the larger picture. Did we celebrate the first president with green eyes?

Civil rights fucking has nothing to do with it. People who celebrate the fact that he's black aren't seeing the larger picture. Did we celebrate the first president with green eyes?

I am seeing the larger picture. Geez, I'm not celebrating him because he's black. I'm celebrating him because he's a great person and he's incredibly good for this country.

I am seeing the larger picture. Geez, I'm not celebrating him because he's black. I'm celebrating him because he's a great person and he's incredibly good for this country.
I agree!

But statements like this never cease to annoy me:
This really means a lot to America, what with having our first black president

Yay, Obama already has policy changes in store.

For one, the US is revamping their anti-AIDS campaign in poor African nations, no longer just telling them "Umm...abstinence!" and opting to give them real birth control and access to safe abortions.

Don't really care enough about politics to want to watch it. I'll hear all about it when my mother gets home, so watching it would really just bore me to death twice today. Yay, we're getting a new president, all that really means is someone else to lie to us. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom