• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Odorless Mafia [night 3] -- mafia win

Re: Odorless Mafia [day 2]

That's pretty useful, actually. If someone's night actions have corresponded with deaths, then they're almost certainly mafia.

So, I guess we shouldn't lynch Flora. Abstain, or go after someone else? Off the top of my head Applejack and Le Sabre are the two people who are least active after Flora, but that's certainly not to say they're dead weight since they do contribute, so eh, I'm not 100% comfortable lynching them.

Off the top of my head Applejack and Le Sabre are the two people who are least active after Flora, but that's certainly not to say they're dead weight since they do contribute, so eh, I'm not 100% comfortable lynching them.

My reason is because of the limited internet access. And after that, I have nothing of value to contribute.

Subtracting my vote for Flora.

Um, we don't have any leads, and since everyone has been active and have been contributing, abstain?

Re: Odorless Mafia [day 3]

So! info time.

Well, I stalked Mai last night, and it said she targeted me. And since no one died last night, that means she is most likely a Mafia or a healer.

I'm leaning towards Mafia, just to be safe.

So, Mai, do you have anything to say?

anja: or whether res is actually doing its job properly. already screwed that up once.
anja: or whether the responses actually mean what one might think they mean.
anja: this does not necessarily say anything about the quality of the information.
(Anja is res, in this case.)

As you would expect me to say, I'm not mafia. I don't even have a night action. I would nominate you for lynching, but you might have been misinformed (see quote). Assuming that I'm mafia is silly--if I was mafia I would actually avoid targeting you. You're bound to be healed as long as doctors are alive, after all; I could easily go after other targets. Sure, I'd run the risk of getting caught, but I could claim something else and probably convince enough people to at least force a tie.

You could also be alien. As everyone knows, no one died last night. What if you were activated? Sure, it might be quicker to go for a win now, but you convinced us yesterday you weren't worth being lynched. Arguing differently wouldn't work that well.

Giving only two choices for what I could be, mafia or healer, you put yourself in a fine position for getting yourself lynched tomorrow. After all, I'd show up innocent when lynched! The mafia would assume a healer was gone, and it would also provide an excellent explanation for why you survived your nightkill. So they would feel free to vote for you tomorrow, claiming that you killed the doctor, and you could win...

Well, I'm going to abstain. Doing this so late in the game may not be the best idea, but it's better than the alternative.

Mai said:
You could also be alien.

She could be Alien. But given the circumstances, it's unlikely that she is. Even if she was, she would not be activated.

And there'd be no way you'd be healer. Because I healed Flora.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to roleclaim, but I'm the healer. Night 0, I healed myself, and Flora's inspection said I targeted myself (res messed up when it said no result). Night 2, I healed Flora. (Forgot what I did on Night 1 though...)

So, Mai.

She could be Alien. But given the circumstances, it's unlikely that she is. Even if she was, she would not be activated.

And there'd be no way you'd be healer. Because I healed Flora.

Did I say I was healer? I even said I had no night action. My point was that if Flora is alien, it would be useful for her to say I was healer after I'm lynched--that way the mafia would be confident she wasn't activated.

Flora still might be activated.

I don't want to believe that Mai is bad, but no info points for or against her.

Abstain

But if she's activated and we don't lynch her today, the Mafia's just going to target her again tonight and kill her for good, right? If Applejack did heal her and she is alien and she isn't activated, the Mafia are hardly going to go after her, as they may well waste their night action and it'd be easier to get her lynched, since the town doesn't want an alien any more than the Mafia does.

But anyway, Flora, does your night action only show who targeted who /on the night you use it/ or /for the entire game/? Because if it's the latter, and Mai's actions don't correspond with the deaths, then... she's not Mafia, obviously. But if it's only for the night you track, then that is indeed pretty suspicious. Especially because you said that you didn't have a night action, and yet you targeted Flora... could you clarify, please?

But anyway, Flora, does your night action only show who targeted who /on the night you use it/ or /for the entire game/? Because if it's the latter, and Mai's actions don't correspond with the deaths, then... she's not Mafia, obviously. But if it's only for the night you track, then that is indeed pretty suspicious. Especially because you said that you didn't have a night action, and yet you targeted Flora... could you clarify, please?

Except that Flora wasn't killed, and saying that I targeted her would have about the same meaning as me targeting you. Seriously, Flora, would you have went after Applejack if you tracked her? Killing you at this point would just be silly--healers tend to protect inforoles, after all. All that you "know" is that I have a night action and apparently used it on you. Why are you so sure it was a killing one?

Here's my clarification: I don't have a night action. Flora is either confusing herself, was misinformed, or is lying. I'm inclined to say lying, but.

She didn't say she was sure it was a killing one. She said you could either be a doctor or Mafia, but was voting you for safety's sake. Applejack claimed doctor and said she healed Flora, so if you were Mafia and targeted her, then she wouldn't die anyway. So it isn't quite the same as if you'd targeted me.

If Flora is confusing herself, she just has to check her PMs again to verify, but that's not something we can debate, so. She may have been misinformed, especially because res said that it had screwed up once already - but Applejack says that Flora's info was incorrect on night 0. I don't think it's likely that res screwed up twice, and what you quoted seems to indicate it only screwed up once. And if Flora is lying, well, if we lynch you and you are not Mafia, then we'll turn on her, and so these lies wouldn't benefit her. I'm rather inclined to believe Flora at this point.

If you don't have a night action but Flora was targeted by you... a fourth option is that res is just screwing with us.

She didn't say she was sure it was a killing one. She said you could either be a doctor or Mafia, but was voting you for safety's sake. Applejack claimed doctor and said she healed Flora, so if you were Mafia and targeted her, then she wouldn't die anyway. So it isn't quite the same as if you'd targeted me.

If Flora is confusing herself, she just has to check her PMs again to verify, but that's not something we can debate, so. She may have been misinformed, especially because res said that it had screwed up once already - but Applejack says that Flora's info was incorrect on night 0. I don't think it's likely that res screwed up twice, and what you quoted seems to indicate it only screwed up once. And if Flora is lying, well, if we lynch you and you are not Mafia, then we'll turn on her, and so these lies wouldn't benefit her. I'm rather inclined to believe Flora at this point.

If you don't have a night action but Flora was targeted by you... a fourth option is that res is just screwing with us.

(On another note, there are a lot of roles other than doctor or mafia that could be targeting Flora... but in any case, I'm not any of them.)

You're right, we can't really debate Flora being misinformed without complete transcripts of what happened - still, the idea exists. But if I die (or another innocent is lynched today) and the mafia manages to pull off a kill tonight, they may be able to tie the vote. The town might be unable to lynch her.

That's also a possibility. I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm still keeping my vote. Flora's inspections have been proven to be accurate (Even with res messing up on mine, both results are perfectly accurate. My healing on Night 0 protected me from night actions, not just kills. It'd be perfectly natural for Flora to get No Result from me. Though res probably did it differently, which said I targeted myself. Accurate too. I did target myself.), and with your "no night action" alibi against Flora's inspection against you, well, this isn't looking too bright for you, now is it?

But anyway, Flora, does your night action only show who targeted who /on the night you use it/ or /for the entire game/? Because if it's the latter, and Mai's actions don't correspond with the deaths, then... she's not Mafia, obviously.

Only the night I use it.

Back
Top Bottom