• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Objection! (Ace Attorney fan-club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again I find myself surrounded on all sides by your mocking, hateful blocks of spoilertagged text. ;-; But! I went to Gamestop for the Jirachi event about an hour ago, and for once there was actually a copy of Investigations in the store so I have it now. And the dude who rung it up was a PW fan who said he thought it was the best of the series, so while we didn't quite have a conversation as in-depth as Leafpool's it was still pretty awesome!

Now to get reffings and blog posts and other stuff out of the way at mach speed so I can play it! Edgeeeeey.

IN OTHER NEWS:
... why did Shih-na/Calisto murder Faraday again? my best guess is because he and Badd were getting close to figuring out she was part of the smuggling ring but. *confused*
That's right. Keep in mind that they were probably planning to sneak into the Cohdopian embassy, which, as seen in case five, is rife with evidence pointing to the smuggling ring, not to mention the presence of the leader himself inside it and the counterfeit bill printing which, IIRC, wasn't thought to be done in the embassy by then.

Should probably link those under spoiler tags, specially that last one (despite how great great great it is).

I got AAI today. :D

atm i'm at case two, and I'm stuck. I've obtained the photo, I figured that the phone was missing, and I've determined that he wasn't in the elevator alone, but that's it.

Help?

*late*

TO ANYONE WHO HAS NOT PLAYED AAI CASE 3 YET: I found something full of so much lolz that you won't believe how lol-worthy it is. This is a little bonus of sorts, I believe, since you won't come upon it if you don't mope around randomly like I accidentally did. I don't have a screenshot, but this is too cool to pass up. Anyway, my point is that you should go check this out. Don't worry, I won't put any spoilers here~

So. For case three, some long time after you found the body, you'll find yourself getting kicked out of investigating (again) and standing in front of the Wild, Wild West area. The guard in the Blue Badger suit should have been gone already, and Kay should be your partner now. At this point in the game, if you follow the plot, you are supposed to talk to Mr. Amano and Lauren, who are standing in front of the building, but if you keep on walking to the right, you'll find that the guards there are gone. Keep on walking to the next screen and you'll find yourself at the main gate. Then keep on walking to the right until you get to the bridge-thing. Mope around and you'll see what I'm talking about....!

AAI is awesome. There's so many references to the previous games~

@Kam: Usually, when I'm stuck, I check out Logic, since that usually helps...

TO ANYONE WHO HAS NOT PLAYED AAI CASE 3 YET: I found something full of so much lolz that you won't believe how lol-worthy it is. This is a little bonus of sorts, I believe, since you won't come upon it if you don't mope around randomly like I accidentally did. I don't have a screenshot, but this is too cool to pass up. Anyway, my point is that you should go check this out. Don't worry, I won't put any spoilers here~

So. For case three, some long time after you found the body, you'll find yourself getting kicked out of investigating (again) and standing in front of the Wild, Wild West area. The guard in the Blue Badger suit should have been gone already, and Kay should be your partner now. At this point in the game, if you follow the plot, you are supposed to talk to Mr. Amano and Lauren, who are standing in front of the building, but if you keep on walking to the right, you'll find that the guards there are gone. Keep on walking to the next screen and you'll find yourself at the main gate. Then keep on walking to the right until you get to the bridge-thing. Mope around and you'll see what I'm talking about....!

You mean Nick, Maya and Pearl in the boat :3? Haha I missed it when I played through. I'd heard rumours that Nick cameoed in that case (I was expecting him to be a badger, because of the sprites used in the TGS Preview of a badger falling over and losing it's mask and being revealed at Nick. Damn, Capcom are good at stringing us along xD

You mean Nick, Maya and Pearl in the boat :3? Haha I missed it when I played through. I'd heard rumours that Nick cameoed in that case (I was expecting him to be a badger, because of the sprites used in the TGS Preview of a badger falling over and losing it's mask and being revealed as Nick. Damn, Capcom are good at stringing us along xD

YES. I was giggling for the whole day after that.

I think it's just me.

You mean Nick, Maya and Pearl in the boat :3? Haha I missed it when I played through. I'd heard rumours that Nick cameoed in that case (I was expecting him to be a badger, because of the sprites used in the TGS Preview of a badger falling over and losing it's mask and being revealed at Nick. Damn, Capcom are good at stringing us along xD

Guh I missed that as well Dx Dammit, now I have to play through again :J
But yeah, finished it two weeks ago yesterday. Quercus Alba is officially my favourite villain ever. He's like Matt Engarde and Damon Gant had babies and one was really old and looked like some kind of human Shiftry.

Despite loving the game very much in every respect, I do think it overused the "THE MURDER HAPPENED AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION AND/OR TIME FROM WHAT WE THINK IT WAS!" plot twist a bit. In fact I'm pretty sure every case uses it except Turnabout Visitor.

I'm on case 5!

And... I thought it would be safe to go look at the spoiler tags (okay so I actually didn't, but I couldn't help myself D:) and WHAT, CALISTO IS SHIH-NA? ...wow, I really wish I hadn't spoilt myself there >_>

So far everything has been awesome, and Lang is officially one of my favourite Ace Attorney characters ever. My favourite AA moment ever became the scene where he gives one of his guy's a birthday present for the guy's younger brother's wife's younger brother or something equally ridiculous. And how they all march by saying "1! 1! 1!" instead of actual numbers for everyone. "#1 three from the left!" XDD Oh, Lang~~ His music is so awesome and oh my god is he pretty as all hell.

And "Lang Zi says... just get on with it!" XD
And Edgewoooorth! <3

I actually couldn't stop laughing when Edgeworth said "The truth is the one thing I don't bend". Oh, Edgeworth. :'D
I sort of like Kay, I guess. I don't like her design all that much as it reminds me too much of Maya, I would have liked to see a light-haired assistant (lighter-haired than Ema) just for some variety, and for some reason the whole thief-thing reminds me too much of previous games' cases. Probably because when I started "The Kidnapped Turnabout" I had just finished playing "The Stolen Turnabout" in Trials and Tribulations. X3

Last edited:
Yay, Lang love! :D He is awesome. And they should totally have gone with that initial plan of making him permanently shirtless.
He took a bullet to the leg for his subordinate and stayed all cool about it!
And remembering everyone's younger brothers' wives' younger brothers' birthdays is just badass.

Not just his subordinate, but a subordinate that at this time he no longer trusted and was about to arrest anyway, let's not forget. Now that takes balls.

Lang was supposed to go shirtless? Where where where where

Not just his subordinate, but a subordinate that at this time he no longer trusted and was about to arrest anyway, let's not forget. Now that takes balls.

And he did it in the process of saving Kay's life which makes him instantly awesomer than he was before.

This also seems a good time to point out that Lang has one of my favourite wrong-evidence putdowns in the series. "that evidence proves nothing NOW PUT IT AWAY D<".
Bested only by Quercus Alba's more simplistic ""THIS STATEMENT PROVES THE INCONSISTENCY IN YOUR STATEMENT" "no, it doesn't." BOOM".

EDIT: speaking of Kay, what is she actually doing in this animation?
kay-nose(b).gif

it's like, "why are you sniffing your finger Kay
does it smell good
or is your nose runny
Kay would you like a tissue"

Last edited:
Lang was supposed to go shirtless? Where where where where
Shirtless and scarred, if I'm not mistaken.

And am I the only one who thought he was kinda stupid to have taken that shot to the leg? I mean, subordinate or not subordinate, he was playing with the odds in front of a criminal. Who knows what would have happened if his grip on Shih-Na's arms weren't tight enough, or if she was smart enough to try kicking him?

Also, Mike, I totally got the same thoughts from that animation.

Of course it was stupid. Doesn't make him any less ballsy or awesome.

The finger-sniffing is a pretty typical thing for cute animé, etc. characters to do, actually, though I will admit that the reason for this eludes me.

DON'T SNIFF FINGERS, KIDS, IT KILLS

In other news, my brother's birthday is this week and I decided that I'm going to buy him Apollo Justice. Which he will be obligated to let me play seeing as how I let him play all four of my AA games. I'm not going to be left out anymore! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom