• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[OOC-SignUp] Return of the Pokemon - The Egg Holders

River

What if I'm asleep?
Determined to make something new.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many years ago there was a type of creature known as Pokémon. They lived alongside humans as both companions and battle partners. The Pokémon lived with nature in balance, until one day they vanished. To this day we have not figured out where they vanished to or if they will ever return. What we do know is that the world has moved on and the Pokémon are no longer with us. Some theorise that the Pokémon vanished because of The Alliance’s meddling with their DNA, others that a great force transported them all to another dimension. What we do know is that without them the balance is weakened.
An extract form The World of Pokémon by Hamlin Diego.

It has been ten years since the Pokémon vanished and the humans are still trying to adapt to the lack of companions. The Alliance has been trying to create new Pokémon from the data they acquired but with little success. At the end of the tenth year a great cosmic event took place, a massive Quasar passed by our sun and as the light passed through it something amazing happened. Seventeen eggs appeared.
The eggs have been scattered into the possession of seventeen humans who seem to share little or no similarities and The Alliance wants them. Each of the humans was shown a vision that day, they had to care for the Pokémon or the Pokémon would vanish again. They have each been called to Celestic town by Arceus and should travel there as fast as they can for Arceus will hatch the eggs when they arrive. The Alliance has picked up on this call and is dispatching agents to try and steal the eggs from them as they travel.

Rules:
1. No God Modding or Weather Modding.
2. All eggs are unhatched at the start and can hatch into any basic non-legendary Pokémon of their type at Celestic town.
3. Relationships are allowed but keep it PG 13 please.
4. Age limit of 22 tops for Egg holders and minimum of 25 for Alliance Members.
5. First come; first Serve.

Name:
Side: ((Alliance or Egg Holder?))
Egg Held: ((What egg do they have((Egg holders only))((Fire, Water, Bug, etc))))
Description: ((What do they look like?))
Personality: ((What are they like? Can be PO))
Biography: ((Tell us about your character))
Relationships: ((Friends? Family? Etc?))
Other: ((Anything Else?))

My Form:

Name: Blake Ayuma

Side: Egg Holder

Egg Held: Fire

Description: Blake is tall and has black, ragged hair that stops about three inches from his shoulders. He usually wears a black jacket and a grey shirt along with jeans. His blue eyes glow faintly in the dark.

Personality: Blake is a usually quiet person but pays attention to detail as it could always help later. Because he grew up learning about Pokémon he knows about different types habits and has always favoured the fire type. He will usually help out friends where he can and may sometimes put himself in danger because of it.

Biography: Blake was born in Eterna City seven years before the Pokémon vanished and was seven when they did. He had wanted to be a Pokémon trainer but when they vanished he was heartbroken. Since then he had believed they would return one day. He spent the next ten years growing up with his family and reading up on Pokémon in old books in his spare time. When the egg had fallen from the sky, he had been over-joyed as it landed in his hands. As he received the message from Arceus he had packed his bag and started east towards Celestic Town.

Relationships: Maybe Later…

Other:

Who’s who:

Egg Holders:
Fire: Blake Ayuma
Water: Salene Auora
Grass: Nyra Shard
Electric: Liza Calem
Earth: Jack Seldra
Rock: Jessica
Normal: Egil Deacon
Flying: Imogen Evans
Bug: "Cairo" Corby
Ice: Katelyn Weber
Fighting: Reserved
Dark: Daphne
Ghost: Stephanie 'Steph' Fredrix
Psychic: Jared Hydred (Sorry, Mewtwo)
Steel:
Poison: Julian Maynard
Dragon: Drake Vensette

Alliance Members:
Leader: Leonard Freeman
Second in Command: Chase "Black Joker" Seldra
Lower ranking members:
Zack Amuya
David Silea

Last edited:
Name: "Cairo" Corby
Egg Held: Bug
Description: Cairo is of average build, as a result of a balanced life on the streets. His brown hair is cut short but rough-as if he'd used a knife to cut it (which he did) His green eyes have a "stare into your soul" look. He wears brown pants, a white shirt and a tan poncho whatever the weather, mostly because it's all he has.
Personality: Cairo is a loner, and has lived on the streets for some time, after his parents kicked him out at age two. He rarely speaks about his old life, prefering to "not hear" when people ask him. It takes a lot of effort to get people to warm up to him. Noone exept himself and his parents know his real name.
Biography: Cairo lived in Jubilife City for two years, before being kicked out. After that he went north, and was cared for by Nurse Joy in Floroma Town before he finally left the facility. When the Pokémon Center was closed down and Nurse Joy went to live with some cousin or another in Kanto, Cairo took to the Vally Windworks, where he has lived since then, occasionally coming in to town for supplies.
Relationships: He really, really, really, really hates his parents. Did I mention he really hates them?
Other: Ihavenothingtoputhereamundo

Name: Jared Hydred
Egg Held: Psychic
Description: Jared has brown hair, green eyes, a black T-Shirt, and Jeans. He wears Black Crocs.
Personality: Jared is a nice young fellow. He wouldn't turn down a challenge, and would actually win most of the time. He would save a friend even if it meant death.
Bio: Jared has a rich family that allows him to do many things. At the sge of 8, he began his psychic studies. He eventually mastered telekinesis to some extent, even though he can only move small objects, he's satisfied. He then began to work on Telepathy. 2 years later, he still hadn't mastered it, or come even close.

Fast-Forwarding 4 years,he recently went on a camping trip near Hearthome Outskirts. He was alone. And then... ((It continues into the story.))
Releationships: None. His parents recently have been declared deceased, but he doesn't know that.
Other: My egg contains Yuniran, a 5G. If I can't use 5th Generation Pokemon, just say so. ((Had to put it here because I would've forgetten. I'm using a web app called DSiTabs, but I can't Favorite anything.))

Last edited:
@ Cheatmaster: Accepted

EDIT: Ninja'd, Accepted, and fifth gen pokemon are allowed to hatch from the eggs. Xero, Mewtwo wont be too happy about you taking her egg XD.
EDIT2: Re read the post, Xero, ill allow Telekenesis but only on limited objects as the human mind is not strong enough to impose its will on larger objects. Yes i do get philosophical at times.

Last edited:
Eh, looks fun.

Name:
Jessica
Side: Egg holder
Egg Held: Rock (Ishizumai) or if dual-types are not permitted then Ghost and Desumasu
Description: An average-height blonde girl with hair that reaches slightly further than her shoulders, she has bright blue eyes. She is mixed-race, though her skin is a tad lighter than it otherwise could have been. She wears a silver ring on the fourth finger of her left hand. She usually wears a purple shirt and a red skirt or dress. She needs glasses to read. (Image here.)
Personality: Normally a cheerful, outgoing person, she has a tendency to unconsciously try to take charge in situations of crisis, also adopting a serious and cynical personality. Whether crisis brings out the best or worst in her would be debatable. She is also somewhat impatient.
Biography: She lived a perfectly normal life up until she found out about this whole mess.
Relationships: She comes from a perfectly normal, middle-class family. She has a fair few friends, being a friendly person herself.
Other: Not really anything I can think of. Oh wait, she's left-handed. does that count?

Biography could be better but otherwise it's good, Dual types are allowed. If you can, work on the biography. Accepted.
Edit: Yes, being left handed counts.

Okay.

Biography: She was born nine years before the Pokémon disapperared, and was very much looking forward to becoming a Pokémon Breeder the next year. She was rather annoyed when they vanished, since Pokémon Breeding was going to get her out of school. Unable to do anything about it, she went through school as normal until she was nineteen, when this whole thing began and she found her gravelly-textured egg and that's where we are now.

Better?

Much, I've always enjoyed reading the biographies on Sign up sheets. This one is very nice to be honest.

Reserve me the dark egg, please?

Name: Jessica
Side: Egg holder
Egg Held: Dark
Description: Jessica is average in height. She has black hair with blonde streaks in it. Jessica usually wears something casual, but if she wants to, she can put together something more formal or stylish. A classic casual outfit of hers is long black pants with a sudden yellow top.
Personality: Jessica can be quite mischevious, but she is always loyal to her friends. She has ended up to many elaborate things to keep her promises, but in the end she gets things done. Her schemes have ended her up in trouble, but never that much. She attributes that to her loving grandparents who she has been living with for a while. Jessica is very popular despite not really going to school (She's homeschooled, but doesn't learn much. Breeders/trainers need no education but knowledge of their pokemon!). She has a large circle of friends in both Hearthome and Solaceon.
Biography: Jessica was going to be a breeder or a trainer until the pokemon vanished. She didn't know what to do, but continued her preparations anyway, sure that they would return. She went to live with her grandparents to help them, as they lost their jobs when the pokemon vanished. She continued learning and, on a trip to Sunyshore, she found an egg. It just fell out of the sky! First, she called her best friend Tiffany. She was excited. Then, she knew she had to take it to Celestic Town. She prayed to Arceus that the journey would go well. Pokemon were finally coming back!
Relationships: She has her grandparents in Solaceon, and her friends. If anyone wants to be in a relationship, then sure!
Other: Not really. I'm currently unsure what the egg will contain.

Not done yet.

May I have a second character? Ice?

Last edited:
Reservation Accepted, I'm currently only allowing one Egg holder per person but if it doesn't fill up at some point I may allow seconds. However second characters are allowed of the Alliance at any point.

Reserving Ghost.

Name: Stephan 'Steven' Fredrix
Egg Held: Ghost
Description: ((What do they look like?))
Personality: ((What are they like?))
Biography: ((Tell us about your character))
Relationships: ((Friends? Family? Etc?))
Other: ((Anything Else?))

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

My power goes out, and this happens. ;.;

...i thought i reserved psychic when i went over the story

Back
Top Bottom