• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[OOC + Signups]The Bloody Ones

Name: Alex Straub
Blood: Yorunozukuchi (Noctowl)
Level: 31

Personality: Alex is a quiet type. He likes to relax, read a book, and chat with friends. He loves the ability to fly, and flies around for fun.

History:
Appearance:
Learned TMs:
Other:

I'll finish Later.

Okay, everybody who hasn't been confirmed, either you have

a) included too many tm moves or
b) not included a village.

To the people who already have included their village, check over the list of villages again, plz? You might see something that fits you more. For example, surskitty's character looks more like she'd come from the Undri Village than Sakaki.

Ah, knew I forgot to write it down. Fixed - Aera Village, 'cause of the whole Skarmory thing.

You should replace the 'other' part of the form with a 'village' slot. It's verrrry misleading.

Also I swear I have reasons to my character's village (edited it in) -- he is not the sort that'd come from a strictly ghost village.

For example, surskitty's character looks more like she'd come from the Undri Village than Sakaki.
Wasn't there when I edited it and I'm ... disinclined to change it. That's kind of "my life is darkness, my past is darkness, my future is in complete darkness, woe is me I am dark like darkness (also dark)," you know? I don't like playing characters with depressing backgrounds. Particularly since I don't get a WOE IS ME vibe from Shedinja....

I'd rather stick with Sakaki if that's okay. :/ It's the most practical-seeming one that's thematically linked. Tai could work, too, I guess? (except for BAWW VILLAGE IS GONE emo) but bugs and plants make more sense together and Nincada's part Ground, at least.
While there's the one bug village and bees are practical, the mitsuhaniichi thing's pretty big and -- no.

Last edited:
I can never think of names or appearances for human characters but I really have to join this :D

Name: Skeira
Blood: Staraptor (Mukuhawchi; I intentionally left out the K otherwise it wouldn't sound good when you pronounced it)
Age (human years): 12
Level: 41
Personality: If someone says something Skeira doesn't like, she will often snap back at them like a Feraligatr - except it doesn't hurt physically quite that much. She also hates rudeness, although she kind of contrasts herself at this point by being a bit rude in reply. She's patient when it comes to most things that take long, but her endurance of physical pain isn't that good. She prefers fast attacks that make her opponents confused on what just happened, but sometimes this results in hasty near-miss moves. Skeira also likes to spar with others, in a gentle fashion where moves are just inches from causing actual wounds. She can take a long time to explain the rules, depending on how much detail into which her sparring partners want her to go. She can prove a reliable, speedy attacker in battle, but don't count on her to take more than a few hits before backing out.

History: Skeira was born and raised in Aera Village, but for some reason the ritual was kept secret. Until right before her eighth birthday, Skeira had no idea of the blood-soaked rituals that took place when a child reached his or her eighth birthday as well. Skeira's parents broke the news to her only a couple of days before it was her turn at the Scyther's blades. Unfortunately she was rather nervous for the next two days, but in a vain attempt to erase anxiety she told herself it would have come and gone before she knew it.

The two days passed, but Skeira refused to be dragged to the ritual site, so she walked in an attempt to look brave. This facade was ruined by her shakiness between each step. She made herself look as if she was boldly facing the Scyther as she held out her arms...

The next thing she knew, her hands were gone. Red blood in a tiny cup was placed before her, and she drank; she had heard that her hands would grow back, and fortunately they did. Nowadays she remembers sweating with relief at this point.

After the ritual, Skeira began wearing her dull brown hair in a Staraptor style to look more like the Pokemon whose blood she had drank. It is a common misconception that this is one of the changes experienced over time after the ritual, but it is of her own decision. Following this unorthodox ceremony, soft, dark brown feathers began to grow at the base of her neck, creating a sort of collar that is pleasant to the touch. The feathers are white on the front, like a Staraptor's. She also has plumage on the front of her torso, but of course this is hard to show off except for the off-chance that she's wearing a swimsuit. As a result, no one really knows she has that many feathers at all.

At the same time, she also grew magnificent wings at her shoulder blades, but when asked about this she doesn't elaborate much.

Appearance: Skeira stands at 5'1", a bit tall for her age. Her sky-blue eyes are angled slightly, giving her a hawk-like appearance. Her width is quite... average, to say the least, but her face is slim and streamlined as if it were a jet-plane of its own. She wears her long, dark brown hair in the style of a Staraptor's comb and ear-tufts, and has even gone as far as to dye the tip red. She says it adds to her intimidating appearance, but others aren't so sure. It does make her look more like a bird, according to some people. Skeira dislikes jeans and prefers sweatpants, so she wears black sweatpants and a bland white short-sleeved shirt that's just a bit short, which allows her to show off a few of her white torso feathers. She prefers to go shoeless when indoors and occasionally when outdoors, but usually she just puts on a pair of plain red hiking shoes that don't really fit with the rest of her clothes.

Skeira has a somewhat fluffy collar of feathers around the base of her neck; in the front, the collar is white, and the back half is dark brown like her hair. More plumage adorns the front of her torso, patterned like a Staraptor's: a dark chocolate zigzag horizontally crossing a field of white. But most people only see white since she's not likely to take of her blank shirt in public. A pair of gray-brown wings also extend from her shoulders, but even four years after the ritual she hasn't learned to fly totally yet.

Learned TMs: Steel Wing, U-turn, Swagger

Other: Nothing at the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom