• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Objection! (Ace Attorney fan-club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I hear that it's not as absolutely terrible to play T&T before JFA because it's not as closely related or... something.

Not really, Cryssie dear. Although I probably should just go ahead and buy it because I bet you anything as soon as I finally get JFA T&T will magically disappear from store shelves.

The final case of T&T spoils one of the cases in JFA a little. They do a very good job of not spoiling each other, but the case in question is particularly awesome.
But you're right about T&T becoming unavailable as soon as you get JFA. Life's like that X3

3-5-ish spoilers~

Cryssie said:
But Pearl says she's been trying to channel Dahlia constantly since the night of the murder, and that it would only be impossible if the spirit in question was already being channeled. So we need someone capable of channeling, who may feasibly have been doing just that constantly since that night while out of sight somewhere. Pearl's the one finding the line engaged, Misty is also dead, and Morgan (can she even channel?) already asked Pearl to do it for her, so who's keeping that spirit busy? Doesn't sound possible to me if Maya's croaked (you've gotta wonder why Pearl doesn't attempt to channel Maya to find out whether or not she's fine, huh?).

Haha, I remember that bit, except I was convinced that Dahlia wasn't really dead. I'm not quite sure how I came to that conclusion, but I was very dissappointed when I found out that she actually had been executed.

Oh AND you guys post more spoilers discussion about T&T than you do JFA so I am missing more of the conversation than I would if it were JFA. :/

Yeah I played T&T first because I'm awful and it was the only one I could find and I had to play one of the games so y'know, what can you do. I don't think I was spoiled too horribly for any of the other games, maybe a little bit but it's not too big a deal, at least for me. I'd just go ahead and play T&T if I were you, but you could just get JFA off some place on the internet, it isn't too difficult... then again, I still have to get the other games from the internet so I'm kind of a hypocrite but anyway.

Although I did get spoiled for some stuff not because of T&T but because I was reading fanfics, bad Mhals.

I AM SO CLOSE. Right near the end of 3-5! But irony will seize every opportunity it gets to strike. ;;

So regarding Godot's mask, he just said something like "or maybe the batteries ran out." Guess what? MY DS BATTERY CHOSE THAT MOMENT TO DIE ON ME. He... he killed my battery to stop me succeeding in my case against him. ;___;

While I'm here, though, I've gotta say... this truly is a magnificent, epic case. If I was wearing a hat, I would take it off to whoever devised this amazing story with more twists than a bag of fusilli.

...Okay, I can't resist. More spoilery 3-5 thoughts!

It looks like I was totally wrong except for the Maya-channeling-Dahlia thing, whee. I suppose swinging in an arc would look more like flight than falling for that sketch thing, but that it would swing up to land perfectly on the ledge seems unlikely (much like the cloak thing in... 2-3?), and anyway I still say that the figure is on fire. >:(

Also, Godot being the poisoned detective! I never even considered that. I am in shame. D: Still, he's totally awesome (anyone who's been on the brink of death and is totally cool about it instantly gets bonus awesome points - it's one of my rules), even if he's being quite annoyingly stubborn right now.

And Dahlia in the courtroom! I half-suspected that it could be her and not Iris as she began to testify, but I'm not sure I really believed it (I fleetingly consider the weirdest things sometimes). But yes! EVIL SPIRIT DAHLIA. Man, she's evil. Awesome and evil. Speaking of her, I was totally head-desking at everyone's slowness to ask the obvious question of who was channeling her in court, because I would have thought that Phoenix would realise immediately and leap joyfully at the idea.

Question of the moment: if Godot wants to protect Maya, why is he attempting to shed the blame being directed on him when the one who currently stands to take the fall otherwise is Maya?

But yes, such a masterfully-written case. ;; My fan case, if I can even pull it off, will only be about the same length and complexity as 1-2, if that... D:

I've also been meaning to ask... has anyone here tried making their own case yet? :D

but you could just get JFA off some place on the internet, it isn't too difficult...

It's not difficult in theory, but obviously there must be something challenging about it if I haven't done it yet.

Might try making a case sometime, dunno. Sounds interesting, but I honestly don't need any more time-consuming projects right now D:

Also, Godot being the poisoned detective! I never even considered that. I am in shame.

How could you MISS it? Diego's hair is identical only brown and Mia keeps calling him a coffee addict!

How could you MISS it? Diego's hair is identical only brown and Mia keeps calling him a coffee addict!
>:( Well, I figured that it was some of Dahlia's poison in his coffee, but if we were ever shown a glimpse of the poisoned detective it totally slipped my mind what he looked like and I SOMEHOW failed to make the connection! *HEADDESK.*

I already said that I am in shame! Leave me alone. ;;

Of course I played 3-4. ;;

Nrrgh. On reflection, it seems so painfully obvious that I am hideously embarrassed not to have realised. Shame and disgrace. This is not good enough on my part, damn it.

(This sort of intellectual failure really... really... gets to me.)

*pats back* It's ok, Cryssie.

@Phoenix: I bought mine on the internet... Please don't kill me...

Now, for something completely different: Phoenix Wright Cameos!
LuckyStarPWCamo.png

LUCKY STAR!

There's Psyche-Locks somewhere in here. *is too lazy to look for it*

But yes, such a masterfully-written case. ;; My fan case, if I can even pull it off, will only be about the same length and complexity as 1-2, if that... D:

I've also been meaning to ask... has anyone here tried making their own case yet? :D

Head over to the fan-games section ;)

I finished Apollo Justice last night.

And then I went around with a face remniscient of ":O" except on a much larger scale for the rest of the evening.

There are no words.

Okay, I finished 3-5, and
HOLY FREAKING WOW I'M SORRY EDGEY BUT I THINK I LOVE GODOT MORE THAN YOU NOW. <3

Me being my sick and twisted self, this is mostly for two reasons:

1. Godot, unlike Edgeworth, actually is a murderer. You have no idea how disappointed I was in 1-4 to find Edgey didn't actually do it. D:
2. Godot got stabbed in the eye, covered it up with a mask and acted cool for more than twenty-four hours. OH GOD I NEED TO WRITE FANFICTION ABOUT IT NOW.

As for the actual case, I actually figured everything out. Well, actually, I didn't get the drawing being upside-down, but everything after that I saw before it happened. Including Godot being the murderer. I quit playing last night before the final chapter of the case, when pretty much all we knew was that the real murderer was somebody who hadn't been there the next morning, and I spent about fifteen minutes thinking "What how the hell could Pearl be the murderer?" before it suddenly dawned on me that it was him. :3 And then I spent the rest of the evening fangirling about the case to Shadey (I hadn't thought it was that great until exactly that point) and was dreaming about it all night. Fun.

I don't think you're quite getting it. Of course it's obvious that Godot is Diego; it's not as obvious that it was actually Diego who was poisoned. Whatever they said to identify the poisoned lawyer in case 3-1 I had long forgotten by the time 3-4 came along, at least, and 3-4 happens before the poisoning.

But I have to go now, so I'll fangirl more later. D:

Last edited by a moderator:
Butterfree said:
I don't think you're quite getting it. Of course it's obvious that Godot is Diego; it's not as obvious that it was actually Diego who was poisoned. Whatever they said to identify the poisoned lawyer in case 3-1 I had long forgotten by the time 3-4 came along, at least, and 3-4 happens before the poisoning.

Funnily enough, I decided to sneak online using this laptop for the express purpose of clarifying just that, because it suddenly struck me what opal seemed to be thinking here.

opal, did you really think I was quite that stupid? ;;

You know what, I'm going to go and finish off 3-5 right now, because while editing Butterfree's post to fix the broken spoiler tag at the end there I managed to catch a glimpse of "HOLY FREAKING WOW" and suddenly want to know what it is that I'm still missing out on. :(

Last edited:
Isn't 3-5 just plain awesome? :D I stayed up til three in the morning finishing that (and usually I only stay up til around midnight). It is terrific.

Okay, finished. What a case.

So Godot is thoroughly awesome. For Butterfree's reasons, plus that he also bled from the eyes in court (dramatically-used, stylised bleeding... gets me every time). :DDD Not sure that he knocks Edgeworth off his place at the top of my leaderboard of awesome, but I think he might currently be duking it out with Franziska for second place. I need to do a sort of group shot of those three sometime.

:/ It does thoroughly bug me to hear that some people actually figured out the case ahead of time (yeah, you know what I'm like; even I think this stupid intense pride that I have is ridiculous), but that's how the cookie crumbles, I guess.

I'll be starting on Apollo Justice tomorrow, then... *Cracks a whip a couple of times, does a Franziska in-your-face finger point, and declares that she will not be fooled like a foolish fool in this next battle of wits.* >:(

Last edited:
Ok, so about 3-5... After finishing it a while back, it actually wasn't Godot that my liking-for had increased the most (oh god that sentence sucked), but Dahlia. I don't know, but I pretty much hated her through all the cases up until the point in 3-5 where Mia is all telling her how much of a failure she is and how everything she ever tries to do will fail. Hearing that, I immediately felt sorry for her and developed a fascination with her character and I was thinking about why she ended up the way she is, and thinking about it I came to the conclusion that she's a lot like Franziska, just... different due to different situations.

Anyway, that case really did change my opinions of a lot of characters. I'd never really met Edgey before that case, so I discovered that he was awesome, and I liked Godot a lot more, and Dahlia and also Maya, because... I don't know, you see more of her in that case, and she's a bit... more subtle in some ways than you'd think? I don't know.

Man, I love that case so much, I was almost in tears at the end because I'm pathetic like that. :D

Hey, a question: Anybody know when the next two Ace Attorney games are supposed to be released (either in whatever-country-they're-released-first-in-outside-of-Japan or in Japan)? I plan to get the games the day they come out (in the U.S., anyway) because I have a habit of getting things from fandoms I like the day they come out. xD

I'm back for more fangirling about Godot! (Thanks for fixing my spoiler tag, Crystylla; I'm sorry I managed to mess it up but I was in a hurry to catch a bus.)

Okay, so. WHY DID GODOT NOT GET ANY RESOLUTION ARGH? ;_; The last time we saw him was in court! For the entire post-court scene I was WAITING for him to appear and Mia!Pearl to at least give him a hug or something. ;_; HE NEEDED A HUG DAMNIT. FROM HIS KITTEN WITH THE HUGE BOOBS. But he didn't get one. And we didn't even see him in the credits! Am I to understand they just sentenced him to death for murder and locked him up somewhere and he was never seen again? D: I mean, I don't expect he's in Apollo Justice or anything. Must find fanfiction!

...ohgod stop giving me the urge to write about Godot's execution because that would be way too morbid and sad and SHOULD NOT HAPPEN BECAUSE HE IS TOO AWESOME AND HIS SMILE IS TOO SEXY TO DIE. He needs to be immortal or turn into a god or something. D: And now I want to write about Mia!Maya visiting him on death row. And I also want to write about him sitting somewhere all alone in the cold hiding with only a little coffee to keep him warm and the moment he stabs Dahlia!Misty and him carrying Maya and I just want to write his life story in general okay? But I'll never have the time to do that and it would be kind of redundant but I want to do it anyway because I LOVE HIM DAMN IT.

Crystylla said:
Not sure that he knocks Edgeworth off his place at the top of my leaderboard of awesome, but I think he might currently be duking it out with Franziska for second place.
D: I still don't really think I see what's so great about Franziska. All she seems to do is whip people and call them fools. I'd probably love her if they expanded upon her character a bit more because she has so much potential, but... Maybe I just need to read some fanfiction.

Speaking of Franziska,
I could never see Franziska/Adrian as a pairing until the credits now where Adrian randomly announced that Franziska had been giving her whipping lessons. Zomg bondage lesbians! :o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom