• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Frontier Town Old Town

"Yeah, but I've got equipment for my plan," Nova said. He seemed to... pick something off the ground. "What do you have aside from, y'know, you?"

"Well there's me, and there's Gerome, and I bet Mhynt and a bunch of others would want to helpz too! Owen's attacked and nearly killed me before, so what's to say he wouldn't finish the job?"

Something about that gave her pause, but she quickly recovered.

"You were on that caravan?" Nova wondered. He moved as though he was placing something into his bag. The he glanced back at the togetic and looked her over. "Or was there another run in I should be aware of?"

"No, he attacked me privately," Grace answered. "I got careless and was by myself while scouting."

While the voice was the same, the way she carried herself was definitely different, now. Why wasn't she flying...?

"That's very suspicious," Nova said, squinting. Something about the way his eyes narrowed was a bit... odd. "Why didn't you tell anyone? Surely, there's more we're planning than that, right?"

"I'll have to double check with that plan," Grace said, looking flustered. "I... think I'm going to go over this way to look for that toy for now. I'll see you later...?"

Nova frowned. "Oh, that? I see it right there." He pointed behind Grace, toward the gutter by the corner of a building.

She turned and her eyes widened. Sure enough, there was in fact, a dusty, old plush. "Oh, shoot, thanks!" said the Togetic as she started to jog off towards it. "I'll go ahead and deliver this, good luck with your scarf, Nova!"

But there was no response. In fact, if Grace were to look back over after acquiring the toy, she'd find no trace of Nova at all. Only some haphazard, skittery footprints that clearly didn't match someone of Nova's size. Plus, they weren't pairs of talon marks and pawprints.

It wouldn't be long before desert winds began to erase even those traces from the road...

"Huh," the togetic said, once she'd looked back. She didn't know of Nova all that much, so she chalked it up as him being bizarrely fast or something. Neat.

Or maybe...?

The togetic walked over to the old toy in the gutter, surprised that there was even a toy here to begin with. The dishevelled teddiursa plush was missing an ear, and it looked long abandoned. Or maybe just really old.

She wondered if the owner still thought about this thing, even as she picked it up gently and wiped off some of the dust.

The Mewtwo raid...

After some walking, she found her next person to watch. She needed more information, and that performance wasn't doing her any favours. They quickly found a side path to hide in, focusing on their next objective.

Togetic real Grace was flying around the area, eagerly searching... or something. The observer wasn't quite sure. Grace helped a lot of mons in her spare time.

They had to make sure they had Grace's movements down better. Her behaviours. Her thoughts. The more natural, the better.

They'd been so busy watching the real Grace, that they'd missed a rock they kicked across the ground. The observer panicked as Grace turned in their direction.

But Grace found nobody. "Huh," she said. "Thought I heard something... oh well! Let's go check the board again for another job!"

Her observer was gone.

<><><>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom