• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Oldest Nicknames

can I just say that it is so frustrating when people link to the old forums and it goes 'haha nope you need to log in' and I don't have a login because I'm not a tcod veteran!! :C i wanna snoop around too

Same :( Maybe if people just lent us their old accounts except no

There are a few people I recognize as their old names because people keep calling them that? Like Furret with Datura, I suppose (and I think I've seen a few posts with AuroraKing but). Superbird, Kusari rarely, Meowth, Ampharos, and Kindling Queen are all things I remember and use sometimes.

Despite being here for... two and a half years? I still remember Maimi as dragonair, Birdy as Superbird, Chal as Vixie, Lyra Heartsrings as rock-ground, Coloursfall as Full Metal Cookies... and well, you get the point.

I'm just glad no one ever refers to me as Zangviper.

You never asked!! I'd be willing to give anyone my (old!TCoD) password, idc

That'd be great, then! I figured it'd be weird to ask, haha. Would you prefer to PM it or

Despite being here for... two and a half years? I still remember Maimi as dragonair, Birdy as Superbird, Chal as Vixie, Lyra Heartsrings as rock-ground, Coloursfall as Full Metal Cookies... and well, you get the point.

I'm just glad no one ever refers to me as Zangviper.

Please, no.

Those were awful, embarrassing times. D: ... And thinking of it, I remember Zangviper!you. You... didn't seem that bad at the time, but.

Please, no.

Those were awful, embarrassing times. D: ... And thinking of it, I remember Zangviper!you. You... didn't seem that bad at the time, but.

I probably wasn't as bad as I remember, but I rarely posted outside of forum games, made a few douchey bigoted remarks in some of the other forums, fed trolls, and spouted godawful memes all the damn time.

I probably wasn't as bad as I remember, but I rarely posted outside of forum games, made a few douchey bigoted remarks in some of the other forums, fed trolls, and spouted godawful memes all the damn time.

I just remembered you in the RP forums, which is where I hung out most of the time, I think (although I definitely remember times in forum games).

... Thinking of how awful I was at roleplaying back then makes me cringe. I'm still not very good, but back then I was the literal worst.

Despite being here for... two and a half years? I still remember... ...Lyra Heartstrings as rock-ground...

Please, no.

Those were awful, embarrassing times.

This.

Words cannot describe what an idiot I was up until ~2008-2009.

Also, I'm fairly sure that those who took part in the Battle for Asber remember me as Effercon, as that was my username at the time.

I just remember you from the music threads. I thought you were pretty cool imo.

*checks VM's join date*

2010?

Heh, you weren't here when I was at my worst. :P

By the way, speaking of the music threads, I remember when there was a much larger metalhead presence at TCoD - now it's just us, but there were quite a few who no longer come here often, if at all (Grimdour, Jetx, Crystylla) or have stopped liking metal as much (Tarvos, sovram, Datura).

And now I've just realized that I wouldn't have gotten into three of my four biggest fandoms (metal, K-On!, MLP:FiM, Homestuck) without TCoD.

I've also just realized that this post has mostly become rambling...

I have nooo idea what my first name here was becaaause I used to just. make a new account and pretend to be a different person periodically. Perish Song and Minish were early ones, though! Aww, I remember when Dannichu was all "but you're Minish!! forever!!!" when I switched to Cirrus. Oops which eventually became my legal name oops.

I find it lots more trouble to remember people then are the same people now, plus if someone really wants me to disassociate them from a name I'll try hard.

Last edited:
*checks VM's join date*

2010?

Heh, you weren't here when I was at my worst. :P

By the way, speaking of the music threads, I remember when there was a much larger metalhead presence at TCoD - now it's just us, but there were quite a few who no longer come here often, if at all (Grimdour, Jetx, Crystylla) or have stopped liking metal as much (Tarvos, sovram, Datura).

And now I've just realized that I wouldn't have gotten into three of my four biggest fandoms (metal, K-On!, MLP:FiM, Homestuck) without TCoD.

I've also just realized that this post has mostly become rambling...

Yeah I've noticed (lurking~) that several members (Altmer, Furretsu, Squarewalker, Tavros) gave this board a big metal presence a few years back. This is really not the case now.

(If you really want to see how much I've changed in the last few years, just take note of my drastically different musical tastes.)

Also, like you, I got into MLP:FiM and Homestuck through this board.

Last edited:
Other people I talk to I mostly just refer to by their actual names by now sans Flora and Flareth.

Zora don't you know my actual name now why do you still call me Flora

awww frick I can't even distinguish myself from 13yo!Flora because it's the same name just shortened

and I joined too late in the forum for my horribleness to have vanished with the forum implosion :(

Wow, going through here I never noticed how many people I recognize that are under different names. I was pretty quiet back on IF, so most people don't remember calling me Charizard2K, or C2K. I mostly posted in Insanity and Clubs, which back then you didn't get postcount for.

If anyone browses other forums you might know me as Argetlam21, Not So Silent One or nasa, or some variation of Phantom.

I'd also be willing to donate the info on my old account if anyone wants to browse the IF forums.

I've had a fair share of usernames (Zironixx, Wolfie, and Oddly Hydraulic, Kay¿), but I've used Spoon for the longest, so I'm pretty sure that's what most people know me as. (Unless it's from a different place, then it's some variation of the shockingly different Spoon-Fork.)

Wait, you're Zironixx? I remember you now!

Aaand nw that there's been a link to the IF threads I can't stop looking back. Dammit.

Scorch was my very first username here, back on the conforums version. I changed it to Twisted Reality soon after, and I used that name for... quite a while, I think? Then I went with Byrus, and I'm probably gonna stick with that permanently.

I still think of Tavros as Altmer and viki as surskitty to be honest. I also got really used to Cirrus being... Cirrus. Seeing the name Minish is throwing me off now, but it's bringing back some old memories.

EDIT- Oh, apparently viki is surskitty again? +10 observation points for me

Last edited:
Zora don't you know my actual name now why do you still call me Flora
Force of habit mostly >w>
To give you an idea of how used to calling you that and hearing you called that I am, Sable was calling you by your real first name today and I had to actually stop what I was doing for a moment to figure out who she was talking about.

Altmer and Tarvos are one and the same.

We are a split personality ;)

Also Tavros means nothing. If you do that then at least call me Stavros :)

By the way, I did steal Tarvos from a metal album (which was in turn stolen from mythology). I will leave you to guess where I got the nick from :)

I just changed because I was bored of the name "Altmer" (which is actually a plural anyhow, haha).

Back
Top Bottom