• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers

Is there a reference for Kat? And just so Saith doesn't have to go looking, here is Pentimento. Affably evil fits it oddly well.

picture.php

I got really lazy and gave the stalkee short hair. It's either gender, by the way. >.>

I would like to join, as this is an awesome club full of people just like me who draw on every scrap of paper they see!

You seem to want to see your members' personas, but since I don't have one, here is an OC I made that can represent me.http://picasaweb.google.com/104034795617837775344/Manga#5525946903091849682

And I'm currently wondering if I should do something for this meme you are all doing, but I have no clue what TV Tropes is. I'm a bit behind on that sort of thing...

Whoooa, you did that in over an hour? That's impressive as hell. I don't know how long mine is taking me but I'm certain it's more than yours.

Yeah, it's rather quick work for me, not overly detailed or anything so I didn't spend too much time on it. :V

I know everyone's probably caught up with schoolwork, OScars, the meme thing and all other stuff, but I kinda need help on one of my recent drawings:

Here (linked because it's kinda massive and I don't want to stretch the page or make anyone have to scroll heaps)

I've tried redrawing it like a zillion times, looked at different references and tutorials, and even attempted to use my dad as a model but I cannot get that hand right at all!
He's meant to look shocked/surprised so I tried to emphasize his expression (because I suck at those) by giving him a little hand gesture, but I can't make it look natural. Would anyone be able to redline for me? Also any crits on the rest of the picture would be greatly appreciated! :)
I'm just quoting this again because I'd love it if anyone could help me out, I really want to finish this picture and the only thing stopping me is the fact that I cannot draw hands D:

I'll edit this with comments on everyone's pictures they've recently drawn, but I have to get on with the homework i've been putting off first. and here are the comments! :)
@Saith- aah you've drawn Wivit so cutely! I love her pleased expression as she blows up the world, and the moon's "oh noes!" expression. However, I think the front legs are a little bit off, I'm not quite sure if a dog's feet can point in different directions like that.

@Zora of Termina- I think you've achieved the impossible by making a massive killer alien insanely adorable 8D It is a little bit hard to see all the details of Cheatmaster's Sona, but that's probably because of your sketchy style~

@Blastoise- I love the way you've shaded this picture, it's so bright! The colours you've chosen are lovely too. Though I think the picture would be a bit better if you added Mini Moonwalker's body, she looks kinda weird as a floating head (unless you just wanted to draw her head. If that's the case then just ignore everything I've just said.)

@Mawile- Your style is very cute, I like the simplicity of it :) I think you may have forgotten to colour in the stalker's skin though! S/he does look alright with uncoloured skin so it's ok if you choose not to change it.

@Littlestream- Your little character is very cute! A little word of warning though, by the looks of it, you can see the pencils lines from another drawing. Try to make your pencils lines quite light so then when you erase them, you don't see the previous marks :)

@Kai Lucifer- This picture is amusing as hell, it's pretty much how I envisioned a CommieNazi!Zora to look like X) I love your shading style too! I'd give you some crits on the anatomy, but I believe Arylett beat me to the punch~

@Pentimento- Wow, I love the colours used in this! Lineless is quite a hard technique to do, but you've certainly pulled it off. I can't believe this took you an hour to do, it looks like it would have taken days. I envy your speed painting skills :)

Last edited:
@Rai: All right! I'll get to it. The guy's got a big of a big head, disproportionate to the body, first of all. Same with the one hugging him. I'd recommend a few more folds on the clothes if you wanna go for some realisticness. Oh and the huggy person's face is a bit... lacking in the forehead department. Needs more of a forehead. Other than that though, I don't see a whole lot wrong! Good job, you pulled off the actual hugging quite well.

Oh and welcomes to LittleStream! You don't really have to do the meme, I'm not doing it. It's just something everyone's doing right now. Like your character too! Ahaha.

Also, everyone... IT BEGINS. THE OScars ARE RIGHT HERE.

EDITED TO INCLUDE QUICK TIRED COMMENTS:

Pentimento's drawing of FMC's sona is absolutely stunning. I love it, nice colouring and texture. Kai's is also awesome and he knows what I think of it. Mawile's is quite cute. Zorielle's is insane to have this BIG TOUGH ALIEN MAN and then it's like d'awww cuteness. But I love the way she pulled it off. Saith's is... awesomely cute and I love the background, ahaha. Blastoise's has a neat background as well and improvements in shading. Overall, everyone's done quite good, I think!

...Now I'm going to go to bed finally. I'm dead tired. It's like nearly 4 AM here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom