• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoon

Pronoun
she
Drawing is one of my absolute favorite hobbies, and I know there a bunch of you who also enjoy it, let it be oekaking, random scribble you draw on your school work, or traditional artwork. This is also a place where you can display, recieve critism, or enjoy artist's best work. There isn't any requirements other than you enjoy drawing. Feel free to link your art thread and other things related to art!

Also I'm a procasnator, as seen on the previous "Obsessive Scribblers," so someone who would be willing to update and stuff would be welcomed :D

Members​

Arylett Dawnsborough​

Crazy Linoone​

Dannichu​

Darksong
Dark Shocktail

Dewgong​

Eclipse

Flareth​

Frozen Weta
Full Metal Cookies
Kai
Kinova
Kratos Aurion​

Lil' Dwagie

Linzys

OrangeAipom

PichuK

RainbowRayquaza

Salamander
Seritinajii

Spaekle Oddberry

Spoon
Art Thread​

Terry T.

ultraviolet

Vladimir Putin's LJ

Zephyrous Castform

Zora of Termina​

Last edited:
Yay~

It gets much more attention than mine, at least.

May I ask what your favorite drawing subjects are, and are there any particular pieces of art you'd like criticized?

That'd be would be wonderous, if you wouldn't mind.

Edit: 'Ello Zora.

What would be the most difficult object to draw for you?

Also here's a recent picture that I drew; it's a Mightyena lacking the eye markings because I'm lazy x3
Click

Last edited:
The most difficult object for me to draw? Mmm, I'd say straight lines and the sides of faces where the part of the face is cut off, particularly that side of the face itself and the eye.

Procrastinatoress Spoonie, you made this club~ Procrastinatoress President Arylett requests to join!

Here's my art thread which I am always happy to advertise~ I have a DA too, but I never update it as often as my art thread. So shh... don't go there.

Hardest for me to draw: Human faces. Argh, I hate drawing them. They are the spawn of all evil within this word. ;;Rambles;; Yes I know, I have a human face. X3

Last edited:
Yay! Oh, I love this club~

M'kay, art thread here, DA (not updated often) here. Both love attention <3

I like drawing Pokemon (mostly mammilian ones) and humans, mostly small children or these two.

If anyone cares:
I use coloured pencils almost exclusively. Mechanical pencils for sketching and then (if I'm not lazy) Sakura/Berol fineliners to ink and anything from my massive pencil collection to colour them in; I favour Faber-Castell (though they're extremely pricey), WH Smith's own-brand pencils and watercolour pencils (the watercolours are great even though I rarely water them) and I buy rare colours individually from art shops (I've got seven flesh colours and when colouring white people in, I tend to use them all).

I like drawing humans, like I said, but I struggle hugely with hands and feet. I don't draw noses and realistic faces often, but I've had recent sucesses, so I might not be as bad as I thought. I also don't draw backgrounds, which I feel I should do.

Spoon, your pic isn't loading for me (thought I think it's my computer being crap more than the site being screwy), so I'll comment later :3

Can Spaekle come too? :(

I have an art thread but it went far far away. I'm back in school now, and while all of my dreams came true and I DO have an amazing new art teacher, it kinda significantly cuts down on my randomdoodle time. D: I'm working on pictures though. Mostly to show to awesomenewartteacher and be like "ADVICE?". This teacher's going to try to get us into like every single art contest in America, which I suppose is good for a portfolio.

I like to play with media. The one thing I absolutely hate, though, is anything involving cutting and glueing little pieces of paper. Mosaics make me want to hurt myself. >:|

Also I'm bad at realism. I know, I know, it's something I need to put up with and as soon as I've grasped the concepts of it I can do pretty much anything I want, but it's hard, man. :[ I also can't do contour drawings. I can eventually get the realism if I have unlimited time and a lot of patience, but contour drawings make my brain explode. Nevertheless, I still feel spontaneous urges to torture myself for the sake of my artistic improvement and do nothing but realism and contours for a week or so. I guess if I learn from it it's not all bad.

I ramble, by the way.

Hiiii it's Salamander and yay this club is back now I can be inactive again~ Um, I have a dA (Keltena) but not an art thread.

Like to draw? People. Especially the hair. Can't draw for my life? Guys. Legs. Hands. Feet. Faces. You get the idea.

On the subject of criticism... I'm trying to learn how to draw on the computer, and I recently made this attempt to redo one of my old drawings with computer coloring and shading. How did I do? Anyone have any tips?

@Salamander - You did pretty well~ The colours and shading are wonderous. Only problem I can find is the outline, it's sort of jagged. It's not very smooth, I'm afraid.

@Spoonie - Mightyena. Is. Pure. Awesomenocity. I mean, seriously, very nice! A few of the outlines aren't connected, but that's okay, because you can barely notice it~

Oh and I also like to draw um... doggies. Yep, doggies~ Canines, hmm. And birds and reptiles. Don't like humans so much though.

And apparently, I've been told that I colour things well. So uh, I guess I should tell you the "secret" to Arylett's colouring, if you care. I use coloured pencils, Crayolas. Yes, aren't I fancy? I got this big 32 pack and they have served me well~ They were cheap too, so that's only a plus. Cheap and widely available. But anyway, what I do is that I press really hard with them. REALLY hard. It's not murder on my hands, because I'm used to it. Then I use this pen (not a special art pen either, just a random pen) for outlines. And that's it. That's how I colour things, in case anyone cares. The "Arylett Method." X3

Hmmwell Spoon. The Mightyena loaded for me when I took a quick look last night, but it isn't loading right now. Is PWO down or something?

Anyway, it was pretty good, if I recall correctly. The only major issue I think I remember seeing was that the two ears were drastically different sizes.

And Salamander, that's very nice for a first attempt. I'm not the best at digital work myself so I don't know about any "tips" I could give you, but I will say that the lighting on their pants, especially on the guy's, seems a little awkward. Is there a light source pointing directly at their jeans or something? If not, the long, lighter areas directly in the center seem out of place. Also, should you feel like redrawing it again (I know I wouldn't, but that's because I'm lazy and can't draw anything twice to save my life), it'd be more interesting if you could see at least a little of their other legs. :3

Uh um oh yeah I have a dA but I tend to forget about it.

Most of what I draw are dragons and Pokémon, although other stuff might come up for whatever other reasons.

And difficult subject matter... humans, I suppose, but I'm working on them so we'll see what happens.

Hi, Arylett :D I'm glad you're able to join, so are there any particular colour schemes you like to give your characters?

'Ello, Dannichu :3 With drawing do you like to try new subjects?

Welcome Spaekle, and of course you can join? Also, what atanomy would you say that you're best skilled at?

Hiii Salamander~ What type of art do you prefer drawing?

Um, the entire scribble oekaki was cleared due to problems, so the picture is nonexistent D:

Thank you, and I'll try to prevent that the next time I draw Mightyena, which is actually pretty soon :D

With drawing do you like to try new subjects?

Like to, no. Should, yes :3

I have a tendancy to just not draw things I know I'm bad at - I'm horrendous at structures like buildings or rooms; I just can't draw straight lines and have no sense of perspective - so I'll never improve. I love it when I try something new and it comes out well, though.

Shame about your picture D:

Hmm, the anatomy I'm best skilled at? I'd say the human head/face. The rest of the human body is very hit-or-miss for me. Sometimes I can get it pretty well (usually when I use tons of references) and other days it just doesn't happen. :( And I pretty much need a reference to draw any other creature. References are good in any situation though.

Working on something in PhotoShop now, and I like how it's turning out. :D

I should use refs more D: I use them for hands and occasionally as inspiration for human poses, but never for anything else, like Pokemon or animals.

This is a collection of refs for all kinda of stuff by one of my favourite DA people~

Hi, Arylett :D I'm glad you're able to join, so are there any particular colour schemes you like to give your characters?

Thank you, and I'll try to prevent that the next time I draw Mightyena, which is actually pretty soon :D

Well, why wouldn't I be able to join? Would something prevent me? Oh right, the procrastination. X3

Colour schemes? Hum... Well, I like black and white. And let's see what else~ I usually put red with black and blue with green. But that's all I can think of~

Also, tahahaha. Are you hinting what I think you're hinting? ;D

EDIT: Oh and I just noticed! The URL for my DA doesn't work. D: I think you spelled "Dawnsborough" as "Dawnsburough".

Last edited:
Hm, well, not sure what you mean by 'type of art.' I like drawing in pencil, and often colored pencil as well, and hate painting; the things I like to draw are usually people, and they're mainly spur-of-the-moment drawings. Does that answer your question? ^^

Sign me up, I guess. My DA's here. My TCoD art thread will come... eventually.

I draw a lot. I usually use just average pencils, and colored pencils to color (something I do only occasionally) and fine-tipped Sharpie markers for the outlines (they suck, but they're cheap enough.) I draw weird landscapes. And I also draw freakish original characters, most of which have-

a. A mental condition
b. Disfiguring physical impairments
c.Strange, impractical body structures
d. An utter lack of noses, ears or pinky fingers

So... Feel free to browse around my dA gallery for the moment. My art thread will be constructed whenever I have the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom